105 replies to this topic

#1 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

So, I watched it., cause it was all over Twitter, trending anyways. Yes it did have a wedding scene to it. And it was pretty emotional, imo.

The animation was amazing, crisp, clean, all that. Obvious bias to Hinata of course, she looked positively perfect oh my god. The most touching moment for me was when Naruto asked Iruka to be present at his wedding as his father (despite Iruka saying that he sees Naruto as a little brother to him but ok).

The window moment, where Naruto looks nostalgically at the statue of his fathers face with Hinata by his side was quiet moment for them (mostly for Naruto). Despite me disliking the pairing a lot, it was a nice moment. Maybe because this was the end of Naruto and seeing him all grown up and the tearjerk-ish music that was playing the the background, but damn. I certainly feel a sort of closure to all this, personally.

You know, now that I think of it, aren't they still 18-19? Cause Kakashi is still Hokage and Naruto is still in his TL outfit and such...

Sasuke & Sakura only got a minute of fame and that was it. Sakura reverted back to her 13 year old self, and Sasuke can't get out of his 2004 emo phase... They didn't even have a Team 7 moment either :( I wish they re-made their old genin team photo... but even that would feel tainted somehow.

Idk. I'm glad it's over tho holy moly its finally dead

Edited by lux, 31 March 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#2 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

I wouldn't be able to stomach it. It would hurt my heart to see it. Regardless if I believe the whole ending is kitten and fake.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#3 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

This goes in the Konoha theater in the anime discussion thread since it's the last episode of the anime (thank God for that) :happy:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#4 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

I wouldn't be able to stomach it. It would hurt my heart to see it. Regardless if I believe the whole ending is kitten and fake.

Aww I understand! I feel the same way too, it didn't settle right with me but curiousity got the better and _(:3 」∠)_

But then I remember how boring they are together & what a failure Naruto 2.0 is and I feel better lawl

#5 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

This goes in the Konoha theater in the anime discussion thread since it's the last episode of the anime (thank God for that) :happy:

Thanks for telling me! Although I'm not sure how to fix that now...

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

Yeah...I am getting old...Standards today is too soft.

#7 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mothra, Uzumaki, UFO:1999, Free!Iwatobi Swim Club.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

I read the whole Naruto manga in high school and read other Naruto stuff, but only ever watched a bit of the anime. I thought that I would check out this episode though.

SPOILERS

Umm wow.. those congratulation videos.. one was from the narutoverse equivalent of Shirō Ishii.

It only gets worse when you consider that Konohamaru was the one to film the message. Orochimaru did murder his grandfather.

This is the guy who when he first appeared in the series was wearing the flayed face of a 14 year old like a mask.

Yamato being there is also awkward, considering he was a human test subject of Orochimaru’s in an experiment that killed like 59 Konohana infants.

I’m surprised Tsunade actually agreed to be part of this after Naruto’s scumbaggery in “Lightning in the Icy Sky” helped lead to her stepping down as Hokage. She didn’t say anything in the video which makes sense.. she probably couldn’t bring herself to.

At the wedding it was a nice touch how they had Sakura standing around looking depressed and envious… 0___0

Sasuke is off somewhere because of his atonement (doing whatever he chooses while doing absolutely nothing that could actually be considered atoning)

You could argue that Sasuke isn’t there because the villagers aren’t ok with him being around. And that makes sense.. because he’s basically a traitor, a murderer, and a terrorist. Except it stops making sense when you realize the villagers are ok with Orochimaru hanging around. (His message was filmed in the village.)  

So Sasuke sends a letter with only one word – I was thinking about it, and you know it reminded me of that scene at the beginning of Evangelion. Gendo sends his abandoned son a letter with a single word of his written on it. When you see the letter, the paper had been scrunched up, torn to pieces, and then taped back together again by the poor kid. In that series it was recognized how cold and callous sending a message like that is… but in this series Sakura treats the message like a confirmation of loving support – all joking aside Sakura seriously needs help. She needs to see a therapist or something.

Edited by Toy Ninja, 24 March 2017 - 03:08 AM.

#8 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

The only saving grace to this whole situation is that Iruka got the credit he rightfully deserved.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#9 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

( Is this the right place to put this topic? If not, then I'm sorry lol )

Btw, SPOILERS.

So, I watched it., cause it was all over Twitter, trending anyways. Yes it did have a wedding scene to it. And it was pretty emotional, imo.

The animation was amazing, crisp, clean, all that. Obvious bias to Hinata of course, she looked positively perfect oh my god. The most touching moment for me was when Naruto asked Iruka to be present at his wedding as his father (despite Iruka saying that he sees Naruto as a little brother to him but ok).

The window moment, where Naruto looks nostalgically at the statue of his fathers face with Hinata by his side was quiet moment for them (mostly for Naruto). Despite me disliking the pairing a lot, it was a nice moment. Maybe because this was the end of Naruto and seeing him all grown up and the tearjerk-ish music that was playing the the background, but damn. I certainly feel a sort of closure to all this, personally.

You know, now that I think of it, aren't they still 18-19? Cause Kakashi is still Hokage and Naruto is still in his TL outfit and such...

Sasuke & Sakura only got a minute of fame and that was it. Sakura reverted back to her 13 year old self, and Sasuke can't get out of his 2004 emo phase... They didn't even have a Team 7 moment either :( I wish they re-made their old genin team photo... but even that would feel tainted somehow.

Idk. I'm glad it's over tho holy moly its finally dead

Yeah I agree. All biased aside, this episode was done well. The visuals and music were very good as expected being the last episode.

It makes me sad seeing Naruto all grown up. From that little scrawny Naruto to adult Naruto. He and Iruka go way back since episode 1. Iruka was the first person to accept Naruto so it was fitting to have some nice touching moments of them in this last episode. I thought they would have ramen together just like the old times.

The only thing I hate other than nh in this episode was seeing other characters suddenly hooking up. it's just so out of place especially in this kind of anime. i felt bad for sakura she had no one. it just goes to show you how much they hate her. She looked pathetic while Hinata looked like a goddess and gets all the royal treatment. that's the saddest part. sakura was one of the main characters while hinata was only a support character at best but decided to switch their roles last minute. and yeah they should have had at least some team 7 moments but all the emphasis was on the wedding. this anime was supposed to be about comradery but it turns out to be a bad romance. i wouldn't be surprised if they're trapped and living in Hinata's IT because that's what this is.

anyway they've actually done a good job with this episode. i give them that at least. i've also found some closure to all this and im glad it's over. i just wished that it went the other way

1wocs1.gif

#10 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

Yeah...I am getting old...Standards today is too soft.

Nah with this case, I'm still here trying to accept it as what it is in the most unbiased way I possibly can because I'm tired of denying kitten to be quite honest. Just the way they guilt-tripped their way up to canon still gets me, but just maybe I'll suck it up & get over it. But for now I'm still bitter & will forever hate this pairing. I'm also treating this as a filler because sadly, it felt more Hinata-centric than anything, really. I'm just glad it's over.

At the wedding it was a nice touch how they had Sakura standing around looking depressed and envious… 0___0

It certainly gave antis more than enough leverage to bash her imo, as if they didn't already had any. Psh.

The only saving grace to this whole situation is that Iruka got the credit he rightfully deserved.

1000% agreed. He was the first person to actively protect him after the ninetails was sealed in him. All credit to Iruka for making Naruto the way he is. Had he not protected Naruto that day, things would have went differently.

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Not exactly what I meant.

#12 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Awww man, I see what you guys meant. I just saw a clip of Sakura in episode 500, how one word from him will make her gush, and how she was alone and looked so sad... as a Sakura fan, I felt so bad for her. It feels like she's repeatedly getting the short end of the stick.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

I laughed.

#14 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

The two important things in any story are the plot and the main characters. Unfortunately for this series that had once great potentials, the main characters and the plot got assassinated and kissed the ground.

- The heroine was left miserable and achieved nothing what she aimed for.

- The hero got to be a miserable Hokage and didn't achieve anything else of what he always aimed for except getting Sasuke out of darkness.

- The secondary main male character still is the same with the way of his treatment to the important people in his life, and a tourist after long absences to his wife and daughter... Which forms the fact other than the reason of just for the sake of pairing Sasuke up :

" They shouldn't have Sasuke paired up with anyone ".

Edited by T XD, 24 March 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

So it has ended…

It’s amazing that it finally came to an end. I remember a long time ago, the end for a long-running series sounds surreal and terrifying. I didn’t want anything to end selfishly, but I’ve grown up and I understand that everything has to end at one point. Even One Piece will end. Naruto is one of the series that I grew up in the so called era that everyone likes to call it that consist Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. Oddly enough, I ended up liking the one that is the least popular and at times, I feel like the hate comes from envious, but I digress.

I came here to talk about Naruto. As it transitions to Boruto in the following week, the journey of Naruto has reached to the conclusion. Although I learned that everything has to end, it is a bit unnerving feeling because of experience. Some would take it as a funeral, some would take it as a sad but life goes on, and some would take it as another one bite the dust.

I fallen to the third option yet I didn’t intend to feel that way.

I often joke that my standards has become too retro in today’s society. I joke because as many have known, society has gotten way too comfortable for their own good. I don’t want to bring an argument against PC. I brought this up because Naruto ends on a right time where the standards are too easy to please. I at times think Kishimoto don’t need to work hard to create a solid sob story that actually worth noting, rather than someone heavily criticize it. It’s like a student project that believed his/her movie is Oscar tier yet the judge would place it in D+ level. Basically, Naruto no longer need to try hard.

While I was watching the finale of Naruto Shippuuden, and yes, I saw the rest of the arc, I thought to myself, “Why are these characters ending the series?” It’s a strange and ironic choice to end on. The only good part is Iruka himself, but I can see why some are turned off by it. I saw it good because it has that moment of Naruto and Iruka having a talk before the Wedding Day. I thought it was nice on the way it goes for Iruka, as well as fitting to his character.

That said the episode continues to drag on for its long composition of the Wedding and to me, this was a major problem. It should have cut shorter on Iruka searching for an answer or after Naruto and Iruka finish talking, cut to the wedding and end on a perfect note. Instead, it feels rather incomplete. The conversation was the only real “tear jerker” moment. Other than that, the last half didn’t feel all that special.

One of the major problems is how shallow it feels, but I can’t blame on the writer in a way. It has to go to the manga itself. The side characters hardly did a lot to contribute for their own standalone arc in a way. Not to mention, why end with them? I was expecting Naruto to go “Who are you?” For a series that has Naruto as the focus, he sure doesn’t get any final saying, which is actually weirder than the manga ending.

As for the last half, it was strange. We don’t get to see the marriage. Okay, fine, that’s fine. Then, we don’t get any impactful words to end on a high note. Instead, we congratulate him for the marriage. I understand the idea is that the side characters are the one to show appreciation but here’s the question:

Wouldn’t a Hokage Ceremony be the best time to do so?

In fact, it would remain true to the overall story. How is that hard to pull that off? Instead, I got an ending that feels like it could have been acceptable if it was a different story altogether. I was expecting something like,

“Thank you for your support! We hope you enjoyed Nisek- No… Naruto!”

The ending truly benefited on Hinata because how much focus she received. If you were to give me this ending and I didn’t know Naruto, I would honestly think it’s a Shoujo manga. I honestly would think the story is that there’s this guy named Naruto that Hinata, the protagonist, wants his love but things happen and here we are. It’s a bit bewildered. It’s like all the sudden this is what we were building up for. As if it pulls off the similar ending from another manga in which I won’t spoil, only that series have a powerful meaning. I should talk about that series one day.

The finale is not that bad, honestly, but since it’s the finale, it’s lackluster. It doesn’t feel like we accomplish anything nor got what we waited for. It’s like if One Piece ends, we never get to see the grand treasure One Piece itself. In other words, I feel ripped off. Yes, there’s the manga, but fans want things to be absolute, so this feels rather odd choice to end on. It’s not even in the manga. Look, I would let you slide and give you the benefit to say that it’s canon materials. That’s fine; however, it still didn’t feel special enough to be satisfied.

I did laugh hysterically that Sakura felt alone due to many of them were getting together (ShikaTema/SaiIno). But suddenly, a hawk that was meant for Naruto somehow lifted Sakura spirit up as if to say, “This isn’t mine but I damn well make it into one!” Yeah, that makes sense.

The main question is, is it better than Naruto Manga ending? Well, that depends on how you see it. If you want Naruto to fulfill his goal, concrete and all, manga is your choice. If you want more of a thank you contribution, despite the lacking developments, anime is your choice. It’s “choose your poison” if you don’t like the ending.

Well, it finally ended. I can see why people are sad about it and honestly, despite on what I said about standards, I don’t blame them. I respect that they felt that way. It’s just when it comes to me, I have nothing to say or any grief about it. It finally ending and that’s all there to it. It’s another journey that comes to an end though perhaps best to leave it as a memory forever on.

#16 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

The two important things in any story are the plot and the main characters. Unfortunately for this series that had once great potentials, the main characters and the plot got assassinated and kissed the ground.

- The heroine was left miserable and achieved nothing what she aimed for.

- The hero got to be a miserable Hokage and didn't achieve anything else of what he always aimed for except getting Sasuke out of darkness.

- The secondary main male character still is the same with the way of his treatment to the important people in his life, and a tourist after long absences to his wife and daughter... Which forms the fact other than the reason of just for the sake of pairing Sasuke up : " They shouldn't have Sasuke paired up with anyone ".

I would argue that he didn't even do that. Since Sasuke just gave up in the end.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#17 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

I just saw gifs..

Naruto was celebrating his last days of being single right before his wedding :lmao:

Did he even consider Hinata his girlfriend lmao he does not want to spend time with her...

I'm completely dumbfounded why they are a ship at all I just can't swallow it :headscratch:

ナルサク

#18 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

I just saw gifs..
Naruto was celebrating his last days of being single right before his wedding :lmao:
Did he even consider Hinata his girlfriend lmao he does not want to spend time with her...
I'm completely dumbfounded why they are a ship at all I just can't swallow it :headscratch:

lol, we all know who Naruto considers to be his girlfriend and future wife and mother of his kids. Everything just seemed too perfect for Hinata and strangely enough it's Sakura-Chan who's getting the kittentiest end of the stick. In this little dream of Hinata's, makes me wonder how many times Naruto moaned out Sakura-Chan's name while in bed with Hinata.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

I just saw gifs..

That's a bachelor party.

#20 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

I just saw gifs..

yup... and even if it was supposed to be naruto wanting a bachelor party why spend his time eating with iruka in my opinion that's not how he would have done it... would you spend the day talking with your father before the wedding? (and also we find out that he planned to ask iruka to come to his wedding as his father which might have been all he wanted to tell him) anyways i thought the episode was terrible there wasn't anything good in my opinion. even if it had been ns in the end and this episode was the wedding its easily the worst episode in this anime

Edited by totherpage95, 24 March 2017 - 06:56 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, ep 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users