• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura and Ino 4Ever

Sakura and Ino 4Ever

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:I have interests in Sonic the Hedgehog, High School Musical, etc.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:07 AM

This is where you can rate a TV Show that you recently watched. Example: If you were to rate the show Glee, you would probably give a 5 out of 10 because of the actors.

I'll start.

So You Think You Can Dance Results Show Week 3
10 out of 10
Best Dance moves EVER!!!
Sakura-chan and Ino-chan will be together forever....

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:25 AM

I started watching ABC's new show 'V' last week. Absolutely love it! :3

I'll give it a 9.0 for the first episode =3

V on Hulu~

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:38 AM

Sanctuary on Scifi would have gotten an instant 10/10 from me, if they hadn't done the absolute WORST thing they could do to my fave character D:

So Sanctuary gets a 0/10 from me now dry.gif

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:31 AM

Mad Men Season 3 finale, Episode 13: 10/10

I never give anything a perfect score but wow this is easily the best drama, let alone show on television. Superb in every aspect it is such a fascinating show that provides a great outlook into the 1960's America and the social changes that were taking place during the time period such as the women's movement, civil rights, the Kennedy Assassination, and much more. The primary setting of course is in a huge office floor where you are presented with conflicting interoffice politics along with character interaction as they compete and work with one another.The main focus of season 3 pretty much has been about Don's office and personal life and how it starts to break down. He loses his independence when forced to get into a contract for Sterling Cooper and then his marriage starts to fall apart slowly as his relationship with Betty has been on the rocks since they've both lost passion with one another. They stick together for their kids but you can see a clear breakdown of any sense of romance or love they had for one another (even though Don's adultery has started to decrease).

This season started off a lot slower than previous (and that says something considering the snail pace of the show) but by mid season everything started to come together and you saw the evolution take place from a lot of the main cast. Don, the strong alpha male who led by example and did his best to harbor control and independence slowly starts to lose this as he can't come to work on his own terms in the office and then with Betty becoming a nuisance for him with her constantly childish antics and loathing behavior drives him to seek pleasure in a woman of a vastly different personality. Along with Don, two of the other interesting characters are Peggy and Pete who are the younger view point of growing careers within the office and you can see their evolution and progression come to terms as Peggy tries to gain more respect as well as a bigger role in the office, and Pete tries to seek acknowledgment and move up the corporate ladder to further his ambitions. They both run through various hardships as they compete with their fellow co workers along with adjusting to the vastly changing time period. Then there is Betty as she struggles with her identity and trying to figure out what she really wants in her life. Whether what she has already created is really what she wanted, or just what she had thought was expected of her to have. It's a constant battle she goes through this season along with learning more and more about Don that she didn't know for the many years of their relationship.

Final episode spoilers --Click here to view--
Now before I make a long winded essay as I could simply go on and on about the countless aspects of the show let me get down to the finale and just how amazing it was. It was so unusual as it felt kind of 'action' packed with the quick pace and shifting of focuses and characters. Don basically made amends with all the people he 'wronged' and didn't really respect as he worked with them. It was really great seeing him fix the relationship with his boss Roger and how great they work as a tandem together. They're both smart and wise, and while Roger is more on the 'fun' spectrum he can still be introspective and realize things in situations that many other people would not be able to figure out. Then you had Don fixing things with Peggy/Pete and telling them just how much he actually needed them when he pretended not to. And it was quite intriguing to see that that was actually all they really seeked. They wanted Don's approval all along and you can see that deep down every character is pretty much conflicting ego's with one another as they do not want to stain their pride. Now the sadder aspect of the show came into with Don and Betty having their divorce scene. The part where they had to tell Bobby and Sally that Don was leaving was really heart breaking to see as the children would really miss their father (even though he was never around much, they were clearly more attached to him). It was quite daunting to see that Betty wasn't even really that affected by it and further stains her image of being a good mother.

The best part of the episode had to be the Ocean's Eleven vibe you got with Don Draper, Roger Sterling, Bert Cooper, and Lane Pryce all conspiring together and creating an operation that would save them from the future buyout of PPPL and thus giving away Sterling-Cooper advertising inc. as well. The whole plan they had was so damn clever and as they assembled everyone they needed to get started on their new business as they brought in the various accounts they needed for the business, the personal they acquired to run it, and the taking of the files as they moved into their new space. I literally cheered out loud when Joan came back to help them all move! The final 20 minutes of the show was so enthralling as everything was coming together and you can see Don evolving yet again as he makes amends with all the people and makes new bonds and cuts off the toxic one with Betty. The last scene with when they are all in the hotel room and Don enters from out the bed room and looks upon everyone chatting and eating you can see a content smile on his face as he embraces his new surrogate family. The music was fabulous and mixed well into the show matching the mood and setting perfectly to create the right atmosphere. The 'cliff hangerish' ending with all the potential new story lines that can conspire. Don's new job, his new apartment in the city, Betty on the plane to Rino, the rest of the cast abashed by the cleaning out of the original Sterling-Cooper office. Everything was just fantastic in every damn way that the finale was simply 'epic' .

It is going to be a long grueling wait for season four when such a great show ends. The last three months have been some of the best damn T.V. I've watched with every week ending with a episode that always leaves me completely satisfied with how fulfilling it is. The show has continued to exceed expectations and deliver everything it provides for when it received it's universal critical acclaim. Not since The Sopranos aired have I enjoyed a show so much that it breaks back my faith that something good can exist amongst the boat load of crap on t.v. nowadays. The only real pity is that since the show requires a high level of thinking and not for those who can't analyze the themes as well as symbolism in the show won't appreciate the full aspect of it and thus has led to a small yet comfortable fandom which leaves little room for the stupidity and uncultured fans which in the end is probably a better thing after all. I will have to look forward to hopefully Breaking Bad to match up to the great level of providing drama.

#5 Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Droogie

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Naruto, NASCAR, Icha Icha

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

this week's episode of Sons Of Anarchy 10/10

"The Crow Flies Straight, A Perfect line. On The Devil's Back Until You Die..."

#6 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

Glee! 10/10

8)

#7 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Nov 22 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glee! 10/10

8)

GLEE!!! wow.png I love it XDD

Anyways..
Heroes - 8/10

#8 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

Top Gear - 100/10.

300 million viewers will agree with me. biggrin.gif

#9 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Stargate Universe 8/10

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#10 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

Bones: 9/10 -- Last season's ending SUCKED argh1.png

But Tempy x Booth FTW laugh.gif
meh.

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:46 AM

Mythbusters: 10/10
I freaking love this show.

uc.png

#12 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

Psych 10/10
This show is made of all kinds of win!

JLHza2T.png

#13 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

Modern Family - 9/10 IT IS HILARIOUS!

#14 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:03 AM

Big Bang Theory - 9/10

L...M...A...O heheelq7.png
I am still pinky-ash

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Breaking Bad Season 1 & 2: 9/10

AMC has done one hell of a job with having both Mad Men and Breaking Bad being the two best dramas on television at the moment. They each respectively win awards for best drama and actors for the last two to three years and have had universal critical claim for being astounding shows. I started of watching Mad Men first and upon the completion of the third season, I felt as if I had easily viewed the best drama since The Sopranos (though it helps that Matthew Weiner was also a writer for The Sopranos). However, after having finished Breaking Bad I can say that in its short span of only twenty episodes it has been able to match the same of level of excellence the other two series have provided. What's great about all three shows is that they focus on many different aspects of drama with business and politics, family and crime, and drugs with a unique angle. They are separate and unique in identity and provide audiences with many different themes and subjects.

Now onto a more in-depth review on this series. There are countless shows on drugs and the effects it has on individuals, groups, and societies. Law & Order and CSI are the two prime shows that deal with them, but in my opinion they tend to get repetitive and redundant with the drug aspect. The Wire, which is my second favorite show all time, broke the traditional police cop drama and dealing with drugs in society to broadening the perspective so viewers got a chance to see the whole spectrum of drugs from those who try to prevent it from harming society, to those who inadvertently cause it's downfall upon their own personal gain.

What's fascinating about Breaking Bad is that the story is so anomalous and not what you'd expect. A chemistry teacher who has never done anything bad in his life becoming a drug dealer? Someone that you'd least expect getting involved in a crime with such high stakes of risk? That along with dealing with terminal lung cancer and partnering up with his former drop out student to sell drugs has the making of one crazy story. And you know what? It damn well delivers on every bit of that. All of the main cast and even the side characters do an amazing job in portraying their roles and really bringing out the personality of who they are playing. They fit so well and adapt greatly towards the setting of the show. I'm only familiar with Bryan Cranston on his role as the dad on Malcolm in the Middle and the dentist on Seinfeld. You'd expect him being on sitcoms mean he wouldn't be suited for a role which requires advert seriousness, but he truly gives an outstanding performance of such an intriguing character and rightfully has been awarded two straight Emmys for it.

Walter White, is not only the central character of the show, he carries the whole thing. He is a very complicated man and one who walks a dangerous path upon which many people wouldn't imagine someone in his predicament would be able to do. And that's why the show is so great. It isn't your typical drama about a drug lords' rise to the top or a policeman infiltrating a drug syndicate. It's a normal average man who has to face some tribulation in his life and has to resort to a means that most people wouldn't imagine going into. This helps make the show very unpredictable as you try to figure out what is he going to do since he isn't a bad man. Would he really be able to kill a person? Would he really be able to create a potent drug and sell it with no consequence? How can he keep his double life a secret without causing suspicion from his family and loved ones? Then you have Jessie Pinkman, the supporting actor and polar opposite of Walter, who is the junkie trying to make money from the drug game, but isn't the hardened street thug you'd expect so he to like Walter has to overcome the challenges of the drug game. He falls victim to his own addiction and it begins to harm him despite his constant struggle to get over it. He isn't a hardened street kid but one who came from nurturing and caring upbringing. He is exposed to a lot of the drug game, but hasn't fully grasped it. This creates for some excellent character development and keeps the viewer suspenseful on what exactly Jessie will do in certain situations and the effects it will have on him.

What so great about the show is its morale gray area and walking a very thin line between good and bad. Normally most people would not be able to sympathize with someone who gets involved in drugs. Yet in Walters case the viewer can understand this pain and has an idea of why he does what he does. This is how brilliant shows are created. When they aren't linear and stray away from normal expected entertainment and focus on "outside of the box". They help you question your own thoughts, expectations, and morality. Subjects that aren't simply up for common interpretation but rather require some sense and deliberation into whether the choices the character(s) make are right or wrong, and what we would do if we were in their situation. How far will Walter descension into being a criminal go? At what point does he realize what he is doing is terribly wrong and something that will drastically hurt people. He wants to make sure his family is safe and able to carry on financially if he were to die. But won't what he is doing currently not only hurt his family, but tear it apart? Towards the edge he dowels closer and closer and his morality only gets thinner that he may just truly become "bad to the bone".

#16 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

Monk (2002-2009): 7/10
A great show that lasted a few seasons too long but the final episode made up for it.

uc.png

#17 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

Lost - 10/10 FTW!!!

#18 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:37 AM

Fringe - 9,001/10

#19 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:42 AM

Human Target - 9/10 Fox Wednesdays @ 7 central

Lots of action and smart humor. Does a good job staying episodic so that you can get into it without having seen a previous episode. At the same time, it has underlying plotline and the backrounds of the characters are being revealed slowly to intrigue the audience. I only gave it a 9 because some of the action sequences are noticeably low budget. I kind of like it though, it reminds me of watching the A-Team growing up.

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:13 AM

Just finished watching the season finale of:

Caprica

Which is the story set 50 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica happened, and this whole series is kickass! 8D

10/10 for me wow.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users