Dragonball Z Kai headed to Nicktoons Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

http://www.comicbook...a/news/?a=15759

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Heard this a couple of days ago.

Well I guess anime is now heading towards other kid channels, instead of Cartoon Network.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

i know i jest hope they dont edit it to much

#4 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Been hearing those commercials all week. Forget DBZ, bring back Zim full time. mad.gif

It doesn't surprise me that it's not on Cartoon Network, though. They haven't treated their properties very well. sleep.gif

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Naruto Shippuden and One Piece on Disney XD and now DragonBall Kai on Nicktoons? FU Cartoon Network.

uc.png

#6 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

I'm with you Edward all the way ;D

#7 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

what's the difference between dbz & dbzkai?
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#8 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

DBZ Kai has no filler episodes, a different soundtrack, and is only planned to be 100 episodes long, whereas the original DBZ had something like 290 episodes.

#9 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Mar 24 2010, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's the difference between dbz & dbzkai?

DBZ Kai is a remastered version of the original series, and only worth your time if you haven't watched the original series a gazillion times already like I have. The entire voice cast returned to redo the voices, they cut out the fillers (I think) and remastered the palette, aspect ratio and visuals in general so they can call it a "HD remastered edition". There's a tiny bit of new animation where the fillers would have left a gap, but other than that it's the same show.

As a hapless slave of the Dragonball World though, I'll be downloading it as soon as it's finished. I have access to a HD projector and a 500'' projector screen, and I'm more than ready for a DBZ marathon on that kitten. I'm shivering in anticipation already!!

I'm with Truffle on behalf of Zim though. The idea of cancelling that show must have spawned in the mind of a complete idiot. If the ratings are down, it's because the timeslot is bad. The show was pure genius, and anything else I've seen on Nick has been crappolini in comparison.

#10 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:49 AM

Ugh, what?! I've heard of the intense edits and censoring that happened to Naruto in XD...would Kai be submitted to the same fate?! Damn it, this probably wouldn't have happened CN kept Toonami with them.....

#11 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Mar 23 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't surprise me that it's not on Cartoon Network, though. They haven't treated their properties very well. sleep.gif

That's because Cartoon Network is pulling an American Movie Classics and a Sci-Fi in trying to shun it's niche market to be more "mainstream". All kinds of reality style shows on the channels now. Not to mention Cartoon Network fired/laid off most of it's animation bigwigs; guys like Sam Register and Craig McCracken don't work at CN anymore. They've pretty much given their roots and their fans the finger at this point.

It comes as no surprise that most of the shows anyone wants to watch aren't on CN anymore; it's a miracle Batman: The Brave and the Bold is on there, though I suspect that was WB and Time Warner strong-arming them, considering CN shunned DC licenses for the past several years.

Edited by dl316bh, 24 March 2010 - 05:11 AM.

bd5.jpg

#12 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:33 AM

Ben: 10 Alien Force, Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, and Batman the brave and the bold is just about all i watch from CN and the Saturday night adult swim block with Bleach . sleep.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 05:34 AM.

#13 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben: 10 Alien Force, Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, and Batman the brave and the bold is just about all i watch from CN and the Saturday night adult swim block with Bleach . sleep.gif

im the same

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:59 AM

Luckily I stick to Boomerang for old-school classics tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#15 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 24 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luckily I stick to Boomerang for old-school classics tongue.gif

I watched them when i was growing up but eventually i got "i've seen them all" expression. Don't get me wrong i still like seeing Batman Gothem Knight, X-Men, and Spiderman series from the 80's to mid 90's. when i thought/still think was the best Marvel and DC series of all time. I^_^

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 06:29 AM.

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched them when i was growing up but eventually i got "i've seen them all" expression. Don't get me wrong i still like seeing Batman Gothem Knight, X-Men, and Spiderman series from the 80's to mid 90's. when i thought/still think was the best Marvel and DC series of all time. I^_^

Yeah, but for me, as I had watched the classic cartoons as a child, I couldn't remember the exact episodes. I watched shows like The Amazing Chan Clan, Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Hong Kong Phooey and Wacky Races because it was how many years ago when I first watch them on Cartoon Network, back when it was "the god of goodness for TV" in the 90s for watching not only classic cartoons but new ones that were great and airing anime as well.

But enough about memories, lets get back on the DB Kai US debut.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#17 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

Yeah! It's Saturday night! The only night Cartoon Network has anything good. Bleach and FMA Brotherhood. I see the commerical for a month now. I am physed for it but at the same time kinda dissapointed at the same time. Yes Zim is the only good show they got. I do watch Avatar from time to time. Yeah I'm lame. Naruto Shippuden on Disney XD kinda sucks, I didn't see the Deidra headlock on Tobi on Wednesday. Oh well. Theres always the box sets. I just hope they don't pull Bleach out of Adult Swim. Now days they have better anime on Chiller and Sci Fi. Sorry for those who don't satallites. I love Monsters! I seen an anime on a movie channel, I think it was IFC I don't see it anymore. It was called Basalic. Yeah Proubly watch the DBZ Kia. Just to check it out.

#18 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Jeez, more DBZ. They remastering the series, uneditted this, etc etc etc. Once you seen the series two or three times through, that's enough.

Edited by Burning_Wulf, 26 April 2010 - 04:44 PM.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#19 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

@ Derocky - Boomerang is cool! Too bad they mostly show Hanna-Barbera cartoons. They need to put Looney Tunes back on!

As for this thread...

I hope funimation hires Ocean Group again to do an 'international english' dub of kai like what they did in DBZ...but with a bigger budget. I liked the Ocean dub from the first 2 seasons...but it got crappier since the voice actor of Goku changed every arc, and they were rushed.

Anywhoo... I'm with Truebeezy. Not watching this until it finishes, since I've seen it so many times. D:

They need to remaster Dragonball. XD

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ May 3 2010, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Derocky - Boomerang is cool! Too bad they mostly show Hanna-Barbera cartoons. They need to put Looney Tunes back on!

As for this thread...

I hope funimation hires Ocean Group again to do an 'international english' dub of kai like what they did in DBZ...but with a bigger budget. I liked the Ocean dub from the first 2 seasons...but it got crappier since the voice actor of Goku changed every arc, and they were rushed.

Anywhoo... I'm with Truebeezy. Not watching this until it finishes, since I've seen it so many times. D:

They need to remaster Dragonball. XD

I thought they showed Looney Tunes. Probably in the same time slot as it was in Cartoon Network back in the day as the "Bugs and Daffy Show". I know Duck Dodgers is airing on that channel.

Now, I couldn't stand the Ocean Dub back in the day and I watched some episodes of the Cell saga with those voices (for Android 18 and Cell) and it sound horrible in my opinion (I mean, they had no emotion when playing the characters).

latest?cb=20140126021943

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users