Close
Photo

WHAT IF Kishimoto decides for SS to be the end game??

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

What if...

Hm, well what would there be to say if that were to be the case? "Oh well"?

I'd be disappointed and probably a little depressed for a day or two (judging by my reaction the few other times my ship has sunk in other fandoms (my ships are usually canon)), but at the end of the day pairings are not my sole interest in the story.

I don't think SS makes much sense, though. Sasuke was never into Sakura, still doesn't appear to be, and has never shown romantic interest in anybody.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#62 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:00 AM

I'm not sure how much I will care. It'd be shoddy writing because the set us just isn't there. I wouldn't understand why either cares that deeply for each other. I don't understand why Sasuke would care much at all and given how Sakura's feelings just got defined, why they would suddenly shift back to love when Sasuke's treating her like crap.

The development would have to had started much sooner or this manga will have to drag on. Still, I don't know that it'd bother me more than any of the writing I have seen. My feelings for the pairings just aren't what they were. The constant weaving and bobbing on moral issues is a bigger problem as is characters constantly taking their common sense and cramming it down the potty for difficult to identify reasons.

Umm...more like Sasuke's plot relevance and huge asspulls he has going for him. The whole thing with Naruto trying to save Sasuke is okay. It's not that bad of a plot idea. What was bad is how Naruto thinks of Sasuke as a "great friend," when Sasuke really hasn't done anything to earn that title.

I disagree. Sasuke's relevance has never been an issue. He's always been Naruto's objective. That, alone, I don't think is an issue. I think the mistake with Sasuke is two-fold: (1) trying to split the baby on the whole being evil but still being redeemed bit (which has been a total disaster for more than one character) and (2) taking what was a personal goal of Naruto and attaching on the whole save the world crap. The series was better when it focused on the mirco.

The two brothers thing is bad for both of them, but it's really the coup de'grace of a longer standing problem that began by turning a personal struggle into massive world-wide one that has spanned multiple generations. Thus, they in their awesomeness will solve a conflict not even the greatest of ninja could solve.

t's also the reason why i feel people have misdirected rage against Sakura for not being as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura is actually one thing Kishi actually wrote correctly, but because he had to asspull Sasuke into the picture AND have Naruto be of equal status to him, he had to pull out probably the biggest asspull of the manga.

I don't see how it's misdirected if there are problems with both (which there are). That Sasuke's issues are worse (which they are) doesn't mean he isn't screwing Sakura up too.

The whole thing with Naruto trying to save Sasuke is okay

I think so, too. I think it'd be more accept to readers if more time had been spent justifying the whole best friend bit and more time going into why Naruto is so desperate to never lose any friend. The latter isn't necessarily rational, but given his history I understand. I think its implied, but maybe it would be better received if Naruto openly explained this.

#63 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

Sasuke and Sakura are just so much better without each other. I don't know if they can even build up the friendship that they barely even had... WHY would anyone want to ship these together. Kishi would have to seriously lose his head, in order for him to make such a nonexistent pairing canon >.<'

No chemistry. At all. Omg.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#64 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

2i72rza.jpg

2ivn2tv.jpg

#65 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

SasuSaku is something that I find very unappealing. I won't say that it's an impossibility, but personally I very much dislike the dynamic Sasuke and Sakura have. I would not look at Sakura differently though, nor would I say that *she would be ooc. One thing Sakura has struggled through time and time again is her stance on Sasuke. He is a very negative presence in her life, yet its become clear to me that she yearns for him to change. There's a desire there that I feel could easily lead her astray and potentially drive her to his (reluctant) arms. It would not be out of character, but it *would show a hault in furthering her maturity. To be with Sasuke would mean that she let her emotions get the best of her, and would fail to see how toxic such a move would be. She could be 'happy' that she has Sasuke-kun, but would have to face the consequences of that. Sasuke, even redeemed, would fail to give her the attention and love that she needs from a partner. He is naturally a cold person, and Sakura is naturally a warm person who is very insecure with herself. Even without meaning to, he would be neglectful and even harmful to her on a mental level. This would be the case whether or not Kishi forces his character into being interested in her by the end of the series.

#66 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

To people who say they'll be "depressed", it's a mental health diagnosis. Don't toss it around like it's simply you feeling down for a few days. :down:

ナルサク

#67 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

To people who say they'll be "depressed", it's a mental health diagnosis. Don't toss it around like it's simply you feeling down for a few days. :down:

Actually the word has a broader set of meanings in English and doesn't strictly imply a particular clinical condition. It may also stand for "dispirited", "despondent" and so on.

Edited by Syn11, 04 July 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#68 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Oh, I didn't mean it that way. I'm well aware of the mental health definition, and I know firsthand how ugly it is. I meant no disrespect. ^^;

Just that I've heard the term used both ways (including with specification that they weren't speaking of clinical depression), and most words have more than one definition.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#69 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

It's too bad I can't use violence as a joke here because clearly I won't be that insane to do it. It's only making a point of "Dear God, this is the worst." To be honest, I have to limit myself here before people get scared of me. Like in here, I was going to find a gif of Kenny saying, "You know, whatever. I'm going to sleep." Then shoots himself. You know I won't do that, right.

#70 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

If Kishi decided to make SS endgame it would make 631 look awkward as kitten. Also they would have alot of catching up to do considering they don't know anything about each other at this point. Then there's the fact that Naruto would still be a problem, as we see in RTN even in a scenario where Sasuke has an interest in Sakura she still spends way more time with Naruto (its actually pretty funny how there's a scene where she's just looking at the flower Sasuke gave her and immediately starts thinking about how Naruto is doing)

eh10ut.jpg

#71 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I'm actually pretty interested in knowing who Sakura ends up with. (That's why I always check up on the story every once in a while.) If she ends up with Sasuke, I guess the 13-year-old in me would be pretty upset that she didn't end up with Naruto.... but the 18-year-old I am would be even more upset that she didn't end up with Ino, because SakuIno is dabomb.com. No, but for real, wouldn't that be the greatest ending? She had over time developed a crush on Ino and figures out that the feeling is mutual and they get together? And it's not played for cheap laughs at all? *happy sigh*

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#72 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

If SasuSaku happened, I would mostly just be ticked off at Kishimoto for being such an IDIOT. I'm still pretty annoyed by the fact that Sakura still had romantic feelings for her 12-year-old crush after having not seen him for two and half years and almost being killed by him three times. I feel like that's just unrealistic and Kishi trying to make her, like all of his female characters, stupidly and illogically in love. It just doesn't make sense. If my 12-year-old crush started killing people, I would stop liking him! Anyway, enough about that... If Sakura then proceeded to end up with Sasuke, I'd say, "Screw this, Kishi. You've lost all credibility as a writer" and walk off into the sunset. 

Buuuut, he's proven himself to be pretty good time and time again, so I highly doubt that'll happen ^^ So, yeah. If SasuSaku happened, I'd mostly be annoyed with Kishi for making Sakura a complete idiot and not being the character he wants her to be. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#73 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

There is no what if in this situation. Sasuke doesn't deserve to be with Sakura. Expecially after the build up on NS since Sasuke left. I dislike the SS pairing so much. If Kishimoto decided to make SS the end game, I'd go nuts. Their relationship has zero development at all. Heck, I'd rather have NH than SS. My point is, after so much development NS just has to happen. Sasuke can be with Karin or whatever.

#74 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

I would have to say if SS became the end pairing I would be really pissed off.

#75 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

I don't know why cause I never read nor watch Twilight but SasuSaku reminds me of Edward/Bella even though Sakura is better than Bella Swan.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 07 August 2014 - 03:00 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#76 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

Sasuke doesn't even like Sakura and Sakura's thing for Sasuke is just an obsessive childhood crush. That's why NaruSaku is so much better, there's a real connection between them :) even though I still don't ship it lol
WqQwzgf.gif

#77 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

Exactly but we honestly don't know what she's thinking right now.

#78 NarutoIzDaMan

NarutoIzDaMan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

I haven't been on these forums in a LONG time but I feel like I needed to make a post :sweat:

IF Kishi decided to make SS canon then he would basically be sending the message that it's OKAY to be in an abusive relationship PERIOD. There is nothing Kishi can do at this point to make SS a viable pairing without making Sakura's character look even worse than she has in the past.

Simply put, the only way Sakura's character is finally going to be "complete" is if she finally gets over whatever "hold/power" Sasuke has over her. It doesn't matter who she ends up with (or not) in the end, it just CANNOT be with Sasuke. Sakura's character will forever be tainted if she ended up with someone who tried to KILL her and oh by the way - Sasuke would end up looking like an even bigger doucebag than he already is if he actually agreed to give it a go with Sakura while knowing fully well that Naruto is in love with her.

Either way you slice it SS has absolutely NO positives going for it which is why I deemed it being dead as far back as 484 (Sasuke's murder attempt). The following chapters after that have only proven just how toxic this so called "potential" pairing is. I rest my case ladies and gentlemen..... :pimp:

For the record - NaruSaku is still the most logical and rational pairing outcome in the story

Edited by NarutoIzDaMan, 12 August 2014 - 08:12 PM.

"You're the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the Fourth Hokage, that's what I believe" ~ Hatake Kakashi

#79 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

I haven't been on these forums in a LONG time but I feel like I needed to make a post :sweat:

IF Kishi decided to make SS canon then he would basically be sending the message that it's OKAY to be in an abusive relationship PERIOD. There is nothing Kishi can do at this point to make SS a viable pairing without making Sakura's character look even worse than she has in the past.

Simply put, the only way Sakura's character is finally going to be "complete" is if she finally gets over whatever "hold/power" Sasuke has over her. It doesn't matter who she ends up with (or not) in the end, it just CANNOT be with Sasuke. Sakura's character will forever be tainted if she ended up with someone who tried to KILL her and oh by the way - Sasuke would end up looking like an even bigger doucebag than he already is if he actually agreed to give it a go with Sakura while knowing fully well that Naruto is in love with her.

Either way you slice it SS has absolutely NO positives going for it which is why I deemed it being dead as far back as 484 (Sasuke's murder attempt). The following chapters after that have only proven just how toxic this so called "potential" pairing is. I rest my case ladies and gentlemen..... :pimp:

For the record - NaruSaku is still the most logical and rational pairing outcome in the story

And that is why SS is crack XD SasuHina has more potential.

Edited by Raikidori, 12 August 2014 - 08:15 PM.

WqQwzgf.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users