INAUGURATION DAY!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

I BE AT WORK WATCHING IT LIVE STREAMING ON CNN.COM! a_spaz.gif

#2 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

I'm at home, due to no school because of snow, reading this.
That's what I was doing.

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

I was wondering when someone would post a topic about today. XD

I'll be watching it on Sky News soon. smile.gif Probably 4:00 - 4:30 so I can settle in before Obama is sworn in as the 44th President.

Today is definitely an historic day. Now, we will soon see if Obama can live up to his promise. Will he deliver the change he has promised, or will be simply maintain the status quo? Personally, I hope he can rein in the hawks and forge better relations with the Middle East. I'm not expecting miracles, but I'd like to see an end to the Bush "axis of evil" propaganda.

Anyway, all that is in the future. For today, I'll enjoy the occasion. biggrin.gif

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jan 20 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering when someone would post a topic about today. XD

*teehee* ;3

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jan 20 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today is definitely an historic day. Now, we will soon see if Obama can live up to his promise. Will he deliver the change he has promised, or will be simply maintain the status quo? Personally, I hope he can rein in the hawks and forge better relations with the Middle East. I'm not expecting miracles, but I'd like to see an end to the Bush "axis of evil" propaganda.

I think that it will probably take him up to 2 years to truly make a positive change and impact on the country, but I believe that he can do it happy.gif

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that it will probably take him up to 2 years to truly make a positive change and impact on the country, but I believe that he can do it happy.gif

Of course, it will take time. I am also hopeful. smile.gif In these times, we need inspiration more than ever.

#6 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

My Mom was just like, "Wanna stay home tomorrow?" and I said "...sure I'll stay home tomorrow biggrin.gif "

So now I'm sitting comfortably in my room with the volume up on my TV. It's pretty cool.

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Jan 20 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Mom was just like, "Wanna stay home tomorrow?" and I said "...sure I'll stay home tomorrow biggrin.gif "

So now I'm sitting comfortably in my room with the volume up on my TV. It's pretty cool.

Tell your mom that she rocks! 111191.gif

#8 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

This is how I'm gonna be saying it in the future...

"Uncle Angel, what were you doing when He was sworn in?"
"Me?" *leans on his walking stick*
"I don't really remember..I mean that was like..13549876 presidents ago...but I think I was either watching it with your great great grandparents on a Spanish channel, or I was playing a video game on a system you never heard about called the Play Station 2"

wow.png I plan on living a long time wow.png

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Angel @ Jan 20 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is how I'm gonna be saying it in the future...

"Uncle Angel, what were you doing when He was sworn in?"
"Me?" *leans on his walking stick*
"I don't really remember..I mean that was like..13549876 presidents ago...but I think I was either watching it with your great great grandparents on a Spanish channel, or I was playing a video game on a system you never heard about called the Play Station 2"

wow.png I plan on living a long time wow.png

XDDDD

Oh wow, I'm watching the live musical performance by Yo-Yo Ma and others, and the musical composition is simply gorgeous wow.png

#10 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

"We are ready to lead once more!"

He gets it!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

LOL! Oh, I loved that Reverend's speech XD

When brown can stick around, when yellow can be mellow, when red can get ahead and white can do what is right.

And this was a prayer. Oh, the epic win lulz :teehee:

#12 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

I... was working. xD For all of a half-hour.

Now, because it was dead at work, I'm at home. 8D; Yayhome.

Might watch it, if I can remember the PIN number to unlock the channelz... >.> Some of it, anyway. I was never quite political. ♥

#13 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hmm, not a bad speech by President Obama. happy.gif It wasn't his usual rousing talk, but it suited the occasion. He even took a couple of shots at Bush and Cheney (I actually cheered when Cheney was bundled into the limo and whisked away for the last time - I really don't like that man, though I do wish him a recovery from his back injury).

Aretha seemed to overegg her singing (which is usually beautiful), and the poetry made no sense to me, but I loved the John Williams composition. smile.gif

It's so true that America needs to pick itself up and start again. Its foreign policy has divided nations, and I agree with Obama offering "the hand of friendship to dictators that will unclench their fists". Those dictators aren't going to go away overnight, and I think that if their countries can get on better with America and improve, then maybe those countries can too change for the better and become more diplomatic. Maybe I'm being naïve, but it seems a better alternative to antagonising them. We need to build, not destroy.

Good luck to the new President and his First Family! biggrin.gif

#14 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

I can only wish Obama good luck. Maybe america can do better, and I hope so. I believe only Obama can do it, but lets see if people can chill on being so zealous.

Oh, Obama, for those of us who voted, legalize it. you know what I'm talkin about.

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

I was in bed asleep...

Luckily mom called me and woke me up so I rolled out of bed and crawled to the living room to watch it.

It was a nice inauguration, very moving. Lol @ John Roberts messing up the oath.

Rough times are ahead and uniting as a nation is a must if we want fix the U.S. It'll be a long hard struggle but we can overcome!

#16 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jan 20 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in bed asleep...

Luckily mom called me and woke me up so I rolled out of bed and crawled to the living room to watch it.

It was a nice inauguration, very moving. Lol @ John Roberts messing up the oath.

Rough times are ahead and uniting as a nation is a must if we want fix the U.S. It'll be a long hard struggle but we can overcome!

If all else fails I have 2 safe houses in Southern Mexico smile.gif

#17 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

I've been watching bits and pieces including Obama's speech.

YES WE CAN!!!!

uc.png

#18 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Angel @ Jan 20 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If all else fails I have 2 safe houses in Southern Mexico smile.gif

Haha sweet. I'll take the top bunk! laugh.gif

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

I was watching it online in my class until the damn bad connection messed up the video rawr.gif It stop right before he was going to start his inaugural address. sleep.gif

Now, I'm watching it at home!

EDIT:

I don't how he does it... but his address was well-spoken, clear AND concise! Hearing all of that makes it clear that I picked the right choice for leadership.

... and Senator Ted Kennedy just went back to the hospital because he had a seizure. sad.gif My prayers for another recovery.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#20 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

They let us watch it at lunch at school (live in Canada)

I don't see the big deal about Obama. I understand he inspires people, and people are excited coz he's African-American, but he hasn't done anything yet. The way people act, you'd think he's becoming a god or something...
. Don't Press the red button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users