Close
Photo

Whats your OTP now that NS was given the pipe?

• Please log in to reply
1511 replies to this topic

#21 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

for me its hiccstrid tumblr_ni7w7xhgiG1riec0ho2_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#22 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

KenichiXMiu from Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple. I'm still waiting for a spinoff cause that ending was not satisfying though the series was good.  :happy:

Ed and Winry, But they are Already Canon so that need not be said in my mind But yes I Love that couple. :D Al and Mei chang was pretty good to if the implications were anything to go by.

Too many to list really. But As someone already said here. Ochako and Izuku from Boku no Hero Academia. :lol:

Sill I  like NS, but I need some cure for damage.

Do i really i desperate to ship this couple?

tumblr_ndjtfiXWg91trpnp2o1_500.png

Did you know there's an upcoming Episode called "Ash and Serena's first Date! The Vow Tree and the Present!"? :lulz:

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 January 2015 - 01:33 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#23 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

I don't watch Pokemon anymore but my OTP will always be AshxMisty. XD I'm kind of annoyed by this slew of harem girls Ash is getting. You may say I live in the past but Ash and Misty is just classic. I also miss Brock... *sigh* The good old Pokemon days.

#24 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

I don't watch Pokemon anymore but my OTP will always be AshxMisty. XD I'm kind of annoyed by this slew of harem girls Ash is getting. You may say I live in the past but Ash and Misty is just classic. I also miss Brock... *sigh* The good old Pokemon days. 

Amen, brother.

I am not saying that all old episodes are good and all new episodes are bad, but...

I watched the Indigo League season till the end. Then I watched the Orange League episodes and I started to get bored. There barely was some character or episode that stood out to me, and that League seemed very wishy-washy to me (IIRC, the Gym leaders tested Ash with ridiculous trials instead of challenging to a proper battle). Then the Johto season began... and I watched a few episodes but they felt very dull. I realized that I had stopped caring for Pokemon, so I stopped watching.

I know, I know. It is a status-quo-is-immovable, Monster-of-the-week kid's show. It is bound to get repetitive after a while. You never were a member of the public that it is done for (I was in my late teens when she show started out). If you do not like, do not demand that it changes to serve you. Stop watching it and let other kids enjoy their cartoon made for them.

So that that is what I did. I found that it became boring and I stopped watching.

Nonetheless my nephew watches some episodes every so often and I see no reason to care again. I do not care for Ash's new partners. I do not care for Ash's newest girl who follows him around and will be replaced the next season. I do not care for Ash's newest Pokemon that he will ditch as soon as Nintendo makes the next Pokemon game. I do not care for the new secondary characters and the new villains.

In my headcanon, the Indigo League season got a very different development and ending (more akin to the Red/Blue/Yellow games) and the series stopped shortly after.

And this fanfic is a possible -dark- alternate future: Pokemon Master

On topic... I have several OTPs (KoujixSayaka, AsukaxShinji, RanmaxAkane, RyoxKaori...) but NS has not stopped being one of them. Reading Marvel and DC comic-books has taught me bitterly to disregard preposterous, character-damaging retcons.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#25 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

i also like sora and kairi they have good chemistry and i hope they share the paopu in kh3

#26 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

i also like sora and kairi they have good chemistry and i hope they share the paopu in kh3

Yeah Sora x Kairi is pretty damn obvious. XD They're cute together and my Kingdom Hearts OTP. All the yaoi in that fandom along with the Kairi hate makes me sick to my stomach.

#27 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:56 AM

SoraXKairi.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#28 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

ShadowXCordelia forever!

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#29 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

Well, Naruto was the last active anime\manga I was still following; with Ah! My Goddess and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple (or however you interpret that title) both closing out earlier in the same year as Naruto, all three ending at around the same time has been a bit of a shock.

I could rehearse the list of OTPs from anime\manga I used to read, but that list would go on way too long and I'm sure I'd forget several simply from prolonged inactivity.  So, I'm going to go ahead and list what I follow from other types of storytelling.

On television and in movies right now, I still like Caskett from Castle and Hiccstrid from How to Train Your Dragon.

In Webcomics, there is Elf\Kevyn from Schlock Mercenary and Ina\Yori from No Need For Bushido.

In books, there is Ellion and Letitia from Shadow of the Sun by Barbara Friend Ish, Hap Hazzard and Tara from the Hazzardous Universe series by Julie Wright and Kevin Wasden, and Maelgyn\Euleilla and Mathis\Kieras from In Treachery Forged and The Kitsune Stratagem, respectively (both books by, um, me, so I actually have a bit more control than normal over these pairings).

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#30 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

I also like Leo/Lucy from Fairy Tail.
Ummm... Link/Zelda from LOZ too. XD
And Mario/Peach. I'm old school.

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 22 January 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#31 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

tumblr_mwhp38O28v1rx7xs0o1_400.gif

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#32 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

Yeah Sora x Kairi is pretty damn obvious. XD They're cute together and my Kingdom Hearts OTP. All the yaoi in that fandom along with the Kairi hate makes me sick to my stomach.

same here kairi is awesome

#33 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

first and always, pearlshipping. 

i know there is a lot of amorshippers here but i stand by ash and dawn, always. 

#34 pumyte

pumyte

PumyteH

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

I have lots of ships but the one and only OTP will always be narusaku for me u.u
pixel_shinachiku_uzumaki_by_pumyteh-dbs3

#35 FreakySandra1995

FreakySandra1995

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Komahina from Danganronpa 2 as well as Hinanami.
Also Yatori

Your wish has been heard loud and clear!

tumblr_n4c1f8AT2C1tswvyoo3_500.gif

Iki Hiyori

May our fates intertwine!

#36 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

For me it's SS

okaaaay~ I mean THIS SS though lol

THIS SS

they are like my childhood OTP, I was soooo obsessed with them before that it makes me cringe and giggle at the same time just remembering those days. But at the end of the day, they seem to be my most beloved pair *sniff* aside from NS

tumblr_mwhp38O28v1rx7xs0o1_400.gif

you don't know how much replayed that scene over and over gyaaah~ it makes me wanna watch it all over again.. ahh those happy days

The rest I can think of are from the mangas I've been following...

For those that has safely sailed upto the end are:

WARNING SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1. Mamura x Suzume from Hirunaka no Ryuusei

shh

having said that...

This just go to say that the pairing war kitten in Naruto has nothing to compare. It was simply a disaster... an unfair disrespectful ending.

Stories may or may not go to how i wanted it to be, but good stories or any decent stories DO MAKE SENSE even if i like it or not. pfft sorry for the additional rant lol.

2. Hotate x Hayami from Yamamoto Zenjirou to Moushimasu

for people who haven't read this yet, i highly recommend this. SOme do feel unsatisfied about the ending but for me its more like they are just craving for more lol.. this ain't really a romance type of manga but i dunno i just felt good after reading it, and cried buckets too.

---

and for those "ships" that are still braving the sea, I've got:

1. Taichi x Chihaya from Chihayafuru

Its a 50-50 chance here. I have nothing against Arata but i always feel like Chihaya is more likely be just engrossed with Arata's Karuta playing but not as a person. As for Taichi, he wasn't the nicest kid and he was definitely a jerk back then BUT THIS is what actually made me like him more.. I always love a character more when they develop naturally as i read, not being all great already from the get-go and stays a bit static for the rest of the story. ugh but this kind of thinking reminds me alot of Naruto and we know where that got me, eh?

Anyway, aside from the perfect image of Taichi he is actually a hard worker, he actually works the hardest and didn't just get anything like a typical genius type of character would. no scratch that he IS the hardworking type rather the gifted one.

The start and flow of the story do give heavy emphasis on Arata x Chihaya route though.. I dunno maybe i kinda developed a supporting gene to the "underdog" type of manga men lol.

2. Yanagi and Kujou from Last Game

okay let's have something lighthearted albeit frustrating at times lol.

3. Suwa x Naho from ORange (Takano Ichigo)

okaaay this is another MUST READ. i cried and had soo much feels reading this manga.. This ship is in a danger zone but i dunno.. after a certain chapter it made me ship Naho with Suwa entirely when i was actually loving Naho with Kakeru at the beginning. It's just that... there are things that are probably meant to happen no matter how much we try to prevent it.. ahem if you know the plot then its about Kakeru's well...fate.

Plus for me its totally unfair for Suwa to do what he is doing right now.. totally breaks my heart. I'm sure the "future" Naho DO love him truthfully even if Kakeru's... ya'know THAT.. lol anyway just a warning to you guys if you are interested reading this manga.. its heartbreaking but in a good way.

4. Zen x Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayukihime

another lighthearted one to appease the heart lol.. for some reason they do stray away from the typical shoujo couple in a good way.

They have this straightforwardness in their relationship that i totally adore.. although a possibility of a love triangle might taint this manga's charm but i do kinda like the other one which is Shirayuki and Obi lol teehee

I actually have more but I have to go now, i think I've said too much and a whole block of text like this might be quite annoying to some.

Edited by dejavu, 09 February 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#37 Kleine Weiss

Kleine Weiss

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theatre, Music (classical, JPOP, cinematic), Dogs, Sketching, Worldbuilding, Art & Graphic Design

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

For me it's SS

okaaaay~ I mean THIS SS though lol

THIS SS

they are like my childhood OTP, I was soooo obsessed with them before that it makes me cringe and giggle at the same time just remembering those days. But at the end of the day, they seem to be my most beloved pair *sniff* aside from NS

you don't know how much replayed that scene over and over gyaaah~ it makes me wanna watch it all over again.. ahh those happy days

The rest I can think of are from the mangas I've been following...

For those that has safely sailed upto the end are:

WARNING SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1. Mamura x Suzume from Hirunaka no Ryuusei

shh

having said that...

This just go to say that the pairing war kitten in Naruto has nothing to compare. It was simply a disaster... an unfair disrespectful ending.

Stories may or may not go to how i wanted it to be, but good stories or any decent stories DO MAKE SENSE even if i like it or not. pfft sorry for the additional rant lol.

2. Hotate x Hayami from Yamamoto Zenjirou to Moushimasu

for people who haven't read this yet, i highly recommend this. SOme do feel unsatisfied about the ending but for me its more like they are just craving for more lol.. this ain't really a romance type of manga but i dunno i just felt good after reading it, and cried buckets too.

---

and for those "ships" that are still braving the sea, I've got:

1. Taichi x Chihaya from Chihayafuru

Its a 50-50 chance here. I have nothing against Arata but i always feel like Chihaya is more likely be just engrossed with Arata's Karuta playing but not as a person. As for Taichi, he wasn't the nicest kid and he was definitely a jerk back then BUT THIS is what actually made me like him more.. I always love a character more when they develop naturally as i read, not being all great already from the get-go and stays a bit static for the rest of the story. ugh but this kind of thinking reminds me alot of Naruto and we know where that got me, eh?

Anyway, aside from the perfect image of Taichi he is actually a hard worker, he actually works the hardest and didn't just get anything like a typical genius type of character would. no scratch that he IS the hardworking type rather the gifted one.

The start and flow of the story do give heavy emphasis on Arata x Chihaya route though.. I dunno maybe i kinda developed a supporting gene to the "underdog" type of manga men lol.

2. Yanagi and Kujou from Last Game

okay let's have something lighthearted albeit frustrating at times lol.

3. Suwa x Naho from ORange (Takano Ichigo)

okaaay this is another MUST READ. i cried and had soo much feels reading this manga.. This ship is in a danger zone but i dunno.. after a certain chapter it made me ship Naho with Suwa entirely when i was actually loving Naho with Kakeru at the beginning. It's just that... there are things that are probably meant to happen no matter how much we try to prevent it.. ahem if you know the plot then its about Kakeru's well...fate.

Plus for me its totally unfair for Suwa to do what he is doing right now.. totally breaks my heart. I'm sure the "future" Naho DO love him truthfully even if Kakeru's... ya'know THAT.. lol anyway just a warning to you guys if you are interested reading this manga.. its heartbreaking but in a good way.

4. Zen x Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayukihime

another lighthearted one to appease the heart lol.. for some reason they do stray away from the typical shoujo couple in a good way.

They have this straightforwardness in their relationship that i totally adore.. although a possibility of a love triangle might taint this manga's charm but i do kinda like the other one which is Shirayuki and Obi lol teehee

I actually have more but I have to go now, i think I've said too much and a whole block of text like this might be quite annoying to some.

Omg. We have the same ships.  :hehehe:  With emphasis on Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Chihayafuru, and Orange.

I've always thought that Shishio would be the end guy and I was okay with it. I don't really fancy student-teacher relationships but for some reason Shishio was an exception (like Tanaka-sensei from Ao Haru Ride). But deep down, I was always rooting for Mamura. Same with Chihayafuru, I don't know how it's going right now but I am under the impression Arata will always be the one so me supporting Tachi is dead game. Yeah, I always end up rooting for the second guy.

Orange. Damn, I'm fine with any guy, Suwa is a Saint and Kakeru needs Naho. At this point on, I don't care who ends up with who but please don't let any of them die. Not Kakeru, not anyone of them. PLEASE, for the sake of my sanity.  :cry:  :cry:

Tobirama goes to McDonalds

by HeathenCryX on deviantART

2-versions_zpsqxuemqx4.gif

and some NS with Kishi being a kitten inspired by it.

#38 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

Omg. We have the same ships.  :hehehe:  With emphasis on Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Chihayafuru, and Orange.
I've always thought that Shishio would be the end guy and I was okay with it. I don't really fancy student-teacher relationships but for some reason Shishio was an exception (like Tanaka-sensei from Ao Haru Ride). But deep down, I was always rooting for Mamura. Same with Chihayafuru, I don't know how it's going right now but I am under the impression Arata will always be the one so me supporting Tachi is dead game. Yeah, I always end up rooting for the second guy.

Orange. Damn, I'm fine with any guy, Suwa is a Saint and Kakeru needs Naho. At this point on, I don't care who ends up with who but please don't let any of them die. Not Kakeru, not anyone of them. PLEASE, for the sake of my sanity.  :cry:  :cry:

Lol maybe we did develop some kind of gene that makes us root for the second guy.
That moment when Suwa revealed thatspoilerlol i fell in love with his character..and the baby aww but yea i ont want anyone to die but really i think its unavoidable. But maybe this time it wont be as tragic as everybody did their part.. but please no death flag for Suwa i dunno.. i feel like they are gonna switch places?? Im getting scared.. is it just me thinking this way? Or have you thought of it that way too? The deathflag for Suwa in particular..

Saying this now made me realize why i still continue reading mangas like these even if they break my heart into pieces. Its because the story still feels rewarding regardless i get the ending i hoped to have or not.. wish i could say the same to Naruto though.. thats the only manga that left me with great distaste. There is nothing redeemable nor likable in its ending and thats coming from me who likes almost anything.

Edited by dejavu, 10 February 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#39 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

NaruSaku was the first ship I shiped, and will reamain the best! :D

But beside them!

Touma/Misaka

42.jpg

Emi/Maou

hataraku-2-3-maou-sadao-ami.jpg

Yp330yZ.gif

#40 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi