4201 replies to this topic

#3421 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Not really taking sides here, just weighing in the possibilities.  If done correctly it will give an interesting Dynamic while not destroying the drama. But I will consider that it IS shonen so power ups killing the drama is very possible, but until it actually happens I won't really lose sleep over it 

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 January 2019 - 05:16 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3422 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Something tells me one reason WHY we never saw others do what Izuku has exhibited is because of the way that things have been with their connection to the previous users of One For All. We know for Izuku, it began in his battle with Shinso in the Sports Festival when he had seen all their images before he broke free of his brainwashing, and that just seemed to further move it along to where we are now, even if Izuku as he is now can only control 20% of OFA's power right now, but he has formed something of a connection with the first user as well as the others very slowly. That's why I am thinking there's more to why he's been able to than meets the eye. Not something like, say, he's related to Nana or someone else, but that he has the potential to become the greatest user of One For All deep down.

#3423 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

One of my issues is this screams "lack of creativity or choreograph." I know for a fact you can remain impressive with solely fist fighting. Naruto was the same until the war arc. However, at least he established an ability to remix (Rasengan) other elements, so that was fine. 200 chapters in and after all the hardship, it turns out there's more to unlock? That's not even needed. It's not even like All for One was undefeated and All Might lost but if only he has more quirks, he could have won. If it did happen, then that's fine, more or less. How convenient it is to be growing when the protagonist now holds the quirk.

#3424 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

Don't worry. He will. He will be OP as hell and essentially, bore me with lack of tension and plenty of convenient plot point waiting to happen. Honestly, if Kohei knows how to choreograph, this type of power wouldn't be needed.

I don’t think that him having multiple quirks automatically means that he’ll be OP, and on a more broad scale, I don’t think that an op character automatically means no tension/bad writing/boring. It depends on how it he writes it.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3425 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

One of my issues is this screams "lack of creativity or choreograph." I know for a fact you can remain impressive with solely fist fighting. Naruto was the same until the war arc. However, at least he established an ability to remix (Rasengan) other elements, so that was fine. 200 chapters in and after all the hardship, it turns out there's more to unlock? That's not even needed. It's not even like All for One was undefeated and All Might lost but if only he has more quirks, he could have won. If it did happen, then that's fine, more or less. How convenient it is to be growing when the protagonist now holds the quirk.

Well Like I said, do we know what those other quirks are? if it was something over the top like shooting city leveling energy blasts or something along those line then sure, cry foul on undermining the prime use of OFA, that it diminishes All Might's win against AFO, and Deku is OP that it is not interesting anymore. But that has not happened yet.

In fact

So I'm just reiterating, until Deku shows other quirks that render his Super strength as unnecessary and out dated then he is not being super OP nor does that down grade what All Might accomplished against  All for One. Maybe those other quirks are support Abilities to the super strength you never know. And I'd argue the opposite, it is actually super creative to incorporate that element in, it is only that again, All might never showed it. Nana did not show it so that is why it seems half out of the wazoo. But again let's see what exactly the the quirks are first before stating that Deku having multiple quirks kills the drama of the series

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 January 2019 - 09:20 PM.

#3426 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

I don’t think that him having multiple quirks automatically means that he’ll be OP, and on a more broad scale, I don’t think that an op character automatically means no tension/bad writing/boring. It depends on how it he writes it.

The odd thing is we haven't seen him struggling in a long time. That's not reassuring. Also, yes, it will soon. Hellboy said that all of their quirks are enhanced significantly, so it's not like bare fist is the only strong point while others are lower level. It's more convenient since we can imagine a moment of struggle happens and he somehow unlocks the other quirk out of spite. It's been since Muscular that gave me true tension of Deku's danger. Overhaul was the first to kill it and it looks like it won't be the last.

#3427 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

The odd thing is we haven't seen him struggling in a long time. That's not reassuring. Also, yes, it will soon. Hellboy said that all of their quirks are enhanced significantly, so it's not like bare fist is the only strong point while others are lower level. It's more convenient since we can imagine a moment of struggle happens and he somehow unlocks the other quirk out of spite. It's been since Muscular that gave me true tension of Deku's danger. Overhaul was the first to kill it and it looks like it won't be the last.

So losing control of his quirks and having no idea what happened and being saved by Ochacko is not Deku struggling? And losing control of his quirks in his sleep is also not him struggling? But in a broader sense, since saving that little girl, how many opportunities have we seen where Deku could have struggled? The only time he could have was against that YouTube dude, and he struggled even then. He’s struggled at every turn.

EXL5X4B.png

#3428 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

So losing control of his quirks and having no idea what happened and being saved by Ochacko is not Deku struggling? And losing control of his quirks in his sleep is also not him struggling? But in a broader sense, since saving that little girl, how many opportunities have we seen where Deku could have struggled? The only time he could have was against that YouTube dude, and he struggled even then. He’s struggled at every turn.

Shinso did the saving while Ochako holds him down. Deku was struggling by himself and the funny thing is, it's resolved. Yes, he can screw up again, which is pretty much a trope of an angry protagonist. Also, those struggles you pointed out aren't worth feeling the threat or believe the danger because there is none. With Overhaul, yes, there was until he got the ridiculous star power that killed all hype and tension. Even the latest DB movie did it far better. He didn't have much problem with Gentle until La Brava's quirk activated, only he still wins without too much of a hassle. His concern was the festival being cancelled. Oh the humanity.

The feel of danger has been slacking for a while. It's not entertaining anymore.

#3429 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

So...

This week's chapter

So it seems Game Theory was right. So to speak

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3430 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

It's time to finally see what's going down in my Hero Academia...

first live reaction since Chapter 203 this should be interesting: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3431 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

Don't worry. He will. He will be OP as hell and essentially, bore me with lack of tension and plenty of convenient plot point waiting to happen. Honestly, if Kohei knows how to choreograph, this type of power wouldn't be needed. 

The start did say that this was the story of how he became the greatest hero of all time. It is essentially Deku retelling what has already happened. So I can't say I am surprised. You can't be the strongest with super strength alone.

So it is kind of foreshadow.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3432 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

Shinso did the saving while Ochako holds him down. Deku was struggling by himself and the funny thing is, it's resolved. Yes, he can screw up again, which is pretty much a trope of an angry protagonist. Also, those struggles you pointed out aren't worth feeling the threat or believe the danger because there is none. With Overhaul, yes, there was until he got the ridiculous star power that killed all hype and tension. Even the latest DB movie did it far better. He didn't have much problem with Gentle until La Brava's quirk activated, only he still wins without too much of a hassle. His concern was the festival being cancelled. Oh the humanity.

The feel of danger has been slacking for a while. It's not entertaining anymore.

Regardless of who did the saving, he needed to be saved. It's not resolved, as the predecessor said himself before disappearing. It was an obvious allusion that he's going to be tested in that measure going forward, and will struggle with it. And yes, he was having problems with Gentle before the girl used her quirk. It wasn't an easy fight for him. Regarding danger, not every struggle has to be life and death. Deku doesn't have to be on the verge of dying for it to count as a struggle. 

I'm with you if it turns out to actually be bad writing down the line, but to me, this opens up the road for Deku to develop on his own instead of having it taken away by enter-side-character-here. This is more exciting than anything we've gotten recently. To me at least. Of course, I'm not exactly confident that the author won't screw Deku over in favor of someone else, but that remains to be seen.

Edited by AHK, 18 January 2019 - 07:23 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#3433 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

The start did say that this was the story of how he became the greatest hero of all time. It is essentially Deku retelling what has already happened. So I can't say I am surprised. You can't be the strongest with super strength alone.

So it is kind of foreshadow.

Is that supposed to be an excuse? Might as well become Ichigo while he's at it. I believe you didn't read the series or caught up to it, but when you read the journey, you'll start feeling conflicted because it seems lost in its own shuffle. How would you feel if Superman suddenly has even more power than the established skill set. Isn't the number one rule with heroes is not overpowering them? Even he has weaknesses and problems as you pointed out. Don't you want your journey to be thrilling, exciting, and above all, earned? Perhaps I shouldn't spoil, but nothing really screams a necessary.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 18 January 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#3434 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Regardless of who did the saving, he needed to be saved. It's not resolved, as the predecessor said himself before disappearing. It was an obvious allusion that he's going to be tested in that measure going forward, and will struggle with it. And yes, he was having problems with Gentle before the girl used her quirk. It wasn't an easy fight for him. Regarding danger, not every struggle has to be life and death. Deku doesn't have to be on the verge of dying for it to count as a struggle. 

I'm with you if it turns out to actually be bad writing down the line, but to me, this opens up the road for Deku to develop on his own instead of having it taken away by enter-side-character-here. This is more exciting than anything we've gotten recently. To me at least. Of course, I'm not exactly confident that the author won't screw Deku over in favor of someone else, but that remains to be seen.

If you remember, Deku did his flick that ricochet and won. It's La Brava that basically gave him an extra round so to speak. I know not everything has to be life and death, but again, we are due for something new. The series has gotten too formulaic, so now it's time to freshen up a notch. Also, it hasn't been compelling since Hideout Raid Arc, which had a good amount of buildup to that moment. Here, it feels like couple of notes but not much to engage with the characters. It feels like a story driven series than a character driven yet it is not.

I don't find that as a compliment. It only tells me the series has been a snore-fest, only to give something "interesting" by a strange claim of set of power-ups. I see it more of "why" than impressed. Can I be wrong? Yes. If this arc happened after Hideout Raid Arc, I won't have doubts on Kohei's writing. After plenty of mishaps, including the future non-sense, I have so many reasonable doubts.

#3435 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Oh Ochako... We could've gotten another Sports Festival situation!!

Damn it Kohei you got my hopes up!!

Somehow I knew this arc was doomed when BlueStar said it could potentially be the new favorite... Man I look forward to the day we have to do a Podcast for this arc. Which willl probably be done by within the coming weeks. That's what it should be, but this pacing is god painful.  Some people have said binging it is probably better, and I've done that too it's slightly better, but it's not like Oh yeah perfect A+  

Like rank was as of right now this arc is just Ok+  which for me so far is the lowest that i've done for the arcs in the series. Now I start to worry immensely. 

Even the provisional exam was faster than this... 

before I hear it, yes I know Kohei has been going through health issues so I'm not faulting him, but it does suck. 

Kohei you said the next arc will be crazy, I really hope you stick by those guns for a second I thought you had it with Culture Festival & Pro Hero Arc, but then you bring it back to this... 

I know it sounds like I'm ranting, but it's just how I'm feeling about the series right now  I mean if you told me 5 years ago this would happen I'd been like you're crazy... 

Which hold on, didn't Kohei's first editor leave after the Hideout Raid Arc? 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3436 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

If you remember, Deku did his flick that ricochet and won. It's La Brava that basically gave him an extra round so to speak. I know not everything has to be life and death, but again, we are due for something new. The series has gotten too formulaic, so now it's time to freshen up a notch. Also, it hasn't been compelling since Hideout Raid Arc, which had a good amount of buildup to that moment. Here, it feels like couple of notes but not much to engage with the characters. It feels like a story driven series than a character driven yet it is not.

I don't find that as a compliment. It only tells me the series has been a snore-fest, only to give something "interesting" by a strange claim of set of power-ups. I see it more of "why" than impressed. Can I be wrong? Yes. If this arc happened after Hideout Raid Arc, I won't have doubts on Kohei's writing. After plenty of mishaps, including the future non-sense, I have so many reasonable doubts.

Yes, he won initially, but even that wasn't easy. The entire theme of the story is that nothing is ever or ever has been easy for Deku. In fact, one of the issues that I had with the series for a long while now is that knowing that nothing is ever easy for Deku, the author still insists moments away from Deku to prop up other side characters and diminish Deku, to the point that it just felt like piliing on. 

In regards to something new, this is something new. This is a new development with a quirk that he's barely been able to use properly, and now it's going to get even more difficult for him to use. Furthermore, what happens if he loses control of it during a fight with an enemy? I agree in part with the series being "formulaic" in a sense, in regards to how Deku has been handled. It's both a story driven series and a character driven series, in that it's Deku's story. This his story, more so than other series even, as Deku himself is the one telling this story.

It's not a power up, as he doesn't even have the ability to use any new powers yet. If anything, it's a set back at the moment, because he has no control over it, has no idea how to access it, and can put himself in significant danger with zero warning. It's exciting that now he can struggle with something that doesn't have a chance to get pulled away from him by another character. This is finally about him and it's an issue that only he can solve. So we might actually get to see him develop further, which I don't think will be dull like what we've gotten recently. This finally breaks that stagnant loop Deku was caught in, and should actually set up for a better story if it's written correctly. 

I just don't think that the potential for multiple quirks instantly means that he's op or is going to be op, nor do it think that it instantly signals that it will be boring w/ no tension and will be written terribly. It depends on how it's actually written.

Edited by AHK, 18 January 2019 - 08:41 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#3437 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

Hes going to be OP. The signs are all there. I get that OfA already grant him that but when you add in more, then why. As for signs, think about it.

Nomu 2.0 is happening and perhaps even more upgrade. It already caused enough problem for Endeavor, who is now number 1 hero. Yes, it does downplay other top 10 a lot but hey, writing. Thank God for Kimetsu.

High End can clone itself. That already sets up for weaklings, I mean Class 1-A, I mean weak heroes to fight against without worries to fight bosses. Not to mention, League of Lose Villains have those supplements to increase power, so more use of henchmen.

Shouto has a new power-up; one that overshadowed Endeavors flame when utilize right. He can, but needs work. That said he can do it and its only a matter of time that he will surpass him, the number one hero. Power level what?

Bakugou hasnt lost to my recollection, so hes already powerful. Enough said.

Dekus quirk reflects by his emotions. Expect power of love kitten inbound but hey, paring, am I right? But seriously, expect a lot of power scaling mishaps.

Deku can use 7 quirks now (OfA included). Funny how we are in a stalemate to believe all of his quirk will be either supportive or offensive. Like that wouldnt undermine anyone else. Right, Sero? One or two quirk with strong offense is enough to alarm the worst. Now that the five is just waiting to unlock, expect plot convenient that will make Yami Yugi believe its unfair.

We just have to wait and see, but know this. Next chapter is the closure to this arc that somehow made it worse than Internship Arc. Should we expect Deku squashing everyone? Well see. In the meantime, Im just wondering how many times Ochako has to be saved in a span of a chapter.

#3438 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

Hes going to be OP. The signs are all there. I get that OfA already grant him that but when you add in more, then why. As for signs, think about it.
Nomu 2.0 is happening and perhaps even more upgrade. It already caused enough problem for Endeavor, who is now number 1 hero. Yes, it does downplay other top 10 a lot but hey, writing. Thank God for Kimetsu.
High End can clone itself. That already sets up for weaklings, I mean Class 1-A, I mean weak heroes to fight against without worries to fight bosses. Not to mention, League of Lose Villains have those supplements to increase power, so more use of henchmen.
Shouto has a new power-up; one that overshadowed Endeavors flame when utilize right. He can, but needs work. That said he can do it and its only a matter of time that he will surpass him, the number one hero. Power level what?
Dekus quirk reflects by his emotions. Expect power of love kitten inbound but hey, paring, am I right? But seriously, expect a lot of power scaling mishaps.
Deku can use 7 quirks now (OfA included). Funny how we are in a stalemate to believe all of his quirk will be either supportive or offensive. Like that wouldnt undermine anyone else. Right, Sero? One or two quirk with strong offense is enough to alarm the worst. Now that the five is just waiting to unlock, expect plot convenient that will make Yami Yugi believe its unfair.
We just have to wait and see, but know this. Next chapter is the closure to this arc that somehow made it worse than Internship Arc. Should we expect Deku squashing everyone? Well see. In the meantime, Im just wondering how many times Ochako has to be saved in a span of a chapter.

Not sure if this is directed at me, but this addresses nothing that I said.

Regarding some of the stuff in the last paragraph, I think this development actually made the story much better than it has been. Also, that snide dig at Ochako is misplaced considering, you know, she’s the one that saved Deku to begin with and then got attacked by two enemies outside of the one she was actually confronting.

EXL5X4B.png

#3439 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

That is only your assumption that just because the characters are getting stronger that means the drama is thrown out the window already. Are you seeing over the top powers and abilities that would break the story just by existing? because I don't, and the sole exception, Eri, has been addressed, since she can't control her quirk.

plus you are thinking that just because characters increased their abilities that makes all fights pointless because they are pulling DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto levels of "cool just for the sake of being cool" powers when it hasn't even hit that level with most characters. It has shown no matter how strong they get there is a way to counter their powers so the drama and tension of the fights is still intact. In most cases anyway.

And Lastly you are only assuming the endgame of Deku being op when nothing of the sort has happened yet as he is still learning to control the super strength of OFA, the other quirks have not popped out yet. and the ONE TIME he did show his full potential with OFA's strength was with help from Eri and again, she can't do that at the moment at will. Not to mention when we reach that point who's to say there won't be villains that are at AFO's level or stronger. The shonen formula has always introduced new villains as bigger threats than the last, and yes it WILL most likely devolve to the point of being so ridiculous that it simplifies to having the most OP kitten come out on top (who has the biggest stick, so to speak), but we are not at that point yet. You are having those assumptions and feelings prematurely when we are not even there at this point in time nor do we know how it will be handled and written.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 January 2019 - 01:27 PM.

#3440 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

That is only your assumption that just because the characters are getting stronger that means the drama is thrown out the window already. Are you seeing over the top powers and abilities that would break the story just by existing? because I don't, and the sole exception, Eri, has been addressed, since she can't control her quirk.

plus you are thinking that just because characters increased their abilities that makes all fights pointless because they are pulling DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto levels of "cool just for the sake of being cool" powers when it hasn't even hit that level with most characters. It has shown no matter how strong they get there is a way to counter their powers so the drama and tension of the fights is still intact. In most cases anyway.

And Lastly you are only assuming the endgame of Deku being op when nothing of the sort has happened yet as he is still learning to control the super strength of OFA, the other quirks have not popped out yet. and the ONE TIME he did show his full potential with OFA's strength was with help from Eri and again, she can't do that at the moment at will. Not to mention when we reach that point who's to say there won't be villains that are at AFO's level or stronger. The shonen formula has always introduced new villains as bigger threats than the last, and yes it WILL most likely devolve to the point of being so ridiculous that it simplifies to having the most OP kitten come out on top (who has the biggest stick, so to speak), but we are not at that point yet. You are having those assumptions and feelings prematurely when we are not even there at this point in time nor do we know how it will be handled and written.  

Why do I have a bad feeling in the future, I will have a gif of a character leaning forward for an apology as the other character takes time to say, "I'm sorry." Seriously, while it is an assumption, it's not something to disregard.

The series has hardly keep up with everyone to be in the same wavelength. With all due respect, I believe we have officially hit the breaking point of the fanbase and where we may begin to split apart. I am hearing loud noises over 4chan and reddit. I remember thinking I was alone on the non-sense that happened with Overhaul and it turns out I wasn't. I did some digging and apparently a lot of people hated it. The one thing people took great advantage is "explanation." We get explained, but we shouldn't eat everything they give us, no matter if we like the series. It's like Pain's revival. We know he can do it and hell, we know he is capable to revive everyone. The question is, must we? For narrative sake, no. That's Eri. I can another 30 minutes why that arc harmed the series. Even the announcement for Season 4 got people only talking about the reactions of fans, more so than the content itself.

Optimistic or not, the writing in the past hasn't favored any character that isn't Shouto, Bakugou, or Deku. If they were, I would like to know when. School activities don't count. Because of experience, there's no way I would believe the students are up to the same wavelength. Even in this arc, barely anyone got developed. Do you honestly want me to remain hopeful? Do you believe everyone will remain hopeful? I know Naruto may have scarred everyone and while this series isn't there yet, it's garnering the elements that will be its downfall. I'm sorry for being part of the fanbase, because I can imagine people want me out for having an opinion outside of "praise the sun."

Once again, experience has led to this feeling. You may think Kohei's writing is top notch, I think it's mixed. If this revelation was to happen immediately after Hideout Raid Arc, I would have some confidence. Plus, it's earlier on before we establish the power gap is growing. However, after many hiccups and head scratching moments, I have the rights to feel worried and more. Plus, there's more takeaway from this chapter than future assumptions. Of course, future villains will always be stronger, but many of characters are being left behind already, development and action. I don't remember the last the class ever taken on a boss level character or even sub-boss. Can I be wrong? Yes. Can you be wrong? Yes. There's no denying that there's a lot to fear and understandably so. It's only matter if we feared nothing or scream for the doomsday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users