• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#41 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:01 AM

Indeed, SasuSaku's chance seems slim. The moments are rare, and well, the latest NaruSaku stuff makes the moments between Sasuke and Sakura seem blurry.

THat one night, where Sasuke leaves, is all there is to it I think.

Won't happen.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#42 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

Sasuke's more like a lost friend to Sakura now, and that crush was only a childhood crush. Naruto is head-over-heels with her, and stayed with her the longest.

Oh, and also, Sasuke repeatively opened attack on both of them. Doesn't scream love, does it?

#43 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Oct 6 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally don't hate any pairings per se however SasuSaku just doesn't sit well with me. It kind of irks me and I have tried to get used to this pairing. I tried to think of reasons why people would support this pairing, I went on NF or other forums to see what people see when they think Sasuke and Sakura should get together and it always makes me refusing their claims for some reason. I also tried reading fanfics but then same thing happened either I personally didn't agree with the authors reasoning or they changed the character of either Sasuke or Sakura so much that I had just stop reading after a while. It might be my bias for NaruSaku that stops me but I personally think that Naruto and Sakura both have something positive to offer, they don't hamper their personal growth or the other's when they are together and it seems that their talks, habits, attitudes its all natural, nothing too elaborate to please the other person. Also, it seems that both of them are comfortable under their own skin when they are in each other's company and sort of understand each other instinctively or at least starting to.

In the chapter when Naruto is in the kyuubified form and Sakura runs to stop him, her words at the moment are something along the lines of ....'Naruto! stop....you don't have to....I will save Sasuke for you.' It was something along those lines because when I read that line I kept of thinking Sakura's words at that moment seems like something she said in a hurry without thinking much about it, so does it mean she wants Sasuke back more for Naruto's sake than hers? Yes, the friendship sake and team sake thing is there but an important point during the equation might have changed. That sentence might show Sakura's change in feelings towards Sasuke.

Also, people say that Sakura saw Naruto's true form in the 'promise of a lifetime.' Her opinion of Naruto was slowly changing since the beginning of part 1 but I think what was actually a sure enough sign for Sakura to open her eyes was the part in the hospital room. When she saw Naruto on the hospital bed and realized how hurt he was, even then his words to her was that he was sorry.

He didn't say he tried but failed (that was a given).......however it truly hit Sakura was when he said he would keep his promise and how thats his way of the ninja. Thats when Sakura truly saw Naruto for the great person that he is.....and she realized how highly Naruto thinks of her. The time when she saw his injuries, she realized how important Naruto is in her life and thats where determination to become stronger and save both Sasuke and Naruto came.

Thats what I don't see in Sasusaku, sure the fan base might be there and all but it doesn't speak to me like a positive relationship. It doesn't show the kind of inspiration that Naruto and Sakura show for each other.

*Shiny-eyed* wow.png

You spoke absolutely everything that I also feel about the pairing of SasuSaku...and you did so well...you win at life ;_;

#44 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 18 2007, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Shiny-eyed* wow.png

You spoke absolutely everything that I also feel about the pairing of SasuSaku...and you did so well...you win at life ;_;

I second this motion.

#45 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

Let's just face the facts that SS has a slight chance of happening. Sasuke never made any attempts towards Sakura (he knew of her feelings of him at the time) despite reviving his clan was one of his other goals. FOR HIM TO DO THAT HE NEEDS A GIRL!!!!!!!

Although Sasuke did soften up to his team, it wasnt until Itachi return to remind him of his 'purpose' therefore failing to defeat Itachi and watching Naruto's growth over his own, he felt desperate for power. So much that runs to Orochimaru and nearly kills his former comrades (twice in Naruto's case). Even after defeating Oromichmaru, he didnt make any attempt to return to Konoha instead design his own team and sought for Itachi's blood.

The outcome of this that if Sasuke succeeds in killing Itachi, there'll be void of emptiness because he practically ruin his life for the sake of one man.

Sakura was young and most kids age 12 are very naive and dont what they want in life. Sakura didnt really have her reality until the chunin exams where she discover how weak she is, how dark Sasuke really is, and slowly starts acknowleding Naruto. That night of Sasuke's departure, Sakura tried to reason with him just to remain and Sasuke yet again rejects her love and calls her annoying then knocks her out cold after saying thank you and took off. Naruto made lifetime promise to her but return burially injuried. Sakura was actually willing to give up on him, it was Naruto who CONVINCE her otherwise. Not wanting him to go alone again she decides to join him.

Notice how in part 2, Sakura never discuss her feelings of Sasuke it was about the brother bond The Uchiha & Uzumaki share. There's a chance that her feelings for Sasuke has much lessen over the years. However when they encounter Sasuke again, the only reason we didnt get to see a Sasuke vs. Sakura because Yamato had gotten the way, had he not then there'll be much more we can discuss as where the two are in this point of time (especially Sakura).

The outcome when Sakura & Naruto fights Sasuke, the two may've to accept Sasuke's path and move on because they cannot force the guy to return. Even if he does nothing will ever be the same again (I think they even know that) also what makes them think that Sasuke wont betray them again.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#46 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Nicely put hopestar. XD

#47 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:20 AM

th_glomp.gif Thank you Wilson I do best! I just want people to understand the possible outcome and I hope Naruto & Sakura receive their realty check soon. If you ask me they should be more worry about the Akatsuki not chasing a lost comrade who has no way of return. sleep.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#48 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

Well, look at it this way. Itachi is part of Akatsuki, so if Sasuke KILLS Itachi, once again, the famed Uchiha is a hero and welcomed back to Konoha and SasuSaku possibility increases.

So really, it's complicated. too many things can happen, and too many things can go wrong. Hope for the best. That's all we can do.

#49 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 18 2007, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, SasuSaku's chance seems slim. The moments are rare, and well, the latest NaruSaku stuff makes the moments between Sasuke and Sakura seem blurry.

THat one night, where Sasuke leaves, is all there is to it I think.

Won't happen.

Won't happen indeed *Nods nods*
I hope...

Sakura doesn't even seem very focused of Sasuke anymore anyhow...or is that just my imagination playing tricks on me? In which case...HOW CRUEL!! haha

#50 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 27 2007, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, look at it this way. Itachi is part of Akatsuki, so if Sasuke KILLS Itachi, once again, the famed Uchiha is a hero and welcomed back to Konoha and SasuSaku possibility increases.

So really, it's complicated. too many things can happen, and too many things can go wrong. Hope for the best. That's all we can do.

Sasuke has turned mostly evil, I highly doubt they would allow him in by killing another evil person. He (nearly) killed Orochimaru.

What, no parade?

Orochimaru killed many ninja, and (half) caused the death of the Third Hokage. Killing him is no matter. Nearly killing Naruto is unforgiveable; also, we have to take in account IF Sasuke will kill Itachi, which is very blurry. Sasuke trained with Orochimaru for years, but Itachi beat him without a blink, it took Sasuke much longer. And Orochimaru was at his full level against Itachi, and he was at a weaker level against Sasuke.

#51 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Nov 30 2007, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke has turned mostly evil, I highly doubt they would allow him in by killing another evil person. He (nearly) killed Orochimaru.
What, no parade?

Orochimaru killed many ninja, and (half) caused the death of the Third Hokage. Killing him is no matter. Nearly killing Naruto is unforgiveable; also, we have to take in account IF Sasuke will kill Itachi, which is very blurry. Sasuke trained with Orochimaru for years, but Itachi beat him without a blink, it took Sasuke much longer. And Orochimaru was at his full level against Itachi, and he was at a weaker level against Sasuke.

See the sad thing is, if Naruto dies, only a few people might actually care. Others could possibly just celebrate. And really, Sasuke isn't really too evil. All he did was kill some Rock nins, who in fact, are enemies of Konoha, so no matter. Besides, he didn't attack any Konoha nins yet, with teh sole purpose of killing Itachi, who is a missing-nin of KONOHA.

So if you see it this way, it'll seem as though he's a GD guy. And taht's the way I expect Danzo and the others to explain it just so tehy get to breed the Sharingan.

SasuSaku has a slim chance. But i won't say it's becoz of bloodline breeding crap. If u put it that way, SasuHina has the same amount of chance. I base it on their old encounters, like i said, just that one significant one, that night.

Hopefully, it means nothing. BUT, SasuSaku can still happen, and saying Sasuke is evil ain't gonna cut it.

#52 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

I don't think Sakura was ever "in love" with Sasuke. Training for the Job makes an excellent case about her having an "ideal" of a guy who happened to be named Sasuke, and applying it to the real Sasuke, when he didn't fit the ideal at all.
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#53 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 28 2007, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No...That's bad news... :shamefulcry0js: But I doubt it. Even if Sasuke goes back to Konoha, he still betrayed his village.

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 30 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See the sad thing is, if Naruto dies, only a few people might actually care. Others could possibly just celebrate. And really, Sasuke isn't really too evil. All he did was kill some Rock nins, who in fact, are enemies of Konoha, so no matter. Besides, he didn't attack any Konoha nins yet, with teh sole purpose of killing Itachi, who is a missing-nin of KONOHA.

So if you see it this way, it'll seem as though he's a GD guy. And taht's the way I expect Danzo and the others to explain it just so tehy get to breed the Sharingan.

SasuSaku has a slim chance. But i won't say it's becoz of bloodline breeding crap. If u put it that way, SasuHina has the same amount of chance. I base it on their old encounters, like i said, just that one significant one, that night.

Hopefully, it means nothing. BUT, SasuSaku can still happen, and saying Sasuke is evil ain't gonna cut it.

Wait, doesn't attacking Naruto count? Yo know from the Valley of the End fight?

#54 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (whoamii @ Dec 1 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, doesn't attacking Naruto count? Yo know from the Valley of the End fight?

Naaah... nearly killing Naruto never counts.

sweatdrop.gif wink.gif

#55 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

I hate it, hate it with a passion.

uc.png

#56 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Dec 1 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naaah... nearly killing Naruto never counts.

sweatdrop.gif wink.gif

Awws...why's that? laugh.gif
Those words say a lot, Ed-kun. *Nods furiously*

#57 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (whoamii @ Dec 1 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awws...why's that? laugh.gif
Those words say a lot, Ed-kun. *Nods furiously*

I see we are at a conclusion: Me, Who, and Ed-kun think alike.

#58 LunarMoon

LunarMoon

Pokute Eater

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:53 AM

I can't say I really like SasuSaku... sweatdrop.gif I like it compared to some other pairings but I don't really want it to be cannon. I mainly can see them as friends, but not girlfriend and boyfriend. I think Sasuke leaving her really hurt her. Luckily she has friends and family to comfort her; and had two and a half years to realize how she really feels. I have a feeling that Sakura and Sasuke will meet, maybe then we'll find out if she still likes him.

#59 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Dec 2 2007, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see we are at a conclusion: Me, Who, and Ed-kun think alike.

biggrin.gif That's because we have great minds! You know, great minds think alike and the whole jazz.

#60 Manda

Manda

Miss LoveDoctor ❤

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Graphics, Anime &amp; Manga, Photoshop, H&amp;E, NF, Food, Ice Cream and my friends. &lt;333

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Kia @ Dec 1 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't say I really like SasuSaku... sweatdrop.gif I like it compared to some other pairings but I don't really want it to be cannon. I mainly can see them as friends, but not girlfriend and boyfriend. I think Sasuke leaving her really hurt her. Luckily she has friends and family to comfort her; and had two and a half years to realize how she really feels. I have a feeling that Sakura and Sasuke will meet, maybe then we'll find out if she still likes him.

I agree with you to some extent. I'm not that particularly fond of SasuSaku either, but I still do see it as a possibility in canon regardless, mainly if you look at it generally. For all we know Kishimoto might just have Sakura end up with Sasuke, or randomly slap Naruto with Hinata at the end (even though I don't personally want that to happen, but... well, yeah, I guess you see my point. sweatdrop.gif ). Anything is possible at this point really.

Even though I don't like it one bit, I still do see it very much as a possible pairing. It does have a base without a vast development, so in some ways it can work out (and who knows what might happen when Naruto and Sakura meet Sasuke again). Surprisingly, I can tolerate NaruHina much better than SasuSaku, because I think Hinata is very cute and has done nothing wrong, and I like the way Naruto inspires her to try her hardest (I don't like them together romantically though tongue.gif). And thats my take on it. happy.gif

Edited by Hiromi, 13 March 2008 - 01:55 AM.

Manda. → Dana
deviantartfanfictionlivejournalmyanimelistdomain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users