31579 replies to this topic

#29441 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:47 PM

The audacity of Americans to think Sakura cannot be liked anywhere else.

#29442 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:14 PM

Say a few years ago I think I saw a Christmas omake or a doujin of Kakashi instructing Naruto and Sakura to deliver presents to the kids of kohona and pretend that santa is delivering them, then having Naruto running away upset that Santa isn't real with kakashi then commenting how no one must of told Naruto the truth. Does anyone know where I might find this as I can't tell if it was a special omake chapter drawn by kishimoto or just a fan doujin? 

#29443 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 02:41 PM

It's not something new that Sakura is on the top spot. It has always been the case when the original manga runs in its past 15 years.

I always take character poll or survey with a grain of salt. Like any other polls and surveys out there, it's merely a sampling. It's *the only way* to get a proxy metrics of what readers want to see in the literature product, but it won't represent everyone's opinion.

Now, I'm not saying that sampling doesn't work. On the contrary, sampling works fine statistically speaking, so long as your sample set is good and unbiased.

Think of a doctor who diagnosed you with your blood sample. The doctor won't extract the entire blood out of your body to do the diagnostic so that he/she can treat you accurately. Extracting the whole blood will kill you instantly. But rather, they extract a tiny bit of your blood (or other means your body produces), run a few tests (mostly involving reagents) to verify their hypothesis, get the result of the tests and analyse/diagnose it with the objective of giving you the right treatments.

Character polls and surveys are trying to achieve the same objectives. It's the only means that authors would know how are their stories received and perceived. They need to listen to their customers/readers from time to time. It was done with a good intention in mind.

Assuming the information is correct, what's interesting in this poll is that Boruto the titular character, is not even in the top 10. Naruto is not in the top 5, and of course, Hinata is barely in the top 10 (after Kakashi and Sumire).

And these are supposedly coming from NH/SS fans or whoever is left in the series.

It's like Kishi and WSJ did whatever they could to make NH canon, making a 180 degree move in this ~USD 10 billion behemoth franchise, just to find out that NH fans are almost non-existent.

Wow.

Look at the polls folks. It's as if any remaining readers don't want to see Naruto and his family. lol.

NH are so insignificant that even NH offsprings, both Boruto and Himawari, are not popular in their own character polls. Even worse, it makes Naruto less popular than Inojin.

Imagine someone told you 6 years ago that Ino and Sai's son are going to be more popular than Naruto. How would you react back then? Yet, here we are.

I won't discuss Hinata, since she's always been that character that everyone thought super popular but in the actual fact she is not. I've said this before and I'll say this again: Hinata doesn't sell. She's not that popular. Period. People who thought otherwise are biased.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29444 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:05 PM

The audacity of Americans to think Sakura cannot be liked anywhere else.

Theres some of us in the US who like her. I know I do when she warmed up on me as I read the series

#29445 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

You guys need to put that into perspective. Yeah, there's that poll but what poll is made out of the people that remained after the series. So of course Sakura and Sasuke would end up being first.

This isn't the whole of the ex Naruto fandom voting. It's the ones that are left. The SS-ers and NH-ers. Mostly SS-ers.

Is it really a surprise to you?

I'd say think a bit in perspective before giving your stomachs unnecessary aches. :D

it's a shock that people support sasuke even after he left sakura for 11 years to be a single mother

#29446 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:38 PM

it's a shock that people support sasuke even after he left sakura for 11 years to be a single mother

that and I don't understand how people can support that SS/NH garbage anyways. You're basically forcing 3 of main characters into unhappiness by forcing them with characters they don't want to be with. They think they care so much for the characters but completely ignore their wants and needs.

Naruto loves and wants to be with Sakura-Chan, but he's forced to be with Hinata.

Sakura-Chan's heart is obviously gravitating towards Naruto, but she's forced to be with Sasuke. She wants true love, which Naruto will give to her, and Sasuke won't.

And we all know the story with Sasuke when it comes to Sakura-Chan. I don't even like Sasuke that much, but I feel bad for him as well.

All they care about is what Hinata wants, while completely ignoring what Naruto wants. They try to push Sakura-Chan with Sasuke just so in the end, ultimately Hinata gets what she wants. That's why I consider NH and SS fans to be one in the same. They don't have a problem with each other's pairing( I think), but they both HATE NS.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 07 December 2020 - 11:49 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29447 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:32 AM

I'm indifferent to SasuSaku. I like Sasuke, just not with Sakura. I only tolerate the pairing for Sakura and the moments I saw in Boruto was cute family moments.

One thing all of us predicted years ago when NH happened was that it would be a boring couple. Hinata is so boring that she made Naruto boring. Despite how toxic SasuSaku is, it's not THAT boring thanks to Sakura.mostly.

Edited by Luna, 08 December 2020 - 12:33 AM.

#29448 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:52 AM

I could never accept them, I can't tolerate them, I can't look at them... I just can't do it. Especially when I know whose arms she's truly supposed be in and where her heart truly lies. Same with Naruto. No matter how much they try to shoehorn and force those "nice moments" I refuse to accept it. I can't accept it. I swear to God that Kishimoto ain't fixing to see a lick of my money until he decides to come to his senses and fix this kitten. All three of these characters(Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura-Chan) including Hinata are where they don't belong.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 08 December 2020 - 01:01 AM.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#29449 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:03 AM

Despite how toxic SasuSaku is, it's not THAT boring thanks to Sakura.mostly.

What is NOT boring in SS? If what it was basicly fangirl Sakura jumping around Sasuke with a ._. face. But then in a 699 he poked her forehead and they had a child...

#29450 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:29 AM

yeah if i'm being honest the ship for sasuke sailed when he said "who cares" after hearing 3 of his classmates might have died to save him... and then there are the multiple times he would have killed sakura or destroyed the village or the whole world

#29451 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:37 AM

What is NOT boring in SS? If what it was basicly fangirl Sakura jumping around Sasuke with a ._. face. But then in a 699 he poked her forehead and they had a child...

In Boruto she's not so much of a fangirl (I mean she got the guy) I only said its not boring because the family moments mostly involve Sakura and that is my queen. LOL I have never watched a full episode of Boruto. I only see clips of it tbh.

Edited by Luna, 08 December 2020 - 02:37 AM.

#29452 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:57 AM

yeah. She only always comes to sadness whenever his name is mentioned or someone like Sarada calls her out on her so called relationship with Sasuke. Ask her to name one time she ever got intimate with the guy or one romantic moment between them and she will damn near break down in sadness by trying to answer the question, because she can't answer it. It pains me to see her always so sad and that's all being in a relationship with a guy who clearly doesn't love her will bring to her. Pain and sadness because she isn't getting what her heart desires from Sasuke. Every smile she does now is fake smile. She wanted a forehead kiss in Gaiden and Sasuke turned on his heels so fast Sarada's headband went inside out. And no matter how much moments they try to push as "happy" between them, I know it's all kitten and fake. Same goes for Naruto and Hinata. Because I know where Naruto and Sakura-Chan's heart truly lies and that's with each other. I don't read Boruto, I refuse to read that trash. But, I want to see her happy and get what her heart has been longing for, and Naruto's the man to give that to her. The man who's been dying to give that to her since diaper days. I need to see Naruto finally achieve his biggest dream in finally realizing that he's had the key to heart the whole time. The amount of happiness that I know he will feel when that finally happens will be unimaginable.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 08 December 2020 - 04:24 AM.

#29453 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:10 AM

It's not something new that Sakura is on the top spot. It has always been the case when the original manga runs in its past 15 years.

I always take character poll or survey with a grain of salt. Like any other polls and surveys out there, it's merely a sampling. It's *the only way* to get a proxy metrics of what readers want to see in the literature product, but it won't represent everyone's opinion.

Now, I'm not saying that sampling doesn't work. On the contrary, sampling works fine statistically speaking, so long as your sample set is good and unbiased.

Think of a doctor who diagnosed you with your blood sample. The doctor won't extract the entire blood out of your body to do the diagnostic so that he/she can treat you accurately. Extracting the whole blood will kill you instantly. But rather, they extract a tiny bit of your blood (or other means your body produces), run a few tests (mostly involving reagents) to verify their hypothesis, get the result of the tests and analyse/diagnose it with the objective of giving you the right treatments.

Character polls and surveys are trying to achieve the same objectives. It's the only means that authors would know how are their stories received and perceived. They need to listen to their customers/readers from time to time. It was done with a good intention in mind.

Assuming the information is correct, what's interesting in this poll is that Boruto the titular character, is not even in the top 10. Naruto is not in the top 5, and of course, Hinata is barely in the top 10 (after Kakashi and Sumire).

And these are supposedly coming from NH/SS fans or whoever is left in the series.

It's like Kishi and WSJ did whatever they could to make NH canon, making a 180 degree move in this ~USD 10 billion behemoth franchise, just to find out that NH fans are almost non-existent.

Wow.

Look at the polls folks. It's as if any remaining readers don't want to see Naruto and his family. lol.

NH are so insignificant that even NH offsprings, both Boruto and Himawari, are not popular in their own character polls. Even worse, it makes Naruto less popular than Inojin.

Imagine someone told you 6 years ago that Ino and Sai's son are going to be more popular than Naruto. How would you react back then? Yet, here we are.

I won't discuss Hinata, since she's always been that character that everyone thought super popular but in the actual fact she is not. I've said this before and I'll say this again: Hinata doesn't sell. She's not that popular. Period. People who thought otherwise are biased.

Polls in general. Granted this is just select this character instead of surveys.

I'm confused why he is popular? From what I saw of him he was a bland indifferent boy who didn't think much of Bolt...no wait that part explains it.

Salad has always been the most popular new kid since she has somewhat a different personality or at least one that stands out and has her own goals.

The Clone is still a clone of Hinata because SP wants her to be the love interest, but because she had to have focus on her she is more develop then Hinata ever was.

Cups (Sequel Sai) has been given a lot of focus in the anime since they don't have Nail (Sequel Sasuke) in the anime yet. And this has led to a large following of people wanting him to get together with either Bolt or Salad.

Shikamaru's son was Bolt best friend at the start of this show and he pretty much is just Shikamaru who you sympathize more with because Bolt is an awful friend.

Sasuke and Kakashi have always been popular, and Naruto both sucks as a father, as a hokage, and a friend. Remember the not telling Cups was Orochimaru's son to Konohamaru.

In Boruto she's not so much of a fangirl (I mean she got the guy) I only said its not boring because the family moments mostly involve Sakura and that is my queen. LOL I have never watched a full episode of Boruto. I only see clips of it tbh.

This is only from the first 25 episodes but in the anime they pretty much went with again she is the faithful devoted wife that will wait for him no matter what and for no matter how long because she loves him that much. They didn't really do anything with her since this was early Boruto and they wanted to glorify the nH family so she was barely a side character if they didn't do the gaiden arc.

Now from what I understand they have been doing some things with her recently apparently sparing with her daughter and other stuff.

#29454 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:15 AM

I mean, should we really be surprised? Sakura was always popular in Japan. As one of the core members of the story, she sold merch and was promoted above most of the other cast. And everyone knows she got a Montreal Screwjob at the end for Hinata's sake, doing promos for The Last that said she wasn't the heroine anymore. Promos that got fans very upset iirc.

They know she was betrayed by the staff, but they still want to support her. Especially considering her "replacement" has everything handed to her and is shilled like her name is Poochie.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#29455 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:33 AM

Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing well. Haven't been around here in a long while. I had a quick question that I was wondering if anyone had the answer to. I've accidentally fallen into a fanfic wormhole with this miserable series (even though I swore I'd never get back into it, a couple times a year I allow myself to see if there's any decent fics and scratch that what-couldn've-been itch), and I'm currently reading my way out of it. 

A while back, I was looking for a fic that has since been deleted (hoping to find it on the archives), and I was wondering if anyone knows it by the description? Pretty sure it's been mentioned on this site before. Essentially the plot is that Naruto and Sakura spend the night together after the war, and Sakura does something that's pretty taboo during, and it crushes Naruto. Sasuke ends up coming back to the village after Naruto had beaten him, and he and Sakura get together (I know, yuck). Naruto is depressed and distraught, and ends up joining the Anbu and given his team, and has a complete change in personality. Meanwhile Sakura realizes she was wrong and that she actually loved Naruto, Sasuke gets executed for something, and Sakura runs off to Tsunade and joins the Anbu, and was placed on Naruto's team in order to help save him. The last written chapter had ended with Naruto finding out that Sakura was on his team, that he had fallen in love with her again, and he was furious about it, and she chases him into a storm.

The whole thing was brutally dark and depressing, and really well written. I was trying to find it again to read it and download it, but unfortunately the author deleted it. Would anyone happen to remember the name of it? Appreciate the help, if so!

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#29456 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:17 AM

Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing well. Haven't been around here in a long while. I had a quick question that I was wondering if anyone had the answer to. I've accidentally fallen into a fanfic wormhole with this miserable series (even though I swore I'd never get back into it, a couple times a year I allow myself to see if there's any decent fics and scratch that what-couldn've-been itch), and I'm currently reading my way out of it. 

A while back, I was looking for a fic that has since been deleted (hoping to find it on the archives), and I was wondering if anyone knows it by the description? Pretty sure it's been mentioned on this site before. Essentially the plot is that Naruto and Sakura spend the night together after the war, and Sakura does something that's pretty taboo during, and it crushes Naruto. Sasuke ends up coming back to the village after Naruto had beaten him, and he and Sakura get together (I know, yuck). Naruto is depressed and distraught, and ends up joining the Anbu and given his team, and has a complete change in personality. Meanwhile Sakura realizes she was wrong and that she actually loved Naruto, Sasuke gets executed for something, and Sakura runs off to Tsunade and joins the Anbu, and was placed on Naruto's team in order to help save him. The last written chapter had ended with Naruto finding out that Sakura was on his team, that he had fallen in love with her again, and he was furious about it, and she chases him into a storm.

The whole thing was brutally dark and depressing, and really well written. I was trying to find it again to read it and download it, but unfortunately the author deleted it. Would anyone happen to remember the name of it? Appreciate the help, if so!

You probably mean this I think?

https://www.fanficti...0336/1/FOX-ANBU

I remember the fanfiction you mean but I'm not too sure if it is this.  I read that one YEARS ago and think it was unfinished. 

#29457 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:26 AM

I remember the fanfiction you mean but I'm not too sure if it is this.  I read that one YEARS ago and think it was unfinished.

no. It was something else. I know what story he is talking about, the name just isn’t coming to me. I’ll look and find it.

#29458 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:28 AM

Nah, that one wasn’t it. Sort of the same theme, though, so definitely on the right track! The one I’m talking about got taken deleted by the author, I believe, so I don’t think it has a link anymore. I can’t remember the author or the name of the story, but I remember so much of the actual plot. So frustrating. Lol

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#29459 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:32 AM

Nah, that one wasn’t it. Sort of the same theme, though, so definitely on the right track! The one I’m talking about got taken deleted by the author, I believe, so I don’t think it has a link anymore. I can’t remember the author or the name of the story, but I remember so much of the actual plot. So frustrating. Lol

In the story, did she basically disguise herself as someone else? Like she took on another identity in order to get close to Naruto in the ANBU? And basically had Naruto fall for her? Right?

#29460 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:36 AM

In the story, did she basically disguise herself as someone else? Like she took on another identity in order to get close to Naruto in the ANBU? And basically had Naruto fall for her? Right?

I think that is it tbh.

He might have to check on AO3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users