31579 replies to this topic

#29421 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:27 PM

I have to admit I'm surprised how many years sakura toped the searches, granted we don't know what was searched but I guess it shows she got a lot of attention. I do find it funny that it only took the end of this year for hinata to be searched more than sakura. I think your more likely to see Sakura in smutty art or lemon fan fics than 18 rated stuff. 

it's only the toxic naruto fans that hate sakura there are still people who prefer sakura and are sane... kishi might have been convinced she wasn't popular but i don't think that was actual fact

#29422 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:15 PM

it's only the toxic naruto fans that hate sakura there are still people who prefer sakura and are sane... kishi might have been convinced she wasn't popular but i don't think that was actual fact

I think that here too, was a case of loud minority vs silent majority.

Though granted she was really hated back in the day. However, from what I observed, The Last backfired at them and made people appreciate Sakura more than Hinata because even they saw what they tried to do with that abomination of a movie.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29423 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:32 PM

I think that here too, was a case of loud minority vs silent majority.

Though granted she was really hated back in the day. However, from what I observed, The Last backfired at them and made people appreciate Sakura more than Hinata because even they saw what they tried to do with that abomination of a movie.

yet people clamored Neji brought Naruto and Hina closer together.... ummm not according to canon!

because by canon timeline,  Hinata continued to remain the same when the war came to an end despite manga context showing her standing next to Naruto.  

and supposedly Naruto recognized his feelings for Hinata via genjutsu!!  I'm sorry what???   

Them: "Oh, but if it was NaruSaku would start praising the hell out of The Last..." 

Yeah no if NaruSaku happened the same way with Naruto getting the confidence to push himself to get with Sakura via genjutsu I'd still call out that bs because that's honestly the most stupidest way for a character to recognize he/she loves someone.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#29424 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:16 PM

yet people clamored Neji brought Naruto and Hina closer together.... ummm not according to canon!

because by canon timeline,  Hinata continued to remain the same when the war came to an end despite manga context showing her standing next to Naruto.  

and supposedly Naruto recognized his feelings for Hinata via genjutsu!!  I'm sorry what???   

Them: "Oh, but if it was NaruSaku would start praising the hell out of The Last..." 

Yeah no if NaruSaku happened the same way with Naruto getting the confidence to push himself to get with Sakura via genjutsu I'd still call out that bs because that's honestly the most stupidest way for a character to recognize he/she loves someone.  

Granted I do like the Alternative the last doujin that is currently being drawn, though granted it's being written not as guilt trip. 

#29425 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:30 PM

It is don't get me wrong, but we still could've had a much better story!  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#29426 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 11:33 PM

i'm sad i missed the premier of this amazing piece of history

Edited by totherpage95, 02 December 2020 - 11:34 PM.

#29427 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 11:48 PM

Long time no see everyone! :D Don't know when I'll be back. So I just wanted to post this video yt recommended me for some reason.

Even I was surprised by the numbers. But in a good way. :D And I love the comments. So much salt lmao. And their reasons to explain it are hilarious. memes, haters and hentai, sure like anyone would believe it. lmao

I especially love the buthurt Hinatards saying Sakura got those numbers because of hentai while Hinata is such a good character *rolls eyes*. Like anyone searched Sakura for those but not Hinata. The character who only got popular and pushed to ruin the story because of hentai.

Only a bad kitten could rule for so many years. You either hate her or love her. They cant stop google the queens name.

#29428 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 11:59 PM

I don't like Hinata and you would never catch me googling her name. As much as they hated her she was EMBEDDED in their minds while no one cared about Hinata. 

#29429 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 03 December 2020 - 12:45 AM

Lol I bet it is because they put in Hinatas name thinking she was part of Team 7.

But I think there are still some people that love the ending of Naruto. Mainly because Hinata got her happy ending.

No I meant NaruSaku fans who don't have an account on this site but can't log on, which think it's why we don't have many new users coming in these days as new users can't sign up due to error, partly because of that question turning into an error.

It is don't get me wrong, but we still could've had a much better story!  

I know, just that doujin is the best version of that story

#29430 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:17 AM

Maybe I would sound like a Hater, but it is not. Back when the paring war (one of the most toxic things I had ever seen in internet) was still on going tons of those search were things like "Why Sakura is so ugly" or something like that because if Sakura was the number one waifu I bet my life we should got Narusaku as the end game.

#29431 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:43 AM

Maybe I would sound like a Hater, but it is not. Back when the paring war (one of the most toxic things I had ever seen in internet) was still on going tons of those search were things like "Why Sakura is so ugly" or something like that because if Sakura was the number one waifu I bet my life we should got Narusaku as the end game.

maybe but why is tsunade above hinata too? is it just hentai searches? either way people were looking up characters that were in the manga more than hinata ever was

#29432 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 12:13 PM

I feel it's more complicated than that, but agreed. It is more along the lines, if you ask me, of anime is being more and more catered to otakus and thus enabling them to be those social shut-ins that have no experience with real life, and thus because Otakus are purchasing whatever the anime industry is making without question, it is feeding that vicious cycle of giving more and more otakus what they want. It is really about anime being more about sex appeal, fan service and wish fulfillment to sell more than it is about making it as art in of itself, and otakus keep buying it for lack of an actual social life. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 December 2020 - 07:06 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29433 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 11:37 PM

It doesn't matter if Sakura was really more popular than Hinata during Naruto's run. What matter is what the companies were perceiving to be the Western Market's desires, and to what they saw it was Hinata. Helped along by SP and Kishimoto's new otaku editors.

Also not help that hatred for Sakura was very vocal during Naruto's run. It doesn't mean that the majority hated her it just means the ones that had did so loudly.

I feel it's more complicated than that, but agreed. It is more along the lines, if you ask me, of anime is being more and more catered to otakus and thus enabling them to be those social shut-ins that have no experience with real life, and thus because Otakus are purchasing whatever the anime industry is making without question, it is feeding that vicious cycle of giving more and more otakus what they want. It is really about anime being more about sex appeal, fan service and wish fulfillment to sell more than it is about doing it as art in of itself, and otakus keep buying it for lack of an actual social life. Rinse and repeat.

Look at a lot of recent anime where it is because of the main character weird otaku obsession are their power, or that most new anime are based on light novels which the majority are boring plank of wood Japanese guy is sent to another world where he quickly just by existing conquers it and gains a harem.

#29434 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:30 AM

Yep, exactly. Hayao Miyazaki said it best: otaku's continue to f*** up this industry. :hm:

It's basically a formula for failure. Otaku don't make products for the general masses, they make products for otaku. They appeal to their niche, and that's what Hinata was. A niche. She didn't appeal to general audiences because stuff that caters to otaku tend to have that stigma. Like, some folks have to freaking realize that being an otaku isn't something you wear as a badge of honor in Japan. It's something you'll be ridiculed for, at best you can have some mild otaku inclinations and be safe. Hell, our weebs are horrifying to them from what I hear. We might see a lot of anime being produced now for otaku audiences, but they rarely ever make the kinds of money you get with a mass appeal show

When these guys came in and made the show cater to Hinata and her fanbase, that took away the mass market appeal. They sacrificed the story and the characters for this, and audiences reacted appropriately. SP and the editors, they were the ones who turned Naruto from a manga that was for general audiences to one whose audience was far more of a niche than they realized.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#29435 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 02:12 AM

zero two will probably win this poll but lets vote for sakura: https://www.youtube....g4u2Vpyl4AaABCQ

#29436 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:16 AM

zero two will probably win this poll but lets vote for sakura: https://www.youtube....g4u2Vpyl4AaABCQ

the hate for Sakura-Chan in the comments is disgusting. I mean, the only thing that will stop me from voting for her is the fact that she is with Sasuke At the moment. It would make me feel like Im condoning and cheering their relationship on. But, you know what... Ill choose her anyways because we all know who her heart truly lies with and because shes my girl😁😁😁

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 07 December 2020 - 03:17 AM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29437 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:09 AM

the hate for Sakura-Chan in the comments is disgusting. I mean, the only thing that will stop me from voting for her is the fact that she is with Sasuke At the moment. It would make me feel like Im condoning and cheering their relationship on. But, you know what... Ill choose her anyways because we all know who her heart truly lies with and because shes my girl

https://twitter.com/...4080384?lang=en
this turns my stomach

#29438 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:21 AM

welp... that ruined the next 2 plus years of my life. :sick:

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29439 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 08:04 AM

The top 10 Boruto characters in Japan are:

1. Sakura
2. Sasuke
3. Inojin (Ino/Sai's son)
4. Sarada (Salad)
5. Mitsuki (Cups)
6. Naruto
7. Kakashi
8. Sumire (The Hinata Clone)
9. Hinata
10. Shikadai (Shikamaru's Son)

I didn't look at the comments but here was the twitter posters comment to people complaining: "Sakura dominating the polls in every country but what’s new."

#29440 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:33 AM

You guys need to put that into perspective. Yeah, there's that poll but what poll is made out of the people that remained after the series. So of course Sakura and Sasuke would end up being first.

This isn't the whole of the ex Naruto fandom voting. It's the ones that are left. The SS-ers and NH-ers. Mostly SS-ers.

Is it really a surprise to you?

I'd say think a bit in perspective before giving your stomachs unnecessary aches. :D

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users