31562 replies to this topic

#29401 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 11:01 PM

Soo, has there always been this many people online (guests mostly)? I've noticed lately there's been a heavy increase in site traffic. Is it recent? I remember there being a time where it didn't go over 20/30 people, now the average is 190+.

Never knew that you can do so. I think it's probably just anecdotal. Not enough data to compare and conclude.

Most of us have moved on and only very very few occasionally visit, compared to pre November 2014 I suppose.

There's no other dedicated pairing website in Naruto fandom that has been established for more than 10 years. Only narusaku has that; which perhaps (anecdotally) serves as a-very-far-fetched-proxy indicator that this segment of the fans has always been the one niche group that truly support the series financially. lol. J/k.

Yet, I'm glad that most of our quasi predictions that we made years ago happened:

1) Back in 2014 right after the ending, we 'predicted' that Naruto franchise will decline, since it treated its loyal readers badly in the end and chose to entertain a tiny segment that contributes almost nothing to the franchise (looking at you NH/SS folks). 250 million copies total between 2000-2015, less than 1 million in 2019. A major downturn for a $10 billion worth franchise in which 80% of its gross revenue comes from manga. International manga *nett revenue* on aggregate basis contributes to less than 5% in the overall industry. When someone told you that international sales is better/worse, that 'better/worse' was baselined against the 5% of international market manga value ratio. You don't serve local Japanese readers, your product won't even live that long, don't even think about overseas market. Today Boruto manga sales per volume is not even 10% of what Naruto volume sales had in its heyday.

2) Back in 2014 right after the ending, we 'predicted' that Kishimoto will face challenges starting his new work, since he treated his loyal readers badly in the end. We knew since 2010-ish that Kishimoto was planning to work on something else. We didn't predict that his new work will be axed in 5 volumes (half of what he intended). But when it did happen, it comes as no surprise. We see it coming long before anyone else.

3) We 'predicted' that Kishimoto will 'return' to Naruto franchise, one way or another. Not something new in manga industry, especially the well-established franchise. Well, I called it out jokingly that it seems someone was fired. Truth is, when things went south, they need something to blame. It's human nature. People always try to find a black sheep when bad things happen. But the true reason has always been consistent when it comes to business: money. That's all there is. More sales, more money, more survivability. WSJ, like any other business, needed cash flow and capital fund to survive. It's the norm. When a writer didn't perform on a highly valuable franchise, he/she will be replaced. The rest of the news are just noise and drama. They'd probably do it to save their face or avoid criticism or whatever reasons they'd like to publicly announce. It doesn't change the fact: changing people that are in charge of your product is (and has always been) business decisions to make more profits.

There's nothing special about the predictions. It's all just common sense. You treat loyal readers badly, you'll loose your sales. You choose the loud minority that contribute so little, you'll be doomed to fail. We can make such quasi-prediction since it has happened before elsewhere.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29402 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:16 AM

If I brought Naruto, I would so redo all of part 2, maybe part 1 as well.

#29403 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:29 AM

Part 1 there would be some minor tweaks to the story like showcasing Sasuke saving Karin as like a little foreshadowing for the future.

I would definitely agree when it comes to Part 2. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#29404 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:37 AM

Part 1 or the first half of Part 2 isn't a problem for me, because the story in my opinion was consistent. Naruto and Sakura-Chan was getting closer by the chapter, Naruto was trying to get everything he had through hard work, etc.  But, when he started forcing all of those SS and NH scenes in the War Arc is when it became a problem for me. Also, when he started making Naruto an idiot who's whole mindset was Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke, to the point that he was COMPLETELY oblivious to all signs that the woman he loves was giving to him.. When even the one who claimed to like Sasuke was clearly only on the whole bring Sasuke back train because she wanted to make Naruto happy.

Some things that needs to be redone is:

1. Make it clear that Sakura-Chan's confession was real so no one could doubt it. He tried to undo it the very next chapter. Because a lot of people take the words "that's all" as a sign that she wasn't telling the truth, when in my opinion, her confession was definitely real.

2. War Arc needs to be redone with the exception of the Naruto/Sakura-Chan/Minato girlfriend scene. When speaking to his mother, Naruto should have Sakura-Chan in mind on autopilot. The forced SS scenes got to go. The War Arc should be(for the romantic aspect of things) where Sakura-Chan finally has them both around her with her growing feelings for Naruto and her little crush on Sasuke and she could finally figure out who she loves out of both of them. Sakura-Chan "confessing" to Sasuke has got to go. That whole time when Naruto and Sasuke went to fight could have at least been used for her own dream or something, where it could help her sort out her feelings.

3. The ending  Needs to end with Naruto and Sakura-Chan together, and Naruto being the Hokage in a respectful way.

4. The whole Naruto crying in the damn snow and groveling at another man's feet for Sasuke needs to go. Even to the point of passing out. Naruto would never beg. He would find a way to make it happen, and he wouldn't give up until he found that way.

5. Bench scene needs to be resolved.

6. He also wasted the whole Genjutsu dream thing. Sakura-Chan's dreams should have been included.

And a lot more. But overall, Part 1 and the first half of Part 2 was fine to me. Then Kishi was forced to start to backtrack. The Confession scene where directly after Sai said Naruto loves her and he said where Sakura-Chan was prioritizing him over Sasuke, and then the next chapter, Sai changed his tune to the whole "she's only doing it because she doesn't want Sasuke to sink any lower" kitten has to go.

Everything from 471 and on needs to be redone. Except for the smile she gave to Naruto after the whole thing between him and Sasuke and the girlfriend scene.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 30 November 2020 - 12:52 AM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29405 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

I  heard about the Naruto bit. I wish I could say  I feel bad. LOL

Don't worry, Luna, after the injustice done to our boy, there's no need to feel bad for him being killed.

#29406 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:04 AM

Soo, has there always been this many people online (guests mostly)? I've noticed lately there's been a heavy increase in site traffic. Is it recent? I remember there being a time where it didn't go over 20/30 people, now the average is 190+.

If very recent? Kishi came back and Naruto is about to die...in two to five months. That gonna make some people (re)interest in Naruto again and from what I understand this is one of few Naruto dedicated site/forum that haven't gone to the garbage in quality since the ending.

#29407 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:47 AM

If very recent? Kishi came back and Naruto is about to die...in two to five months. That gonna make some people (re)interest in Naruto again and from what I understand this is one of few Naruto dedicated site/forum that haven't gone to the garbage in quality since the ending.

Kinda funny since this site has become very anti naruto since the direction the series went since the ending, but hey guess it goes to shows how bad the ending has effected the fandom and it's fan sites when the one that has criticized the series since 2014 is considered one of the best.

Granted I have also noticed that some people have tried to join, but couldn't due to some error with the team 7 question in the sign up.

#29408 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:13 PM

Kinda funny since this site has become very anti naruto since the direction the series went since the ending, but hey guess it goes to shows how bad the ending has effected the fandom and it's fan sites when the one that has criticized the series since 2014 is considered one of the best.

Granted I have also noticed that some people have tried to join, but couldn't due to some error with the team 7 question in the sign up.

Lol I bet it is because they put in Hinatas name thinking she was part of Team 7.

But I think there are still some people that love the ending of Naruto. Mainly because Hinata got her happy ending.

#29409 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:09 PM

Although that number is decreasing from what I’m hearing.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29410 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:45 PM

Although that number is decreasing from what Im hearing.

How you still got people like Koshej and some others still love Hinata to death.

#29411 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:01 PM

How you still got people like Koshej and some others still love Hinata to death.

from what I see, the sheep, I mean the NH/SSers is finally realizing that NS is the best ending. The rest who dont realize it by now will see it eventually.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29412 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:47 PM

from what I see, the sheep, I mean the NH/SSers is finally realizing that NS is the best ending. The rest who dont realize it by now will see it eventually.

But is that a good thing they will then still blame us, but are you sure I stay away from that stuff.

#29413 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:19 PM

Same more so part 1 putting less time with Sasuke since he took so much time in part 1, also I'd have hinata be evil but be very subtle about it

#29414 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:21 PM

But is that a good thing they will then still blame us, but are you sure I stay away from that stuff.

To qotue George Carlin in a way
You got what you wanted you have no right to complain, you made it happen you are responsible for the end.the NH fans I mean

#29415 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:47 PM

Kinda funny since this site has become very anti-naruto since the direction the series went since the ending, but hey guess it goes to shows how bad the ending has effected the fandom and it's fan sites when the one that has criticized the series since 2014 is considered one of the best.

I doesn't matter if its anti-Naruto it matters that for the most part this is one of the few places that you can -in theory- discuss Naruto with out it being shut down. Though often this site fall back on, "why did the ending happened," and "what made hinata so popular," constantly.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 December 2020 - 10:48 PM.

#29416 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:38 PM

I doesn't matter if its anti-Naruto it matters that for the most part this is one of the few places that you can -in theory- discuss Naruto with out it being shut down. Though often this site fall back on, "why did the ending happened," and "what made hinata so popular," constantly.

Because that's the skewed logic of the ending with which we cannot come to terms with, I guess...

It was the biggest FU of the decade, if you ask me, in the industry.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29417 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:50 PM

That's true. This community allows you to speak up without being shut down. It's comforting to discuss with folks that put logic and common sense above all. If psychological safety is a thing in The Internet, this site is probably one of a few in this franchise.

I'd argue that we didn't really discuss what made Hinata popular, we actually brought proof how unpopular she is and how the character single handedly killed this $10 billion franchise. Lol.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29418 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 01:43 AM

OR thinking that she WAS popular because of LOUD OBNOXIOUS fans alone, is a logical fallacy. Hey, I'm just saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going by recent  sales of Boruto in general, I don't think that is enough :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 December 2020 - 09:10 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29419 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 02 December 2020 - 11:24 AM

Long time no see everyone! :D Don't know when I'll be back. So I just wanted to post this video yt recommended me for some reason.

Even I was surprised by the numbers. But in a good way. :D And I love the comments. So much salt lmao. And their reasons to explain it are hilarious. memes, haters and hentai, sure like anyone would believe it. lmao

I especially love the buthurt Hinatards saying Sakura got those numbers because of hentai while Hinata is such a good character *rolls eyes*. Like anyone searched Sakura for those but not Hinata. The character who only got popular and pushed to ruin the story because of hentai.

Yp330yZ.gif

#29420 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 December 2020 - 12:15 PM

Long time no see everyone! :D Don't know when I'll be back. So I just wanted to post this video yt recommended me for some reason.

Even I was surprised by the numbers. But in a good way. :D And I love the comments. So much salt lmao. And their reasons to explain it are hilarious. memes, haters and hentai, sure like anyone would believe it. lmao

I especially love the buthurt Hinatards saying Sakura got those numbers because of hentai while Hinata is such a good character *rolls eyes*. Like anyone searched Sakura for those but not Hinata. The character who only got popular and pushed to ruin the story because of hentai.

I have to admit I'm surprised how many years sakura toped the searches, granted we don't know what was searched but I guess it shows she got a lot of attention. I do find it funny that it only took the end of this year for hinata to be searched more than sakura. I think your more likely to see Sakura in smutty art or lemon fan fics than 18 rated stuff. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users