#1 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

It's obvious that Sasuke and Naruto are still stronger then Sakura. I honestly don't think she'll ever reach their level. But she said in part 1 she wants to catch up with them. Kishimoto has done alot to ruin Sakura's character (I still love her though). The least he could do is let her catch up. Do you think she might be at Sasuke and Naruto level in the new movie? I don't think she will, but I'm curious what you think.

#2 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

I want her to but I don't think Kishimoto will make it happen  :down:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#3 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

Obviously not. There's no realistic means for Sakura to catch even a glance of the same realm of power that Naruto and Sasuke have settled into. You could equip her with every power up that anyone has ever imagined her as having and someone would still find some fault to undermine her for. If the crux of the argument isn't based on skillset or modes then it'll become a feat waving contest where Naruto and Sasuke's many and varied actions are pitted against Sakura's that she has once every blue moon.

If you want an opinion of Sakura's power based on tier listings then I would rank the current Sakura as an A or A+ level shinobi. She's somewhere below Hebi Sasuke, but stronger than early Shippuden Naruto imo.

Edited by Atheck, 30 September 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#4 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:26 AM

She most probably won't. Because unfortunately Naruto and Sasuke rule the world, and Sakura silently follows them on facebook, instagram, and twitter.

But seriously though, Kishi just seems against the idea. Sakura however is all for that idea. If only -_-

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#5 NarutoFan0304

NarutoFan0304

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

Probably not. She's one of the stronger living characters in the series considering her regeneration and implications that she was stronger than Tsunade, but she's not from a special clan, she's not the daughter of some legendary ninja, and she's not the reincarnation of one of Hagaromo's sons nor was she given a massive power boost from him.
If anything that makes how strong she actually is more impressive, like Guy and Lee. She had to work for it.

#6 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

Equal to naruto? No never happen, even if she get mokuton she will never on par with naruto and therefor sasuke too.

#7 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

You do realize at this point even Base Naruto was holding his own against Juubidara right? 

Juubidara>>Juubito>>Madara>>>Five Kages>Sakura

eh10ut.jpg

#8 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

Nah theres no real reason for her to be on par with naruto and sasuke

#9 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

Shounen Jump heroines can never catch up with the heroes. 

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Kind of hard to keep up when the writer keep moving the finish line with free power-ups and asspull reincarnations. When you have characters gain powers all because they are the reincarnations of powerful shinobi, then she will never catch up.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Shounen Jump heroines can never catch up with the heroes. 

Not true.

Arale_Trans.png

Arale Norimaki from Dr. Slump (manga from Akira Toriyama published in Shonen Jump). Stronger character in the series.

madoka.jpg

Madoka Ayukawa from Kimagure Orange Road. She is also from Shonen Jump and she is also stronger thatn the wimpy main character.

I am not been capable to come up with more examples right now (although it does not mean there are not more examples). However it proves that it is not true that shonen jump heroines NEVER are stronger the heroes.

Anyway, in answer to the TC, I say not. The history is wrapping up, the difference is too big and there simply is not time to Sakura gain a big power-up in a believable way (and I do not think that Kishimoto is going to give her one through an ass-pull either).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#12 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

I don't believe it'll happen, and honestly, I don't want it to. 

At the beginning of the war arc I was pretty upset that Sakura's powers seemed so "low" compared to Naruto's and Sasuke's. Everybody was upgrading (even Ino-Shika-Cho) except for her. But now I'm pretty content at where's she's at. She unlocked one of the strongest crafts in the naruto universe, and she's fighting along side the two strongest ninjas in the universe. I don't think there's any need for her to power-up anymore because she's already proven herself (well, to non-Sakura haters).  

You don't have to be the strongest in order to be the most valuable in my eyes. And Sakura is a very valuable character. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#13 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

The only way this would happen is if Naruto and Sasuke were in a comma for ten years.

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

As to the OP's question:

As one professors at my bar preparation class once said:

"It's not no, it''s hell no."

#15 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

I think she'll merely surpass tsunade

but that doesn't mean catching the guys up

as for surpassing

She hasn't used Body pathway derangement yet

which is high level jutsu

but MAY BE she'll not use it in manga

#16 Zodd

Zodd

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Manga is almost over with.

If Sakura has not caught up by now she simply never will.

24zf3gz.gif

#17 Mokiepuppymaster

Mokiepuppymaster

That One Cliche

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Acting, Piano, Drawing, NaruSaku, SasuNaru, NaruGaa, ShikaIno, LeeTen, NejiHina, InoSaku, SakuHina. Anime: Deadman Wonderland, Sailor Moon, Paranoia Agent & One Piece.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

^ That's what I'm thinking.

Because in the manga...

Edited by Mokiepuppymaster, 08 October 2014 - 06:15 PM.

tumblr_nemz5jxVl41rsex83o9_500.gif

#18 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

You do realize at this point even Base Naruto was holding his own against Juubidara right? 

Juubidara>>Juubito>>Madara>>>Five Kages>Sakura

That wasn't Base Naruto, it was some kind of pseudo-combination form of SM and KCM without the chakra cloak. Not that it makes any difference, in light of the recent chapters. 

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you're trying to say with "Five Kages>Sakura"? Do you think that Sakura is on capable fighting terms with all 5 Kages simultaneously? 

#19 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

With only 4-5 chapters left? Definitely not.

It upsets me that Sakura's never going to get the chance to stand beside Naruto and Sasuke as an equal now that they've become so OP, even though she wanted to so badly. It's like, she tries so hard only to find out that they've moved a thousand steps ahead of her. She doesn't seem very content with that either, if her fragile confidence in her own abilities is anything to go by. More than anything, I wish Sakura had gotten more attention from Kishimoto than it has ended up being. She was pushed off to the side for so long and now it's just too late. Probably my biggest disappointment with this series. 

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 09 October 2014 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users