• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#1 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:38 AM

Everyone knows that besides to kill Itachi, Sasuke also wants to "restore" the clan. Most of believe that he means to make babies.

But what if he didn't mean that at all? What if he meant he would kill Itachi, which would restore his clan's honor? What if he wanted to restore only honor?

I saw this because Sasuke has shown no interest in the opposite sex. If he does want to restore his clan, wouldn't he attempt to be nicer to females, who will produce his babies? If Sasuke truely wanted to make babies, why hasn't he done anything about it? He has a friggin' fanclub! Did he just say that so everyone wouldn't think him gay?

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#2 2954

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:38 AM

agreed, tha's one thing i do hate about sasuke is that he has a gift and he isn't using it.(I think everybody knows what I mean by)

#3 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:05 AM

His sharingan? tongue.gif

So if this is proven true, would this be a another blow SasuSaku? (He doesn't want babies, there by killing any need for a romantic relationship between 'em)

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#4 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:17 AM

Let's be fair. Sure he had a large female following, but he was also twelve. This was probably a long term-goal, while killing Itachi was something to be done as soon as possible. The latter has always been the priority. His intention then was likely to kill Itachi and the revive the clan. He specifically says he wants to revive the clan, not restore its honor. Besides what honor would he restore? Itachi actions did not ruin its honor. Itachi wasn't nor was he perceived as acting on behalf of the clan. If there was any dishonor it was Itachi dishonor himself.

Second, the fact that he is twelve also means that he is unlikely to act on that now. Sure, it could be a chance to start a relationship that could turn into something later on, but that probably isn't how he sees it. At his age he certaintly wasn't planning on conceiving children right away so why pick right now? In reality, he probably hasn't even thought that far ahead. He just knows that is what he wants to do that some point. In addition, as I said, his intent was probably do that once he had already taken care of Itachi.

Moreover, they were a bunch of fangirls who obsessed over someone who they thought was good looking and cool. The didn't know or understand him. He had no respect for them and didn't want any of them. So why be nice to them? Sure he could have just picked one and tolerated it, but would want to start a family with someone you had no respect for? Among the female ninja's his age the only two that probably would have had a prayer (if they tried) were TenTen and Temari because they weren't part of the fanclub and took their roles as ninja's seriously.

In any case, this all changed when Itachi defeated him. His desire to kill Itachi went from being his primary goal to an all-encompasing and complete obsession. Now, nothing matters except for that. He willingness to let Orochimaru have his body if it means Itachi's death clearly indicates that he no longer cares about reviving his clan. If he does somehow manage to defeat Itachi without losing his body then he may once again focus on that.

#5 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

all encompassing Shriner. Good psot, though.

But yeah, pretty much. I agree with most fanfiction that place his mind-set as one that if he starts the clan back up, Itachi will just come back and kill them again.

Seriously, though, his need to kill Itachi is just the ghost of their father's approval and being in Itachi's shadow. Massive inferiority complex. His vengeance kick is foolish too. It's not vengeance. If he wanted true vengeance, then he wouldn't care how Itachi died, so long as he was able to help kill him. He'd want the finishing blow, but any blow struck nearing his death would be enough. No, it's obvious he wants to totally and absolutely dominate his older brother. So he can show not only his dead family, but himself, and the world, that Sasuke is better than Itachi.

It may not have been at first, but too much time to obsess has appeared to make it so. Not knocking Sasuke, all of the daddy issues came back to back with the assassination. He needed a shrink so long ago. He needs one now. With all the wonders of ninja society, there's no psychiatry? That's why I like the Demon Within, that one fic we have in the library. It makes SENSE that ninjas would visit psychs or some form of counselors. Naruto might be more level if he'd had some help, Sasuke wouldn't have been a total freak if he'd had one. WHo knows what Orochi might have been like.

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the compliment. God, I need to proof read my posts better. I had no idea what you meant until I looked at it again.

And I agree that the his desire to avenge his family is more of a pretext that masks his own personal motives. He doesn't want to kill Itachi for their sakes, but for his own.

EDIT: However, I think even if he didn't think Itachi would do that, his desire to revive the clan is still his secondary concern and not even a concern after he loses to Itachi.

#7 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

True. I think I threw that in simply as my more fanciful thought behind the whole clan revival thing. It does also kind of put more emphasis on Sasuke the scared little boy, not Sasuke the starved for attention from daddy little boy.

But yes, you're right, clearly in his every action/comment/concern revival of his clan is secondary. and with the possiblity of giving up his body, non-existent. After all, Orochimaru is just about as uninterested in children as Sasuke is, put them together, and you'll have ... still no interest in children. If Kishimoto gives this a darker flavor, Orochi might, once he has Sasuke's body, rape some kunoichi with desirable traits and have her basically raise Uchihas for him to take over. That way he'll always have the Uchiha Sharingan.

Assuming he's planning that far. Which he doesn't appear to. In my opinion. Such as it is.

#8 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:06 AM

On Orochimaru, I think your right, he simply seeks the at Sharingan this point. I don't think he thought much beyond that. Besides, given the target audience, I'm don't think Kishi will go that far, but it is a very interesting point that could be rather complicated. A really nice idea for fanfiction.

#9 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Oct 3 2006, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's be fair. Sure he had a large female following, but he was also twelve. This was probably a long term-goal, while killing Itachi was something to be done as soon as possible. The latter has always been the priority. His intention then was likely to kill Itachi and the revive the clan. He specifically says he wants to revive the clan, not restore its honor. Besides what honor would he restore? Itachi actions did not ruin its honor. Itachi wasn't nor was he perceived as acting on behalf of the clan. If there was any dishonor it was Itachi dishonor himself.

Second, the fact that he is twelve also means that he is unlikely to act on that now. Sure, it could be a chance to start a relationship that could turn into something later on, but that probably isn't how he sees it. At his age he certaintly wasn't planning on conceiving children right away so why pick right now? In reality, he probably hasn't even thought that far ahead. He just knows that is what he wants to do that some point. In addition, as I said, his intent was probably do that once he had already taken care of Itachi.

Moreover, they were a bunch of fangirls who obsessed over someone who they thought was good looking and cool. The didn't know or understand him. He had no respect for them and didn't want any of them. So why be nice to them? Sure he could have just picked one and tolerated it, but would want to start a family with someone you had no respect for? Among the female ninja's his age the only two that probably would have had a prayer (if they tried) were TenTen and Temari because they weren't part of the fanclub and took their roles as ninja's seriously.

In any case, this all changed when Itachi defeated him. His desire to kill Itachi went from being his primary goal to an all-encompasing and complete obsession. Now, nothing matters except for that. He willingness to let Orochimaru have his body if it means Itachi's death clearly indicates that he no longer cares about reviving his clan. If he does somehow manage to defeat Itachi without losing his body then he may once again focus on that.

Ok, so maybe not honor.........maybe integrity? They were all pwned by Itachi, a 13 yr old. A prodigy yes, but still, against a clan of genuises, he probably would have been killed off. Or weakened heavily. So it would be plausible that people would think the Uchihas were weak. What I'm getting at is Sasuke never intended to actually have any kids at all. He wanted to restore the clan. So what if he meant something else?

#10 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (gamerman_007 @ Oct 3 2006, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so maybe not honor.........maybe integrity? They were all pwned by Itachi, a 13 yr old. A prodigy yes, but still, against a clan of genuises, he probably would have been killed off. Or weakened heavily. So it would be plausible that people would think the Uchihas were weak. What I'm getting at is Sasuke never intended to actually have any kids at all. He wanted to restore the clan. So what if he meant something else?

If you mean Edo Tensei / Worldly Resurrection, I'd probably have to agree with you. Had Sasuke heard of this technique a sometime after his clan was killed, it would probably be a driving force for him to actually try to find means to resurrect his clan, rather then restart it.

Then he could go join the ninja academy where everyone tries to beat into his head that forbidden techniques are aptly named for a reason and that he'll go travelling to find out how to make it... equal exchange stuff happens.

...sounds like a pretty good fic idea actually.
I'd give it a go, but I don't think my writing ability will be able to make Sasuke a plausibly nicer bloke.

#11 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

I think any thoughts of clan revival have been tossed out the window following Sasuke's mindrape. Now Sasuke destroying Itachi is the only goal, only objective, only thing that matters, even at the cost of his own life, not to mention anyone else's. Reviving his clan was an abstract and secondary goal to begin with. When he told Kakashi that, I doubt he really cared about it at that point either.

And I love the FMA reference, Vespar, lol

#12 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

Gamerman, I understand what you're asking, but I don't think its what the character was refering to. Sasuke doesn't seem like the person to try to mince words. So, I believe he was simply saying he wanted to rebuild as in restart his clan.

And to be honest, I don't see how the Uchiha clan could have lost its honor from Itachi's actions. If anyone lost any honor I'd say it would be Sasuke for failure to act to kill Itachi, but the kid was like 4 or 5 at the time so I don't really hold him to it. But, I don't see the Uchiha clan losing honor from that.

Now, Sasuke's actions, as the last noble heir to Konoha, I can see his actions as disrespectful to his family's name because, he basically turned his back on the Village his Family sworn to protect for several generations. And being the last member of the family to be held in Konoha, it was his duty to remain and aid Konoha. Now I'd say the Uchiha's clan lost some honor.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#13 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:54 AM

Well I did read a fanifiction a long time ago that was about how Sasuke finally killed Itachi and married Sakura to have babies. Then he attemped to defect again because he didn't want to 'play house' with her anymore. Then Sasuke and Naruto fought... again and Naruto killed him. Sakura went all em0 and killed herself. It was odd, but at the time, I thought it was the sweetest thing. If I could travel back in time to beat myself up, I would.

The aforementioned reason is one of the last resorts of the SasuSaku shippers at least the ones that I know. I'm personally glad that it's dying. I'm so sick of going to anime-cons, cosplaying as Sakura (Part 2!), and having all these Sasuke dudes ask if I'd like the honor of taking a pic with them. (Yes this did happen... dry.gif )
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#14 SilverLily

SilverLily

ANBU Wannabe

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Art, drawing, writing, reading, sleeping, cooking, Naruto, eating.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

I'll have to agree on the fact that Sasuke lost any idea of clan revival after he was mind raped. Now, his only intent is to kill Itachi at all costs. I believe that he was sure that he could kill Itachi and come out alive, but with his new way of reaching ultimate strength, it seems he realizes that he can't do it on his own. He has to give up his own life and mind in order to gain the power from another person. Perhaps he gave up on himself, so now he's just sacrificed himself for a 'greater cause.' If he can't be the strongest, like Itachi, then there is no point in living, because there is always going to be someone stronger than him that can take away everything that he cares about again. Thus, remove the greatest evil (Itachi) die doing it, then rest in the after life.
I don't know really....just speculation.

#15 jadenik

jadenik

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

Currently he seems to show no interest in the other goal, he even he'd die to achieve the other goal.

#16 SilverLily

SilverLily

ANBU Wannabe

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Art, drawing, writing, reading, sleeping, cooking, Naruto, eating.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:27 PM

Agreed.

#17 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

Yeah. Seems Sasuke's desire for revenge is the one thing consuming him at the moment, due to his own inability to cope with failure and the fact that he should have kept working hard to be strong, instead of taking a shortcut. Naruto had to learn that lesson thanks to Yamato (or Tenzou), but it seems Sasuke hasn't learned that lesson and I doubt he will.

After all he's been through so far, his inability to beat Gaara in the forest (even if he forgot he was weakened from their fight in the colosseum), his inability to kill Itachi (he should have known he wouldn't be strong enough to kill him then and there, but he got impatient after seeing him for the first time in 5 years), as well as Sakon and Ukon giving him a massive beatdown (he wasn't in the right mindset either at that time) and seeing just how strong the Rasengan was when he tried to kill Naruto just made him snap, and also, the Curse Mark made things worse since it fed off of his negativity and made it stronger, even if it is also due largely in my opinion to Sasuke's fears.
Basically, we can say Sasuke's other goal of reviving the Uchiha Clan is out of his mind right now, guys, since all he cares about is revenge, even to the point he'll become Oriochimaru's vessel to achieve it, and in the end, all Sasuke will be doing is hurting himself, his honor, his family's perhaps since he says he's doing it for them, but in reality, he's doing it for himself, and those who truly care about him.

Bryon

#18 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:06 PM

well
i think to sasuke, the only way of restoring his family's honor is to avenge their murder
i think that when he said he wanted to restore his clan, he meant taking revenge on itachi and in a way, restoring the uchiha pride
either way, i think he's heading towards certain doom

#19 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

All this restoring honor stuff is just speculation. In the case of what Sasuke said about rebuilding the clan, I really do think he meant to make babies happy.gif.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:39 PM

I think when during the Chuunin Exams Orochimaru implanted Sasuke with the Cursed Seal lead him to inevitable doom. But with everyone's opinions, I all agree with them.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users