Close
Photo

How many more chapters do you expect?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How many chapters are still to come? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

How many more chapters do you think there are gonna be till the end of the series?

1. less than 50 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 50+ (10 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. 60+ (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. 70+ (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

5. 80+ (5 votes [10.00%])

6. 90+ (5 votes [10.00%])

7. 100+ (21 votes [42.00%])

Percentage of vote: 42.00%

Vote

#1 rastaman

rastaman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

I'd say there's gonna be about another 60-70 chapters at most. Anything more seems kinda unrealistic to me since there shouldn't be any training or something anymore. Of course there's gonna be more flashbacks but except for the revelation of Madara's identity or the whole thing with Senju and Rikudo Sennin there shouldn't me many more. Lots of people say there are still too many unresolved things.
My main argument is Madara's power. He IS in a hurry right now and I doubt he's gonna shilly-shally some more.
Even if there are lots of Edo Tensei zombies lurking around etc. there are still the Kages. They could just take care of Kabuto and his Edo Tensei. Also, Madara is quite intriguing so he could just betray Kabuto or vice versa. In my opinion every coming intrigue is just gonna hasten the plot.
What do you think?

Edited by rastaman, 09 June 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

More than a 100 ^^ i think that Kishi can pull it off with a 100 chapters.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

376 more chapters.

#4 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

About 100 or so, I think. It'd be enough to finish off the series and answer all the questions we still need answered, and I just don't think there's much reason to keep going after the war is over. There just doesn't seem to be any real point to it.

#5 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jun 9 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About 100 or so, I think. It'd be enough to finish off the series and answer all the questions we still need answered, and I just don't think there's much reason to keep going after the war is over. There just doesn't seem to be any real point to it.

Sasuke will run away from the "final duel" and Naruto will have to go chasing after him again. It has been foretold.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 09 June 2011 - 10:47 PM.

#6 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Agreed 100+ chapter's seems like its the only logical stand point. if that makes since.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#7 rastaman

rastaman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jun 10 2011, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed 100+ chapter's seems like its the only logical stand point. if that makes since.

I don't like the idea of another 100+ chapters. If Naruto ends with 650 chapters then the last 100 chapters will make up 15% of the whole plot. Considering Konoha's huge casualties and the initiation of the last phase of Madara's phase this would be ridiculous.
I just hope it's gonna become an all-out war soon.

#8 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

At least 100. There's lose ends to tie up, and those will depend on how many panels those take, plus drawing satisfying fights. From what I see, Kishimoto has a clear idea of where his story is headed, but at this point he wants to take as little shortcuts as possible while at the same time making sure everything we see is not drawn out for too long.

#9 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

Honestly, I might have bought under a hundred not that long ago, but with all of the 'new' background material that has been released in various flashbacks throughout the battles, and all the new characters, it feels like the foundation for a whole new storyline is being constructed. I wouldn't be surprised if the current arc could be wrapped up in 50-60 chapters, but I think there'll be a whole other story arc coming after that.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#10 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

Omg :O it's Desaix. Dude you're like a celebrity to me, with your epic NaruSaku fanfic xD.

Anyways, yeah. I can see the arc being finished within like 40 chapters, and then another arc coming up, because there's still a lot of issues that need to be resolved and to have them done in a quality way would best be put into a different arc other than this war one.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

I waver between thinking it might be done by the end of this year and thinking we could have maybe around 70 more chapters. I think if he gets Naruto and Sakura together during or right after the war arc it could go on around 70 more chapters, if they don't Kishimoto will probably head right into the final battle with Sasuke arc and not get Naruto and Sakura together until right before the end of the manga. With the all the paralleling Minato and Kushina to Naruto and Sakura and the hints about someone of the Konoha 11 doing a young marriage and family I'm kind of thinking he'll get Naruto and Sakura together soon, then slowly develop the final Sasuke vs. Naruto storyline as the external threat, like the Uchihas were to Minato and Kushina. (While he wraps up other story threads, and begins to play out Naruto as the revolutionary changer of the ninja world prophecy.)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, photography, computers, games...

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hm i think this war arc could last for 2 more years, heck it started around September 2010 and it was day one of the war, not to mention that everybody will have all their fights and flashbacks. Also remember how Madara will win this war and Naruto and the rest who survived will become some kind of resistance movement, so after that 1 year minimum resisting madara, then half year kabuto and sasuke fights, and half of the year madara fight. Kishimoto is throwing genjutsu on all us so that we think we are still in the first part of the manga and he isnt even using the moon, and we thought madara was the final boss smile.gif

#13 Yuna

Yuna

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

Kubo still has to resolve a lot of things + let's not forget about his love for flashbacks from the past, so I think we're still to see 80+ or so chapters.

#14 rastaman

rastaman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

Has anyone thought of the other half of the Kyuubi chakra escaping the netherworld or something? I mean Naruto will probably need even more strength so if the Kyuubi tried to get his chakra back to help Naruto then maybe Minato could be resurrected too. Kabuto could help resurrect him to fight Madara.

Anyway, what 'loose ends' are there exactly? There's the main characters' pasts which have been ALMOST completely revealed already. It's all about Madara/Senju (sticking to that tree)/Rikudo Sennin etc. which is still to be revealed. But all of them are strongly connected so it wouldn't take that many chapters to clarify their background. Madara is probably gonna do so pretty soon and those kinda flashbacks/background information are mostly revealed in the centre of the final battle.
Kabuto IS interested in the origin of Ninjutsu so he is another suitable candidate for explaining everything that still suggests confusion to the reader.

Edited by rastaman, 10 June 2011 - 10:19 AM.

#15 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Depending on what Kishimoto has in mind, I think it can last over fifty chapter more.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#16 KoolKat

KoolKat

Feisty <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

I think about 100 or more. because we still have to take care of tsunade and raikage then im sure more things will come in narutos way. i dont think its going to take to long though. i have a feeling that its going to end soon. i also have a feeling we are close to narusaku kiss (hopefully im right!)

#17 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

I voted for 50+ - because it will be at least 50 chapters, but it will depend on whether he wants to do another story arc or not for much beyond that.

I am inclined to see this as the final grand hurrah of the manga, the climax, since every single character that has died/been defeated has some back in some shape or form (mostly zombie.) Naruto has already conquered his inner demons (literally) and finally has the emotional maturity necessary to take his place as the real hero. There's honestly not much character growth left for Naruto alone; any further growth will be his interpersonal relationship with Sasuke and/or (hopefully) Sakura.

However, if Sasuke escapes this war and becomes the Final Mega Boss (a role currently occupied by Madara) instead of the Familiar Boss (forgive the RPG terms here), then I can easily see another 150 chapters. Urgh. But for now, the goal is saving Sasuke, and Madara is merely an obstacle to achieving that goal.

A lot of factors go into this besides the storytelling. Kishomoto may be forced into an additional arc by Shounen Jump due to the series popularity, or he can double down if he has a new idea for a new manga. Rumiko Takahashi put her foot down and finished Ranma 1/2 because she came up with the idea for Inuyasha, and Shounen Sunday finally caved and let her end it (and then take a much needed six month planning break.) I don't think they regret that decision now. happy.gif

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#18 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

well at this speed...i say plus 100 if kishi wants to make sure everyone gets a small chance to shine. not to mention each main characters has to be able to fight...that'll be a good number of chapters....

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#19 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

...over 9,000 fu.png

Lol, jk I be trolling. I say 100+ fu.png
OTP and my Bby

#20 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 10 2011, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the all the paralleling Minato and Kushina to Naruto and Sakura and the hints about someone of the Konoha 11 doing a young marriage and family I'm kind of thinking he'll get Naruto and Sakura together soon, then slowly develop the final Sasuke vs. Naruto storyline as the external threat, like the Uchihas were to Minato and Kushina.

What hints about someone of the Konoha 11 doing a young marriage and family???? o.o

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users