#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

W_%28%EB%8D%94%EB%B8%94%EC%9C%A0%29_-_po

Cardiothoracic surgeon Oh Yeon joo's (Han Hyo-joo) father mysteriously goes missing while writing the last chapter of his webtoon "W". Yeon joo goes to his office and is shocked to see a scene of the dying Kang Chul (Lee Jong-suk), the main character of W, on her father's computer. While reading a note left behind by her father, a hand from the monitor pulled her in and she finds herself on the rooftop of a building next to a bleeding man. She manages to save him and realizes that the person she saved was Kang Chul. Yeon joo later discovers that she can only leave the webtoon based on Kang Chul's change in feelings. When that happens, the words 'to be continued' will appear and she will teleport back to the real world.

I recently watched this drama and the similarities to Naruto SHOOK me.

The Romance.

Kang Chul -Main Character in the W World(manga)

Yoon So Hee - Female Lead and Kang Chul's best friend in the W World(manga)

Oh Yeon-Joo - Female Lead in the real world(side character in W World)

So basically Kang Chul and Yoon So Hee were suppose to get together but circumstances brought Yeon-Joo to the W world and her interactions with the main character were what I would say impactful. Everytime she go to the world her and Kang Chul's interactions made them fall for each other.

However, what was most interesting was the commentary. Every time Yeon-Joo go to the world the manga drew itself so basically without knowing at first she was part of the manga in the real world and people were shocked at the change in plot from action/crime to full blown romance novel. Everytime Yeon-Joo go backs to the real world you get certain comments from characters.

In this case you can easily say:

Kang Chul - Naruto

Yoon So-Hee - Sakura

Oh Yeon-Joo - Hinata

But in actuality it's

Yoon So-Hee-Hinata

Oh Yeon-Joo - Sakura

99% of the males in the show and most females loved Yoon So-Hee because she was pretty, had big breasts and she obviously had a crush on Kang Chul(which HE knew but never acted on it).

However, Yeon-Joo was hated  every time she appeared in the manga the Yeon-Joo's co-worker who read the manga made comment about him hating Yeon-Joo in the manga and that Kang-Chul should end up with his best friend and the girl who always had a crush on him.

Yeon-Joo replied and said that why couldn't her character end up with Kang-Chu and that he never responded to Yoon So-Hee's crush so he shouldn't be together with her. (note that none of the people in the real world knows she's experiencing the manga when she goes into it. They assume its her father drawing all of it) and he said that So-Hee looked better and had bigger breasts. Yeon-Joo didn't have large breasts at all.

The commentaries on the manga were interesting and of course Yeon-Joo ended up with Kang-Chul but the similarities were soo eerie I had to post it. The show is really good and you should give it a try.

Edited by Luna, 01 November 2017 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Here is the SAD SAD TRUTH, you notice how MANY fictional romances are similar to NaruSaku? it is because it is romances like these that WORK in fiction. But NS was ditched at the last minute for Otaku WISH FULFILLMENT

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 November 2017 - 05:18 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

I haven't seen this show. :o Wasn't enough action for me. But if it's like NS maybe I should give it a chance. The chemistry between the characters, is that similar as well?

ナルサク

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:57 AM

Wow, that is almost poking at NaruSaku vs NaruHina romance pairings. Most likely a coincidence, but probably not based on the fan reactions to characters. And again, the story pokes fun at something else....the guys kind of has no say in who he should love. All the fans keep saying he should be with Yoon So-Hee (Hinata) based on that SHE loves him and that SHE was the first to have a crush on him. Not whether they were good as a couple or if he actually sees her in that way.

Quite an interesting story and shows how favoritism can get out of hand.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:26 AM

Wow, that is almost poking at NaruSaku vs NaruHina romance pairings. Most likely a coincidence, but probably not based on the fan reactions to characters. And again, the story pokes fun at something else....the guys kind of has no say in who he should love. All the fans keep saying he should be with Yoon So-Hee (Hinata) based on that SHE loves him and that SHE was the first to have a crush on him. Not whether they were good as a couple or if he actually sees her in that way.

Quite an interesting story and shows how favoritism can get out of hand.

If you want to be technical he is falling in love with main girl in the story which is the one people hate, and is not interested in story girl which everyone likes. So he has already made his choice of who he wants to end up with.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 November 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:30 AM

If you want to be technical he is falling in love with main girl in the story which is the one people hate, and is not interested in story girl which everyone likes. So he has already made his choice of who he want to end up with.

Well, yeah, but just like the Naruto fandom...they ignored how he felt regardless of what he felt. It was all about the big titied girl who was a moe that had a crush on him.

I know it is cliche at times, but if you're going to have a main character have a love interest, the story should center around who he loves and not who loves him. You can have him change his opinion in story if you write it well enough, but to expect the mian character to love another character simply because "she is the popular one" is just downright disgusting. Imagine if we tried doing this in real life.

It so reminds me of "She's out of my league" only the main characters gets back with his ex who treats him like crap out of jealousy.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:17 AM

Well, yeah, but just like the Naruto fandom...they ignored how he felt regardless of what he felt. It was all about the big titied girl who was a moe that had a crush on him.

I know it is cliche at times, but if you're going to have a main character have a love interest, the story should center around who he loves and not who loves him. You can have him change his opinion in story if you write it well enough, but to expect the mian character to love another character simply because "she is the popular one" is just downright disgusting. Imagine if we tried doing this in real life.

It so reminds me of "She's out of my league" only the main characters gets back with his ex who treats him like crap out of jealousy.

I know what you mean, James. It's kinda sad how that seems to happen sometimes, but sometimes doing the big-boobed girl who is a moe and has a crush on the protagonist can be done better, since Orihime in Bleach is an example, given she didn't just emphasize on her feelings for Ichigo, and in turn, we saw Ichigo falling for her in turn as well, and how both support each other so well.

THAT is how you do it, and Mr. Kubo showed the hints early on, even if a lot of the Internet doesn't see it due to thinking Ichigo and Rukia should have been together due to their bonds and such, but sometimes, you gotta think outside of the box, but do it well. Unfortunately, Kishimoto didn't think it through and just caved in.

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

*SNEEZES!!* Oh, sorry, guys... *sniffs* My bull**** detector went off and I'm allergic to it since I just heard some crap that isn't true at all.

#9 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:22 AM

I haven't seen this show. :o Wasn't enough action for me. But if it's like NS maybe I should give it a chance. The chemistry between the characters, is that similar as well?

PURE NS CHEMISTRY HERE.

edit: I should point out that Kang Chul is a mix between Naruto and Itachi. I don't want to say Sasuke because Kang Chul was never downright rude.

Edited by Luna, 03 November 2017 - 01:25 AM.

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

I know what you mean, James. It's kinda sad how that seems to happen sometimes, but sometimes doing the big-boobed girl who is a moe and has a crush on the protagonist can be done better, since Orihime in Bleach is an example, given she didn't just emphasize on her feelings for Ichigo, and in turn, we saw Ichigo falling for her in turn as well, and how both support each other so well.

THAT is how you do it, and Mr. Kubo showed the hints early on, even if a lot of the Internet doesn't see it due to thinking Ichigo and Rukia should have been together due to their bonds and such, but sometimes, you gotta think outside of the box, but do it well. Unfortunately, Kishimoto didn't think it through and just caved in.

Oh I completely agree with you...as long as the story flows with it. Like we, as the NS, keep saying. It wasn't that NS didn't become canon that pissed us off...it is the fact that they betrayed everything the characters stood for JUST to make NH canon. It betrayed the story to suit a pairing choice and that is a big no, no.

The big thing Kubo did was keep Ichigo's choice in love interest a secret until a good time. This is contrary to Naruto who said "I love Sakura" and then changes his mind completely at the last possible second without merit or reason. It wasn't gradual, it wasn't progressive...it was just change for the sake of "Hinata had to get her way."

Naruto was supposed to be the main character. Ichigo is the main character. We have to follow their lives and what they go through. It shouldn't have mattered what Hinata felt.This is why you see alot of explanations of Kishimoto about the subject. He never mentions Naruto at all or how he is as a character. "Well, Hinata loved him in the beginning, so it made sense." Not really, Kishi, since Naruto didn't love Hinata in the beginning.

If Naruto was a shojo about Hinata....then yeah, NH makes sense, but the manga was not called "Hinata"

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:19 AM

Oh I completely agree with you...as long as the story flows with it. Like we, as the NS, keep saying. It wasn't that NS didn't become canon that pissed us off...it is the fact that they betrayed everything the characters stood for JUST to make NH canon. It betrayed the story to suit a pairing choice and that is a big no, no.

The big thing Kubo did was keep Ichigo's choice in love interest a secret until a good time. This is contrary to Naruto who said "I love Sakura" and then changes his mind completely at the last possible second without merit or reason. It wasn't gradual, it wasn't progressive...it was just change for the sake of "Hinata had to get her way."

Naruto was supposed to be the main character. Ichigo is the main character. We have to follow their lives and what they go through. It shouldn't have mattered what Hinata felt.This is why you see alot of explanations of Kishimoto about the subject. He never mentions Naruto at all or how he is as a character. "Well, Hinata loved him in the beginning, so it made sense." Not really, Kishi, since Naruto didn't love Hinata in the beginning.

If Naruto was a shojo about Hinata....then yeah, NH makes sense, but the manga was not called "Hinata"

I know, right? Naruto loved Sakura from the beginning whereas Sasuke got on board I guess eventually after chapter 699. So by Kishi's logic, isn't Naruto more deserving? Naruto understood Sakura long before Sasuke ever did.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#12 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

I know, right? Naruto loved Sakura from the beginning whereas Sasuke got on board I guess eventually after chapter 699. So by Kishi's logic, isn't Naruto more deserving? Naruto understood Sakura long before Sasuke ever did.

Not in the eyes of some fans since they figure the girl's feelings matter more than BOTH people's feelings in regards to romance. XP

#13 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

A little unrelated to the topic, but since you brought that up hehe!  :D

Naruto: (Train hard, fight for your dreams, become Hokage and prove yourself. Okay cool, awesome start!)

It eventually becomes Sasuke Shippuden: "You're my best friend!". Then Sasuke Shippuden 2: "The Search for Sasuke". We also get Shikamaru Shippuden for a brief period (not as bad actually, pretty good arc). 

Then Naruto FINALLY makes something of himself by the time of the Pain Arc, restoring "some" dignity to the series, as we return to Sasuke Shippuden 3: "Return of the Emo Avenger". Then we get Madara/Rin/Coolest Guy Shippuden, and finally the on-going never ending prologue shoujo of Hinata-sama-Shippuden and her husband.

So again, WHY exactly is Naruto the main character again?

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

PURE NS CHEMISTRY HERE.

edit: I should point out that Kang Chul is a mix between Naruto and Itachi. I don't want to say Sasuke because Kang Chul was never downright rude.

Korean drama that has NS dynamics?

*SNEEZES!!* Oh, sorry, guys... *sniffs* My bull**** detector went off and I'm allergic to it since I just heard some crap that isn't true at all.

I got the cold all of a sudden  :th_yeah:

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 03 November 2017 - 09:36 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#15 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

@Luna

I was looking for an excuse to talk about  korean dramas. They pretty much wrote some of the most romantic and touching stories in recent years. The kind of story that is lacking in western media ( I am seeing too much police and detective series nowadays). I was searching for the next one to watch so this has definitely caught my attention. 

Weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo leading couple reminds me a lot of NS...

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

Naruto and Sakura still understand each other more than their own spouses do. Can you honestly say that Sasuke and Hinata know more about Sakura and Naruto respectfully than they do each other? I should think not.

It's still all extremly weird that the answers we want we supposedly have to go outside the manga to find written by different people and dubbed canon by publishers...instead of within the primary manga itself. The more they try to "explain" the worse it gets...which would explain  why they keep most of it ambigous. Like Kishimoto said, "Any reason would come off as contrived" and equats the loves to drug addiction.

Sasuke: "Sakura, you're like a drug to me."
Sakura: "Awww, because you're addicted to me?"
Sasuke: "No....you ruined my life."
Funny Time with Sasuke.
(credit goes to Dante Axe and his League Randomville for the fun skit)

Not in the eyes of some fans since they figure the girl's feelings matter more than BOTH people's feelings in regards to romance. XP

I wonder what is more sexist...the fact that women are portrayed as shallow...or that men get no right to an opinion at all and treated as trophies.

A little unrelated to the topic, but since you brought that up hehe!  :D

Naruto: (Train hard, fight for your dreams, become Hokage and prove yourself. Okay cool, awesome start!)

It eventually becomes Sasuke Shippuden: "You're my best friend!". Then Sasuke Shippuden 2: "The Search for Sasuke". We also get Shikamaru Shippuden for a brief period (not as bad actually, pretty good arc). 

Then Naruto FINALLY makes something of himself by the time of the Pain Arc, restoring "some" dignity to the series, as we return to Sasuke Shippuden 3: "Return of the Emo Avenger". Then we get Madara/Rin/Coolest Guy Shippuden, and finally the on-going never ending prologue shoujo of Hinata-sama-Shippuden and her husband.

So again, WHY exactly is Naruto the main character again?

Yeah pretty much. All of it leading up to Hinata The Scarf.

I am glad this movie "W-Two worlds" korean movie not only lampshades the problematics of radical fandoms and shipping, but also fights against it saying that they really have no idea what love is about.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 November 2017 - 08:04 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users