Close
Photo

What if Sakura liked Naruto from the start?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

so this has been on my mind for a while now.... a_plotting.gif IF Sakura loved Naruto from the start but still had the feisty personality and wanted to befriend Sasuke but did not fangirl idolize him would things be different? Would Sakura be more popular if she did not treat Naruto badly but still had her character traits and developments minus the tsundere characteristic? And her developments remain the same as now only for different reasons like how she trained with Tsunade because she wanted to protect Naruto and help bring Sasuke back as a friend. I was just wondering so please give your thoughts happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 July 2011 - 11:37 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Hmmmm, good question, well then the haters would probably simmer down a bit though they still might have remorse for her for being "useless" in part one. Honestly, things would probably be the same as it is now, but the dynamics would be different.

Something like going from she hates him to having to force to work with him to actually liking to work with him to actually being friends to best friends to potential lovers is more intriguing than if she likes him from the start because that would be a goal to work for which makes the victory sweeter.

Edited by anguyen92, 25 July 2011 - 11:44 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Yeah I'm just asking because I'm still thinking about Sakura's fan girl phase for Sasuke in Part one and her her initial attitude to Naruto, its always in the back of my mind for some reason even though I LOVE NS more any pairing ever in Manga and I mean that sincerely because most of my shippings work out . Also She has such a huge hate base I was just wondering if fans would bash her if she liked Naruto from the start and was not a tsundere but still had her strength of character and her super strength too tongue.gif you know like how she is now but I know fans would still consider her useless in part one cause she never fought at all dry.gif

#4 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

^^ Honestly, I just don't think that in terms of storytelling that it would be the same, that there would be no drive, no direction, or romantic plot story. I'm sure, in terms of characteristics, they would still be the same. Naruto being the lovable, awesome, goofy fellow and Sakura would be still be the one who keeps him in touch and in reality.

Fans would still unfortunately bash her for being useless and just perceive her as a love interest and nothing more, which is kinda hypocritical of them.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Oh there would be drive and plot, just not any romantic tension or development between Naruto and Sakura. It would just be another fantasy romance happy.gif not realistic but it does't effect the main story much, the Only difference I see is that Naruto is not driven by the poal and pursues Sasuke for his own reasons

#6 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

If she had liked Naruto from the start she would have been a complete tsundere, wouldn't she? She would have pretended not to agree with him and acted bossy as a cover for her feelings. So generally she would have acted very similar, denying that she cared about him deeply, while inner!Sakura fangirled over his admiring actions. That's different from the way she went about fangirling Sasuke which was completely open. I think she was probably forced to fangirl openly due to Sasuke's popularity being threatening towards her. But with Naruto she might have been more secretive about it while being generally bossy towards him.

All in all, I think things would still be similar to how they are now. Naruto would still be oblivious to her feelings because she would be very indirect and confusing about them, like a tsundere is, and Sakura would still be hitting him and blowing up at his actions. I dunno, just what I think might have occurred. Also I don't really know if any of this would have made her more or less popular XD

#7 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

i dont know if it would have been fun....i like it when the guy has to work for his love! a_thumbs.gif that way you wanna cheer them on! and get excited over every moment they have!!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

well I meant if she didn't have the tsundere attitude it is fairly obvious she likes Naruto from the beginning but denies only because she's a little embarrassed again just hypothetical I know the story is better unchanged. this is just theory

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 July 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#9 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

We wouldn't have these NS vs. SS debates all the time like we have now.

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

we wouldn't be having anxieties either sad.gif

#11 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

To be completely honest, I'm glad that Sakura didn't like Naruto from the beginning. I feel like watching Sakura go from disliking Naruto and thinking of him as nothing more than an annoyance to loving him makes me all the more invested and emotionally attached to their relationship.

That we saw their relationship grow and develop over the course of ten years worth of story line is pretty amazing, imo. It's almost as if that relationship progressed in real time.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#12 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

If Sakura had liked Naruto from the start, then we'd probably have something out of a fan fiction. tongue.gif Then again I could see it working since Sakura would probably act the same way around Naruto, but less harsh on him and he wouldn't have be motivated as much to prove himself to her and we'd probably never see the bigger NS scenes like the bench scene or the promise of a lifetime. I'm agreeing with everyone else by saying that it was better for her not to like Naruto at first and then gradually build up to loving him. We'd also miss a lot of development between them or it could have been different though...

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 31 2011, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sakura had liked Naruto from the start, then we'd probably have something out of a fan fiction. tongue.gif Then again I could see it working since Sakura would probably act the same way around Naruto, but less harsh on him and he wouldn't have be motivated as much to prove himself to her and we'd probably never see the bigger NS scenes like the bench scene or the promise of a lifetime. I'm agreeing with everyone else by saying that it was better for her not to like Naruto at first and then gradually build up to loving him. We'd also miss a lot of development between them or it could have been different though...

Yeah but Sakura wasn't the sole drive for Naruto to improve himself or be recognized he wanted to be acknowledged by everyone emoticon_monocle.gif and there doesn't need to be a love/hate start for romance development for me it would be sweet If Naruto and Sakura had romantic development like Mashiro and Azuki from Bakuman minus the shy and coy attitude and awkwardness and they support each other from the start. But then again part I was supposed to portray Naruto's suffering and earning respect, friendship, and acknowledgement so it DOES destroy the concept meaning It's best kept the same. biggrin.gif Its just no one besides us is appreciating this development that's why I brought it up because of all the SS and NH spazzing O__O

QUOTE (Kim @ Jul 31 2011, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well in that case we'd probably have one of those scenarios where both sides like each other, but pretend they don't and don't confess until the last few chapters. Because that's the way shonen manga works. We can't have two characters getting together from the start, where would the interesting drama go?
But that would be tiring, I've seen and read too many things like that. I really love Naruto's openness towards his feeling and how he would do anything for Sakura. You really root for him(even when it was seemingly hopeless) and hope he'll get her in the end because she's one of the things he wants the most.

But what IF they confessed half way through the manga right before part II? pictureem0.gif just wondering happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 July 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#14 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

given the personalities involved and the direction of the story, I would hypothesize the following scenario.

The premise Sakura likes Naruto earlier.

Id say that this comes from Naruto complimenting her forehead as himself at the bench scene. The sudden emotional twist causes a complete shift in Sakura. Something shes not ready for but also not ready to give up and hide from either.

How ever in typical shonen tradition things are seldom that simple. Naruto is still at this stage a bit of an arrogant jerk and thus liable in spite of himself to say or do the wrong thing at inopportune times to set her off. Also in typical tsundere fashion Sakura would become very protective almost part 2 protective over him and would go to great lengths to keep both him and Sasuke safe for several reasons.

Further Sakura would begin her growth in strength alot earlier due to narutos influence as opposed to her attention being soley on Sasuke. Surprisingly Sasukes attitude could potentialy shift for the worse as he sees his ""useless teamates"" getting stronger and closer and he feels like the odd man out.

the majority of events I dont see changing save for more direct interactions between Naruto and Sakura. for example on the bridge when Sasuke was thought dead I see her turning to Naruto for comfort instead of crying on Sasukes body.

The chunin exams would most likely also go the same again save more directed interactions. especially Sakuras battle with the sound trio might actually be alittle more violent and the sound trio might take more of a beating in the process due to a stronger and more determined then ever Sakura fighting like a tigress.

the prelims would remain the same as would the invasion.

where things get tricky is Sasuke leaving. I do see Sakura confronting Sasuke but the love confession would be less emotional and more quiet. Almost a I think i might like you but someone else also makes me feel... special." The emphasis on the conversation though would go to a similar point but along a different road with Sakura appealing to him that he would be happy with them all team 7 as family and friends. Sasuke though in the end thanks her and then leaves most likely in the same fashion.

Naruto has no need to make a promise of a lifetime but the possibility is that he may very well make one instead to reunite team 7 for her sake because he never wants to see her cry or be so hurt again. Here is where things might get interesting because Sakura may want to try and come but naruto may literally hug her tight and tell her no that now is not the time and shes not in any fit shape to do so. the hug would be incredibly intimate and speak of a lot fof eeelings leading sakura to a similar resolution.

when naruto returns hurt. Sakuras resolve is strengthend to repair the familial bonds for Naruto and team bond for herself. getting stronger and this approaching tsunade.

The possible ending of the series would potentialy end up in an ed and winry style of confession with the two working in a roundabout way towards a final I feel about you so do I and the end result being blond and pink little ones. and a happy hokage.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#15 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

If Sakura had liked Naruto from the start and viewed Sasuke more as friend, Naruto and Sakura's relationship would have been like how it's been in part 2. (and considering her intensely compassionate side, she would have been sympathetic toward Sasuke because his trauma, and sympathetic toward Naruto because he became an orphan when he was a baby, so never knew his parents. That might have ironically strengthened Sasuke bond toward Sakura- not anything romantic, but a stronger friendship bond.)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

yeah but I doubt that it would've stopped Sasuke from leaving headscratch.gif okay so all in all everyone thinks that the only improvement for Sakura liking Naruto from the beginning is Sakura's reception from fans right ? mellow.gif

#17 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

^^ I'm gonna say, yeah, and sure. Things would have been the same and the fans might like her better, but the question is that if she liked naruto from the beginning, would we still be here?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:29 AM

Nah maybe not but we would definitely be ENJOYING NS much more and would be rejoicing more frequently laugh.gif albeit as individuals not saying that it's better like that just pointing it out cool.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#19 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Would it be different? the obvious answer would be yes. Would it be MUCH different? I don't think so.

Other than she will start taking her occupation WAY sooner then she did in canon since even in canon, she does take a leaf out of Naruto's book and that leads to her being more determined to be stronger, granted its much later and not before she got to desperate situation in chuunin exam but its there nonetheless. Now, if Sakura DID have interest on Naruto sooner as the question in this thread, then I have to say that she would prob be inspired by Naruto's not-gonna-give-up attitude and that would ends up making her determination to be stronger that much earlier in the timeline but at the end, she would still be pretty much the same Sakura as the one we know right now.

At least thats how I see it

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

yeah that's how I see it happy.gif I think she wouldn't be heartbroken over Sasuke but would still support Naruto in bringing him home a_thumbs.gif although others view it differentl But I'd still like to hear them laugh.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 August 2011 - 02:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users