X-Men Origins Wolverine movie trailer
wow.gif

#2 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

Gambit, finally. Even if it's in a spinoff film.

#3 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

Anything can be better than The Last Stand.

uc.png

#4 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

There is much truth in what you speak.

#5 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

I swear to god, if Deadpool dosn't wears the mask by the end of the filmim burning their studio.

But... GAMBIT! WOOT!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#6 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

It looks entertaining. Maybe my expectations for it are a bit low though after The Last Stand. Cause it certainly seems more in line with all the other comic book movies out there rather than being similar to X-Men or X2.

#7 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Looks awesome. Plenty of comic book spoilers to those who haven't read.

XD.

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

Finally, I've been waiting for this movie for a long time! Wolverine's been bleedin' unleashed in this movie! Hope there's an epic fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine. I really don't think anyone else captures the ferocity of Wolverine besides Hugh Jackman.

#9 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

I've been looking forward to this even more than I looked forward to the Batman sequel, so I really hope it won't disappoint. It seemed to be fairly spoileriffic though, so I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it. I liked the Last Stand to some extent, even though the script writers were a bunch of idiots (lulz, it's not as if Cyclops of Xavier are important to the X-Men universe, so let's kill'em). I have alot of faith in thsi one though, and the trailer = total fangasm!

*goes to order tickets for the premiere*

#10 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Dec 18 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been looking forward to this even more than I looked forward to the Batman sequel, so I really hope it won't disappoint. It seemed to be fairly spoileriffic though, so I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it. I liked the Last Stand to some extent, even though the script writers were a bunch of idiots (lulz, it's not as if Cyclops of Xavier are important to the X-Men universe, so let's kill'em). I have alot of faith in thsi one though, and the trailer = total fangasm!

*goes to order tickets for the premiere*

Well I can't defend Xavier, but to be honest James Marsden the guy playing Cyclops had a prior agreement to be in the Singer's Superman Returns, during the time of filming Last Stand. Therefore they kind of wrote him out because of that.

But to be honest I liked Last Stand a lot. It was the only one out of the three movies that actually felt like an X-Men movie. The other two films were mostly drama, drama, drama, then a tiny bit of superhero fighting.

Edited by No WhereMan, 22 December 2008 - 05:58 AM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#11 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

The movie has been released on the internet. You can find DVD quality rips, but with unfinished special effects. (They provide a nice comedic effect! biggrin.gif)

That being said, who has seen it?

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!
Arg! Spoilers be hear! --Click here to view--
Its atrocious. Absolutly horrible.
I watched it with a group of friends and it made the whole room depressed. They seriously have to change the ending of this movie before release. Well I guess the middle too. Might as well replace the beginning too, because it was sad.

I'm not talking about the special effects. They were unfinished and therefore cannot be judged. (Although the action scenes themselves were kinda pathetic.)
I'm talking about story line. Anybody who knows anything about Wolverine's orgin will be very pissed.

WOLVERINE AND SABERTOOTH ARE BROTHERS WTF? NO!
Are you kidding me? Related? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??!?!?!!
no noNO noNOnoNoNo NO!

So Wolverine gets his adamantium, cuts an X shaped hole in the building, runs out, and jumps off a waterfall? hUh? huh.gif
What happened to the rage? The killing? The destruction of the facility? The claw marks everywhere? Nothing happened!
This movie doesn't even have continuity with the previous three films! Everything about this scene contradicts what happened in X2!

Gambit now has the abilities of Spiderman? Thats wigedy! That fool can climb/run up wall with ease in the movie!
Now Gambit also has the ability of telekinesis. I didn't know that! He can make cards float through the air with relative ease. And his accent.... wah!

Deadpool just made me want to cry. I don't even want to talk about him. =(

I'll leave some for everyone else to rage about. And theres plenty.

I have to say that the unfinished special effects were the best part of the whole film. I loled a plenty at them. Good times.

Unless there are drastic changes, I will not waste a penny on this film.

#12 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

Saw the unclean version too, agree with some points you made.

I quite like what they did with Deadpool in the end, hopefully, it makes a nice set up for the proposed Deadpool movie. But it was kinda depressing. I do want to know what happened to the rage and the killing and BIG COMPLAINT! Where's the brutal, totally-in character fights? I would've liked for more fights because, this is after all The Wolverine. Hopefully they do continue their little epilogue in Japan. I don't know about Gambit's other scenes, but he climbed walls by projecting energy to his two sticks and burned holes in the brick wall, isn't that Gambit's power? Energy manipulation? Also, his card trick was probably just skillful throwing. Gambit's accent for me was eh, could be more heavy though. Again, my biggest complaint was lack of visceral fight scenes showcasing Wolverine's and Sabretooth's ferocity.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 03 April 2009 - 08:22 PM.

#13 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

Couldn't help myself.

It was....really mediocre. The unfinished effects (WIRE-FU!!!) and Transformers music (seriously, what was with that?) were pretty funny. Also the ridiculously corny moments like Wolvy jumping down a waterfall naked and the Darth Maul appearance of Weapon XI.

At least the beginning was pretty good. The spot-on portrayal of Wade Wilson and the Weapon X team just kicking ass was the best part. Too bad it's only 8 minutes long and the movie just falls apart after it.

#14 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

>_< I dont think I could ever watch something unfinished like that.

#15 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

I need to know just one thing... does Deadpool wear his mask?

Made by Vongola10th

#16 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Apr 9 2009, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to know just one thing... does Deadpool wear his mask?

Personally, I liked the film. There were a lot of places where liberties were made, but they made Sabertooth very much IC oppose to the first X-Men movie counterpart. The option of Logan and Sabertooth being siblings honestly has been visited several times in the Main Marvel Universe, so it would be understandable that the movie franchise could just go and make them brothers. (The Ultimate universe proposed the option that Wolverine might be Sabertooth's father, but I don't think they ever give a clear clarification.)

I want everyone to remember that, this was the unfinished movie version of the movie. If you go to Wiki the studio even mentions that an additional 10mins of the film wasn't included in this version also.

Edited by No WhereMan, 09 April 2009 - 12:35 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#17 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 9 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I liked the film. There were a lot of places where liberties were made, but they made Sabertooth very much IC oppose to the first X-Men movie counterpart. The option of Logan and Sabertooth being siblings honestly has been visited several times in the Main Marvel Universe, so it would be understandable that the movie franchise could just go and make them brothers. (The Ultimate universe proposed the option that Wolverine might be Sabertooth's father, but I don't think they ever give a clear clarification.)

I want everyone to remember that, this was the unfinished movie version of the movie. If you go to Wiki the studio even mentions that an additional 10mins of the film wasn't included in this version also.

Atleast he acts like the guy? tottaly insane?

Made by Vongola10th

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

At least in the beginning he was kinda a wise-ass. In the end...well, you'll have to see. He is dressed in a red shirt+black pants though. No twin guns

#19 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 9 2009, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An extra 10 minutes you say? hmmm....

I might give this film a real chance when it comes out in theaters then. But I'll make sure others see it before me just in case.

#20 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

I couldn't stand it, having read Origins when that first came out. No Elizabeth, no Dog Logan, it was just different. Sabertooth shouldn't have been introduced until the point where he killed Silver Fox, like in the comics, when he 'killed' her on Logan's birthday. I don't like how they had Cyclops in there, seeing as he went straight from the orphanage to Xavier in the comics. They just changed too much of the background for a fan to watch it, in my opinion.

And Deadpool kinda pissed me off. Yeah, he was a wise ass, but dude is freakin' insane! Granted, it was before his face became disfigured, so that deserves a pass. But I wanted to see kick ass Deadpool breakin' the 4th wall and bein' insane and bein' a wise ass. And yeah, he didn't have his mask.

Well, I shall go watch the first two movies now to rid my mind of the images.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users