23 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:47 AM

Summary Time: Flower. ...Well they got a colored cover again...Kind of wish they didn't. Also they haven't change their time slot for once. Oh volume six is actually the conclusion of the Ao arc.

The cover is Salad sitting on a bench. I don't have the image posted so I don't have to stare at it while typing this. So, with that in mind; lets talk about Loli/Shouto first. From what I understand recently is what Japanese call their pedophiles, and like Otaku this is not a positive term. Sure like Otaku in manga they are treated as wacky people, but that's because they are generally written by Loli themselves trying to defend their interest in little cartoon girl. The rest of Japan from what I understand like them as much as most countries like pedophiles. The stuff is made because there is a market for it, again the people that make them are loli fans writing for other loli fans and better 2-D girls then actual little girls. Now normally they try to play up the child innocence while trying to sexual children. Ikemoto just straight up sexualize  Salad. She is just sitting on a bench innocent enough, but that outfit as well as her posing is incredibly sexualize. The outfit has the length of a clubbing dress you know the ones where the woman wears it to show off how hot she is while dancing, and will rarely sit down because the dress will just ride up if you make one mistake sitting down. Then you have Salad having one leg slightly raise which because of her dress means you be seeing everything if that arm wasn't in the way. The arm takes the place of that strategically place tassel from that image a few months ago preventing the audience from seeing what they are only just blocking; Salad's panties. From what I understand Japan they sexulaize panties because they really like the idea that their only a thin cloth under a skirt that prevents them from seeing what's underneath. 

Beyond that she is just causally sitting on the bench which again is to address a complaint people had against Sakura. People didn't consider her attractive. So this image say that Salad is so hot that even causally sitting is sexy.

Now that image:

000.jpg

OK. The actual chapter starts with Naruto and Nail walking the village, which actually looks nice, Naruto still looks off. They almost instantly meet Salad who Naruto is very happy to see. she asks what's he doing walking around the village, he says he is on a mission, and that Nail will be accompanied by Naruto at all times. Naruto being chummy  decides to buy a snack for Nail. Salad recommend one flavor, and he goes with another which irritates her. he likes the snack he apparently never had it before and is devouring it. Salad seeing that he enjoying it ask if she could have a bite because she never tried that flavor before. He act like a jackass.

A kid bumps into him while playing, and he attack him with his tree arm which is thankfully stopped by Naruto. After checking on the kids Salad again act like her mother, and chews Nail out for it. Naruto is taking Nail to Ino's flower shop. Shockingly Ino almost looks good in art style compared to most of the other characters from Naruto. Then again he barely changed anything other then adding the face details he add to all his females...such as apparently reducing her breast size. He order Nail to pick out a flower vase, as well as ask for Ino help from the sensory division to help keep an eye on Nail & Kara. Salad & Nail continue to bicker, and every once in a while Naruto steps in to lecture him; I suspect this will happen throughout the rest of the chapter as it has so far. Nail picks a vase that goes will with the dinning room.

017.png

Is it weird that she still looks and dress like she did when she was 15 when she is now easily twice that age?

Ino decides to give the vase flowers for free. However this triggers Nail into remembering the pot, tubes, and the kara leader. Which causes him to drop the vase. Naruto feeling empathy for this boy suffering after vase dropping give him a hug, and assure him that he is safe.

027.png

When they leave Ino calls him a Ikemen (a man who has a full set of desirable qualities: charming, handsome, stylish, and cool.) So the idea he is this generation Sasuke increases. Salad leaves the two, but not before tell Nail that she is planning to become hokage, and if he needs help all he has to do is ask.

Bolt is back home, when they come home. He see the new vase, and decides to give him a chance if he glues the old vase back together.

Ah those two from Kara for the last few pages. Ino leads the Sensory Division. They are the guys in charge of that Barrier from the Pein arc that alerts them if anyone enters the village. Barbarian hair hint again that he is from the leaf village as after informing the woman about the barrier he leaps onto the wall.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 October 2018 - 09:31 PM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:50 AM

This chapter mainly shows that Naruto is better at taking care of, cares more about, and better interact with any child that are not his own.

SaladXNail Shipping.

And hints that barbarian hair is from the leaf village. So that theory about him being Jiraiya may be true, I suspect he probably his son or something.

Also slow build up & pacing means more filler for the anime.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 October 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#3 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mothra, Uzumaki, UFO:1999, Free!Iwatobi Swim Club.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:27 AM

It’s weird. The anime seems to be pitched at a younger audience than even the original series. The current opening credits is set to a fight with the characters all using their signature ninjutsu against some massive ice monster. This manga though seems to be aimed at... older perverts? Like if it was going for the same fans who watch the series you’d think the covers would feature fantastical ninja stuff instead of really really sexualised 12 year old girls.

Sounds like Ino is written to be just as shallow as she was as a teenager.

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

I'm all for Salad X Nail :kukuku: Because again, that is consistent with the &#!! $*^% that SP was pushing for all these years. so just make NaruHina and SasuSaku 2.0 happen and let the fandom tear itself apart even more then I use their Anit Naru-Saku logic back at them if they so much as make a peep for the story not supporting BoruSara  :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

It’s weird. The anime seems to be pitched at a younger audience than even the original series. The current opening credits is set to a fight with the characters all using their signature ninjutsu against some massive ice monster. This manga though seems to be aimed at... older perverts? Like if it was going for the same fans who watch the series you’d think the covers would feature fantastical ninja stuff instead of really really sexualised 12 year old girls.

Sounds like Ino is written to be just as shallow as she was as a teenager.

Its probably due to the different creative teams working on them.

The former director of Bleach probably remembered that Naruto was at his most popular when he was twelve years old, that his job is to keep Boruto afloat by finding an audience -which he is most likely to get from kids that don't really have an strong feeling about Naruto then the divided fanbase that largely hates the ending in Japan-, and he is looking at the manga. So, because of the manga slow pacing the anime is on full time filler mode, which allows the staff to do all the shallow fanfic popcorn filler story they want. All they need to do is make sure it on a time that kids won't mind watching because they have nothing better to do.

The clowns on the manga: Kishimoto doesn't care, Ikemoto doing what he wants, and Kodaichi treats writing this manga like its a light novel. They targeted the fans because it is a reliable base of support, but because of the pacing of their monthly release story they are boring their readers. As for Ino; Kishi doesn't care, Ike thinks her looking 15 is sexy, and Kodaichi doesn't have enough of an understand of the character to writer her other then a 15 year old.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 October 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, Ino looks younger here than she did in the original manga! :err:  

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:01 PM

Not surprising honestly. All the women from the original series "look younger" so to speak, they just all just look less attractive than in the original manga and also all had the B/W/H ratio reduced to look like preteens. At least in this current Art style.

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 November 2018 - 05:45 AM.

#8 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:56 AM

Not surprising honestly. All the women from the original series "look younger" so to speak, they just alll just look less attractive than in the original manga and also all had the B/W/H reduced too look like preteens. At least in this current Art style.

Well the only one who has an excuse to look younger is Sakura. lmao. Sasuke truly bagged a gem.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, Ino looks younger here than she did in the original manga! :err:  

She has smaller breast, looks thinner, and her face is the same as Salad who is currently 12-13. 

Not surprising honestly. All the women from the original series "look younger" so to speak, they just all just look less attractive than in the original manga and also all had the B/W/H reduced too look like preteens. At least in this current Art style.

To be honest Hinata only looks older due to that awful hair cut. We really haven't seen many female character in the manga so far but they all have this mix of sexy but look very young.

Sleazy inventor assistance was giddy about getting that arm but also aroused. Goes from looking like a 18-25 year old on the top right to a ten year old on the bottom.

007.png

This is the female member of kara. Somewhat looks like she was suppose to be in her twenties but at times looks twelve.

003.png006.png

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 November 2018 - 01:22 AM.

#10 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

Well the only one who has an excuse to look younger is Sakura. lmao. Sasuke truly bagged a gem.

I agree, Karin is quite a catch.

:wink:

Edited by Nostradamus, 23 October 2018 - 01:38 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#11 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:21 AM

it is obvious as to why they make the characters that are already adults into the apparent shape of teens...because is clear that the writers, artists, editors, and producers of this Patrick Stewart emoji are creeps.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#12 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

just goes to show it seems more like fanfiction than something official because some fans want to draw the characters they remember from the original series and they might seem more young when they draw them. I can't imagine the manga art style being translated to an anime exactly as it is in the manga because it would look really weird I think

#13 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:57 PM

garbage art. Trash ass writing. 

The writer, the artist, and the entire Boruto Manga should be balled up and thrown in the back of a Waste Management truck, fresh for incineration. 

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 24 October 2018 - 05:59 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#14 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Basically, Kishimoto not only destroyed his intellectual property because of what some disgusting people wanted, he actually gave the IP over to those people to control & continue it.

#15 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

garbage art. Trash ass writing. 

The writer, the artist, and the entire Boruto Manga should be balled up and thrown in the back of a Waste Management truck, fresh for incineration. 

So basically what happened to Cioccolata in Jojo.

#16 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

You'd think the artist would want to AVOID any implications of pedophilia, considering what happened to Watsuki...

And yeah, there's no way to spin how you can get Naruto to show more affection for his soon-to-be killer than his own son...it just makes him out to be even more of an idiot than canon has unintentionally shown.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

it is obvious as to why they make the characters that are already adults into the apparent shape of teens...because is clear that the writers, artists, editors, and producers of this Patrick Stewart emoji are creeps.

Actually, if you recall Salad as some people noted in images of her has very shapely adult legs. So the females are this weird amorphous form where they not fully adults but their not fully children either. I honestly don't think this is anyone fault other then Ikemoto. No one actually likes his re-designs even Sp kept to Kishimoto's designs instead of switching over. The reason the art looks like this is because this is how Ikemoto wants to draw them, and because he is Kishimoto's official replacement they can't get rid of him.

#18 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:16 AM

Well, on the bright side, Salad's legs indicate that she has bones and makes it likely that she has a spinal cord, as opposed to Hinata who is an invertebrate.

#19 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

Well, on the bright side, Salad's legs indicate that she has bones and makes it likely that she has a spinal cord, as opposed to Hinata who is an invertebrate.

True.. though Sarada is no Kimimaro. 

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

But them Otakus LOVE invertabrates! :th_yeah:  :banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users