Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:23 AM

New chapter's out: https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/19/page/1

My live reaction: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 19 September 2019 - 12:02 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#202 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

HachiAnn moments this chapter: 

06.png?quality=100&strip=all

09.png?quality=100&strip=all

10.png?quality=100&strip=all

13.png?quality=100&strip=all

14.png?quality=100&strip=all

#203 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

The girl reminds me of Sakura but calling the male protagonist "kun" has that Hinata feel I don't like it. I just hope Kishi doesn't slander this ship and hooks him up with a random girl from out of nowhere. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#204 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

The girl reminds me of Sakura but calling the male protagonist "kun" has that Hinata feel I don't like it. I just hope Kishi doesn't slander this ship and hooks him up with a random girl from out of nowhere. 

A lot of the manga so far is "Kishimoto doesn't want what happen to Naruto, to happen to this manga." So, he spent about ten chapter beating into the readers head that the main character are getting together no matter what. Another thing is, he doesn't want Anna to be hated like Sakura was so she has more Hinata like traits added to her (such as being a princess behaving somewhat reserved and so on.) I would say she still more Sakura like than Hinata like if nothing else for the fact he actually cares about her.

#205 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:25 PM

The funny thing is the kun part seems almost exclusive to the jamini's boxs' translations, when it comes to MangaStream and/or the official release on MangaPlus there's not even a single kun suffix at all!  

Yeah I also  share the same sentiment with you there that's mainly why i'm sharing the moments between the two of them with each chapter just to archive what Kishi has established if he for whatever reason pulls the same stunt in the end; Which right now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since like Bail said  he doesn't want the same outcome to occur with what happened with Naruto to this series. 

So far from what I've seen, Kishi has been doing a decent job with Ann's character and the kind of role she plays in the story. Now would I like to see Ann become more fleshed out as a character? Well yeah of course I do, and time will be the teller of that. I will say though is that Ann's got a nice personality, and doesn't just stammer only to Hachimaru. You know unlike the so called byakugan princess, Ann's got the courage to at least talk to guy that she (based on chapter 17) has some blooming feelings towards. Even with Hachimaru in the last chapter is pretty considerate about her in relation to the gift he gave her.

I really do believe that Kishi took the best parts about Sakura, and what people like about Hinata, and melded those traits into Ann like it was already mentioned above in the previous post.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 19 September 2019 - 09:27 PM.

#206 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:28 AM

Well I a know Im being a sarcastic a$$ hole when regarding this series but I do want it to succeed. It's just hard to let go of its predecessors failures because what happened with that really hurt. And I 'e realized that no matter how hard you wish for a drastic change in the writing formula for manga often times it won't happen. I want to give some personal thoughts regarding that later

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 September 2019 - 05:07 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#207 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:09 PM

Okay so Let me give my genuine thoughts of the series thus far and I am being 100% genuine this time. It's decent and I can see that there is thought put into it and it's trying to address Naruto's "issues". However some of the flaw fixes for Naruto's cons still present troubles in and of them selves. First off I'd would like to address how Samurai 8 THINKS it is fixing how Naruto portrayed females.

Apparently because Naruto poorly portrayed its females, Kishi thought to make the leader of the samurai and also the strongest over all a woman. Now while I can get behind that, there are three story outcomes that will most likely occur with that, 1) she is a story breaker that we won't see either rarely if at all and so won't be a prominent presence in the plot, thus cancelling out the point of it in the first place 2) she won't won't live up to the hype and reverence she was given just like with the edo tensei Hokages bar Hashirama, or 3) she will be a punching bag to only get worf effect just to show how big of a threat new enemies will be. so While the Idea is fine in itself it does not necessarily mitigate the poor portrayal of women from Naruto, by the very notion that being the strongest means that she will not be directly involved in the series unless a big enough threat arises or she will be axed just like many other characters hailed as the strongest in other anime/manga. Not to mention that as far as I know the princesses in the series don't necessarily have an active role in supporting their samurai to my knowledge, but correct me if I'm wrong, so having more female samurai would be a step in the right direction, and maybe NOT have them as "boy crazy emotionally fragile wrecks" by the end of the series would be a plus. 

On another note, I would like to address what has been transpiring between Ann and Hachimaru thus far. As I gather there has been heavy focus on them until the last 2 chapters. That is perfectly fine and shows that despite pro NaruHina fans using this idea as their excuse to degrade the relationship between Naruto and Sakura, Kishi is NOT terrible at writing romance. the thing is though, it was not necessary to do all of that teasing at once. It 'd be perfectly acceptable to have the relationship flesh out and progress naturally because that is what makes the romance believable. The problem with shipping in Naruto is NOT for lack of development but rather IT THREW AWAY the development for a shipping that barely had any development if you can even consider it developed and insulted the audiences perception of it by saying the developed couple that by all logic should have gotten together was a red herring that led to nowhere. Not to mention the context and development for the love triangles was ridiculous and not believable by any stretch of the imagination so what potential was there for any couple except for Naruto and Sakura? Now obviously Kishi nipped that problem in the butt and did not make any love triangles so far this time around. All good, but what I'm saying is that the love triangles were also not the problem. Again it was the conclusion and logic for how the couples happen that caused the backlash, If he does love triangles again, he should at least tone down the drama and angst of the triangle by not making one of the parties a deranged lunatic that getting together with another person seems incomprehensible and develop the love triangle so that there is development on all fronts.

That is all I want to say, the series has not gone long enough to actually point out story flaws as of yet So I will give my thoughts as always further down the line.  As it is appears it is likely taking the sci fi  elements on Boruto and tweaking them to improve the quality of the sci fi aspect

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 September 2019 - 08:15 PM.

#208 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:07 AM

Covers are out for Volumes 1 and 2:

livejupiter_1569699165_101.jpg    

livejupiter_1569699165_102.jpg

edited: A clearer resolution 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 29 September 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#209 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:49 AM

Honestly, like the design of them. They are more then just some of the cast on a white cover which very at least Naruto had.

#210 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:30 AM

Yeah Narutos were bland. That said, the covers dont stick out per say, if you ask me. But they seem nicely done overall.

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 September 2019 - 06:31 AM.

#211 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

New Chapter:  https://readms.net/r...ai_8/020/6220/1

My Live Reaction:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 27 September 2019 - 12:05 PM.

#212 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:08 PM

HachiAnn moments in this week's chapter (per usual): 

03.png

04.png

17.png

#213 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

well I can't say what is going on from what little is shown but that was a some nice shipping and Hachi seems to have won someone's approval 

#214 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

well I can't say what is going on from what little is shown but that was a some nice shipping and Hachi seems to have won someone's approval 

It was more of like an aftermath from a training exercise, and Ryuu (the guy won his approval) was a bit impressed though he's kinda of an airhead. 

As far as the HachiAnn moment goes it's very lite, but it was still good. 

btw the chapter list for the Volume's 1 and 2 are out

So Volume 1 covers from Chapters 1-7; pretty basic for a shounen jump series first volume  (teasing of Ata at volume 1's end). 

Volume 2 covers Chapters 8-16 (basically up to  Hachi's dad dying and the first encounter with Ata)  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 30 September 2019 - 06:29 PM.

#215 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:13 PM

Yeah vol. 1 for WSJ series usually has 7 chapters. Although some have less than that lol. I think Shokugeki no Soma stopped after maybe chapter 4 and then they had special one shot chapter at the end.

The volume covers look decent. Like not an exciting type of look but they are well done regardless 

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 September 2019 - 10:48 PM.

#216 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

I'll still wait til this series is finished before I invest in it. 'Fool me once' as they say.

I want to remind as well that Kishimoto has expressed in interviews that Hinata got more attention because she became more popular despite not doing anything. He said this and people ignore it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#217 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

Yeah vol. 1 for WSJ series usually has 7 chapters. Although some have less than that lol. I think Shokugeki no Soma stopped after maybe chapter 4 and then they had special one shot chapter at the end.

The volume covers look decent. Like not an exciting type of look but they are well done regardless 

So I doublechecked the wiki, and it seems like Volume 1 actually stops at Chapter 6 pretty much Ann's first appearance. 

Volume 2 ends at Chapter 15 (pretty much the aftermath of Hachi's dad passing, promising Ann there will no more lies, and  vowing to become a samurai to his sensei Daruma). 

#218 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:13 PM

Not sure what's going on with the latest chapter being delayed since it should've already been up, and people telling me spoilers have been up (not really that tempted to look at them).

Anyway I was on twitter, and seeing what Viz was announcing at their panel in NYCC 2019 and it was inevitable to say the least:

Announcement: Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru, out Spring 2020. Experience the sci-fi samurai epic, written by Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto and drawn by Akira Okubo!

I had a feeling it was gonna come out next year, but Spring was kinda surprising (then again it does have Kishi's name on it so theres that lol). 

#219 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:32 PM

I am hoping Kishi doesn't start firing his editors and getting new ones changing the story like he did with Naruto. Specially when it comes to the ships. Please Kishi learn from your mistakes. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#220 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:52 AM

I am hoping Kishi doesn't start firing his editors and getting new ones changing the story like he did with Naruto. Specially when it comes to the ships. Please Kishi learn from your mistakes. 

The first editor the one he liked and help form what Naruto was, Yahagi, was promoted to the Editor and Chief of one of Shueisha magazines. It was the other eleven editor over the next six years that he constantly had problems with. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users