#1 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:21 AM

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/442/

Good Chapter, im not gonna get into the shippy stuff, but im glad Naruto continued to show his resolve

Edited by Illmatic, 03 April 2009 - 03:32 AM.

#2 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Apr 3 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aw damn XD lol i was JUST gonna post it, but you beat me to it X3

anyway, wow, that was a great chapter, at least i think so. Naruto really knows how to use his clones for anything!

hehe, killing off Pain with the technique his father created, and Jiraiya taught him. a fitting final blow happy.gif

well, CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! laugh.gif wub.gif

narusakuct7.gif

#3 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:31 AM

How the heck did that translator get Hinata loves Naruto from " ヒナタ...あなたは...ナルトの事/Hinata...Anata wa...Naruto no koto"? That feels like quite the leap. My translation would be..."Hinata...because of Naruto you..." or "Hinata...you...for Naruto (sake?)" Sounds like someone is a closet NaruHina shipper. I'll have to look it up more to be sure... EDIT: To be fair,, after looking it up the translator probably thinks that the next few words out of Sakura's mouth would be "naruto no koto ga suki" which would mean Hinata, you...love Naruto....but it's not a literal translation so make of it what you want.

I'm not sure if I want Naruto to succeed or if I want him to fail and get captured. Whichever would progress the story. But I think that it will be the latter. But hopefully this is not another case of misleading taglines. Cause this battle should have ended by now, imo.

Edited by Leney, 03 April 2009 - 03:59 AM.

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#4 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:31 AM

Not bad, quite the interesting end to the fight. Back to basics it seems.

Nice use of shadow clones as well. Though I wish we'd see him use different techniques, I guess this is the case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. *shrug*

I wonder how literal the translations are for some of Sakura's thoughts.

#5 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:33 AM

This is exactly the kind of ending I was hoping for to this fight. Naruto using what he has at hand, and his usual clever tactics, have led him to topple a man considered God.

Now THAT is badass.

I am getting a little annoyed at the way no one seems to be good enough to help Naruto now. I mean, I can understand the younger ninja not being able to help much. But saying someone as strong as Super Fuzzy Brows is going to get in the way... That's just a total buzzkill.

#6 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

Yeeeeeaaaah. I found nothing surprising or even conclusive here. Hooray for misleading teasers for the upcoming chapters?

Also, exactly how does Sakura know about Hinata's confession? Unless I missed something here, she was nowhere near close enough to hear it. Yeabuhwha? DL smells a rat. Or more like an iffy translation; which definitely would not surprise me at this point.

Otherwise, it was an alright chapter I suppose. Nice to see Naruto using his head.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 April 2009 - 03:40 AM.

bd5.jpg

#7 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:37 AM

Well considering the way Pain is, another person hopping in to help would be more of a liability.

And yes Sakura's thoughts were translated horribly
\

#8 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:50 AM

That was a great chapter but im rather disapointed that the surprise conclusion (if there was even one at all) wasn't very surprising. That is unless Kishimoto plans on saving that surprise till later on.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#9 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

OM just took down the chapter, apparently there is a missing page.

#10 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

its back up now

#11 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:38 AM

is that writing on the second to last page mean pain is panting as he is kneeling? is that why he couldn't simply jump out of the way of a flying naruto?

#12 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:58 AM

Very nice chapter. I also had to raise an eyebrow at SleepyFans' "Hinata loves Naruto" translation. (The original wording is really vague)
And I had been wondering when the next time Kishimoto showing a character getting hit at 3 different angles would be. This is the seventh (maybe eighth) time he's done it in Part 2. XD

Only...Nagato has red hair? How come Gaara, Tayuya, Sasori, and Kushina have white hair in the manga, yet Karin and Nagato have it shaded in...?
I can live with Karin being a redhead, but in this case I kinda hope the anime ignores this and just gives Nagato black hair. >_>

#13 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

Great chapter but meh it was quite shot for the manga lol. I thought that the way the Translator thought Sakura said Hinata loves Naruto I think that a bad translation. IT something of the lines that said You love Naruto don't you or something like that. I think Sakura would never say Hinata loves Naruto.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 03 April 2009 - 05:23 AM.

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Apr 3 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only...Nagato has red hair? How come Gaara, Tayuya, Sasori, and Kushina have white hair in the manga, yet Karin and Nagato have it shaded in...?
I can live with Karin being a redhead, but in this case I kinda hope the anime ignores this and just gives Nagato black hair. >_>

I'm heated about that. The cover was beautiful (Little Konan and Sakura were so damn cute and Little Yahiko and Naruto were awesome) but I notice Nagato as another redhead... c'mon Kishi!! Enough redheads! Nagato was fine with black/brown hair. And Little Sakura's headband should be blue not red.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#15 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

Nice to see that the idea of NaruXHina bothers Sakura.

Anyway, I thought this was a cool chapter. The fact that Hinata made it is BS but the overall fight was just so cool. One thing I didn't expect Kishi to do was to have Naruto give up on Sage mode altogether and counter with a normal Rasengan. Most shonen characters, when they find a technique that makes them more powerful, usually give up on their other methods, but Kishimoto is implying with this that Naruto will not have to rely on Sage mode every time. It was also well done with how they made it look like Pain would win, but Naruto planned for EVERYTHING.

I will say though, Kishi did not handle Pain's supposed strength very well; his power has been terribly inconsistent. He's able to beat Jiraya in Sage mode; he takes out grown Konoha ninja, and suddenly Konohamaru is able to land a hit on a body, and Naruto in Sage mode easily took out every body except God Realm, and for some odd reason he misses Hinata's heart completely. Conceptually, Pain was perfect as a villain, but either Kishimoto was pressured to make Naruto look a bit too awesome, or he didn't look back at what he did in his previous work.

This is obviously not the end of Pain; we really don't know the true extent of the Rinnegan, and it's likely we're going to get an arc with the Rookie 9 heading to Rain Village to finish off Pain. Won't be easy though (at least, I hope not).

I will agree with you all about the Red-heads. Gaara's hair was never shaded, if my recollection is correct, and take a look at him when he's colored. Nagato and Karin look so much better in black. However, I doubt the anime is going to ignore this.

#16 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

I don't know about the mistralanstion, but I think it's obvious Sakura at least suspects it.

Which ruins the claim of she knew it back in the chuunin exams when she told: "she's always watching you". But that's other story.

Anyway, now she's heard Naruto has supressed the fox chakra, she will feel calmer and less pressured to heal Hinata. And now she thinks there's someone else interested in Naruto, she can get worried and pondering about the root of her worry... biggrin.gif

Anyway, the fight was good. Naruto winning a fight through sheer determination, willforce and an utter and besotted unwillingness to lay down and giving up, using his brains and his basic techniques to triumph over a god-like enemy, his bravery fueled by the words of Jiraiya, his father and Kakashi (does someone remember that cover with Sandaime, Jiraiya, Yondaime, Kakshi and Naruto, at the beginning of the current arc?).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#17 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:15 AM

And the fight is over (finally), that was a good Chapter. Now all that's left is for Naruto to find Nagato. As far as the "mistranslation" goes I don't care either way because I think it will benefit our shipping because it shows Sakura being remorseful, probably because she realizes that she's never done anything for Naruto and she's supposed to be his friend and Hinata a girl he barely knows puts her life on the line for him. Maybe that's just how I interpreted that, I dunno.

uc.png

#18 kage'e shoujo

kage'e shoujo

Lazy Layabout

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

I just read it and... the fight dragged on for so long, truth be told. I kinda want the prerequisite villain flashback already so we could at least understand what changed Nagato from the child Jiraiya took care of to this pain-obsessed extremist.

Also, I was wondering about that translation. From the spoilers and the leaked pics, Hinata doing something for Naruto and Sakura commenting on it makes perfect sense when you consider Sakura's own insecurities about Naruto and the things she can do. "I can only do the littlest things for Naruto," she said way back when. She's the teammate, the one with him the most, the one who shares his pain and the one who's seen his suffering from her front-row seat. And Hinata was the one who succeeded in doing something for him in a fight against someone who could have very well killed him. If that's not prime material for uprooting insecurities, I don't know what is.

It's possible she could be jealous had she heard the confession. But right now, there's a war and Naruto's in danger and she couldn't do anything. It makes more sense to think it's not romance she's thinking of.

Edited by kage'e shoujo, 03 April 2009 - 07:57 AM.

#19 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

Personally I don't think the fight dragged on. The pace was quicker and more dymanic than Sasuke/Itachi fight's one, where you only wanted the damned thing was already over.

Personally this is one of my favorite fights in this manga so far. If it wasn't for the foolishness of Hinata voicing her feelings loudly and suddenly, and Pain somehow missing her vital organs, it'd be nearly perfect.

Also, I was wondering about that translation. From the spoilers and the leaked pics, Hinata doing something for Naruto and Sakura commenting on it makes perfect sense when you consider Sakura's own insecurities about Naruto and the things she can do. "I can only do the littlest things for Naruto," she said way back when. She's the teammate, the one with him the most, the one who shares his pain and the one who's seen his suffering from her front-row seat. And Hinata was the one who succeeded in doing something for him in a fight against someone who could have very well killed him. If that's not prime material for uprooting insecurities, I don't know what is.

It's possible she could be jealous had she heard the confession. But right now, there's a war and Naruto's in danger and she couldn't do anything. It makes more sense to think it's not romance she's thinking of.

Personally I think your interpretation also fits a romantic scenary. Firstly, because I think she suspects, even if she hasn't heard it, and it's getting her upset. Secondly, because she can wonder why she never can make anything useful whereas that girl, who isn't his closer friend or his teammate, has almost got killed trying saving him. The thought must be eating her.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#20 kage'e shoujo

kage'e shoujo

Lazy Layabout

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

^ Oh, I definitely agree with the Sasuke-vs-Itachi fight. I guess it's because I followed this one from start to finish? With the previous Naruto fights, I waited until the fight is over/climactic enough before reading since that's what I do with most shounen fights (previous shounen serials have taught me patience, HAHA). But I guess I was spoiled with the pre-timeskip fights were the longest battles were peppered with flashback and insights to the people fighting. We got the parental revelation and some Kyuubi specifics for Naruto, but Nagato's history was sparse, IMO. We got some possible reasons for his pain-obsession but not anything specific, nothing about why the kid Jiraiya taught became this extremist.

QUOTE (Jenskott)
Personally I think your interpretation also fits a romantic scenary. Firstly, because I think she suspects, even if she hasn't heard it, and it's getting her upset. Secondly, because she can wonder why she never can make anything useful whereas that girl, who isn't his closer friend or his teammate, has almost got killed trying saving him. The thought must be eating her.

It could fit in a romantic setting, I don't doubt that. I just don't think Sakura is focusing on that right now because part of her village was destroyed, her Shishou's at the last of her chakra reserves, and Kyuubi has overtaken Naruto again. Sakura saw first-hand what it does to Naruto, the suffering it gives him, the pain that triggers it. And she's waaaay away to be of any help.

That's a lot to take in and I think she's just too worried about Naruto right now to consider any jealousy that some other girl might be romantically interested in a guy she might be feeling romantically inclined to.

Regarding Hinata's feelings, I think Sakura more than suspects it. I'm pretty sure she knows about it. Considering that her internalization came right after Neji's, "Why did she do it?" I'm thinking Sakura put two and two together and figured out Hinata did what she did out of love for Naruto.

I still think it's more her insecurities showing than jealousy, though. Or that she's jealous because Hinata effortlessly did what she's been striving to do for a while now. I think she's insecure because she thinks her capacity to help Naruto is mediocre but this is her personal opinion of herself. Considering Naruto values her presence and prowess both in attack power and healing capability, it is obviously an opinion Naruto does not share. It just so happens that she doesn't see what he sees and thinks herself lacking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users