Close
Photo

Which Anime/Manga do you think deserves a reboot/sequel/spinoff?

anime manga reboot sequel spinoff continuation live-action milk the cow

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

Manga wise: 

Does wanting a story to pick up again count? Because D. Gray Man needs to be serialized again and HxH needs to be finished.  

But as for sequel, I think Katekyo Hitman Reborn is in dire need of one. The ending was just so anticlimatic and horrible that we're left with the feeling of emptiness. What even happens to Tsuna's story anymore? His entire development was thrown out the window. 

I don't want for Bleach to have a sequel- seeing Ichigo mature, grow up and have kids would be nice but I would hate for a Bleach sequel. It would suffer the same fate as Naruto Gaiden- everyone's already OP so who would they be fighting anymore? It would feel like an endless cycle.  

Anime wise: 

I want a sequel to the original Yu Gi Oh. Like what even happened to Yuugi after all these years? Does he have a family? How long did he stay a duel master?? 

Yu Yu Hakusho needs a sequel. I'd even take a reboot. But let's be real here- I'd rather see HxH be continued and finished.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#22 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

Anime wise: 

I want a sequel to the original Yu Gi Oh. Like what even happened to Yuugi after all these years? Does he have a family? How long did he stay a duel master?? 

Well, your wish was granted, kinda

there's a new movie coming out in 2016

new_original_yu_gi_oh__movie_2016_by_dra

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#23 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

Maaaan but I want them to be older, more developed. Like I need to know what happens after the kiddy duel games are over. What do they do with their lives? How are they making money? Like I just wanna know...

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#24 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

Manga wise: 

Does wanting a story to pick up again count? Because D. Gray Man needs to be serialized again and HxH needs to be finished.  

But as for sequel, I think Katekyo Hitman Reborn is in dire need of one. The ending was just so anticlimatic and horrible that we're left with the feeling of emptiness. What even happens to Tsuna's story anymore? His entire development was thrown out the window. 

I don't want for Bleach to have a sequel- seeing Ichigo mature, grow up and have kids would be nice but I would hate for a Bleach sequel. It would suffer the same fate as Naruto Gaiden- everyone's already OP so who would they be fighting anymore? It would feel like an endless cycle.  

Anime wise: 

Yu Yu Hakusho needs a sequel. I'd even take a reboot. But let's be real here- I'd rather see HxH be continued and finished.

Of course, picking up mangas counts, too! HiatusxHiatus needs to come back. Then I will read the manga U_U For now, I have to be happy with the anime.

Bleach sequel?- NOOOOO! I just want Studio Pierrot to finish the anime. That's all.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#25 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

Maaaan but I want them to be older, more developed. Like I need to know what happens after the kiddy duel games are over. What do they do with their lives? How are they making money? Like I just wanna know...

Just wait, in like fifteen to twenty years, we'll have an anime sequel or so as a commemoration for Yugioh season 1 XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#26 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:55 AM

I would say Naruto needs a reboot, not the craptastic spinoff we're getting.

Someone needs to pull a JJ Abrams and trash all the canon (as he has done with Star Trek) but still cherry pick the stuff he likes and redo or rebuild.  (Star Trek didn't need that, but Naruto does.)

That or pull a Dallas and have Sakura wake up and find Naruto naked in their shower.   :yes:

#27 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

Well Kaiba's pretty much rich with his cards empire and Yugi's probably going to remain dueling till the end of his life  :lmao:

Tea is probably going to be a counselor and marry Yugi, Joey will probably still be in the duelling business and Tristan...will still be around somewhere I'm sure  :yes:

Besides I don't know if you remember but Yu-gi-oh ended with Yami going back to his own time, now Yugi is dueling all by himself and he looks quite older, I'm sure it will be interesting

#28 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:37 AM

This is a bit embarrassing but I would like to see a remake of Ichigo 100%. I read the manga and then saw one episode of the anime. All I can say about the anime is that it is the worst show I have ever seen.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#29 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:38 AM

This is a bit embarrassing but I would like to see a remake of Ichigo 100%. I read the manga and then saw one episode of the anime. All I can say about the anime is that it is the worst show I have ever seen.

but you liked the manga?

#30 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:42 AM

but you liked the manga?

I loved it and was really glad at first to find out it had an anime but ended up being disappointed.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#31 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

Anime:

Tokyo ghoul. Tokyo ghoul. And Tokyo ghoul. 

I really want the animators to animate the last of Maid-sama too. The manga already finished, but I haven't read it yet.. And it deserved the second season.

And also a Death Parade sequel But I don't think it'll happened..

Magi should have a season 3 tbh!

Edited by NaruSakuftMixer, 29 April 2015 - 01:42 PM.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#32 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Pandora Hearts absolutely 100% needs a reboot, especially now that the manga's complete. A proper adaptation to showcase how amazing it really is. A reboot would also help give it some more much needed exposure. The story's a masterpiece, and it deserves all the recognition it can get.

This needs to happen so bad. If there's any manga that really, truly deserves it, it's Pandora Hearts all the way.

I would also like to see an anime remake of Chrno Crusade, cause the first one was screwed up so bad, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 29 April 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

I saw D.Gray-Man somewhere here....

T_T

#34 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

I'm starting to get the feeling SJ are worried about their future manga, they've been milking Naruto allot recently, and their older franchises are trying to get resold to us in new formats, we have the DBz Movie, game and anime, we have the Yu-Gi-Oh Movie, Saint Saiyen got a new game...it's like they are trying to resell us old popular manga because they don't feel like their new stuff will sell as well.

As for reboots etc. I'd like to see Soul Eater get a reboot with the original ending like FMA got, the anime end was a real letdown.

I'd also like Rave Master to get a full anime reboot, I still think it's a league ahead of Fairy Tail as far as actual plot goes, If they can get Mashima to tweak the set-up to improve the latter half of the anime, it could be a great show. I never watched it because I knew the anime either got an original ending or laft at a unfinished point.

I'd actually like to see Dragonball Z get a proper remake, not a remaster or a new anime but a reboot from the start, I'll be honest I've never read or watched the anime, all  know about the manga is through friends and the internet, Yeah I watched a few episodes as a kid but that was it. I can't get into watching the original because the voice of Goku and Gohan annoys the hell out of me, and I really can't get into English dubbed animes.

I can't think of any beyond that, maybe some of those animes that got kittened up because they got an original anime ending instead of continuing, like say Ao No exocist, that ending sucked, though I have no idea how the manga is going.

I'd also like to see The devil is a part-timer continued and Binbogami getting finished.

iAnby7W.gif

#35 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Another anime that has a bad ending is Special A.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:33 AM

Rurouni Kenshin. Definitely Rurouni Kenshin. They never properly adapted the Jinchuu arc, for crying out loud!!!! Oh, it would be nice if they could also put in that Shishio one-shot volume. (Read it at mangastream)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

Rurouni Kenshin. Definitely Rurouni Kenshin. They never properly adapted the Jinchuu arc, for crying out loud!!!! Oh, it would be nice if they could also put in that Shishio one-shot volume. (Read it at mangastream)

Rurouni Kenshin was part of my childhood, it would be so awesome if it had a another adaptation

#38 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Shoot...That's sadly true.

#39 It's Deidara Hm

It's Deidara Hm

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My ships better sail

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

Ao Haru Ride really deserves a second season in my opinion...there's a whole lot that happens in the manga after the anime and ova ends...

Also fruits basket. The manga is so good and I was so sad when the author said there would be no second season  :umm:

4d1ad0db251e88852e66f358afc86cde.gif

#40 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:07 PM

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Reason

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, manga, reboot, sequel, spinoff, continuation, live-action, milk the cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users