Close
Photo

Is Kishimoto really contradicting himself?

naruto chapter 693 narusaku manga

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

So, I've been thinking about this a lot after reading lots of posts full of anger, writing some and agreeing with others. But then I remembered how Kishi wrote one of my favorite mangas and even if he's not writing something good now, I think it makes sense.

Out of the NS perspective, let's be reasonable. Nothing Sakura said in chapter 693 denies her love and care for Naruto, so it doesn't erase their development. Let's be honest with ourselves, we all knew that Sakura still cares about Sasuke. Even if she developed feelings for Naruto, she has been shown calling Sasuke's name multiple times, feeling disappointed at his harsh words and lack of care about her and thinking about him. We, NaruSaku shippers always had to deal with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, just like NH and SS have to deal with Naruto's feelings for Sakura and the lack of feelings Sasuke has for Sakura. I agree this wasn't a good chapter and this pairing drama is getting tiresome, specially because this is a shounen manga, and also that Kishimoto is losing his creativity and repeating too many things of part 1. But I disagree with those who say this chapter contradicts everything that has been previously written. What Sakura did wasn't cool, but fits her, Sasuke's response for all of that fits him too.

About all the Sakura bashing, yes, I agree that loving someone who did all those things with her isn't something to be proud of, well, even she said that. But it's not something new that Sakura is a character with a lot of ups and downs. And defending her, I think she did that because she was really desperate. I don't think she was lying, but I also don't think she was just confessing him and desperately wanting him back, Sakura herself said that she is tired of this, she wants no more war, fights. So yes, she was desperate, but to try to bring peace back, go back to those times when team 7 worked together, she wants this Sasuke crap to be over too.  And for those who say she didn't care about Naruto receiving death threats, honestly, saying "Don't you dare killing Naruto" would be a great NS moment, but a stupid act since Sasuke wouldn't change his mind with that and she couldn't stop him. What she did was try to stop Sasuke with touching words and with that, she would bring him back, save Naruto's life and end all this crap, so, as Naruto said, they could "live happily ever after" as team 7. Though all of us knew it wouldn't work. She wasn't there just to confess her feelings like Hinata (who knew she couldn't do kitten), she was trying to convince Sasuke to return and save everyone's asses. It wasn't just "Sasuke, I love you!", it was "Sasuke, I love you, so please stop this kitten!"

Now, from a NaruSaku perspective, don't act butthurt. Sakura never said she hasn't developed feelings for Naruto, all that she said is that she still has feelings for Sasuke. That doesn't make it impossible for her love for Naruto to surpass the one for Sasuke. If it hasn't happened yet and she just didn't realize, of course. So don't say SS has a ground to stand by and we haven't. Also, there are still ways of making NS canon without making it look asspulled (like with the bench scene as the main reason). We didn't lose all of our development just because Sakura hasn't moved on Sasuke yet. Yet, guys, there's still time for that. 

If Sakura suddenly said she moved on Sasuke and loves Naruto now, people would ask about all of that concern about him (Sasuke-kuning), remembering him when she rejected the guy at the war arc, and they would doubt her words. Making it the way Kishi did made sense, none of us doubted it. Except for the Sasuke's part bc SS fans still think he loves her. --' But reasonable readers wouldn't doubt any of the words said there. So now, if Kishi makes Sakura's reflection about all of this and if she moves on Sasuke and chooses Naruto, realizing her feelings for him, we will all know when and how that happened and it will be more clear.

So, do you guys really think Kishi is contradicting himself? 

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#2 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

The reason I like NaruSaku is because it has been hinted at Sakura's feelings for Naruto. That's the one thing that really makes this pairing better than others. There's actual reciprocation going on, and that just doesn't happen in Naruto and Sasuke's perspective. I think your right. Kishi has been implying for a long time now, that her feelings for Sasuke were still there. I guess we kind of got caught up in Sakura's developing and changing feelings - that we automatically assumed she moved on from Sasuke. She obviously hasn't moved on from Sasuke, whether or not her feelings for Sasuke are negative now (which they are). I'm still hoping Sakura will have her resolution soon (in regards to her feelings). When she's not desperate, and emotional, but just... levelheaded.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#3 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

I've been saying this:

Let's talk about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. Okay, how does this work? Do you all wanted her to be over Sasuke because for us it has been years. For Sakura, it has been a week. Let me explain myself. We've know Sakura loved Sasuke back in Part 1. Didn't we? When Part 2 began we knew Sakura still loved him. What 2 years or 3 would do? Her feelings were on stand-by. All that she had was "good memories" about him. Even if he was blunt, even if he reacted bad sometimes, Sakura excuses Sasuke for his behaviour. For her, he's just blinded with angry and pain. For her, Sasuke was more than just this cold and apathetic guy, because he has worried for his teammates before, and he left with a thank you. She hopes this time she can reach him.

Nothing of this changed until Land of Iron's arc. When she finds out Sasuke has become a criminal, her hope decreases. And...where did this happen? One week before this scenary. Even if she has developed feelings for Naruto, which she has. You can't expect her to get over Sasuke in one week, even after what he did... Can you get over your ex boyfrind/girlfriend or whatever in one week? Can you?

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#4 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Explanation: Sakura's a woman.

There, that should make sense.

WqQwzgf.gif

#5 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

I realized that the problem is not that he's inconsistent, but that he's actually consistent in degrading characters. Usually, when reading a story, you would expect a character to grow. But Kishi is never interested in correcting their major flaws. You'd expect Hinata to develop from staying as a wallpaper with only the ability to say "Naruto-kun" to a respectful kunoichi. You'd expect Karin to stop acting like a dog in heat after she said, "I shouldn't care about Sasuke" when he used her and chidori'd her. You'd expect Naruto to stop acting like a love sick puppy the moment Sasuke starts to hurt his friends and start to actually try to defend them. You'd expect Sakura to learn that desperate love confessions don't work and stop repeating the same mistakes. But no. He doesn't do this.

So regarding characters he may not be contradicting them, but he surely did sacrifice and damage them for the sake of plot. And that's the big problem I have with him.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 28 September 2014 - 10:14 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#6 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

I've been saying this:
Let's talk about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. Okay, how does this work? Do you all wanted her to be over Sasuke because for us it has been years. For Sakura, it has been a week. Let me explain myself. We've know Sakura loved Sasuke back in Part 1. Didn't we? When Part 2 began we knew Sakura still loved him. What 2 years or 3 would do? Her feelings were on stand-by. All that she had was "good memories" about him. Even if he was blunt, even if he reacted bad sometimes, Sakura excuses Sasuke for his behaviour. For her, he's just blinded with angry and pain. For her, Sasuke was more than just this cold and apathetic guy, because he has worried for his teammates before, and he left with a thank you. She hopes this time she can reach him.
Nothing of this changed until Land of Iron's arc. When she finds out Sasuke has become a criminal, her hope decreases. And...where did this happen? One week before this scenary. Even if she has developed feelings for Naruto, which she has. You can't expect her to get over Sasuke in one week, even after what he did... Can you get over your ex boyfrind/girlfriend or whatever in one week? Can you?

So it's been week since sasuke tried to killl her?

But she can get over him in an hour?

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

The only character that looks like they contradict themselves is Kakashi. Naruto looks like a hypocrite. Sakura....actually, Sakura has never went back on her word or ever was a hypocrite. Not really. She has been a walking confliction, but that was the story that was chosen for her. So her role is pretty much been that way for a while.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

I believe she already has abandoned the desire to be with him romantically. She just want to save him.

However, i don't think she will get over him in one hour either...That's why i believe the pairing will be solved in the movie ;__;

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#9 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

I've been saying this:

Not just that, but we've been always getting hints of both Sakura's feelings for Naruto increasing and for Sasuke, never leaving. 

Explanation: Sakura's a woman.

There, that should make sense.

Hm... didn't get that, are you saying Kishimoto is sexist?

It would be actually the junction of that week, this hour and all the time she passed with Naruto. 

The only character that looks like they contradict themselves is Kakashi. Naruto looks like a hypocrite. Sakura....actually, Sakura has never went back on her word or ever was a hypocrite. Not really. She has been a walking confliction, but that was the story that was chosen for her. So her role is pretty much been that way for a while.

I don't see Naruto as a hypocrite and I don't think Kakashi wanted Sasuke to correspond her feelings (aka pro-SS), only to be more considerate to her since she cares so much about him. 

I realized that the problem is not that he's inconsistent, but that he's actually consistent in degrading characters. Usually, when reading a story, you would expect a character to grow. But Kishi is never interested in correcting their major flaws. You'd expect Hinata to develop from staying as a wallpaper with only the ability to say "Naruto-kun" to a respectful kunoichi. You'd expect Karin to stop acting like a dog in heat after she said, "I shouldn't care about Sasuke" when he used her and chidori'd her. You'd expect Naruto to stop acting like a love sick puppy the moment Sasuke starts to hurt his friends and start to actually try to defend them. You'd expect Sakura to learn that desperate love confessions don't work and stop repeating the same mistakes. But no. He doesn't do this.

So regarding characters he may not be contradicting them, but he surely did sacrifice and damage them for the sake of plot. And that's the big problem I have with him.

I have to agree with you, as I said, it might be bad writing since the characters barely change or make progress when it comes to personality (except for the villains, who always do lol), but it makes sense as a story itself, no contradictions there. Even in the pairing subject, with all the teasing, he is still able to maintain the consistence of the story and let everyone in character. 

#10 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

I can't accept that. All of part 2 is a wash to me.

She poured our her hear and soul to sasuke. She has never done that before to naruto. Another sad thing is the main LI for sakura has been sasuke and we get what a panel and a movie. Sigh....

I enjoyed all of the build up of NS in part 2 and this killed it it for me. Sorry.

I know NS is going to happen, but her crush turned into love that is deep when she was with naruto.

#11 shisui

shisui

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

At points, yes.

#12 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

I can't accept that. All of part 2 is a wash to me.

She poured our her hear and soul to sasuke. She has never done that before to naruto. Another sad thing is the main LI for sakura has been sasuke and we get what a panel and a movie. Sigh....

I enjoyed all of the build up of NS in part 2 and this killed it it for me. Sorry.

I know NS is going to happen, but her crush turned into love that is deep when she was with naruto.

spoiler

This speaks more than words. Her thoughts are selfless, unlike her words to Sasuke, she never tried to understand Sasuke, and she can't. 

At points, yes.

Mind telling why? 

Edited by Naruko, 28 September 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#13 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

NS4Life, you are the one from NF by chance?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#14 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

NS4Life, you are the one from NF by chance?

No. I only come here for anything related to naruto.

#15 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:50 AM

This speaks more than words. Her thoughts are selfless, unlike her words to Sasuke, she never tried to understand Sasuke, and she can't. 

Wow. I can't agree with this more.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

#16 Aslan

Aslan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:39 AM

spoiler

Agreed. There is more to her than just "Sasuke-kun..". Action speaks louder, NS embodies this. Something that her love for Sasuke can't even begin to comprehend.

f3a84606-2c3e-4f4e-8cce-14e0f2502fde_zps

#17 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

spoiler

Mind telling why?

She cares about his dream. She wants him to make his dream to come true. She stated this in part 1.

Kishi made sakura say love in the romantic sense to sasuke in front of naruto. It's messed up.

It's even more messed up for sakura to feel death from sasuke to get over him. IMO, sakura's love for sasuke shouldn't be this strong.

#18 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

It's even more messed up for sakura to feel death from sasuke to get over him. IMO, sakura's love for sasuke shouldn't be this strong.

In the romantic sense, it really isn't anymore. But in the caring sense... I mean this is Sakura.

#19 *- ZerΩ -*

*- ZerΩ -*

D E J A V U

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Sports-> Football,Basketball
    Video Games,The Mentalist,Supernatural..etc

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

And for those who say she didn't care about Naruto receiving death threats, honestly, saying "Don't you dare killing Naruto" would be a great NS moment, but a stupid act since Sasuke wouldn't change his mind with that and she couldn't stop him.

As if "Sasuke-kuuun i love you!! Please DONT do this!!" would have stop him from doing so...

As if she didnt try that sometimes and it ended up getting stabbed by him...

So yes... saying "Dont you DARE killing Naruto" ,would be more reasonable and make much much, much more sense..

But what would you expect from her?

When Naruto said to Sakuke "If we fight again.. we will both DIE.." instead of caring for her teammate, who stood beside her for all these years... 

she was like "I know i cant do much....but ill have to believe in both of them.."

Believe in what? Killing themselfs? Getting again stabbed by Sasuke kun?

Good job Sakura...Good job...

Edited by *- ZerΩ -*, 29 September 2014 - 06:45 AM.

tumblr_n09oo96JLS1sqdj5ko1_500.jpg

#20 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

remember how itachi cast that genjutsu izanagi or whatever it's called on kabuto and he changed from it. i think this is how it's going to be with sakura she'll break out of the genjutsu no longer liking sauce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users