#4941 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

The west took over.

I thought Hinata was popular in Japan though?  Isn't she the traditional Japanese wife moe type while Sakura is the liberated western girl?  No offense to Japan.

Well Kishimoto said Bolt was the "Bolt" keeping nH together. It is quite obvious that kishi hates the ending by this point. He most likely knew the ending was a bad idea but he wanted out and SJ and SP own the rights to the story. So what can he do? And he probably hoped that nH was what the fans really wanted and that the clowns at sp actually had the ability to tell a love story. 

Pathetic how it took a child to keep Naruto and Hinata together.  That doesn't even happen in real life.  I think there's one thing we can agree on: Kishimoto didn't love and care for his characters and story in the way that we did.

sometimes i wonder if narusaku would have happened if naruto were made from korea, or china. do the chinese, or koreans' use honorifics' to? i wonder what naruto, and sakura's names' would have been?

I dunno, "Naruto" and "Sakura" still sound pretty Asian to me.

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 20 March 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#4942 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

I thought Hinata was popular in Japan though?  Isn't she the traditional Japanese wife moe type while Sakura is the liberated western girl?  No offense to Japan.

Pathetic how it took a child to keep Naruto and Hinata together.  That doesn't even happen in real life.  I think there's one thing we can agree on: Kishimoto didn't love and care for his characters and story in the way that we did.

She does, but it's not nearly as lop-sided in Japan as it is in the US from what I've seen and it's why things like The Last tried to pander internationally since it actually, after the first day, pretty much flopped in Japan (in which a lot of money was made primarily due to refusing refunds to people who had already pre-ordered tickets while thinking there was going to be a lot more Sasuke and Kakashi involvement due to false advertising). Sadly, a large number of males here in the US prefer mindless, submissive and obedient sex slaves rather than equal partners in a real relationship.

And it does actually. Some parents, despite whatever problems they may have, refuse to get divorces simply because they don't want to put their children through the experience of being separated from one of the parents. Though in Naruto/Sasuke's case, there's really not that much of a problem as they're barely home as it is and it's obvious that the children don't have that deep a (realistic) bond with their fathers. Salad literally having not known Sasuke her whole life while Naruto is away so much, merely sending Kage Bunshin to do stuff with the family, that he may as well have not been there at all either.

2e5.gif

#4943 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

Hinata is popular but remember she barely flesh out in the actual story and their are better representation of the moe girl in other stories. Also most of her fan there were Neji Hinata not nH. Tsundere have been common in anime/manga stories for decades while the moe girls have only really been popular in the last two decades. I don't know enough to comment on why tsundere are popular in japan.So let someone else with actual sources can answer that. 

As for the popularity of Naruto in japan right now. The common people in Japan all realize what happened like we did and don't care for naruto anymore. The people that still do are the otaku, and the foreigners according to what people are saying.

Also sakura was incredibly popular in japan and still is.

I think kishi did enjoy writing his story and did care for his characters. The problem is that he believed that no one else liked his story or his characters and the only thing the fans wanted was nH. Because that what his new editors wanted him to think. What we have now is a tried bitter man that realized that the people around him were betraying and undermining him. Not for the betterment of the companies and the franchises profits or even their own but for their own fetish pairing.

#4944 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

She does, but it's not nearly as lop-sided in Japan as it is in the US from what I've seen and it's why things like The Last tried to pander internationally since it actually, after the first day, pretty much flopped in Japan (in which a lot of money was made primarily due to refusing refunds to people who had already pre-ordered tickets while thinking there was going to be a lot more Sasuke and Kakashi involvement due to false advertising). Sadly, a large number of males here in the US prefer mindless, submissive and obedient sex slaves rather than equal partners in a real relationship.

And it does actually. Some parents, despite whatever problems they may have, refuse to get divorces simply because they don't want to put their children through the experience of being separated from one of the parents. Though in Naruto/Sasuke's case, there's really not that much of a problem as they're barely home as it is and it's obvious that the children don't have that deep a (realistic) bond with their fathers. Salad literally having not known Sasuke her whole life while Naruto is away so much, merely sending Kage Bunshin to do stuff with the family, that he may as well have not been there at all either.

No, he was there for the first ten years. Remember he only became hokage very recently by the time we see them again. The novels and everything else hints that after the war that Naruto had nothing to but to spend time with hinata and his family. So his brats are awful. Despite the fact he was with them every day at home for at least the first ten years of their lives. After he became hokage he preferred to stay in his office, and just send shadow clones to his family. Which says how much he hates spending time with his family.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 March 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#4945 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:20 AM

Does anyone here speak german?

I was bored on youtube and stumbled upon a guy named Kritik. Saw a video of his that wasn't bad, so decided to what another video. Saw he reviewed the last and wanted to see what he thought of it. Then discovered that he only may have done only that one video in English and most likely does all his reviews in German. Probably should have realized that when he said his audience was normally German speaking. So now I'll have Naruto on my youtube recommendation list for the next few weeks. With nothing to show for it.

So can someone tell what this guy is even saying:https://www.youtube....h?v=PhtwTuzTeqY

#4946 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

Alright folks so my long awaited review on the Boruto Movie is finally here,  and watch the entire video from start to finish.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#4947 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

While transferring his chakra into Boruto's Rasengan, Naruto was also able to somehow convey his memories of his past, detailing his suffering and struggles while fulfilling his dream to become Hokage.

quote from the wiki, about the last battle

this really irk me for some reason.. the way they keep pushing naruto's sad past like it's all that define him, it's so obnoxious... i hate that naruto's being made to look like some figure we should feel sorry about.

Edited by Hanabi, 05 August 2016 - 07:55 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#4948 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

"While transferring his chakra into Boruto's Rasengan, Naruto was also able to somehow convey his memories of his past, detailing his suffering and struggles while fulfilling his dream to become Hokage."

quote from the wiki, about the last battle

this really irk me for some reason.. the way they keep pushing naruto's sad past like it's all that define him, it's so obnoxious... i hate that naruto's being made to look like some figure we should feel sorry about.

...Wow what bull kitten. Even the writer of that statement realize was  bs is that is. He was somehow(?) able to convey his memories while give his son charakra. Remember this story is kishimoto giving a moral lesson to his kids about how they should love and respect him even though he has never really been involved in their lives.

#4949 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:57 AM

You know it just donned on me, we've still yet to hear any announcement on the dub for Boruto, hmm I wonder what's taking forever it cause The gap between the dub of RTN and the Last was about 6 months.

#4950 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

You know it just donned on me, we've still yet to hear any announcement on the dub for Boruto, hmm I wonder what's taking forever it cause The gap between the dub of RTN and the Last was about 6 months.

It's not going to happen imo. I think most ppl hav moved on from Naruto, even the NH and SS vultures and those who remain aren't hardcore enough to spend money. We have entered the last leg of Naruto's run, all that's left is the last breath.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#4951 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:47 AM

Wait it hasn't come out yet? They couldn't wait to get the last in US theaters and i figured they decided to dub Bolt for the comic con screening. Let me look at the wiki. Oh that's cute. They have adult Bolt for their image of him. Even they know no one likes the brat so they tried going with one they could argue was at least badass looking if nothing else.

It's not going to happen imo. I think most ppl hav moved on from Naruto, even the NH and SS vultures and those who remain aren't hardcore enough to spend money. We have entered the last leg of Naruto's run, all that's left is the last breath.

Well, if they haven't released it or even announced it by this point? Then they have abandon the US nH and SS fanbase. Seeing as that was one of the main things they were banking on by going with that ending. They are on their last leg. The nH and SS were never even fans enough to spend money. They got what they wanted and left. The only reason they stuck around so long was one) to bask in the glory and two) because even they know that the ending is crap and needed to justify themselves. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 September 2016 - 05:02 AM.

#4952 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

Well it's not like anyone but social inept losers like foreneverworld are gonna watch it anyway :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4953 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

Speaking of Dubs I do like the Dub of RTN. Now that movie was a masterpiece save for the part where Sakura says Sasuke would understand her about not wanting to have parents. The focus is on Naruto and his Family, not some dumb a ss pull pairing. And the fight scenes and that part where Naruto puts on the Kage cloak just like his father were so good. 

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#4954 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

Speaking of Dubs I do like the Dub of RTN. Now that movie was a masterpiece save for the part where Sakura says Sasuke would understand her about not wanting to have parents. The focus is on Naruto and his Family, not some dumb a ss pull pairing. And the fight scenes and that part where Naruto puts on the Kage cloak just like his father were so good. 

Same, I think it's one of the best dubbings from Naruto anime. 

That is one thing I really liked about RTN too was that it focused on Naruto in his family, and also getting development on Sakura for her to know what it's like to live with the circumstances that Naruto goes through on a daily basis. He gets to learn how life is like dealing with parents like her, and she gets to learn what's it like living alone.

I'm going to be honest, RTN and I think Storm 2 and 3 are the only Naruto related things I've still kept after the ending.  Everything else I sold.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 14 September 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#4955 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Same, I think it's one of the best dubbings from Naruto anime. 

That is one thing I really liked about RTN too was that it focused on Naruto in his family, and also getting development on Sakura for her to know what it's like to live with the circumstances that Naruto goes through on a daily basis. He gets to learn how life is like dealing with parents like her, and she gets to learn what's it like living alone.

I'm going to be honest, RTN and I think Storm 2 and 3 are the only Naruto related things I've still kept after the ending.  Everything else I sold.  

Kept Storm 2 but I haven't played it in a while. I do like Storm 3's story in that it respected the characters and was all MinatoXKushina AND hammered in the fact that Naruto was like his FATHER. NUNS 4 I never really cared for except for the ending. Kate Higgins has always been one of my favorite VAs and while I know a lot of ppl prefer the subs, it's clear that the Dub actors hated the ending. The reason why I like the end is twofold. The first is that the Storm series always handles the story well and the ending music is fantastic. I still get pumped when Sasuke says, "That task belongs to us .....Ninja" and then it shoots to Naruto. But the second reason is bc the VAs for the english dub sound monotonous as possible when they give their lines, especially Sasuke and Sakura. But when Sakura calls Naruto over after Sasuke turns and leaves right before the end, that one word is so full of emotion that you know which couple she liked in the end.

Love this ending soundtrack

#4956 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

Kept Storm 2 but I haven't played it in a while. I do like Storm 3's story in that it respected the characters and was all MinatoXKushina AND hammered in the fact that Naruto was like his FATHER. NUNS 4 I never really cared for except for the ending. Kate Higgins has always been one of my favorite VAs and while I know a lot of ppl prefer the subs, it's clear that the Dub actors hated the ending. The reason why I like the end is twofold. The first is that the Storm series always handles the story well and the ending music is fantastic. I still get pumped when Sasuke says, "That task belongs to us .....Ninja" and then it shoots to Naruto. But the second reason is bc the VAs for the english dub sound monotonous as possible when they give their lines, especially Sasuke and Sakura. But when Sakura calls Naruto over after Sasuke turns and leaves right before the end, that one word is so full of emotion that you know which couple she liked in the end.

Love this ending soundtrack

Looks like I wasn't one who thought that. 

#4957 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:07 AM

What would you say was Kate Higgins best performance?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4958 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

I'd say Road to Ninja!

Oh and the episode where Naruto comes back to the village after defeating Pain.

#4959 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

I'd say her confessions. Both the first Sasusaku confession and the NaruSaku confession are very well done and full of emotion. I liked her a lot when she shouted naruto during the pain arc. Her worst performance has to be 699 in UNS4, just kind of dull for the forehead poke moment(Which is fine by me)

#4960 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

I'd say her confessions. Both the first Sasusaku confession and the NaruSaku confession are very well done and full of emotion. I liked her a lot when she shouted naruto during the pain arc. Her worst performance has to be 699 in UNS4, just kind of dull for the forehead poke moment(Which is fine by me)

You could tell she's ashamed of the latest work.

509356167_759751.gif?4

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users