• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#52981 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 15 March 2021 - 01:10 AM

the only "NaruHina" moment I want to see is Naruto using Hinata as a meatshield against an enemy's attack to get the feel for the villain's power

and then throwing her to the side when she can't serve the shielding purpose anymore.

Hinata can't be dynamic. She's the perfect background character. She shows up, does something typical, you react to it (usually by laughing, let's be honest here), then leaves. She doesn't have depth and can't survive being the focus for long. Just brief periods and it is easy to appreciate her in that context because again she's narrow, you know what to expect from her, and it's like "lol, of course".

Trying to take her very seriously or make her a protagonist doesn't work because no part of her is like that. She was usually played as a joke. Are there little girls who admire Hinata and want to be like her?

From a neutral fan perspective, making Sakura look like s** doesn't help with this because Sakura already looked like s***. But Sakura was never played as a JOKE.

I don't think it works well to pair the hero with a joke character. They've stopped playing Hinata as the joke but it doesn't help because she had very little to offer beyond this.

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#52982 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:13 AM

I think, the main problem Pierrot is facing off, are the personalities of both Naruto and Hinata. In almost every shonen there is the hero sometimes selfish, dumb, an hyperactive and the main girl who controls him. But Hinata don't have the personality so make something like that is just too OOC. It's like if Piccoro start to be a pervert or Robin starts to hit luffy instead of nami.

#52983 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:02 AM

Absolutely agreed. that is the very dynamic of a simple minded and some what moronic Shonen protagonist and a female tsundere. the girl has the grit and attitude to keep the idiot MC in line

Hinata can't be dynamic. She's the perfect background character. She shows up, does something typical, you react to it (usually by laughing, let's be honest here), then leaves. She doesn't have depth and can't survive being the focus for long. Just brief periods and it is easy to appreciate her in that context because again she's narrow, you know what to expect from her, and it's like "lol, of course".

Trying to take her very seriously or make her a protagonist doesn't work because no part of her is like that. She was usually played as a joke. Are there little girls who admire Hinata and want to be like her?

From a neutral fan perspective, making Sakura look like s** doesn't help with this because Sakura already looked like s***. But Sakura was never played as a JOKE.

I don't think it works well to pair the hero with a joke character. They've stopped playing Hinata as the joke but it doesn't help because she had very little to offer beyond this.

The sad part is that she could have been more than that, but no-one AND I MEAN NO-ONE that called them selves her "true fans" was interested in her being anymore than Naruto's exclusive "dutchwife"  :hm:

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 March 2021 - 11:05 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#52984 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:47 AM

Even IF you were to take anime fillers of Boruto into account, There is barely anything supporting the TRUE LOVE NH and SS fans imagining themselves seeing. It doesn't change the fact that Sasuke left his family for 12 years of his own volition and pops up once a blue moon and during those times is more interested in training Boruto than spending time with Sarada. It doesn't change the fact that Naruto ignored a home made lunch from Hinata and doesn't seem the slightest bit interested returning the affection she shows even during the rare occasions he's home. Well what else is new? It was the exact same thing with Naruto where the so called moments between NH and SS added nothing but fuel to their one-track minded cultists' imaginations, as it didn't affect actual story events.

Even the filler arcs in Boruto is more interested in trying to make them seem like (slightly) better fathers than they are husbands to their wives. Sure putting your kids before a romance IS true for many parents but I see manga/anime married couples every now and then show SOME romance aspects still, so I don't what the excuse is here.  Same thing for When SS and NH ACTUALLY MARRIED, nothing was stopping them from having moments, but Kishi just straight up wasn't interested.

Well I haven't seen anything in the anime for awhile...which I am very happy with. Sasuke popped into the village every once in a blue moon to talk to Naruto. He avoided talking to Sakura or Sarada for 12 years. Once he started training Bolt he was in the village far more often.

They put up with the boys not caring for the girls throughout Naruto because they figured they would return the love once they realized how wonderful they were they would have this great romance filled with sex. While relying on fanfiction and sexual fantasies to sustain them. Instead they got blue balls.

As for the focus of trying to make them better fathers over being better husbands? Well, this is an anime that is targeted at young kids. Parents will tolerate their kids seeing a loveless marriage but they don't want their kids seeing the children neglected because then the kids may draw parallels to their own rearing. 

In summary studio pierrot is a dog chasing cars and NaruHina is the car. They never had any idea what they would with it upon catching it. Which is why Boruto (nor even the original anime) spends ZERO time actually showcasing the dynamics of Naruto and Hinata's relationship. That's because there are NONE. It's so bad that they've had to outright STEAL personality quirks from Sakura (i.e. Hinata is a "scary" mom, LMAO!!!!).

Little wonder that a man who can literally be in one thousand places at once (as well as simultaneously fight 1000 different highly complex ninja battles ) never seems to find the time to be home. There is quite literally NOTHING there for him. He'd rather drown himself in paper work than spend time with someone whose entire personality can be boiled down to "naruto-kun."

This also explains why he gets his @ss handed to him so much in Boruto. He no longer has any motivation to perform like he did in the original series. Sakura-chan is gone, so what's the point in putting up a fight against lame akatsuki ripoffs? Perhaps there's a part of him that actually WANTS to die, which is why we never see him showcase any of the busted abilities he gained during the war arc. He keeps hoping and praying that one of these lame villains will finally put him out of his misery, but they're just too lame to accomplish that.

In their minds, there wasn't anything else they needed to do but put Naruto and Hinata together because Hinata getting everything she ever wanted is perfect and people should just realize this. Problem is the person overall in charge of writing said story and setting up the sequel doesn't get Hinata's appeal. And for some reason or another decided to add drama into what is suppose to be a perfect flawless relationship. 

He did seem pretty indifferent even accepting when he thought he was going to die, and only because Ikemoto can't display emotions on the characters that we didn't see shock horror remorse regret or any other emotion when Kurama informed Naruto he would live while the fox died instead.

Pretty much. Kishimoto wasn't interested in her so he didn't really add anything to her even once he started using her more. While SP loved her the way she is and even stripped her personality down even more till all she was nothing but 'in love with Naruto.' That's fine when you just leave her to her supporters' fantasies. However, putting as the new heroine means displaying her to the general readers who will have to now form an opinion of her when they didn't have to before, and see how lacking she is.

I think, the main problem Pierrot is facing off, are the personalities of both Naruto and Hinata. In almost every shonen there is the hero sometimes selfish, dumb, an hyperactive and the main girl who controls him. But Hinata don't have the personality so make something like that is just too OOC. It's like if Piccoro start to be a pervert or Robin starts to hit luffy instead of nami.

Most shounen go with the moron and the Tsudere because their interactions can be interesting or funny or something else. The shy girl isn't as interesting as normally all they do is fret and panic on the sidelines while the main character does something stupid. Also since they are more polite they tend not to get involved in situations unless dragged in means they don't tend to do anything that can be seen as interesting unless it happens to them.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 March 2021 - 08:43 AM.

#52985 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:22 AM

Well I haven't seen anything in the anime for awhile...which I am very happy with. Sasuke popped in to the village every once in a blue moon to talk to Naruto. He avoided talking to Sakura or Sarada for 12 years. Once he started training Bolt he was in the village far more often.

They put up with the boys not caring for the girls throughout Naruto because they figured they would return the love once they realized how wonderful they were they would have this great romance filled with sex. While relying on fanfiction and sexual fantasies to sustain them. Instead they got blue balls.

As for the focus of trying to make them better fathers over being better husbands? Well, this is an anime that is targeted at young kids. Parents will tolerate their kids seeing a loveless marriage but they don't want their kids seeing the children neglected because then the kids may draw parallels to their own rearing. 

In their minds, there wasn't anything else they needed to do but put Naruto and Hinata together because Hinata getting everything she ever wanted is perfect and people should just realize this. Problem is the person overall in charge of writing said story and setting up the sequel doesn't get Hinata's appeal. And for some reason or another decided to add drama into what is suppose to be a perfect flawless relationship. 

He did seem pretty indifferent even accepting when he thought he was going to die, and only because Ikemoto can't display emotions on the characters that we didn't see shock horror remorse regret or any other emotion when Kurama informed Naruto he would live while the fox died instead.

Pretty much. Kishimoto wasn't interested in her so he didn't really add anything to her even once he started using her more. While SP loved her the way she is and even stripped her personality down even more till all she was nothing but 'in love with Naruto.' That's fine when you just leave her to her supporters' fantasies. However, putting as the new heroine means displaying her to the general readers who will have to now form an opinion of her when they didn't have to before, and see how lacking she is.

Most shounen go with the moron and the Tsudere because their interactions can be interesting or funny or something else. The shy girl isn't as interesting as normally all they do is fret and panic on the sidelines while the main character does something stupid. Also since they are more polite they tend not to get involved in situations unless dragged in means they don't tend to do anything that can be seen as interesting unless it happens to them.

Well said, Bail!

#52986 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:11 AM

It's so frustrating that so many fandoms have a huge amount of shippers who only see things as 'cute'. Doesn't matter if one of the characters is less interesting than a blank piece of cardboard. 
Bonus points if the girl:
>Has a tragic backstory that quickly gets resolved and/or swept under the rug
>Is cute 
>Doesn't do much
>Has a crush on MC
>Has zero personality

All it has to be is very cute. Only requirement. 

And people seem to LOVE ships where the girl is like that. They just CAN'T GET ENOUGH. They don't have the reading comprehension or skill to understand that those traits are 1000000% bad. It's like consuming sugar. You love it. It's addicting. It's appealing to your senses. But man, it's actually horrible. Just the worst.

I've seen series where a girl who fits that exact frame was purposefully made the *main heroine*. Literally had nothing going for her but being an assistant and having a crush on MC. In a series where everything is compelling and deep, she's the stain. I hate her as much as Hinata.
Hinata *actually* had a chance at one point to be more compelling. It was right there, in the story, laid out before her and everyone. Her. Clan.
Where she beat the odds, grew up and actually fixed the clan as the head. 
But Studio Pierrot and her fans laughed and said "Screw that!", threw it into the garbage dump and boiled her down to "nawooto-kooooon uwu" all while saying that's *all* she needed to be the perfect princess goddess moeblob. To sit there with her legs spread and call for Naruto the entire time.
If I didn't hate Hinata with my entire being, I might have actually felt sorry for her that everyone just kind of ripped everything actually worth something and meaningful from her character so she can be a brainless house mother with zero personality and zero purpose other than stealing everyone's oxygen.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 16 March 2021 - 08:12 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#52987 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:01 PM

Shipping wars 2.0 have started already. 

Sarada vs Sumire (Over Boruto.)

I will watch the mess from afar and laugh LMAO

#52988 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

I feel like it was already a thing since Sumire was introduced in the anime, but that it's more so grown since then.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#52989 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:48 PM

I feel like it was already a thing since Sumire was introduced in the anime, but that it's more so grown since then.

That was the purpose of her existence. To be the new Hinata. It was clear form the first scene you see her in both the anime and the manga. That's why I call her the clone.

I assume this is from the raws? I cover it when theirs a translation...Oh the down time chapter is setting up the parings? ...Great.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 March 2021 - 04:52 PM.

#52990 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:07 PM

As much I liked Sarada's design (her initial one), let those idiots duke it out. Hopefully karma will come while I sit here with my cup of iced tea on hand.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#52991 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:30 PM

Oh I PLAN TO :yes:

On that note I just want to state this again. Not that I actually care if Sumire wins, but I'm only rooting for her because I want these pro enders to get a taste of their own hypocrisy. Boruto can have all the development he wants with Sarada, and then poof he's dating/ marrying Sumire. And when the the Naruto X Hinata fans that are pro BoruSara start "reading the riot act" on how Boruto and Sarada had development and Sumire is just a side character that was barely there I will those those same arguments back in their faces regarding their crack pairing. Not that I expect to convince them of anything, but it will FEEL SOOOOO GOOD :kukuku:

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 March 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#52992 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:35 PM

Oh I PLAN TO :yes:

On that note I just want to state this again. Not that I actually care if Sumire wins, but I'm only rooting for her because I want these pro enders to get a taste of their own hypocrisy. Boruto can have all the development he wants with Sarada, and then poof he's dating/ marrying Sumire. And when the the Naruto X Hinata fans that are pro BoruSara start "reading the riot act" on how Boruto and Sarada had development and Sumire is just a side character that was barely there I will those those same arguments back in their faces regarding their crack pairing. Not that I expect to convince them of anything, but it will FEEL SOOOOO GOOD :kukuku:

ironically Sumire has more depth to her character due to her tragic family background and motivation than Sarada has so far...  Plus from what I remember from the anime (up to the movie content) is that Boruto and Sumire do have more chemistry than NaruHina... not that I really care, but it would be pretty hillarious nonetheless lol 

#52993 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:12 AM

Hmm, facinating, but not really. Did they have actual development though? that is the key here? Or did they have about as much as NH?

#52994 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:39 AM

Hmm, facinating, but not really. Did they have actual development though? that is the key here? Or did they have about as much as NH?

who really knows... guess we'll figure it out whenever the story comes to a close.

though I do think it'll be funny to see BoruSumi become canon just to see the outrage from whatever is left from the naruto fandom.

#52995 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:40 AM

Why did they ever thought bringing a second love triangle would be a good idea when the first one destroyed the naruto fandom

#52996 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 04:13 AM

Why did they ever thought bringing a second love triangle would be a good idea when the first one destroyed the naruto fandom

Because theyre idiots, thats why!

#52997 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:00 AM

Sumire has been more involve in the plot and more plot relevant then Hinata ever was (mostly by simply existing) so I'm not entirely against her. The problem is that Boruto's dream is to be Salad's hitman. So, whether he gets together with her or not. She still has to be a major character in the story. She can't be shoved to the side like her mother was or what is the point of Boruto's dream? Therefor what's the point of this manga's story!?

#52998 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 18 March 2021 - 06:29 AM

I'm not even going to watch it. It involves two evil spawns of a steaming pile of **** pairings and one generation 2.0 of an existing steaming pile of toxic ****. No matter the outcome, it's only going to be a freshly dumped steaming pile of **** either way.  :zaru:  

They already started eating each other once their cancer ships happened. The truce is off. Lot's of head-empty Hinatatas vs hollow husk-of-her-former-self Sakura fans going at each other's throats.
All it is, is a new form of Hinatatas vs Sakura. And after the first train wreak, I'm not wasting my time even laughing at it. Kishimoto already owes me 10 years of my time. He has quite the debt. And no. I will not accept any payments including or involving burrito and his generation. 
To be honest, the only way he can even come close to repaying me is erase Burrito, the last and this ending from existence, make NaruSaku happen as the true ending, kill off Hinatata since he has no interest in actually making her worth anyone's time, confess why he let this ending happen in the first place and then apologize for the rest of his days.
But even then, I wouldn't consider it paid back in full.

And that's just me personally. He still has to answer to the rest of the (sane) fandom, NS fans and his own fuggin' wife AND Naruto's seiyuu.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#52999 luans7

luans7

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:14 AM

Why NH / SS fandom say that Pierrot favored NS? :twitch:

became a truth in Boruto  :hm:

#53000 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:01 PM

Sumire has been more involve in the plot and more plot relevant then Hinata ever was (mostly by simply existing) so I'm not entirely against her. The problem is that Boruto's dream is to be Salad's hitman. So, whether he gets together with her or not. She still has to be a major character in the story. She can't be shoved to the side like her mother was or what is the point of Boruto's dream? Therefor what's the point of this manga's story!?

Well they ruined Naruto’s story for pairings so It’s not unprecedented in any case. That said, It doesn’t seem likely they will cast aside Sarada even if she’s not a couple with Boruto because she’s popular at least. I’m not asking for her to be casted aside or for the exact same thing to happen. I’m just saying If hypocrisy rears it’s head in the wrecked shambles of this series’ fandom, which is fans getting showing indignation that Boruto gets together with Sumire despite being “developed” with Sarada I will take the first chance to bash their own logic into the heads of the hypocrites. That’s all I’m saying personally. Again, it may not do anything but I’ll have fun at least.

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 March 2021 - 04:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users