#1 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

Oh man, what a cop out. So Kakashi was dead, but now he's not. Shizune was dead, and now she's not. Dammit, this arc started with such promise, and turned into another "Death is Cheap" story.

At least I was right about Konan. That's something, at least.

#2 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:35 AM

Though I wont go into the intricacies about the arc in general, I enjoyed the story for what it was, and look forward to the beginning of the next arc.

It seems now that Naruto will have quite a bit of clout in Konoha, and has the backing of Ame now too. Not to mention Nagato and Konan leaving Akatsuki (the former being dead) pretty much cripples their organization.

Though after all this, we're still waiting on the result of the team from Kumo, we know very little about Mizu, and Iwa is still a complete blank.

#3 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

i heard that sakura finally appears...

is that right?
if it is, what is she doing?

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:46 AM

Since no one posted the link:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/449/

Read and find out.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

Well, the talk-through-solution was definitely something different. That's all I'm going to say.

Also, that whole revival of death thing, I totally was not expecting. I suddenly had the image of "SHENLONG! PLEASE REVIVE THE VILLAGERS OF KONOHA!!" with the dragonballs -.-"

And then Sasuke making his move when he believes Konoha to be crippled and at its weakest... Well, technically they're all recovering from Pain's attacks, but they're not as weak as he'd expect them to be. Especially now that Naruto can go into sage mode. Ah, I'd like to see the surprise written over Sasuke's face when he finds Konoha not exactly, completely in shambles, and the new stronger Naruto there to defend Konoha.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:08 AM

This was an ok Chapter to me, it finally tied up the loose ends with Nagato and it appears a (perhaps final) confrontation between Naruto and Sasuke is imminent.

uc.png

#7 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

That... was not what I was expecting. It seemed a bit too peaceful and submissive of Pain to revive everything, but I'm quite sure that's just the violent side of me wanting some more kickass. sweatdrop.gif

And aha! I see a Sasuke. >.> I'm really looking forward to a Naruto and Sasuke showdown.

#8 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

That sure was a quick transition to Sasuke. The chapter could have used one more page.

Anyway, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Just wish that Nagato could have made a bigger impact than just reviving a bunch of people that he killed. But I guess he's also responsible for the new partnership with Hidden Rain, which could be important in the future. (But for now, it might be wise of Konan to go into hiding for a little while...)

Also, I just hope that Kishimoto has some concrete, good ideas for what comes next. I have a bad feeling that the rest of the series won't be as exciting as this arc since we know that Naruto is destined to bring world peace, the series has lost its most epic villain and the current baddies are greatly outnumbered, and Naruto's growth kind of feels over. The next arc could go a lot of ways and I'm really curious to see where Kishimoto takes it.

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ May 29 2009, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sure was a quick transition to Sasuke. The chapter could have used one more page.

Anyway, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Just wish that Nagato could have made a bigger impact than just reviving a bunch of people that he killed. But I guess he's also responsible for the new partnership with Hidden Rain, which could be important in the future. (But for now, it might be wise of Konan to go into hiding for a little while...)

Also, I just hope that Kishimoto has some concrete, good ideas for what comes next. I have a bad feeling that the rest of the series won't be as exciting as this arc since we know that Naruto is destined to bring world peace, the series has lost its most epic villain and the current baddies are greatly outnumbered, and Naruto's growth kind of feels over. The next arc could go a lot of ways and I'm really curious to see where Kishimoto takes it.

There's always room for development of other characters.

uc.png

#10 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

It remains to be seen though, just how Naruto will go about his goal of world peace.

Power over life and death - that is what make the Rinnegan the most powerful doujutsu. I seriously doubt that the EMS can prevent anyone apart from the user from dying, but I guess there's always the hax Kishi put into the spiny red eyes.

I have...mixed feelings about this really. I'm relieved and glad that Kakashi isn't dead, but there is really no point to the whole Konoha being destroyed now. I'm glad to see the Konan's alligience lies with her friends and not Akatsuki.

There are still a lot of loose ends here, about Sasuke, Cloud, Kage Summit and stuff. I guess Naruto can help in Konoha's reconstruction by spamming the kage bunshin. We'll see how quickly that goes.

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

LOL, that one EEEEEEEK was epic XDD

Aww, that was such an awesome cool moment between Kakashi and his papa wow.png

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 29 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, what a cop out. So Kakashi was dead, but now he's not. Shizune was dead, and now she's not. Dammit, this arc started with such promise, and turned into another "Death is Cheap" story.

I don't feel it was a cop-out at all. I understand how the jutsu works. He killed all those people, so he uses what remaining power, strength, and ability that he has left to bring back only the ones that he killed when he came to Konoha, while there is still time to bring them back. That was a pretty neat jutsu, and I for one am happy to see Kakashi alive again! happy.gif

AND SO NARUTO USES HIS EPIC NUMBER 1 JUTSU ONCE AGAIN. TURN-YOUR-ENEMIES-INTO-YOUR-FRIENDS NO JUTSU. HAI YA! 8D

Oh Naruto, no one can stand up to you when you use your ULTIMATE POWAH :cookie: :teehee:

#12 Dr. Crow

Dr. Crow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Reading manga and comics, watching tv, sleeping, watching pretty women, and I'm sure theres more.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 29 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least I was right about Konan. That's something, at least.

Dude you and me must be on the same wavelength because that was my exact thoughts reading this chapter man. Cop out. Hey don't get me wrong I love all the characters that survived. I'm relieved but I also think we the fans got the big middlefinger. So yeah good chapter wonder what's going to happen next.

#13 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

It's still a cop out, and a pretty bad one at that. This is probably the worst thing to happen in any chapter of any manga ever. This beats Kubo trolling the Bleach fandom... or at least it almost beats Kubo trolling the Bleach fandom.

I'm guessing the only reason J-man wasn't brought back to life was just so it wouldn't seem like Naruto got everything back, but it still really sucks that all the drama of this arc was sucked out. Kishimoto should have just left them dead. Whatever happened to the so-called "realism" this series supposedly likes to convey?

#14 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

Thanks, peanutbutter126 for telling me that Kakashi didn't die! I feel so relieved! biggrin.gif

There was a Naruto Manga Chapter 449, already? In MangaFox, there wasn't. Hehe. smile.gif

I don't like going to OneManga because the background is too dark and it hurts my eyes. laugh.gif Sure, they have more manga, but I don't want to wear glasses. wow.png It would be really hard.

---

It was kinda sudden, actually. I'm glad that Pain/Pein changed his mind, and gave his victims back their lives. But, it was too short! It felt...incomplete. Oh well. At least, it was a happy ending. biggrin.gif I love Kakashi's talk with his dad. So deep. a_thumbs.gif

Another arc is closed, and another is opened. Is Naruto almost to its end? shamefulcry0js.gif 111193.gif

Though Naruto manga has been here for almost 10 years, 70% of me still doesn't want it to end. I'll miss this! And I haven't even joined this website for more than a month! What terrible fate I have. a_comfort.gif arg.gif

---

Ehem. Back to the present, Sasuke's going to Konoha, while Naruto grew (in mind and strength, anyway). Is this the last arc? Please, someone, tell me! What will happen next? a_plotting.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 29 May 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#15 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

Reading this chapter only cements what I thought from the spoilers - NOT a cop-out. It might seem rushed, but it was kinda necessary.

Nagato blows up Konoha > Naruto fights him > Naruto talks to him > Nagato goes away/becomes a good guy... doesn't really work. (Konoha goes ehhh... not convinced we should believe Naruto did the right thing)

Nagato blows up Konoha > Naruto fights him > Naruto talks to him > Nagato gives Naruto a super weapon to beat more people... that doesn't work at all. Not killing someing rewarded by being able to kill more people?

Nagato blows up Konoha > Naruto fights him > Naruto talks to him > Nagato saves the people he killed (and dies)... That's a good reward. Konoha goes hey, Naruto just might have something. Maybe we should rethink - lead on, revolutionary!

At least, that's what I thought ^^ It's a shonen manga, after all... not Tolstoy...

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hey, does Konan's flowers do anything? :teehee: (SUPER OMFG FLOWERS OF DOOM)

That scene makes NaruKonan fanboys come alive. wow.png

Anyways, great chapter. Made me teary seeing Jiraiya and Naruto smile like that. smile.gif

#17 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Nagato blows up Konoha > Naruto fights him > Naruto talks to him > Nagato goes away/becomes a good guy... doesn't really work. (Konoha goes ehhh... not convinced we should believe Naruto did the right thing)

Yeah. It would seem really boring. biggrin.gif It's quite impossible for Pain/Pein to go away without doing something unexpected. And it would seem really weird that the arc would end just like that. It's not satisfying, that is, if you're looking for fullfillment. wink.gif

Nagato blows up Konoha > Naruto fights him > Naruto talks to him > Nagato gives Naruto a super weapon to beat more people... that doesn't work at all. Not killing someing rewarded by being able to kill more people?

Hmmm...Naruto is a symbol of peace. Yeah, it also doesn't work for me. But, it sounds so cool if Nagato gives Naruto a super doomsday technique that could revolutionize the world as we know it! biggrin.gif *BOOOOOM* Yeah. With explosions and stuff. laugh.gif Ehhh...Weirdness. Naruto might not use it. Ever. sleep.gif

Nagato blows up Konoha > Naruto fights him > Naruto talks to him > Nagato saves the people he killed (and dies)... That's a good reward. Konoha goes hey, Naruto just might have something. Maybe we should rethink - lead on, revolutionary!

Cool! Something totally awesome just happened! biggrin.gif Some of the dead were revived, Kakashi finally forgave his father, and the Akatsuki is weakened (or maybe, no more!) Now, that's what I call hitting THREE birds with one stone. laugh.gif wow.png And all of those are good things! :teehee:

At least, that's what I thought ^^ It's a shonen manga, after all... not Tolstoy...

What's Tolstoy? 111191.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 29 May 2009 - 01:28 PM.

#18 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 29 2009, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, great chapter. Made me teary seeing Jiraiya and Naruto smile like that. smile.gif

They were wonderful smiles, weren't they happy.gif

#19 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Shadowmoon-Sakura @ May 29 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's Tolstoy?

sweatdrop.gif My literature-graduate sensibilites have fainted laugh.gif ... Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer, wrote War and Peace?

:Stay on topic, stay on topic, talk about Russian lit somewhere else...:

Edited by DownsEndRoad, 29 May 2009 - 12:04 PM.

#20 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

Well, the sudden turn of Nagato isn't unexpected. Every time Naruto actually seriously talks to a major villain, he turns them around. (Zabuza, Gaara, now Pein)

Though the whole super resurrection seemed a little stretched, maybe if he asked Naruto to supply some chakra like he did with Chiyo-baasama. oh well, still a good chapter in the flashbacks of Jiraiya and the over all feel still had a bit of the feeling of the early chapters.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users