241 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

It's official. This guy doesn't know anything about writing a romance fiction, nor does he grasp proper development. Naruto 615 is proof of that.

I haven't been this PISSED OFF in a long time. Seriously, that was COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER for Hinata. Out of all the people to give the speech, it's Hinata? Are you serious Kishi? Way to go once again making the main heroine (Sakura) worthless in comparison. For the 612 chapters, I've been invested in seeing how this author would resolve one of the more interesting subplots (Naruto's feelings towards Sakura). Since we're all NaruSaku fans, I don't believe there's any need to get into how this relationship has been receiving development since chapter 3.

What I'm here to ask is what was the point of all of those hints towards NaruSaku only to do this bullcrap? Yeah, I know most of you are going to come around and give all sorts of excuses as to why this chapter did not validate NaruHina, but lets not kid ourselves. Our fanbase has been getting kicked to the curb for a long time. For the longest time, we've simply had the argument that NaruHina was onesided, but NOT ANYMORE. Now it's official. You don't hold someone's hand like that if the two of you are 'just friends.' You don't caress someone's cheek if the two of you are 'just friends.' What should have been Sakura's redeeming moment has been stolen.

Just think about it. When was the last REAL NaruSaku moment? Back during the Pein invasion arc. When Sakura hugged Naruto. Only that hug was completely onesided as Naruto didn't hug her back. Making sense now?

Mods, you should keep this thread open. It's about time we start discussing reality here. NaruSaku just isn't going to happen. We need to start asking ourselves why.

Edited by Kenny-kun, 29 December 2012 - 04:50 AM.

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hmm..I agree that Kishi's lost his mind, but I don't think NH will happen. No, all the years of NS just tramples on this NH moment.

However, this is no longer a subtle and levelheaded series. Going back and forth like Kishi does is just hurting the quality of this story, and takes away the real message here.

ナルサク

#3 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 27 2012, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm..I agree that Kishi's lost his mind, but I don't think NH will happen. No, all the years of NS just tramples on this NH moment.

However, this is no longer a subtle and levelheaded series. Going back and forth like Kishi does is just hurting the quality of this story, and takes away the real message here.
You'd think so, but you can't deny the trend for the past 100+ chapters.

First there was Sakura revealing she was STILL in love with Sasuke. Then there was Hinata's speech about telling Naruto to wait for her. Now we see Naruto and Hinata holding hands and caressing each other's cheeks. I'm sorry, but I think we have to face facts here. The real question: Why? If Kishimoto wanted NaruHina to happen, why not just let it happen? Why does he have to throw it off to backburner until the last 100 chapters? Honestly, it'd make as much "sense" if Naruto suddenly showed an interest in Ino. Hell, it'd make even more sense if he just suddenly showed an interest in Sasuke. Whatever the case, no matter how you look at it, our favorite mangaka has been revealed as a sellout and I fear things are only going to get worse in the days to come. Inb4 Sasuke "falls in love" with Sakura over the course of 2 chapters. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Kenny-kun, 28 December 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

I agree that Kishi has lost his mind. I said it myself, actually. So thank you for actually making a topic about it.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Dec 28 2012, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First there was Sakura revealing she was STILL in love with Sasuke. Then there was Hinata's speech about telling Naruto to wait for her. Now we see Naruto and Hinata hands. I'm sorry, but I think we have to face facts here. The real question: Why? If Kishimoto wanted NaruHina to happen, why not just let it happen? Why does he have to throw it off to backburner until the last 100 chapters? Honestly, it'd make as much "sense" if Naruto suddenly showed an interest in Ino. Hell, it'd make even more sense if he just suddenly showed an interest in Sasuke. Whatever the case, no matter how you look at it, our favorite mangaka has been revealed as a sellout and I fear things are only going to get worse in the days to come. Inb4 Sasuke "falls in love" with Sakura over the course of 2 chapters. rolleyes.gif

Alright. I'll give you Sakura and Hinata's speeches in 573.

Hinata: Naruto-kun..I've always been chasing you, even now. But once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all. Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand. Walking with you. Wait for me!

Sakura: Naruto, you saved Konoha, and now you're trying to save the entire world. You always get left with these insurmountable tasks. But now matter what you say this time, we're going to be together..not just me. We're going to all fight together this time!

So Hinata's dream came true, on her birthday in fact. Now she can gtfo XD I'm waiting for Kishi to do exactly what Sakura wants. To fight with Naruto. Throw her on the battlefield. He still has chances left..but I will admit that I'm getting impatient.

ナルサク

#6 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First there was Sakura revealing she was STILL in love with Sasuke. Then there was Hinata's speech about telling Naruto to wait for her. Now we see Naruto and Hinata hands. I'm sorry, but I think we have to face facts here. The real question: Why? If Kishimoto wanted NaruHina to happen, why not just let it happen? Why does he have to throw it off to backburner until the last 100 chapters? Honestly, it'd make as much "sense" if Naruto suddenly showed an interest in Ino. Hell, it'd make even more sense if he just suddenly showed an interest in Sasuke. Whatever the case, no matter how you look at it, our favorite mangaka has been revealed as a sellout and I fear things are only going to get worse in the days to come. Inb4 Sasuke "falls in love" with Sakura over the course of 2 chapters. rolleyes.gif

If it wasn't for how RTN was marketed and how it really went plus all the NS hint from outside the Manga Franchise, then I will agree with you 100%.

But if Kishi is going to make NH canon then he need to make it cannon, he does not need to focus on a shocked Sakura, Naruto should make his feelings for Hinata clear and most importantly Naruto and Sakura relationship should of being made clear to the readers that they will only be friends by Sakura or Naruto starting to show sign the he is giving up on her.

You cannot call NH canon when Kishi is bien avoiding Naruto and Sakura interaction when it never happened before, you need to analyze their behavior after her confession to make your conclusion, and most importantly the chan
after Hinata's name or Naruto romantic behaviors is just not there.

Why I do believe that this is jet another blow for NS in the end this is Kishi's story and if he need to make something canon, then he can clearly do that, since we saw how he recently he made Kushina and Minato a canon pairing.

Again there was no need to show Sakura shocked expression and most importantly their was no need to not clearly show that Naruto really loves Hinata. All we have right now is optimistic speculation versus pessimistic speculation from the readers but nothing clear from the author when he has not reason to keep making it ambiguous when he is finally deciding the end pairing.

#7 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Agreed. This should have been Sakura's final redeeming moment but nope. It seems Kishi really did forget about her. Seriously, who forgets about his main character? Pathetic.

#8 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Haha. I'm kind of lucky I gave up and moved on for the most part. This series went off a cliff a long time ago and I mean just in general, not shipping.

This guy doesn't know anything about writing a romance fiction, nor does he grasp proper development.

He used to. What the hell happened, I couldn't tell you. I'm just guessing, but I imagine author burnout. He's been doing the same thing for over a decade of weekly chapters. That's got to take a toll.

Seriously, who forgets about his main character?

Well, there was that year he basically forgot Naruto existed, so it's not unprecedented.

Edited by dl316bh, 28 December 2012 - 02:53 AM.

bd5.jpg

#9 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Kishi has lost his mind for giving Hinata development sad.gif

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#10 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

icwatudidther

And no, it's not that he gave her development. He pretty much pushed Sakura aside and put Hinata in her place. One could say she's the female lead now while Sakura has been pushed in Hinata's original position.

#11 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mods, you should keep this thread open. It's about time we start discussing reality here. NaruSaku just isn't going to happen. We need to start asking ourselves why.

Really now? People aren't discussing reality in the debate and chapter thread (which has exceeded nearly 30 pages in one day) that 615 spawned? I'm not really sure what this thread does that those don't.

If everyone abides by the rules we will.

Haha. I'm kind of lucky I gave up and moved on for the most part. This series went off a cliff a long time ago and I mean just in general, not shipping.

About two years ago or so my interest in the series changed. My interest waned a tad and I cared far more about other events than the pairings. I want NS to happen and all, but I can't say I care all that much if it doesn't. It's great because I can see chapters like these and not be terribly worked up by the shipping.

Agreed. This should have been Sakura's final redeeming moment but nope. It seems Kishi really did forget about her. Seriously, who forgets about his main character? Pathetic.

Final redemption? From what does she need to be redeemed from and why is not longer possible because of this?

#12 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

About two years ago or so my interest in the series changed. My interest waned a tad and I cared far more about other events than the pairings. I want NS to happen and all, but I can't say I care all that much if it doesn't. It's great because I can see chapters like these and not be terribly worked up by the shipping.

See, what's interesting about the whole thing is I had the opposite reaction. I used to care about the other events a lot. That was a long time ago. Eventually, the manga felt like it had lost direction and I strayed. For a while there I hung on for the pairing, but eventually it got to the point where even that's not enough to keep me to the series. I check in once in a while to see what's going on in it for old times sake, but for the most part I gave right the hell up a couple years ago.

bd5.jpg

#13 pinkspider2000

pinkspider2000

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku obviously,I like drawing, playing basketball, swimming,the Color pink.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

I agree. I feel as if he was planning to make narusaku happen since the beginning then all of a sudden changed his mind. Why are you doing this kishi? I really hope Sakura gets her time to shine. a_smashy.gif wallbash.gif blowup.gif th_cussing.gif sakura.gif

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, he has. It's too little too late to try to develop her now, she's been the same bland character for over 600 chapters that it really just seems last minute.

AboojTi.gif

#15 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 27 2012, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See, what's interesting about the whole thing is I had the opposite reaction. I used to care about the other events a lot. That was a long time ago. Eventually, the manga felt like it had lost direction and I strayed. For a while there I hung on for the pairing, but eventually it got to the point where even that's not enough to keep me to the series. I check in once in a while to see what's going on in it for old times sake, but for the most part I gave right the hell up a couple years ago.

I want to know what happens in the end. It'll take a lot more for complete abandonment. He'll need to make more an effort to really crap on his series before it becomes so intolerable that I don't care about the final result. Obito's story has that potential, but I don't think he'll do what I have in mind.

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 27 2012, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to know what happens in the end. It'll take a lot more for complete abandonment. He'll need to make more an effort to really crap on his series before it becomes so intolerable that I don't care about the final result. Obito's story has that potential, but I don't think he'll do what I have in mind.

You have more tolerance for this s*** than I do then man.
bd5.jpg

#17 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 27 2012, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final redemption? From what does she need to be redeemed from and why is not longer possible because of this?

Redeemed from being . . . well frankly, useless. Even the whole medical ninja thing has simply been swept under the rug as not being that big of a deal.

Her whole fake confession to Naruto didn't matter in the end nor did her asinine plan to kill Sasuke.

What's more, as soon as this war started, the first thing we got out of her character was her still being in love with Sasuke? Seriously? Why exactly is she in love with Sasuke.? This guy has done nothing but dog and badmouth since chapter 3. Hell, he tried to kill her . . . three times. I can understand her wanting her teammate back, but beyond Sasuke simply being an alpha male, there's really no reason for her to be intersted in the guy. Hell, I'd be much more impressed with her character if she were interested in Rock Lee. The only thing her remaining infatuation with Sasuke shows is immaturity on her part. Now if Sasuke had ever shown any form of interest in her, that'd be one thing. If Sakura's feelings for Sasuke had ever been fleshed out in the slightest, then this sort of thing would be acceptable. Instead, it's just lazy writing on Kishi's part and contributes to the reason more and more fans are losing interest in this manga.

I knew a moment like the one we got in chapter 615 was coming. I just never would have dreamed that such a moment would be given to Hinata (a character who has already been developed, ever since her actions during the Pein invasion arc) when Sakura (the actual female lead, at least according to Kishi) is in desperate need of character development. Had Sakura been the one to knock Naruto out of his funk, it would have brought everything in full circle. For a long time, Sakura has constantly beat herself up about being of no use to Naruto. This moment here would have (and should have) changed that and would have brought the meaning of Yamato's words in chapter 297 to full fruition. Instead, Sakura is once again gawking on like an idiot while other people are doing all the work. Not only is this a slap in the face to her character (and I'm not simply speaking from the standpoint of a NaruSaku shipper), but to all the fans who were invested in her character in the first place.

It's no longer feasible because another moment like this would be redundant. There are no more lessons for Naruto to learn and there's no feasible way she can help Naruto at this point beyond keeping her useless behind out of harm's way as she stares onwards with drool slipping out of her wide open mouth.

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again there was no need to show Sakura shocked expression and most importantly their was no need to not clearly show that Naruto really loves Hinata. All we have right now is optimistic speculation versus pessimistic speculation from the readers but nothing clear from the author when he has not reason to keep making it ambiguous when he is finally deciding the end pairing.

This isn't the first time Sakura has sat back and gawked on like an idiot while other characters were actually making a difference. Recall the Team 7 reunion. Honestly, this sort of thing is pretty standard for her character at this point.

Edited by Kenny-kun, 28 December 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Dec 28 2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew a moment like the one we got in chapter 615 was coming. I just never would have dreamed that such a moment would be given to Hinata (a character who has already been developed, ever since her actions during the Pein invasion arc) when Sakura (the actual female lead, at least according to Kishi) is in desperate need of character development. Had Sakura been the one to knock Naruto out of his funk, it would have brought everything in full circle. For a long time, Sakura has constantly beat herself up about being of no use to Naruto. This moment here would have (and should have) changed that and would have brought the meaning of Yamato's words in chapter 297 to full fruition. Instead, Sakura is once again gawking on like an idiot while other people are doing all the work. Not only is this a slap in the face to her character (and I'm not simply speaking from the standpoint of a NaruSaku shipper), but to all the fans who were invested in her character in the first place.

^QFTMFT.

Your words has perfectly summed up Kishi's failures. I'm gonna spread this.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Dec 27 2012, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^QFTMFT.

Your words has perfectly summed up Kishi's failures. I'm gonna spread this.

Agreed. Well kittening said, Kenny. Well kittening said.

AboojTi.gif

#20 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 28 2012, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Well kittening said, Kenny. Well kittening said.

Yup. Sakura's supposed to be the heroine, not Hinata. That should've been Sakura right there instead of Hinata. I don't mind Hinata development but did he have to give her such a monumental moment? It's like like Kishi switched: "Hinata's the new heroine/love interest, everybody! Who the hell is Sakura?"

Fail, Kishi. Just epic fail. Word can't describe. I'm so kittening pissed off with you right now.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 28 December 2012 - 05:32 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users