Close
Photo

How did you get introduced into the world of Naruto?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

The same way I was introduced to DBZ

Toonami.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#22 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

I got introduced to Naruto, by my tv :lol: 

Edited by NaruSakuftMixer, 28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#23 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Strange that it was released ontv during my birthday

& I initially thought that Naruto is among some kitten animes

later on during my vacations I was bored & just switched my TV on

coincidently, it's first 5 episode repeat telecast were in front of me

and ...I was like WOW!!

And this is probably 1st anime that made me cry during it's beginning itself ( tbh it was when seemingly Sasuke died for Naruto :sweat: )

#24 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Toonami did when i was 12.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#25 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

I had a friend who was originally from Hilo and she was my anime source. We went to college together and she knew what was new in the world of anime. I would go to her house almost everyday and she would show me what new animes she had downloaded, Naruto was one of them. That was back in 2002, so we watched it together once a week when the new episodes would be available as torrents, those were the days.

Edited by Konohakitten, 28 October 2014 - 06:00 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#26 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'd heard of Naruto probably years ago, but didn't think much of it. (I wasn't at all interested in anime until 2012.) My brother got into it a couple years back when he watched a walkthrough of Ninja Storm 3 on YouTube.

I think it was over another year before he began watching episodes--at which point he informed me "Well, I'm totally obsessed with Naruto now." He told me about the hot springs scene with Sai, and showed me that part of the episode just for laughs. Up to that point, I had been of the impression that Naruto was aimed at younger children.

It still took me a while to get interested in it myself. I was a little too influenced by the haters, the same way the anime haterbase had kept me from looking into anime for so long. My brother's influence eventually got me interested enough to check it out. Went to an anime con in January of this year, bought a couple volumes of the Naruto manga just for the heck of it. Read them, and began watching the first anime series.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 28 October 2014 - 05:53 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#27 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

After watching Pokémon and Sailor Moon I became a fan of anime.Then I saw a pic of T7 on internet and I was curious to know what's about it and loved it.Then I fell in love withthe queen and shipped SS(not really shipped but wanted them to be lovers because of Sakura) then I saw the POAL and became a diehard NS fan.Now it's been 5 years....Time flies ...sigh~

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#28 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

I was in elementary school and I had no idea what anime was, I just assume it was a random cartoon on TV. It was also the very first episode and I randomly ran into it. It wasn't until years down the road that I found out what anime was and got sucked up in it.

#29 Shizuku

Shizuku

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

I was 11, I had heard of naruto before once but I thought it was a game, then cartoon network announced it and I was like " Sounds interesting". At first I hated naruto, he wasn't the type of character that I like, tbh, the series got me at first because of Sasuke. Now it's the opossite, I don't hate sasuke but naruto is my favorite ( along with kakashi I guess) :)

Edited by Shizuku, 28 October 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#30 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

Most people here seemed to discover through toonami and were quite young. Ahhh, I feel old!
NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#31 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

Most people here seemed to discover through toonami and were quite young. Ahhh, I feel old!

I know the feeling, I started watching Naruto when it first aired in Japan, which was in 2002, I was 20 :3

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#32 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

I think I was probably one of the only ones who read it when the first chapter came out in Shonen Jump. I saw Kishi's first one shot and I wanted to see more and then bam, NARUTO.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#33 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

My sister introduced me to the Naruto series by showing me the Part 1 Gaara vs Sasuke double episode  (I believe that was 66-67) japanese sub back in 2004. I didn't really get into it until 2006, though. Good times those were :smile:

Edited by Elicit, 03 November 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#34 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

My mate kept on going on about animes for months, but was too lazy to just download all the episode, he wanted me to get to One Piece but I'd had the misfortune of watching the 4Kids version on CN so it left a bad impression, So finally gave in I think I started with Bleach, then moved to Naruto then finally One Piece.

iAnby7W.gif

#35 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

People recommended it to me. So one day I just sat down and watched everything. The end.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#36 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

I got into it when Shonen Jump was around in paper form in the US. Honestly, I only got into the early parts of the Zubaza and Haku stuff, so I wasn't sure of all what was going on, but then I went from there...

#37 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

I got into Naruto when someone gave me a Sasuke cellphone strap as a gift.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#38 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

I got tired of hearing everyone talk about it and decided to watch it.

#39 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

I got into Naruto when someone gave me a Sasuke cellphone strap as a gift.

Wow, seriously? xD

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#40 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:57 PM

Wow, seriously? xD

Yeah. It was when I was in fifth grade. XD Someone gave it to me as a birthday gift. 

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users