• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Its out

Episode 301

Naruto vrs the Third Raikage
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#2 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

I remember this. Very interesting fight. The episode itself was okay. What I liked the best was actually the comedy scenes, like when the third Raikage commented on how it was stupid of Temari to announce her attack. Then there was also the scenes with Matsuri and that filler girl, Yukata. happy.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#3 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

upcoming schedule

schedule
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#4 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 22 2013, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
upcoming schedule

schedule

Great~ A Hinata filler episode. Just what everyone wanted. rolleyes.gif

#5 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Konan-sama @ Feb 22 2013, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eye of the heart"? --Click here to view--
Hmm... I wonder what that filler episode will be about. There's a thumbnail of Hinata in the episode description, so chances are that the 
episode will be revolved around her. How random.... this is war.... although we haven't seen the episode yet, so we can't really judge it now.

Image:

Gah, it probably isn't related to the war at all. sweatdrop.gif Don't you just love the anime? Anyways, besides that, I'm not really excited for these fillers. They're just....there. th_twitchsmile.gif

The link says that the episode will be about the Hyuga family. I have no idea what the episode will be about but you can be sure that it will involve Hinata somehow. I wonder if Studio Pierrot is already setting up the base for a filler story to revolve around chapters 614/615.

#6 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

And no less on Sakura's birthday, they must really want the Sakura fans to feel bad...

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#7 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Fillers. DIDN'T want it. --Click here to view--
Such a bad time for fillers. I keep waiting for the anime episodes to get interesting again and move farther along in the story. The past two episodes have been a complete "meh" for me. But no, instead we get a month of fillers. dry.gif Such an unpleasant surprise. At this rate, it's going to take forever for me to regain interest in Naruto again. Haven't really enjoyed the episodes completely until Itachi. It's not like the episodes lately are bad, I just don't care.

Ignoring my impatience for more plot, I think I might be able to enjoy the fillers for Sound Four. It all depends on how Pierrot executes them. It'll be interesting seeing the emotions their ressurrection can bring and if Shikamaru, Neji, and Naruto will get character development. The potential's there, let's just hope they don't make it boring. And the Hyuga Clan ... I wish I could be more interested. If Neji gets some great focus, then kudos. I'll enjoy that. I know Hinata is fated to be involved somehow. I think I'll be okay with it, but Hinata's presence has a tendency to bring in NH fanservice or overglofication of her character. I hate both of those. facepalm.png Just please, Pierrot, control your bias so I can actually enjoy what you dish out. rolleyes.gif Well, one-sided NH isn't bias. It just really annoys me when that's all she thinks about.

Why can't they make a Sakura-centric filler? She's the heroine, desperately needs more attention, and on top of that I actually care about her character. Also, birthday loophole. With Hinata, everytime I see her shoved in face frequently and/or Pierrot executes those 2 things, I ask myself: "Am I supposed to care about her?" mellow.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#8 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Here's the gist of the Hyuuga episode:

For the Hyuuga episode, Neji lands himself in a pinch due to his blindspot while fighting White Zetsu. Hinata saves him and recalls a time when Neji had once protected her.

This is certainly a good buildup for 614. I'm actually kinda surprised they're not milking 615. Of course, we still have to see the episode itself to make the final judgement.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#9 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 24 2013, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is certainly a good buildup for 614. I'm actually kinda surprised they're not milking 615. Of course, we still have to see the episode itself to make the final judgement.

Oh wow.... whatthekitten.gif I think I'm going to LOVE that episode! my Nejihina feels~ wub.gif

I guess it DOES make sense, Isn't it a fact in Japan that Nejihina is WAY more popular then Naruhina? so....as usual...we are most likely in a panic over nothing! a_spaz.gif

a_dance.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 24 2013, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While true, maybe they have a better idea than we thought, but time will tell. If goes well, it will make wish Neji would come back but I really feel double edged sword in this situation. It's not necessary about love but rather, the idea that Neji has to struggle with the law of the family and how much he has proven to be different and loyal to the family, even if it felt like it's against him.

QUOTE (KeikoxYusuke @ Feb 24 2013, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh wow.... whatthekitten.gif I think I'm going to LOVE that episode! my Nejihina feels~ wub.gif

I guess it DOES make sense, Isn't it a fact in Japan that Nejihina is WAY more popular then Naruhina? so....as usual...we are most likely in a panic over nothing! a_spaz.gif

a_dance.gif

That's true. NejiHina has been rising all the sudden but maybe because well you know. Then again, they have before that shocking event. Who knows, but yes, they are more popular than NaruHina in Japan. Maybe if they weren't related, outside of Japan can understand better, even though that's biased. Nevertheless, the real battle in Japan is the Team 7's love triangle. Anyway, that filler could be a nice treat.

#11 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

For me it's a pathetic attempt to show that Hinata is not selfish and she does not care only about Naruto on this war when the manga tells otherwise.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#12 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Feb 24 2013, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it's a pathetic attempt to show that Hinata is not selfish and she does not care only about Naruto on this war when the manga tells otherwise.

sadly true 111189.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Feb 24 2013, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The episode itself shows Pierot's wishful thinking of Hinata since's they're fan boys of her. This filler contradicts her character when it comes to Hinata being selfish which she is not in a mean way but she even admitted herself back at her confession that she was being selfish. Her whole characters resolves around Naruto and whenever she appears in a panel you know very well the very first thing that will popped in her head is" where's Naruto-kun? Or "is Naruto-kun all right?" If she opens her mouth then you know she will say" Naruto-kun" She can be surrounded with everyone against the Zetsu clone army but the only person she will think is Naruto. That's being selfish because she only thinks about that one person to make herself worth or prove her existence in this world. So in other words if Naruto's gone then she won't have any purpose in the series, Kishi intended for her to be the character to have Naruto in the brain 24/7.

Edited by Gravenimage, 24 February 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

yea well i see alot its on sakura's birthday but hmm its the anime filler stuff who cares what i want too know is will we get something in the manga? smile.gif

#15 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 24 2013, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The episode itself shows Pierot's wishful thinking of Hinata since's they're fan boys of her. This filler contradicts her character when it comes to Hinata being selfish which she is not in a mean way but she even admitted herself back at her confession that she was being selfish. Her whole characters resolves around Naruto and whenever she appears in a panel you know very well the very first thing that will popped in her head is" where's Naruto-kun? Or "is Naruto-kun all right?" If she opens her mouth then you know she will say" Naruto-kun" She can be surrounded with everyone against the Zetsu clone army but the only person she will think is Naruto. That's being selfish because she only thinks about that one person to make herself worth or prove her existence in this world. So in other words if Naruto's gone then she won't have any purpose in the series, Kishi intended for her to be the character to have Naruto in the brain 24/7.

It's just increase the abyss that have between filler hinata and canon Hinata, i have any doubts that she will also use healing jutsu(curaga) on Neji too.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 24 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#16 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 24 2013, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's very harsh on Hinata, you know. No wonder many fans think the majority of the NaruSaku fandom hates Hinata. She is a very selfish character, I completely agree. But I don't think Hinata trying to save Neji is overglorification. Yeah, she's blind to pretty much everything not Naruto-related but who is to really say she would not risk her life to save Neji, just because he's not Naruto? Remember she stood up to Naruto (sorta) about honoring Neji's sacrifices and memory, she obviously cares somewhat. If she really is that way and wouldn't save her cousin, then she doesn't deserve to be called a ninja. Risking your life goes for everyone, not just the person you love.

I feel like some of you exaggerate Hinata's selfishness. She's selfish, but not entirely selfish. Give her some slack.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#17 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Feb 25 2013, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's very harsh on Hinata, you know. No wonder many fans think the majority of the NaruSaku fandom hates Hinata. She is a very selfish character, I completely agree. But I don't think Hinata trying to save Neji is overglorification. Yeah, she's blind to pretty much everything not Naruto-related but who is to really say she would not risk her life to save Neji, just because he's not Naruto? Remember she stood up to Naruto (sorta) about honoring Neji's sacrifices and memory, she obviously cares somewhat. If she really is that way and wouldn't save her cousin, then she doesn't deserve to be called a ninja. Risking your life goes for everyone, not just the person you love.

I feel like some of you exaggerate Hinata's selfishness. She's selfish, but not entirely selfish. Give her some slack.

I agree. Hinata is able to think about others when Naruto is not around. If Neji was in danger, she would try to save him --- unless..

Naruto and Neji are both in danger at each side. Hinata would without a doubt choose Naruto. In fact, I am even wondering if she would save 10 fodder nins or Naruto.

ナルサク

#18 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Feb 24 2013, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Hinata is able to think about others when Naruto is not around. If Neji was in danger, she would try to save him --- unless..

Naruto and Neji are both in danger at each side. Hinata would without a doubt choose Naruto. In fact, I am even wondering if she would save 10 fodder nins or Naruto.

Definitely agree on that. If Naruto and Neji were both in danger, she would chose Naruto without a second thought. No questions asked, her tunnel vision is really that bad. Though it's kind of sad she'd chose Naruto, a guy she has little on-screen panel time with, over a blood-related cousin. But that's Hinata for you. sleep.gif

I realize that we often criticize the NH fans for being too harsh on Sakura, but I tbh some of us do the exact same thing with Hinata. She's not a completely terrible, selfish character, she does have some good qualities and can do some good things. I don't like Hinata, but I still think she deserves credit for the good things she does. 615, deserves credit. 614, deserves credit (Protecting Naruto), 437, deserves credit (Only for risking her life for Naruto, not the confession). It's like how I see things with Sakura, whether your a hater or lover: give her credit when it's deserved and give her criticizism when it's needed.

I saw a neutal fan say most NS fans hate Hinata. Now I see why he got that impression.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 25 February 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Filler Arcs...... Eh, I'll get back to it when they are over. Not saying that they are a waste of time as much as they don't offer any progress other than (non-canon) character development. facepalm.png

Now on the episode itself. I appreciate the fact that Naruto is getting some (again non-canon) fans. tongue.gif The episode was good except for them worf barraging the Rasenshuriken. Me no likes worfing. sleep.gif here the description if you're wondering

http://tvtropes.org/...n/TheWorfEffect

http://tvtropes.org/.../TheWorfBarrage

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 February 2013 - 08:12 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 25 2013, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Filler Arcs...... Eh, I'll get back to it wen they are over. Not saying that they are a waste of time as much as the don't offer and progress other than (non-canon) character development. facepalm.png

Now on the episode itself. I appreciate the fact that Naruto is getting some (again non-canon) fans. tongue.gif The episode was good except for them worf barraging the Rasenshuriken. Me no likes worfing. sleep.gif here the description if you're wondering

http://tvtropes.org/...n/TheWorfEffect

http://tvtropes.org/.../TheWorfBarrage

Yea , it did not make much sense , since supposedly lightning is also week against air techniques .... might be that Kishi also wants to render the rasenshuriken useless against Sasuke who will probably be able to resist it with a similar lightning armor . Especially since Sasuke's chidori has already been proven useless against the healing powers of Kurama's chakra .

Haha .. that site is great and such a good laugh :

Anchored Ship: The manga has a very unique and somewhat unsettling way of dealing with Romance Arcs which employs this extensively. Romantic development is kept ambiguous to a degree that is almost certainly deliberate; too many characters consistently fail to come clean about how they honestly feel, and to get a clue of where they stand one must make sense of a galore of telling omissions, contradictory nudges, ha-ha-only-serious-only-not moments, Ship Tease in adaptations of dubious relevance and Red Herrings. Even though "moments" do happen, they are very seldom played to the point where a Relationship Upgrade or Ship Sinking can be declared with any certainty - and the plot quickly, elegantly and invariably pulls away shortly after and leaves the still-dangling arc up in the air, sometimes for years, before revisiting it. Being a shipper in the Naruto fandom is a subtype of masochism.

So true laugh.gif

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users