uvoJkhc.png

#6 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

weird, didn't noticed any narusaku at all. The ending was super rushed. Guess pierot went bankrupt after all.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#7 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 10 2013, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
weird, didn't noticed any narusaku at all. The ending was super rushed. Guess pierot went bankrupt after all.

Got home from worked, downloaded the episode and watched it. I actually really enjoyed it. The whole filler for me was quite awesome, and I wish the family was really in Naruto. sad.gif

#8 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone think Dokku's proposal is an uncanny foreshadowing?? 'cause I could definitely see Naruto pulling something like that off to Sakura. It might even rival Ed's proposal from FMA.

P.S.: Next week will have a new ending

さよならメモリー Sayonara Memori by 7!!

Judging by the title, it's either another Team 7 ending/NaruSasu ending

A Team Minato ending.

I'm sincerely hoping for the spoiler one.

Edited by Codus N, 10 January 2013 - 12:45 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#9 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

A pretty cool finale, although the ending did seem a bit rushed. It seems so sudden. I would have liked a more detailed epilogue about what happened to The Hole and what became of both the Saezuri and the Ama no Hoko. Also what about Orochimaru? He just suddenly disappeared.

Still, this was a very nice filler arc. It's definetely one of the better ones IMO. smile.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#10 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jan 10 2013, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A pretty cool finale, although the ending did seem a bit rushed. It seems so sudden. I would have liked a more detailed epilogue about what happened to The Hole and what became of both the Saezuri and the Ama no Hoko. Also what about Orochimaru? He just suddenly disappeared.

Still, this was a very nice filler arc. It's definetely one of the better ones IMO. smile.gif

Agree the ending seems a little rushed and like you I also wish there were an after match epilogue.
Anyhow is was a good filler.

#11 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 10 2013, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone think Dokku's proposal is an uncanny foreshadowing?? 'cause I could definitely see Naruto pulling something like that off to Sakura. It might even rival Ed's proposal from FMA.

P.S.: Next week will have a new ending

Judging by the title, it's either another Team 7 ending/NaruSasu ending

A Team Minato ending.

I'm sincerely hoping for the spoiler one.

OP + ED Team 7 oriented.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 10 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#12 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

still don't know wtf Mina's precognition or whatever is about...

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Well, it's over. What do I think of the overall? I thought it was pretty entertaining. For fillers reference, they should remember this and do the same with improvements. I don't mean the same storyline, but the same focus.

I know anime tends to do stuff differently, but I somewhat like the Kyuubi being like Shaman King spirit style. I am glad that this episode really focused only on the original cast (Team 7, Yamato, and original characters), but this begged the question. Why even included the whole other K11? They literally vanished from the whole episode until the very end, which is still useless. I will get more into that later. I really like Dokku as a normal guy who finally willing to move on and even going to marry Shiseru. I also like how he did the hero duty as well as Naruto. I guess you could say both are heroes.

The one part I want to comment is what I would call for now, a false RKM. I actually found it to be really cool, almost wish it went that way in the manga. Maybe because it's the timing and the presentation that really makes it nice. This is the closest you can get to see in a high budget animation and it's filler. Quite sad. I like how everyone in Team 7 and original characters witnessed it. It's as if they're the first one and then the war arc is like "Nothing new." At least that's what the anime is suggesting. Lastly, the ending. As much as I like Dokku and Shiseru finally resolved their problems, why in the world it ended so fast. I was hoping when I saw the credit being that still showing the episode itself, I thought we got more to see the epilogue. Instead, I got a scene that reminded the ending of Flash Gordon the Movie. Rushed and "YEAH!" to conclude it all. I feel that the anime may have a problem with the time, like there's a limit. It could be that, and if so, I would like a longer ending in the DVD release, but can't get my hopes up. I truly do feel like the ending could have been longer but the time was against them.

Overall, it was pretty good and I enjoyed it. The presentation was always the same and it's a really good one. So good, it felt weird going back to canon with...that. I told myself, "Well now that's over, time to ignore." I like the interactions with the characters and yeah of course, I like NS interactions with each other and how well they fit in with others. It felt spot on and even the last episode with Sakura watching Naruto in a worried state was spot on, because once he goes Kyuubi, it's always bad news. Original characters are good themselves and for once, I cared about them. Maybe because it's like a human version of NS. Who knows. The fighting is pretty good and the flashy point is nicely done. The story is also good but to me, the characters are the one that kept this going.

There are cons that I should point out. While I enjoyed the return of Hidan and all other characters, why kill them so quickly and didn't really do a lot. I still like his interaction, but again, he vanished quickly in episode 5. Someone please tell me but how does Mina can detect Naruto's chakra and such. I don't know if it was addressed. Many casts (outside of Team 7) are underuse and only used in episode 4 while in episode 5, they were doomed to get knocked out. So why even bring them to the mix. If anything, should have only Team 10 as they revisited Hidan. Kakashi is acceptable. What happened to Gai? A lot of them disappeared in the last episode, so this, again, begs the question: were they one time moment like how Bleach movies does it with all characters there to show-off? Perhaps if this was to be avoided, we could have a longer conclusion, but I digress. Anyone else find it funny that Hinata only got two lines, which you can actually recycle the sound bytes. But I digress.

Anyway, it was a fun small arc and now back to canon. Yup, back to normal budget animation and perhaps bad timing soundtrack placement. I could be wrong.

#14 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think the anime is slowly learning a lesson though (the movies as well)

No one wants to see an entire filler arc focused on random unoriginal characters who literally have no relevance or importance. I mean, they are fillers and the characters don't matter anyway, but with this filler I at least cared a wee bit more than usual. (I think the filler I cared about most was the one with Sora)

They did this with the movie too, only 1 new character really, and that was Menma. Other than that, the rest of the characters and drama were not surrounded on filler characters, but characters we've grown to know and care about. I like that, and hopefully next time they'll go the same route.

(I really want a filler arc about Minato and Kushina)

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#15 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

so the chubby dude and the pretty lady?.....are they...siblings?

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#16 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

No. They were childhood friends I believe. Like in other manga/anime, sometimes two characters are close and consider each other "brother and sister". No blood relation I'm sure.

Could be wrong though, skipped a few episodes.

Posted Image

#17 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jan 10 2013, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so the chubby dude and the pretty lady?.....are they...siblings?

Not real siblings. I freakin' loved her design. Kishimoto should of made a character like her IMO because she's one of the best looking female characters in Naruverse IMO.

#18 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I thought her lips were too exaggerated...

Posted Image

#19 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 10 2013, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. She would have been much more beautifull without that oversized lips.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#20 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 10 2013, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha. It seemed like they were this episode but I really didn't mind. Loved the scene where she was holding onto the guys hand, and Naruto's save was just epic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users