#2081 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/485

Yay Nel is back! The arrancars is in trouble and as expected, soul society would be trying to save them. At least Ichigo will. Can't wait to see Grimmjow.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2082 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Maybe it's a little early, but I already hate this new villain's guts. Something about bad guys killing other bad guys just rubs me the wrong way. At least Aizen waited till the end to 'kill' Harribel.

Speaking of Harribel, these new villains must pretty dang strong to restrain her like this. So many questions though. How did they beat her? What happened to her fraccion? What happened to Nel's fraccion? Why are they restraining Harribel? Is she birthing Arrancar for the bad guys? Will she recover her bone fragments, or is that impossible without Orihime's superpowers?

Oh, and WTH? Kubo killed off a character? Poor Choujuro. You were so pointless, but you will be missed. Not by me, really, but by someone, I'm sure. sleep.gif

Also, the 2nd to last page reminded me of this meme from a while back. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 21 2012, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to see Grimmjow.

You and me both, amigo. I'm sure his entrance will be much more dramatic though. At least I hope so. It'd be pretty dumb IMO if he was just shown randomly standing next to Pesche and Gantenbaine when Ichigo goes to help Nel. He's gotta pay Ichigo back for saving him from Noitra!

Edited by Boom...Winning, 22 March 2012 - 12:47 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#2083 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Bleach Anime Final Episode is up.

I must say, I didn't expect them to make this arc as a finale to the anime so well. Everything was almost perfect.

There were some parts that I think Pierrot shouldn't have done, such as Rangiku & Nanao's appearance, I think they shouldn't have had them appear since Kubo hasn't shown their post-timeskip designs yet.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2084 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Messin around with fillers too much I guess. headscratch.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2085 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Chapter 486
It looks our heroes are all embarking on another rescue mission! Only this time it's not Rukia, it's not Orihime, it's....Dondochakka.

Anyways, I'm curious to see this plot unfold. Dondochakka is pretty irrelevant, at least to Ichigo, so I'm guessing the plot will progress past that soon enough.

I'm also getting a bit of a Nazi Occupation vibe from these Vandenreich guys. That last panel seemed pretty sad, I kind of felt bad for those Arrancar/Hollows.
QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Mar 7 2012, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't really understand Sasakibe's Bankai line though. Was that intentionally cut off, or was that a poor translation? My first thought was that he was saying that the group could use Bankai, but I think it's more likely he meant they could somehow absorb/negate Bankai.

But if it's the second case, I guess that would mean that Sasakibe, the most random vice-captain in all of SS, must have used Bankai against them. Maybe that's what that big spear that impaled him was? Hmm...I guess I'm curious to see how that's elaborated upon.

Toots own horn --Click here to view--
It looks like my random theory was right. Sasakibe apparently used Bankai on the Vandenreich intruders. It looks like they really can absorb Bankai. It's too bad about Sasakibe though. It looks like he was a Shinigami sort of like Renji and Ikkaku, in that he cared more about his squad than his rank, and refused to become a captain despite having a Bankai. His funeral almost made me feel bad for not caring about him.

Even if that was mostly Kubo's fault for never showing him. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 29 March 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#2086 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Chapter 488 @ Manga reader

Just as predicted, though was pretty obvious.

iAnby7W.gif

#2087 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Its QUINCY TIME b*tch!

#2088 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Chapter 489 @ MangaReader

Running theme in this weeks manga's --Click here to view--
What has this weeks Manga's taught us kids? Old men stuck in their ways are too soft and decisions made in the past has come back to bite the rest in the arse. I really do wonder though are the Shinigami really the good guys here? Is their really a side of justice, because from what i've read in this manga, Hollows are lesser of the two three evils, they are beings following their nature, Shinagami are responsible for mass murder (Btw: it's funny that in both Naruto and Bleach the young survivor of a once proud clan is played by the same voice actor.) not only the Quincy's but their own people as well, they seem to treat the people who die peacefully as trash, and not even provide them with clothing, and now we find out 20,000 were killed for some balance.

iAnby7W.gif

#2089 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 18 2012, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What has this weeks Manga's taught us kids? Old men stuck in their ways are too soft and decisions made in the past has come back to bite the rest in the arse. I really do wonder though are the Shinigami really the good guys here? Is their really a side of justice, because from what i've read in this manga, Hollows are lesser of the two three evils, they are beings following their nature, Shinagami are responsible for mass murder (Btw: it's funny that in both Naruto and Bleach the young survivor of a once proud clan is played by the same voice actor.) not only the Quincy's but their own people as well, they seem to treat the people who die peacefully as trash, and not even provide them with clothing, and now we find out 20,000 were killed for some balance.

It mirrors the real world greatly doesn't it? Who really are the good guys?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2090 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

But if I understand the logic of the souls in Bleach, usually, if a soul is killed (peacefully) in soul society, it is recycled back to earth as a human (re-incarnation), right? headscratch.gif
So, "killing" 20 000 souls mean they had been recycled as humans...so it should not be such a bad thing?

#2091 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Madz @ Apr 18 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But if I understand the logic of the souls in Bleach, usually, if a soul is killed (peacefully) in soul society, it is recycled back to earth as a human (re-incarnation), right? headscratch.gif
So, "killing" 20 000 souls mean they had been recycled as humans...so it should not be such a bad thing?

I'm not 100% sure on the logistics, but here's the way I see it.
Boom's random tangent that probably isn't even called for... tongue.gif --Click here to view--
Soul Society and the Human World both have a maximum carrying capacity of souls they can have at any given time. So when someone dies in either place, their soul is either sent to SS, or reincarnated as a human soul. So basically, Shinigami need to make sure the ratio of souls in the living world and SS is kept at a fixed amount.

I'm not sure if the ratio is supposed to be balanced, or leaning towards one side, but I'll assume it's balanced to make things simpler. Anyways, it would normally be something like this:

X: Human (Whole)/Hollow Souls (I don't know if souls are ever born in Hueco Mundo, but since Wholes and Hollows are technically on the same side of the Reincarnation Cycle I'll make them both 'X')
O: Shinigami/Rukon/Seireitei Residents

XXXXXX / OOOOOO (6:6)

If the ratio swings over to one side, it would be like:

XXXXX / OOOOOOO (5:7) or XXXXXXX / OOOOO (7:5)

But in the manga right now, Quincies are completely eradicating Hollows in mass numbers. Which means that the souls are being eliminated completely, instead of going to SS. So the ratio is now like:

XXXX / OOOOOO (4:6)

So right now, the balance is so out of whack, souls from SS need to be sent over through forced means, which in this case means committing mass murder in the more impoverished areas of SS. Obviously it's an immoral solution to the problem, but basically it's just to bring the ratio back to being balanced.

XXXXX / OOOOO (5:5)

So the ratio is balanced again, but it's clearly not a solution they can keep using over and over again, given that eventually there would just be no souls left. I'm not sure if there's a way to just create souls in the Bleachverse, but we might see it later on, if Kubo cares enough.
That might be a little confusing (or just uncalled for), but I was thinking about it to myself while reading the chapter, so this gives me an excuse to write it down.

LOL, I think Rukia could probably explain it better with her Chappie the Rabbit pictures. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 19 April 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#2092 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 18 2012, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Justice is only perspective. That is all. And I say we shouldn't be too hard on them because EVERYONE grows soft at some point in their lives, and It's not like they KNEW this would be the outcome, people just accuse them of mistakes cause it just makes it easier to see their rearing choice, rearing it's ugly head around, as a justification to point fingers.

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 April 2012 - 01:14 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2093 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 18 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno about you, but I've got some Naruto vibes regarding the conclusion of the series. Hear me out:

The last arc had cemented Ichigo as SS's revolutionary man. I'm getting the feeling Yama has a lot of regrets about what he's done in his life and wants to find some way to correct it. Sasakibe's death has pretty much bitten him back in the arse and has probably given him a wake-up call about everything he's done and is now looking back on it. I have a feeling he'll first approach Ishida to prove his innocence and if Ishida is innocent, they'll hatch a plan to destroy Vandenreich by inserting Ishida as a mole. As a reward for his deeds, Yama allows Ishida to have his head because he wants to atone for all he's done.

Yama then appoints Ichigo as CC so that he can truly change SS. I dunno why, but I get the feeling that Ichigo will become a permanent Shinigami at the end of the series.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2094 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

I don't see Ichigo as a leader commanding other people though. He's more of a trooper himself so I think being a substitute shinigami is enough for him.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2095 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 19 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see Ichigo as a leader commanding other people though. He's more of a trooper himself so I think being a substitute shinigami is enough for him.

Character development, remember?? who knows, it could happen.

248793.jpg

#2096 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2012, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Character development, remember?? who knows, it could happen.

I still don't see Ichigo as that kind of guy. Of course it could happen, but my guess is no.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2097 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2012, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yama then appoints Ichigo as CC so that he can truly change SS. I dunno why, but I get the feeling that Ichigo will become a permanent Shinigami at the end of the series.

I like the rest of the theory, but I'm a little skeptical about Ichigo becoming Captain-Commander. It's definitely possible, but I can't see Ichigo abandoning his family and his human nakama for a leadership role. His primary goal has always just been to protect those close to him, and I don't know about him giving up his humanity to do it. I won't rule it out though.

I think, concerning Yamamoto's replacement, Toushiro is a good bet. Ukitake's illness and Kyouraku's laziness are both big factors preventing either of them from succeeding him, and a lot of the others seem more fit for just leading their specific divisions (Kenpachi, Soi Fon, Kurotsuchi, etc.). Toushiro's been mentioned multiple times to have prodigious talent, and I think Kyouraku mentioned that he anticipated that he would surpass him some day. And Yamamoto's monologue during the Aizen fight made it sound like only a prodigy could take his place as Captain-Commander (though it might potentially rule out Toushiro as well, since he said no one had been born yet who could surpass him).

Of course, it probably wouldn't happen for awhile, since he still seems to be pretty young. I just think an adult Toushiro would seem pretty apt to replace Yama someday. It'd definitely be interesting to see the leadership of the Gotei 13 passed from Flame to Ice. Maybe it'd be symbolic or something?

Edited by Boom...Winning, 20 April 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#2098 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Apr 19 2012, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the rest of the theory, but I'm a little skeptical about Ichigo becoming Captain-Commander. It's definitely possible, but I can't see Ichigo abandoning his family and his human nakama for a leadership role. His primary goal has always just been to protect those close to him, and I don't know about him giving up his humanity to do it. I won't rule it out though.

I think, concerning Yamamoto's replacement, Toushiro is a good bet. Ukitake's illness and Kyouraku's laziness are both big factors preventing either of them from succeeding him, and a lot of the others seem more fit for just leading their specific divisions (Kenpachi, Soi Fon, Kurotsuchi, etc.). Toushiro's been mentioned multiple times to have prodigious talent, and I think Kyouraku mentioned that he anticipated that he would surpass him some day. And Yamamoto's monologue during the Aizen fight made it sound like only a prodigy could take his place as Captain-Commander (though it might potentially rule out Toushiro as well, since he said no one had been born yet who could surpass him).

Of course, it probably wouldn't happen for awhile, since he still seems to be pretty young. I just think an adult Toushiro would seem pretty apt to replace Yama someday. It'd definitely be interesting to see the leadership of the Gotei 13 passed from Flame to Ice. Maybe it'd be symbolic or something?

Thats...a pretty good post and explanation. The only other captains I could see maybe doing it, would be Unohana or Shinji. Probably not Unohana, she seems planted firmly in her squad.
\

#2099 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Apr 20 2012, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's very true, but I get the feeling something will somehow force him to be a permanent Shinigami. That's why I think Ichigo will become CC at the end of the series. I think it would be a fitting way to end the series.

248793.jpg

#2100 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 19 2012, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats...a pretty good post and explanation. The only other captains I could see maybe doing it, would be Unohana or Shinji. Probably not Unohana, she seems planted firmly in her squad.

Thanks!

I could also see either of them taking over, but like you, I think Unohana is probably more suited to her specific division. I guess I have a tougher time seeing the captains of the specialty divisions (Medical Corps, R & D, Close Combat) and the ones who seem to have additional duties (Stealth Force, Kuchika Clan head) becoming Captain-Commander than the captains of the 'regular' divisions. Komamura might be a good bet too, since he seems to have similar ideals to Yamamoto. That might preclude him too, though, if the new Captain-Commander is supposed to bring change to S.S. or something.

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's very true, but I get the feeling something will somehow force him to be a permanent Shinigami. That's why I think Ichigo will become CC at the end of the series. I think it would be a fitting way to end the series.

That would be pretty interesting. Ichigo gives up being a Shinigami to defeat Aizen, resets, and then gives up being a human to defeat King Quincy. I guess time will tell, it'd definitely be an interesting development.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 20 April 2012 - 11:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users