Boku No Hero Academia

• Please log in to reply
4201 replies to this topic

#3341 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:26 AM

Its been awhile so let me give a recap:

The arc is dragging but...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3342 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

That line about "you have a good childhood friend" was frankly embarrassing, and it was insulting that All Might was the one to say it. Horikoshi's obsession with Bakugou is disgusting.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3343 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

That line about "you have a good childhood friend" was frankly embarrassing, and it was insulting that All Might was the one to say it. Horikoshi's obsession with Bakugou is disgusting.

Coolest guy ever!

#3344 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Coolest guy ever!

What he hasn't killed anyone yet. This is just them shilling the is character improved...somewhat.

#3345 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

What he hasn't killed anyone yet. This is just them shilling the is character improved...somewhat.

I just felt saying it. But Ill be lying if I say it didnt insult my intelligence. Ill go far as saying, Its a crime to make me remember Naruto.

#3346 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:53 AM

Its been awhile so let me give a recap:

The arc is dragging but...

To me this arc is one of the weak spots of the series admittedly because while it is is to give class b their time to shine it is also so generically structured like a typical Shonen competitive sports series that it loses all meaning because it is a back and forth win- loss- draw to build up tension yet it ultimately goes down to the last two matches to settle everything. Not to mention some of my favourite secondary characters Like Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami, and even Todoroki are used as sacrificial lambs to show case Class B as the main "casts' equals" then have Bakugou and Midoriya cinch the wins because they are the main characters. I don't feel very satisfied with this arc all in all because of this.

THIS I agree with. It is one thing to have such creator's favoritism for Bakugo to the point of handing him character development and and wins like entitled candy but give me an effing break with the whole "He and and Deku ARE GOOD FRIENDS" because after the age of 4 they were anything but that. it is the whole brotherly connection BS that Naruto and Sasuke have all over again. Honestly it wouldn't bother me so much if the relationship actually shows to be more than what it is but there is no indication that they are "friends by any stretch of the imagination" nor should they be called such. It is brain numbing stupid that the only factor that glues the relationship between these two together besides their rivalry is Deku's childhood nostalgia about how things used to be. I've honestly had enough of these farce relationships about rivals having some sort of harped on hidden brotherhood and closeness, yet the only aspect of their relationship that is  shown being that they are fueled by envy of each other and want to surpass the other person, plus having other characters SHOVE the fact that these two rivals are secretly friends down the audiences's throats. This is the ONE aspect that I completely detest, despite this being being in my top two of favourite manga and anime series of all time.

Deku does NOT NEED to consider every person that is not a villain in his world his good friend to be a drive to rescue them and work together with them. A hero is not someone that rescues and saves someone because they "love that person, or are uncompromising-ly compassionate", a hero is someone that rescues and saves anyone they can, even if they don't particularly like that person. They will be even willing to work with a person that they don't like to achieve a goal , because that is what heroes do. Deku already has shown this and the feeling is mutual with Bakugo so they DON'T NEED others saying what great friends they are because they are not, they are rivals that want to surpass each other and All Might, but are capable of being civil and respectful to one another at the same time  

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2018 - 10:02 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3347 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:37 AM

It was his character, you guys! He is Number One!

#3348 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, but it's not a surprise really, you see it so often childhood bullies are treated like good childhood friends like the mangaka thinks that the readers a have sieve for a brain. Then again, the bad boy trope is popular in all mediums, they specially appeal to a large portion of the female demographic.

As for this chapter, I'm surprised they didn't come up with a plan of action to utilise the three other members strengths, Thinking about it, the ability to make sticky balls the ability to produce acid and the ability make yourself and anything you touch float could be used in many different ways to spring traps on the opponents team using Deku as bait, hopefully the mangaka does something clever with the three powers working together.

iAnby7W.gif

#3349 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

It's incredibly ironic that Horikoshi can write Endeavor so well, and yet he can't bring himself to do the same for Bakugou. It's a stretch to hope for a quirk-erasing bullet to hit him at this point (meanwhile Endeavor gets a nasty karmic scar across his face).

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3350 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:52 AM

Izuku's in trouble....

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3351 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:11 PM

Has the mangaka forgotten his own characters this arc? First we have Momo getting outsmarted, then we have a team with Shouto and Tenya scrape a draw, then we have Bakugou working well in a team, and now we have Deku who we've seen this entire manga analysing everything in his little book, coming up with such a basic strategy that the opponent will easily figure out and counter. They were even told earlier they were at a disadvantage as the opponents knew more about them than the other way around, so would need to up their game.

Have to say I'm kind of disappointed with this arc so far, Team A are coming off as muscle heads with no real plan, where Team B are not only coming out to be the better organised and smarter, also some of their quirks seem more OP than most of Class A.

iAnby7W.gif

#3352 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

Has the mangaka forgotten his own characters this arc? First we have Momo getting outsmarted, then we have a team with Shouto and Tenya scrape a draw, then we have Bakugou working well in a team, and now we have Deku who we've seen this entire manga analysing everything in his little book, coming up with such a basic strategy that the opponent will easily figure out and counter. They were even told earlier they were at a disadvantage as the opponents knew more about them than the other way around, so would need to up their game.

Have to say I'm kind of disappointed with this arc so far, Team A are coming off as muscle heads with no real plan, where Team B are not only coming out to be the better organised and smarter, also some of their quirks seem more OP than most of Class A.

Just kind of?

#3353 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Some of these class B students powers seem kind of useless outside these team fight. Double impact: a place where a impact occurred the guy can make it happen again. How is that useful?

#3354 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

Some of these class B students powers seem kind of useless outside these team fight. Double impact: a place where a impact occurred the guy can make it happen again. How is that useful?

It's more of a convenient since Class B are solely underdeveloped and would amount to being obstacles for the sake of arc. The weird part about this is how many quirks from both sides are team-based, yet we hardly get that many. Sure, there's this arc, but it's not like the fundamental will carry on to the next arc afterward. The lack of choreograph doesn't help either. By no means, I'm not here to start a fire, but this is where Black Clover does it right. Everyone is more of a fighter yet the teamwork ends up refreshing, For supporters, they actually work as intended. I was hoping for this arc to show some of that, but now, I'm just thinking, "Maybe Class B should receive Return to Shiganshina Arc treatment."

#3355 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

This is BlueStars favorite arc after all lol 😂

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3356 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

This is BlueStars favorite arc after all lol 😂

Honestly, I want to mention it in my review so bad.

#3357 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

This is BlueStars favorite arc after all lol

Am I going to regret asking who BlueStar is?

iAnby7W.gif

#3358 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

Am I going to regret asking who BlueStar is?

a fellow narusaku member on the forums, he's got the volume 66 cover as his avatar.   

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3359 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:00 AM

This. ^ completely agreed

Izuku's in trouble....

Well hopefully that develops into an interesting plot point. One thing that I enjoy a lot about the series is that some thought is put into it and things foreshadowed are played up in a meaningful manner 

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2018 - 10:16 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3360 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

Latest chapter tries to flesh-out the annoying one a bit, other then that Deku power keep going off of control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users