• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

So Kiba is beyond hated in the west, like probably more than Sakura.

I dont understand why, he isnt my favorite but I cant really say I hate him. I just wanted to know if the hate was the same in Japan. 

43iduct.jpg

#2 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

Wait, what? Kiba is hated? For what reason would he be hated for? What has he done? I mean he was kind of an jerk to Naruto during the exams, but besides that, I can't think of the reasons.

Do you have any quotes of people hating on him? I'm not sure what sort of argument someone would make.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#3 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

He's hated here? You'd think he'd be praised by the NH fandom for giving their ship a push during the war. Well that's what it seems like to them that is.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#4 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

I never knew he was "hated" but I did make him an ass in my fanfic but my reasons for that is that he's naturally stubborn and harsh in nature.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#5 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

On other forums mostly Narutobase he gets alot of hate. Again I dont know why but he does, apparently its not as loud but its there. 

Edited by Kster95, 16 February 2014 - 02:59 AM.

43iduct.jpg

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

Did hatedom EVER make sense?  :mellow:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 February 2014 - 03:23 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

In Japan he gets bashed a lot for being stupid. But I don't think he's genuinely hated. If anything, people consider him a joke character alongside the Hyuuga family, Tobirama, Naruto, and Sasuke. They make fun of how weak and useless he is, but they don't necessarily hate him.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#8 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

oh i heard of that, in the west they hate him because he's a loudmouth.

in japan i think tsunade, kakashi are hated. lol.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#9 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

^wait, what? Kakashi?? i thought he was pretty popular there.

#10 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Kakashi and tsunade hated? How? I always suspected they were characters that people really didn't have issues with, given kakashi had his own shortcomings but obito was just unfortunate and rin chose to die to protect the village and tsunade just couldn't save dan and her brother was a casualty of war. If theres a large group of people who hate them that's actually surprising since I would expect most hate to be generated at characters to who most people say do not commit much action in the series

Hate towards Kiba? Well to me he really is just a comic relief character I mean he hasn't really had a solid situation of his own in part 2. Only having moments of screentime in the itachi pursuit and five kage summit, while like everyone else coming into certain parts of the war. Other than this I don't see him as much more than comic relief.

Kinda like the before situation of how all of naruto's classmates (minus Sakura) and Sai (in place of neji)  jumped into his chakra tails to each use a rasengan orb to break obitos shield. I do kinda feel that Sakura not in this situation was also like a means to use everyone at least before giving her that position to try and heal naruto. I mean while she is still there trying to heal him, team guy should get some screentime next for using the pots (again if the brothers energy could be used or if they could manage to seal madara temporarily to try and get black zetsu, whatever happens team guy should have some role).

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#11 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

It's like hating Naruto. They're alike in character.

Edited by T XD, 16 February 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#12 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Agree with that. Kiba just like the 2nd naruto..hmm...well,kind of irritating sometimes..but, overall im cool with his character..for me, I think kiba is perfect for hinata...yeah..I know there no sign of love spark between them..I mean if people talkin about bestfriend can become your lover issues, i think they are more suitable for it..on the bright side, they even support each other too beside naruto...dont forget, shino...ughh..too much fanfiction happening inside my brain. And also need to keep in mind, this is shounen.
2ivn2tv.jpg

#13 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I didn't realize Kiba was hated in the west. :headscratch: I've never seen him bashed anywhere. I don't care for him that much, he's alright, nothing that really stands out, but nothing hate worthy either.

#14 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

I have seen hate for him on the Narutobase along with Sakura and the Third Hokage. I wonder if Forneverworld has any influence on his hate cause I remember him saying Kiba was annoying in part 2. 

#15 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Kiba and Naruto are alike in a few ways ... but I don't often compare them to each other because nothing stands out between them from me. Yeah, they're both not entirely smart, impatient, and a little short-tempered, but I see Naruto as a more likable character because he was more depth and is not as "intense" anymore as Kiba is. To be honest, I don't really care about Kiba. He's funny sometimes and I don't hate him, but I don't like him either.

I'm kinda surprised he's hated though. What's there to hate about him? He's the type of character that's just there .... though not as much as Tenten. :P 

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#16 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

I have seen some Kiba hate in the gaiaonline Naruto forums...not much mind you,but there are some people who let it be know to all that Kiba is not liked by them...not one bit. 

I like him, I don't see how one could not like him. true, he isn't as charming as Naruto, and he was annoying at the start, but then, in my opinion, most of the characters (if not all) were annoying at the start. 

It doesn't matter much, because we all ended up loving different characters for different reasons. 

well, I say all, but i mean, most people....the ones that don't hate on characters. 

Also, i feel like adding, I don't hate on any character, I love all of them. I dislike certain pairings, but I won't get into that here. I just want to be clear, I'm pretty sure many people on youtube etc, assume I hate Hinata;but I don't.   :pinch:  and I have no idea why I felt the urge to share that here...  :sweatdrop:

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#17 itsmesakura

itsmesakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga physics, biology, maths, and probably every lesson at school (coz I love to study!), celebrities, trivia/quizzes, adventure, writing diaries/journals, visiting the orphan, going out with my friends, and everything that smells like school, and lesson, and challenging

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Maybe Kiba was hated because of his connection or relationship to Hinata, and probably his loudmouth, stubborn, etc... But I don't think that is a very logical reason to hate him... Just because of his personality, he was hated, and tht kinda express how people just love to judge others and dislike someone who they didn't like... And, Kiba is almost as the same as Naruto.. People love the Fishcake (Narutomaki), but why didn't they like KIba??? It must have been something to do with their beloved Hinata...

Tbh I don't get character hating or some sort... I mean, they maybe just a cartoon character, not even real... But, their personality, their traits, etc, is something to be discovered and looked at, and we must learn to appreciate it.. I think thts every Manga creator think, or intended... Creating various characters that portrays a real person, is to help others to understand each individual, each human being, better... If we hate a character (bash them), it shows how we only prefer a much nicer and my-type-person character, and didn't understand other character

If you want something JUST GO FOR IT

#18 itsmesakura

itsmesakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga physics, biology, maths, and probably every lesson at school (coz I love to study!), celebrities, trivia/quizzes, adventure, writing diaries/journals, visiting the orphan, going out with my friends, and everything that smells like school, and lesson, and challenging

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

I have seen hate for him on the Narutobase along with Sakura and the Third Hokage. I wonder if Forneverworld has any influence on his hate cause I remember him saying Kiba was annoying in part 2. 

I believe you have ever mention Forneverworld b4, @BlueStarSaber... I hear that person is a Hinata worshipper... But in my opinion, it could me... Because ya know, when you hate a character, bash them give other haters a good look at your skill, you'll be welcome, and then probably be idolize, be liked, be adored, and maybe be followed (like Lunaneko14.. Her posts are to NH fans logical, and some of them will be defending her hard if they found some hate on her)

If you want something JUST GO FOR IT

#19 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

I do not know if he is generally hated or not... but it is true I have seen him bashed in fics, usually for people thinks he is in the way of NH or for the unforgivable sin of mocking Naruto way back in the Chuunin Exams.

People love the Fishcake (Narutomaki), but why didn't they like KIba??? It must have been something to do with their beloved Hinata...

Oh, I am sure of that can not possibly be the case. God knows fandom never hate characters out of random, biased, hypocrital reasons, bad first impressions, double standards, or shipping issues.

Sarcastic? Who? Me?

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#20 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I don't see Kiba as being "the same as Naruto". The traits they have in common are superficial -- being loud, blunt and socially extroverted -- and beyond those basic characteristics, I don't see where they have a whole lot in common. Like RomanceGirl said, Kiba is just kind of there.

Maybe Kiba was hated because of his connection or relationship to Hinata, and probably his loudmouth, stubborn, etc... But I don't think that is a very logical reason to hate him... Just because of his personality, he was hated, and tht kinda express how people just love to judge others and dislike someone who they didn't like... And, Kiba is almost as the same as Naruto.. People love the Fishcake (Narutomaki), but why didn't they like KIba??? It must have been something to do with their beloved Hinata...

I've actually seen Naruto hated quite a lot in the past for reasons that had nothing to do with pairings.

I'm not really sure what Hinata would have to do with Kiba hate though, since he's often been used in pro-NH arguments; to confirm that Sakura was lying in her confession and that his comment to Naruto about "acting tough" in front of Hinata was a hint to romantic feelings on Naruto's side. It also doesn't really seem fair to blame Kiba hate as being a product of Hinata fans. :ermm:

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 17 February 2014 - 02:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users