• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#21 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

That scene with Rin looking all serious when Obito was trying to hide his injuries ... I think that's the fiercest look I've ever seen on her face tongue.gif. Turns out Rin's more than just a sweet and gentle girl. She seems to have a strong will too. Really reminded me of Sakura. biggrin.gif And the Obito flashbacks of him with his team and him trying to kiss Rin, god that made me laugh XD. I really feel like I'm looking at Naruto when I see Obito.

That's the sad part. I want to know what happens to Rin but I'm also dreading Obito's turn to the dark side sad.gif. It'll be like Sakura dying and Naruto turning evil to me shamefulcry0js.gif. And I'm becoming such a ObiRin shipper because of these chapters lately laugh.gif wub.gif.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Next chapter i'll drop manly tears.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Now after this chapter, who of you guys still thinks there could be another pairing then NS??

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

I was laughing at the other guy who resembles Tobi saying poo and how does it feel to poo lol to him. And I agree about love being a very important theme in the manga looks like Kishi wants to make it important at least. I have a feeling Naruto might confess to Sakura sooner than we think probably after this fight when she's treating his injuries.

PhenixElite@ I will still hold on to my theory that Rin secretly love Obito but she eventually die before having a chance to meet up with him again.

Edited by Gravenimage, 26 September 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 26 2012, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was laughing at the other guy who resembles Tobi saying poo and how does it feel to poo lol to him. And I agree about love being a very important theme in the manga looks like Kishi wants to make it important at least. I have a feeling Naruto might confess to Sakura sooner than we think probably after this fight when she's treating his injuries.

PhenixElite@ I will still hold on to my theory that Rin secretly love Obito but she eventually die before having a chance to meet up with him again.

Yeah i also think so. But now that we have seen that the relationship between obito and rin is nearly the same like naruto and sakura, i cant imagine another pairing then narusaku because i dont think kishi lets naruto suffer the same like obito.

#26 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Sep 26 2012, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah i also think so. But now that we have seen that the relationship between obito and rin is nearly the same like naruto and sakura, i cant imagine another pairing then narusaku because i dont think kishi lets naruto suffer the same like obito.

Yep Kishi has made it too darn obvious to just pull out a SS or a NH from his magical hat. He's a big time parallel whore he's in love with parallels and NS has too many parallels that any kind of person can see clearly the pairing he supports. NH and SS fans will never admit the truth but let's face it NS is part of Kishi's gran design.

Edited by Gravenimage, 26 September 2012 - 10:55 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#27 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 26 2012, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep Kishi has made it too darn obvious to just pull out a SS or a NH from his magical hat. He's a big time parallel whore he's in love with parallels and NS has too many parallels that any kind of person can see clearly the pairing he supports. NH and SS fans will never admit the truth but let's face it NS is part of Kishi's gran design.

Totally agree! biggrin.gif

#28 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 26 2012, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope so, but he's still a stubborn guy when it comes to his promise to Sakura, and even though she "released" him from his promise, he still holds himself responsible. He'd have to disregard the promise himself before he would confess.

So is watching the "mist" ninjas kill Rin the reason why he becomes Mizukage?

I like the theory that the mist-nins are zetsus but wouldn't his Sharingan detect that? Maybe like the symbiote, the Tobi armor is able to block out or manipulate this ability.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#29 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Sep 26 2012, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope so, but he's still a stubborn guy when it comes to his promise to Sakura, and even though she "released" him from his promise, he still holds himself responsible. He'd have to disregard the promise himself before he would confess.

So is watching the "mist" ninjas kill Rin the reason why he becomes Mizukage?

I like the theory that the mist-nins are zetsus but wouldn't his Sharingan detect that? Maybe like the symbiote, the Tobi armor is able to block out or manipulate this ability.

No i dont think if they are zetsus would make an impact, the purpose is her death makes obito realize how the world is so i do believe they are real ninjas.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#30 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Well for me this chapter was okay again, I mean nothing really happened this chapter until the end really. Those flashbacks while heart warming and all weren't needed, the only thing that really saved this chapter to me was the humor especially the spiral Zetsu and his obsession with poo laugh.gif .

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#31 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 26 2012, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody wanna take bets.... --Click here to view--
On the so-called Mist Ninja being Zetsus?? think about it. Madara is a master manipulator. I'm damn sure he ordered the Zetsus to kill Rin and Kakashi.

Anyways, a fairly good chapter. The humor with the Zetsus were a bit out of place, but overall, the rest were good. Gotta love Obito trying to kiss Rin in the photo and being caught by Kakashi. The Uchiha loopyness strikes again laugh.gif .

You don't get it? One of the Zetsus had Tobi's personality...or the personality that Obito masked himself in.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#32 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

*sigh*

I don't know.... Feels like the same song, just the lyrics have been changed a little.

It's being set up to be Rin's fault, that Obito's deep hatred was forged out of his deep love. But it's just hard to think right now that a kid — an average shinobi, at that — could turn around in a few short years and become powerful enough to knock off the most powerful nins of the age and control the kyuubi.

A few years training in a cave won't bring that kind of expertise.

Also, Madara's peace-love-and-happiness genjutsu.... I've always hated that. How does a super-villain decide he wants to drape the world in unicorns and rainbows? Where did that come from? They are supposedly descendant from the Sage of the Six Path's son that wanted to rule the world through power, not peace, right? So why does Madara want to control everything with an illusion of peace?

It would be more realistic if Madara wanted to unite the world and end strife, and he wanted all the credit for it as the correct choice of the Sage's descendants. That he is the most powerful and he wants the glory for it.

I guess the thing that bothers me here is that Madara/Obito/insert-villain-of-you-choice are turning out to be like Danzo. Striving for peace through power and treachery. But still, striving for peace.

The villains in Naruto never pan out to be truly villainous — meaning they have some lofty goal they work for, instead of the most likely cause: their own personal power.

Anyway, I know there's more to go with this arc. I was just hoping for a more creative storyline, some surprising plot twists. But right now, it's just pretty much straight-forward jealousy-loss-revenge. And here I was enjoying taking a break from Sasuke! But we have his replacement avenger queuing up instead: Obito.

@Codus, I like your idea that the zetsus are setting up the battle. I noticed that too, that they were suddenly friendly. Also, on that last page, bottom right hand picture, is that supposed to be Madara? Head bent, long black hair falling around his face, bare back shown? It's after Obito's been swallowed up by Zetsu, so I can only think it must be Madara listening in on what's going on. Which means that yeah, he planned it.

#33 Rikudo Sennin

Rikudo Sennin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Nice chapter, as i suspected Obito realized that he was being used but had to put up with it because he couldn't leave yet. He trained and rehabilitated. Now he'll go on the battlefield and lose Rin. I still think that dying Rin will be the only one to see Obito. Kakashi won't have a clue of Obito being alive. The whole situation is suspect but i think Kakashi and Rin will get seperated during the fight. The zetsus are aware of Obito's desire to return to Kakashi and Rin. They act all dumb and funny but there is definitive dark undertone regarding their purpose, origin and were their loyalties lie. I still think that Rin did love Obito and she will tell him right before she dies. This in turn will lead him to fully accept Madara's teaching and training. Most likely we'll also see Obito awaken his MS. Obito's story is parallel to Naruto's in so many ways. From dead last to one of the strongest ninja in the world. Coming close to defeating his mentor, the most respected/feared ninja of his time Minato only after a few years in training.

#34 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Wasn't it mentioned in the same story about the Sage of the Six Paths that both of his sons dreamed about the peace. Just so that their methods differed. From what I recall the path Madara has taken is the same as the one of his ancestor.

About the chapter: Did you take notce how Obito erased Kakashi from his mental team picture. I'd say that is the first step down the path he has taken and next chapter will bring a total fall. It is also possibility that the Zetsu surrounding Obito will be the one to kill Rin.
Uchihas seem to suck at grieving, they just can't live through hardsips without blaming something/-one, neither are they willing to live in regret. Wanna bet Madaras plan is to revive his brother in the genjutsu, so he doesn't need to feel remorse and he can justify everything with "greater good".
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#35 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Sep 26 2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh*

I don't know.... Feels like the same song, just the lyrics have been changed a little.

It's being set up to be Rin's fault, that Obito's deep hatred was forged out of his deep love. But it's just hard to think right now that a kid — an average shinobi, at that — could turn around in a few short years and become powerful enough to knock off the most powerful nins of the age and control the kyuubi.

Also, Madara's peace-love-and-happiness genjutsu.... I've always hated that. How does a super-villain decide he wants to drape the world in unicorns and rainbows? Where did that come from? They are supposedly descendant from the Sage of the Six Path's son that wanted to rule the world through power, not peace, right? So why does Madara want to control everything with an illusion of peace?

It would be more realistic if Madara wanted to unite the world and end strife, and he wanted all the credit for it as the correct choice of the Sage's descendants. That he is the most powerful and he wants the glory for it.

I guess the thing that bothers me here is that Madara/Obito/insert-villain-of-you-choice are turning out to be like Danzo. Striving for peace through power and treachery. But still, striving for peace.

The villains in Naruto never pan out to be truly villainous — meaning they have some lofty goal they work for, instead of the most likely cause: their own personal power.

Anyway, I know there's more to go with this arc. I was just hoping for a more creative storyline, some surprising plot twists. But right now, it's just pretty much straight-forward jealousy-loss-revenge. And here I was enjoying taking a break from Sasuke! But we have his replacement avenger queuing up instead: Obito.

@Codus, I like your idea that the zetsus are setting up the battle. I noticed that too, that they were suddenly friendly. Also, on that last page, bottom right hand picture, is that supposed to be Madara? Head bent, long black hair falling around his face, bare back shown? It's after Obito's been swallowed up by Zetsu, so I can only think it must be Madara listening in on what's going on. Which means that yeah, he planned it.

I prefer her death to by a destiny thing, prefer her to die in a battle against real ninja instead of zetsus, if madara planned it there would have any kind of impact, if kishi wants her death to be more dramatic so it's better to be real ninjas, it would not be "cool" if she dies because some plan of madara there's no sense to do this, madara wants to obito realize that it's the world's fate that made rin die not madara himself.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#36 Rikudo Sennin

Rikudo Sennin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Sep 26 2012, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I beg to differ, a few years of training in a cave and having the most powerful,knowledgable ninja in the world teaching you. And on top of that having undestructable willpower to succeed will make you become one of the most powerful ninjas around.

I remember an interview long ago in which Kishi stated that he didn't believe in black and white villains, to him there always has to be a reason why someone turns into a villian. Tobi seemed like the most likely canditate to go against this set pattern, especially when he was casually snapping necks, trying to kill a minute old baby, ect. Yet in the end not even he is black and white.

What exactly is your problem with Danzo? Just because in his mind he's striving for peace doesn't in any way justify his actions. In fact to me he is one of the most disgusting, cowardly villains in the series and i do believe that that was the point Kishi was trying to make. That just because we consider the Leaf to be the good guys doesn't mean that they haven't had their share of rotten apples.

If there is a single constant in Kishi's storytelling it's that every action wether good or bad has consequences.

I think the bare back person is Obito, he answers Zetsu's question with silence. As for the dark surrounding him, maybe that's how it feels being inside the zetsu.

Edited by Rikudo Sennin, 26 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#37 rockwill

rockwill

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I think we are about to find out how obito gets his Mangekyō Sharingan next chapter cool.gif

#38 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Very good chapter. I thought the humor was well-placed in this one as opposed to the last one, and I like how Zetsu and Tobi (because, really, that Zetsu clone seems to be the old Tobi to a T, no pun intended) are trying to delude Obito also. It's pretty obvious that Madara's using the guise of "peace and love" for his plan when in reality he just wants control and is only using these explanations for manipulation.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#39 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Everything is so kittened up if u ask me..all of this..for a girl.. ;x but anyway..nice chapter biggrin.gif laughed at the poo thing biggrin.gif and Obito is really cute with long hair..

#40 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Inori @ Sep 26 2012, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything is so kittened up if u ask me..all of this..for a girl.. ;x but anyway..nice chapter biggrin.gif laughed at the poo thing biggrin.gif and Obito is really cute with long hair..

I'll admit, I'm still iffy about the Rin thing being his entire motivation (and hoping that it really turns out that it isn't), but if Kishi keeps doing this as he has, then it might turn out alright. This chapter really got me to start feeling for Obito, mostly due to that little growth montage - which was done excellently, by the way - and to notice more how getting back to Kakashi and Rin is the only thing keeping him going. If Kishi handles this right, then Rin dying just might be buy-able enough for driving Obito over the edge.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users