• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

BANGKOK - Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.

So this great actor, who was in the middle of a movie shoot, allegedly hung himself. Something smells fishy to me, but regardless of the circumstances, it saddening to see such an influential man die.

R.I.P

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Damn, I just heard of it earlier and I recognized him because he played Bill from Kill Bill

RIP sad.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

I wonder what was so bad in his life that it drove him to suicide? Especially at his age? Guess we'll never know....

RIP David Carradine

uc.png

#4 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

I remember growing up and watching Kung Fu. And I remember Kung Fu the Legend Continues. Brings back memories of my childhood. Sad to see him go.

#5 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

Just read that it wasn't suicide it was an accidental death via auto-erotic asphyxiation.

#6 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

sweatdrop.gif

#7 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

Just like the guy from INXS! people and their weird habits. I don't understand how nearly killing yourself is supposed to be pleasurable.

please don't respond to this rhetorical question I know the theory I just think it is stupid

Edited by Verilance, 05 June 2009 - 04:14 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#8 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Right after I watched that Bruce Lee movie, this happens. D: May he rest in peace....
I am still pinky-ash

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

via auto-erotic asphyxiation? Um people can copy that you know and make it look like they died from it. So I am say it murder until they say it officially that he died that way.

None the less Rip David Carradine

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 06 June 2009 - 07:40 PM.

#10 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 6 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
via auto-erotic asphyxiation? Um people can copy that you know and make it look like they died from it. So I am say it murder until they say it officially that he died that way.

None the less Rip David Carradine

I did this when I heard ------> :rofl:

There were zero signs of foul play/forced entry/struggle.
Not that murder can be discounted all together, I'm just saying that .... erm well nevermind.
..May his soul rest in peace.. (-/\-)

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#11 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 6 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did this when I heard ------> :rofl:

There were zero signs of foul play/forced entry/struggle.
Not that murder can be discounted all together, I'm just saying that .... erm well nevermind.
..May his soul rest in peace.. (-/\-)

He could have know the person you know. I am not saying it was just that, I was just point that out it until it Official and all.

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 6 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He could have know the person you know. I am not saying it was just that, I was just point that out it until it Official and all.

rolleyes.gif

He was in Bangkok, probably got himself mixed with those (pardon my language) hookers. Then the sex games got him killed, he's 72, the heart doesn't work that well.

Murder is definitely out of the question, if it was a friend, there would be signs of struggle around the scene even if there was no forced entry.

#13 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 6 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif

He was in Bangkok, probably got himself mixed with those (pardon my language) hookers. Then the sex games got him killed, he's 72, the heart doesn't work that well.

Murder is definitely out of the question, if it was a friend, there would be signs of struggle around the scene even if there was no forced entry.

I know but the Hookers could have killed him DURING THE ACT before he got to have a struggle. I am not use to talking about stuff like this.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 06 June 2009 - 11:50 PM.

#14 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 6 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know but the Hookers could have killed him DURING THE ACT before he got to have a struggle. I am not use to talking about stuff like this.

LOLWUT.

When somebody is in the midst of being murdered, I think there would be signs of struggle. mellow.gif

#15 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Whether it was foul play or not.

RIP David Carradine.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#16 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

He died in Thailand, and I wouldn't trust what their sham of a police force says. He could of easily been murdered.

Nevertheless, RIP
\

#17 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

[Quote from Wiki] Article - Erotic Asphyxiation

The idea for this most likely came from subjects who were executed by hanging.

Hanging.

HANGING.

Nuff' said.

#18 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 7 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOLWUT.

When somebody is in the midst of being murdered, I think there would be signs of struggle. mellow.gif

Not exactly, but never trust Thailand police I agree with Mike they don't have the best police force out their. They could have batched the investigation.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 08 June 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

Unless he was shot in the back of the head, a murder always shows signs of struggle.

Ever watch CSI? Or news reports on murder scenes?

Whatever.

Hard to believe he won't be back in the future for movies. I enjoyed Kill Bill.

#20 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 8 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless he was shot in the back of the head, a murder always shows signs of struggle.

Ever watch CSI? Or news reports on murder scenes?

Whatever.

Hard to believe he won't be back in the future for movies. I enjoyed Kill Bill.

Yes I have watched Csi and other investigation show. They could have been behind him and straggled him before he got to act in his deviance.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 08 June 2009 - 11:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users