Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 25 2012, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When do episodes air, though?

The series premiere on Nickelodeon April 14 the first two episodes were leaked so there won't be anymore episodes until the series premieres.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Yeah I watched the on watchcartoononline.com. pretty interesting though I found that policeman thing idiotic rolleyes.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Reply to Torxe 1) --Click here to view--
QUOTE (Torxe)
She still needs to master the whole spiritual side of the bending, at the moment she just sees bending as a martial art instead of a way to live. (if that even makes sense). Also, bending has apparently changed a whole lot because all of them being used in the same city, they had to create ways to bend faster and be less vulnerable while bending (as displayed in pro-bending). Korra's been taught the traditional way of bending while she now trains in the more "modern styles" by pro-bending and is being teached airbending by Tenzin.

I think the story might be too similar too ATLA: The legend of Aang. In addition to different difficulties in bending ( Aang, Earth and Korra, Wind) they also have to learn other things.

Ah, true, there is the spiritual aspect of it--as well as how it will fit into the new society Republic City (?) has. Which ties into your point about how bending has been turned into a martial art rather than a way of life: given that the world is no longer at war, and the nations aren't vying for dominance, how will bending fit into the new society beyond a fighting style or spiritual practice? It'll be interesting to see how they have Korra handle the question of what exactly bending means to the people of the new society, as it's something she needs to discover for herself as well. For her entire life, it's just been something that comes naturally to her, something that she excels in and that sets her apart from others due to having the ability to bend all four elements. But as we saw with her training with Tenzin, and with her striving to find a functional style, she probably hasn't ever really considered what all goes into bending or how it ties into her life beyond being "the coolest thing ever".

I don't know if I'd say it's too similar just yet; Aang's journey involved bringing the four nations together while finding harmony within himself by mastering the elements and the philosophies behind them (kind of). Korra's journey, so far, seems like it'll be about coming to understand the core of what bending means to herself and society as a whole by getting hands-on experience of how different factions/groups/whatever use bending. *shrug* They do seem to have similar elements (cheerful main character, goofy side character, responsible side character that will be a love interest, pets) but the environment for each series differ enough to provide different paths for character and plot development, especially since the first series was rather environment-heavy in relation to development of all aspects of the show.

/aaaaaand that's my ramble on that lol Sorry it got wordy.

#44 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 26 2012, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The series premiere on Nickelodeon April 14 the first two episodes were leaked so there won't be anymore episodes until the series premieres.

That sucks.

#45 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 26 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sucks.

I hear you. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#46 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

JUST SAW THE TWO EPS. OMG MY OVARIES
but really you should go watch like now, spoilers now is just embarrassing --Click here to view--

THE MUSIC. THE BENDING. THE ANIMATION. THE CHARACTERS. AHHHHH argh1.png

The music holy mother♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ god♥♥♥♥ my ♥♥♥♥ing ears. EVERYTHING about the music is gorgeous. I want to weep, it's so ♥♥♥♥ing beautiful. THE TRACK TEAM COULD GET IT.

The bending has definitely improved. The combinations coupled with the cinematography and martial styles really makes the bending art badass. Not to mention DAT PRO-BENDING. can you imagine how the CHAMPIONSHIPS will be like? ALL FOUR ELEMENTS TOGETHER ON ONE PLATFORM. my body ;_;

ALL the characters are amazing. I haven't seen anyone who annoys me at all, just yet. I'm loving Tenzin's kids (Meelo is my spirit animal tbh, what a little ♥♥♥♥). Lin BEIFONG seems so jaded and pissed at her lineage, I hope her childhood wasn't as bad as I think it was.

The Korra/Mako/Bolin team seems flawless. I hope to see Korra realize some fears or something, she seems dangerously overconfident (not that I don't love it, it's just hard to relate to her). Mako doesn't really seem like the true ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag people are labeling him as. He's got some other ~plans lbr, like a type of frustration or something he's concentrating on on the ~inside. Bolin is my FAVORITE. I can't with this guy. I'm going to enjoy seeing more of him, definitely.

In fact, I can't wait for the inevitable Mako/Bolin childhood storyline. Fan guesswork says that they grew up on the streets. Which also leads me to believe is the reason why Mako is so srsbiz.

tl;dr I want moar...

Oh and the shipping. I'm really worried for people shipping already. I mean, sure have fun with it but omg don't make assumptions from nothing and claim it's real. I had been exposed to an enormous amount of this before watching the episodes, expecting SO MUCH - nothing. Korra and Mako, nothing. Bolin and Korra, nothing. The only legit thing I saw was from canon couples already established.

Not even the ~Makorra moment at the end of ep.2 seemed completely legit.

Mako seemed to be contemplating Korra's Avatar status, instead of her as a person. My predictions for Mako's goals are more so of his city's future, than his love-life. And as for Korra, I'm 99% sure she was thinking about opportunities more related to Pro-bending than love. Or at least MOSTLY about Pro-bending than who she's gonna tap. Seriously they just met. I mean, sure I admit when I see some hotty McMuffin with Batman eyebrows, I entertain ~ideas, but not with the amount of intensity that both Korra/Mako showed.

And even if the very distinct juxtaposition is arguably romantic, it seemed more one-sided (Mako's favor) than mutual. Korra really seemed to be excited for her Pro-bending future.

meh I guess I'm just scared for the Makorra shippers. GUYS THIS IS BRYKE. THEY'RE SHADY AS ♥♥♥♥! pls don't fall for the ship-baiting. (not to mention the fact that bystanders are deciding that Makorra shippers are bat♥♥♥♥ Zutarian shippers. nope pls)

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 18 2012, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you've misunderstood me. I did not say ATLA Was not good. I'm saying I'm not using it as a reason to watch legend of Korra. I'm judging to see if this show is good on it's own without the bias of how good it's predecessor was. If I say that Legend of Korra was going to be as good as Last Air Bender JUST BECAUSE the latter WAS good then I might be disappointed that the former doesn't measure up to it. Like I said I will Watch Legend of Korra And give my thoughts to the series itself not compare it to Last Air Bender

well of course. making judgments without bias is usually the way to go, but I was mainly talking about your rating of the old show.

why the 7/10? tell me in specifics, I'm interested.

QUOTE (coolcatjas @ Mar 24 2012, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could this be Aang per chance? He has facial hair :0~~!

Intro-Aang looks good tho. But I-It's not like I like him or anything, though!!

QUOTE (Kushina @ Mar 25 2012, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Korra's already mastering the four elements? I understand that this leaves room for more plot based on other aspects of her character, such as perfecting the styles she can fight with, or learning to cooperate with other benders, etc. It just seems kind of...odd that she's already getting close to mastering the one element she's had trouble with ever since she was a kid. *shrug* Need to wait for a couple more episodes before really judging how it works out, though, obviously.

2) This...thing between Korra and Mako. I have no problem with Mako being the love-interest, if that's where this is headed (and come on, it can't just be me thinking it's obvious, right?)--his personality is an interesting contrast to Korra's. He's subdued, focused, but not an a**hole; he's just a bit...well, maybe too focused on what he considers important, like pro-bending, to give much consideration to social courtesies. And through it, though, he still seems like a decent guy. I can see him and Korra balancing each other--Korra can get him riled or loosened up, and he can calm her down and help her focus. But...that bit at the end of them both looking out their windows all separated-lovers-style was kinda cringe-worthy. Not sure if it was meant to be romantic in any way, but it just screamed "Romeo and Juliet balcony-gazing cliche" to me, y'know? *shrug* I guess I'm just hoping that if there is a thing between them, it doesn't become too......well, mushy might be a good word? Too wistful and, er, Twilight? lol Iunno, maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions XD;

/ramble ramble ramble

you're pretty :3c --Click here to view--
1) You know I didn't have much of a problem with this until the end of the second ep.

There are multiple arguable factors that would justify Korra's high level of skill bending those elements prior to leaving her village. Her impatience probably determined the fact that all three elements were mastered together. Her personality tells me that she's always bending - she shows an overt amount of enthusiasm for the art as well. In fact, she doesn't seem the type to do much anything else - or at least the things expected of a growing teenage girl. And then the fact that she had a TON of time to bend. She's 17, she was bending all three when she was a toddler - that gives her easily 15 years to perfect each element.

I mean with all of the aforementioned factors (personality + quantity + quality + time) being applied together all the time in mind, I don't think I can really have a problem with her being so skilled.

UNTIL the end of episode 2. I honestly thought she wouldn't ~BE THE LEAF~ until a few episodes in. She showed a lot of obvious frustration and wasn't even close to getting it when she was with Tenzin. But then, suddenly by the end of the second friggin episode, she's a leaf in the fray. I'm not too sure I like it either, now.

However, I'll play devil's advocate. It's a kid's show, so I can't really blame Bryke for speeding up the process and leaving room for ~adventures and fun fun fun. Right now, it has 2 seasons and the first season has under 20 episodes. Finally it was a great climactic moment of the episode and the game-changer for the Pro-bending match; it's exciting, it's emotional, it works as a great finale in competitive sports.

Regardless, I'll agree with you Kushina. I'm gonna wait and see. Hopefully they'll slow it down some and take a breather in character development.

2) Sry2say but if Bryke has chosen Makorra as the IT pairing, we're in for some more cringe-worthy moments. They did it with Kataang, they'll do it again.

But oh god, I am white-knuckling my pearls hoping that they don't concentrate on the romance. The pro-bending part and the general shenanigans Korra went through in the city were my favorite parts. MORE OF THAT, LESS OF STARING OUT INTO THE OCEAN PLS argh1.png

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 26 2012, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Episodes 1 and 2 have already officially released, thus have premiered. I'm hoping that they won't disregard this fact and just put up reruns, instead of showing the next episode.

iirc the eps are off korranation (haven't checked), here's the [link] (right-click and Save As..) if they are.

updating probending section eventually
misc. updates as well

#47 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Whoa, so much has happened when I last came here. 2 episodes leaked already? And I thought it was gonna be a miniseries, similar to an OVA, but 2 seasons? Daaaang, mang.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 28 March 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#48 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

couple of small updates to my first post!
-few pencil tests
-more in-depth Pro-Bending info and rules
-family tree!

daaat kya

and omg Bumi's a non-bender? HMMMMM fu.png

#49 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Mar 27 2012, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you're thinking girl. argh1.png And it's wonderful.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#50 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

If you have yet to watch it, do it now!

#51 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Mar 28 2012, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you suggesting that he's Among?

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hey guys I have a confession to make here. It's not that I don't like Avatar. but there was this one kid that I met in Trinidad at my former school Saying it was "BETTER THAN NARUTO" and I completely wanted to rage at him because He said it while I was talking to my friend that was also into Naruto, but didn't watch it too much cause he did not know about watching it online and did not know about the manga. That kinda of ruined Avatar little bit for me, cause though I respect opinions I am not passionate about any thing on T.V. more Than Naruto ( Besides Fullmetal Alchemist) and wanted to tell him to F*** off because 1) he was not part of our conversation and 2.) I do say Naruto ( and FMA) is the best anime/manga ever, But I never told my friend my opinion nor boasted about it, I just wanted him to share my joy and shared fandom for Naruto. But I didn't tell the other guy off cause he was younger than me and the teachers were near us too, Though I did say "SO? I think Naruto is better than Avatar." and left it at that despite his childish retorts. Now that I got that off my chest I can enjoy Korra in in peace. smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 March 2012 - 01:28 AM.

#53 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Well, for all intents and purposes, its not an anime.

#54 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

^^ what he said. Avatar is not an anime. If it was... fights would never end in just 1 episode.
pretty much every fight would be 2-5 episodes minimum.... Just cause something is drawn
like an anime doesnt make it an actual anime @_@.

#55 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Mar 28 2012, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you suggesting that he's Among?

nah not seriously, but it's fun to speculate. there's like 5-6 available bachelors to theorize with.

Bumi, Sokka's Kid, Daddy Soto, Azula's kid, etc.
my favorite has to be The Cabbage Merchant's grandson tbh. I mean he has enough justification for wanting to wipe out all the benders. I would too if i had to witness the destruction of my one source of happiness every single day of my life, till the day i died.

it's enough to drive anyone towards a life of vengeance and hate, lbr hm.png

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys I have a confession to make here. It's not that I don't like Avatar. but there was this one kid that I met in Trinidad at my former school Saying it was "BETTER THAN NARUTO" and I completely wanted to rage at him because He said it while I was talking to my friend that was also into Naruto, but didn't watch it too much cause he did not know about watching it online and did not know about the manga. That kinda of ruined Avatar little bit for me, cause though I respect opinions I am not passionate about any thing on T.V. more Than Naruto ( Besides Fullmetal Alchemist) and wanted to tell him to F*** off because 1) he was not part of our conversation and 2.) I do say Naruto ( and FMA) is the best anime/manga ever, But I never told my friend my opinion nor boasted about it, I just wanted him to share my joy and shared fandom for Naruto. But I didn't tell the other guy off cause he was younger than me and the teachers were near us too, Though I did say "SO? I think Naruto is better than Avatar." and left it at that despite his childish retorts. Now that I got that off my chest I can enjoy Korra in in peace. smile.gif
QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 29 2012, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Mar 29 2012, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ what he said. Avatar is not an anime. If it was... fights would never end in just 1 episode.
pretty much every fight would be 2-5 episodes minimum.... Just cause something is drawn

#56 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 28 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Mar 28 2012, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (krisk @ Mar 29 2012, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah not seriously, but it's fun to speculate. there's like 5-6 available bachelors to theorize with.

Bumi, Sokka's Kid, Daddy Soto, Azula's kid, etc.
my favorite has to be The Cabbage Merchant's grandson tbh. I mean he has enough justification for wanting to wipe out all the benders. I would too if i had to witness the destruction of my one source of happiness every single day of my life, till the day i died.

it's enough to drive anyone towards a life of vengeance and hate, lbr hm.png

Never said it was an anime. It's Western Animation, I know. Just did not like that guy saying what he said. Anyways as I stated before, just wanted to get that out of my system so I can enjoy watching even more. It was because of HIM that I couldn't as much as I did before. I did not tell this distress to antagonize Avatar okay? smile.gif By the way is Azula THE TYPE to have a kid? I wouldn't think so.

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 March 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#57 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Azula definitely didn't have kids, didn't she end up in jail. Not to mention that she became (even more of) a total psychopath after Mai and Tai Lee's betraying her.
I'm betting on sokka's kid, for reasons that I think that I already explained but will repeat them either way.

In the Legend of Aang, there were already some (very, very) small isseus between him and the rest of the gaang because of him being a non-bender, (CH9 book1 the one with the waterbending scroll) (CH4 book3 sokka's master).

It could easily be that Sokka's role in the war has been forgotten / unintentionally ignored / didn't stand out as much in comparison with the feats the rest of them had aquired because of him not being a bender.

His kid would also be in the perfect spot to learn chi blocking stuff, because of Suki and Tai Lee.

Edited by Torxe, 29 March 2012 - 02:49 PM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#58 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Mar 29 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Azula definitely didn't have kids, didn't she end up in jail. Not to mention that she became (even more of) a total psychopath after Mai and Tai Lee's betraying her.
I'm betting on sokka's kid, for reasons that I think that I already explained but will repeat them either way.

In the Legend of Aang, there were already some (very, very) small isseus between him and the rest of the gaang because of him being a non-bender, (CH9 book1 the one with the waterbending scroll) (CH4 book3 sokka's master).

It could easily be that Sokka's role in the war has been forgotten / unintentionally ignored / didn't stand out as much in comparison with the feats the rest of them had aquired because of him not being a bender.

His kid would also be in the perfect spot to learn chi blocking stuff, because of Suki and Tai Lee.

lmao when I listed the potential Amon's, I wasn't necessarily agreeing with the speculation; most of them lack the sufficient evidence to be real.

Azula - who knows? maybe she eventually escaped (Aang never took her skills away) and had a ♥♥♥♥ed up relationship with another sociopathic sadist, thus leading to some really bender-bloodthirsty bbies. Azula's kid would most likely be extremely vindictive and dangerously persuasive. Amon fits the bill

Sokka's kid - this I doubt. Sure Sokka showed obvious issues of self-deprecation and envy towards his sister and Aang, but he resolved them prior to the finale. When one-dimensional characters reach closure, it usually sticks - especially in a kid's show. Not to mention the fact that Suki was with him, and most likely stayed with him till he died. I doubt Suki, with her amount of self-actualization as a fighter/non-bender, would allow Sokka to continue feeling inadequate. Sokka himself has a lot to be proud of - and with his personality, I doubt he would've let it get to him as an adult. That said, two confident, self-actualized non-bending parents wouldn't raise a kid whose sole reason is to rid the world of benders (especially when the kid's uncle is Avatar Aang)

Bumi - maybe. His father is the Avatar. Not only does that demand impossible expectations for the offspring, but this particular Avatar fantasized about repopulating the airbending race. Bumi ended up, not only failing to be an Airbender, but also being the only non-bender in the family. However, I really don't get the type of vibe expected of a villain from him; Bumi really reminds me of Sokka, a guy who is more obsessed with inventions and tactics than genocide. but who knows?

Mr. Soto - wouldn't be surprised. A rich and commendable, self-made business man in the public. A cold, systematic anti-bending political leader in his off hours. He worked for what he has, and can't stand the idea of people having an inherent advantage over others. It's cliche enough to be true.

Koh - LOL but hey why not? there's enough spiritual, magical hullabaloo in the show to make it legit. maybe he created a body, stole a face and wants to ~restore balance. idkidk

#59 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Mar 27 2012, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well of course. making judgments without bias is usually the way to go, but I was mainly talking about your rating of the old show.

Never said it was only 7/10. Well if I did in the past it was that negative memory talking, not me. Over all I'd say it's a really good show with an interesting concept. 9/10 for me if not a 10/10. smile.gif\

QUOTE (krisk @ Mar 29 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lmao when I listed the potential Amon's, I wasn't necessarily agreeing with the speculation; most of them lack the sufficient evidence to be real.

Azula - who knows? maybe she eventually escaped (Aang never took her skills away) and had a ♥♥♥♥ed up relationship with another sociopathic sadist, thus leading to some really bender-bloodthirsty bbies. Azula's kid would most likely be extremely vindictive and dangerously persuasive. Amon fits the bill

Sokka's kid - this I doubt. Sure Sokka showed obvious issues of self-deprecation and envy towards his sister and Aang, but he resolved them prior to the finale. When one-dimensional characters reach closure, it usually sticks - especially in a kid's show. Not to mention the fact that Suki was with him, and most likely stayed with him till he died. I doubt Suki, with her amount of self-actualization as a fighter/non-bender, would allow Sokka to continue feeling inadequate. Sokka himself has a lot to be proud of - and with his personality, I doubt he would've let it get to him as an adult. That said, two confident, self-actualized non-bending parents wouldn't raise a kid whose sole reason is to rid the world of benders (especially when the kid's uncle is Avatar Aang)

Bumi - maybe. His father is the Avatar. Not only does that demand impossible expectations for the offspring, but this particular Avatar fantasized about repopulating the airbending race. Bumi ended up, not only failing to be an Airbender, but also being the only non-bender in the family. However, I really don't get the type of vibe expected of a villain from him; Bumi really reminds me of Sokka, a guy who is more obsessed with inventions and tactics than genocide. but who knows?

Mr. Soto - wouldn't be surprised. A rich and commendable, self-made business man in the public. A cold, systematic anti-bending political leader in his off hours. He worked for what he has, and can't stand the idea of people having an inherent advantage over others. It's cliche enough to be true.

Koh - LOL but hey why not? there's enough spiritual, magical hullabaloo in the show to make it legit. maybe he created a body, stole a face and wants to ~restore balance. idkidk

Never DID introduce Bumi or Kya's kids have they? Maybe later on.

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 March 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#60 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

So a new trailer for an ATLA marathon came out that leads up to the Legend of Korra premiere, and if you pause at 00:21 you see...

wait for it... --Click here to view--
mako and korra kissing

Since this came out March 31st, this MIGHT be an early April Fool's joke, but maybe not. I guess we'll know after April 1st.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users