• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

@Kamina-Yoshi  :headscratch: To be honest I cannot decipher anything you just said.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

#22 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

And that doesn't help. Were you offended?

I can understand one thing you said; that it has to do something you couldn't before for it to be technologic advancement. A narrow view but it doesn't apply anyway. A 3D printer can do something huge you couldn't do before. You can press a button on your computer and have any physical product, instantly in your hands, without ever leaving your home.

It is also valid to talk about the economic and social ramifications. Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin. It did something that could already be done. It separates cotton from the seeds after it has been picked. But his invention did it much faster than slaves. As an unintended result, this caused a boom in the slave trade industry because more slaves were needed to pick cotton to keep up with the cotton gin.

#23 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

I personaly just cant wait for the first Earth made Space Ship. Im signing up for the crew if it kills me :D

For the fellow sci-fi geeks:

I hope you guys have seen Stargate because its provides a more positive outlook on space travel than Star Trek. Simply because we have withnessed the development of Sace technology from a simple wormhole generator to space battlecruiser.

I know it sounds off topic buut what Im saying is Stargate is happening in our own time. And it provides details inot the technology to the point where you could probably operate some of it( if you found yourself on the ship for example). So maybe something similar to the pre-refit-Prometheus may be here in the next 20 years. I also prefer hyperdrive to the warpdrive because you are less exposed and faster.

Thoughts?

Edited by StrikerTheNoble, 25 June 2013 - 12:40 PM.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users