• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

So, I have a little hard time on reviews. To be honest, I only have one thing: appearance. Do I really need to show my face to the world? I don't think so but all reviewers I have seen have expose themselves to the world. It's not a bad thing but I don't want to show my look. For what reason does it have? Ok, maybe because people wants to see reaction shots from a person, but eh, is that truly it?

I forgot that video game review name, the one with that British accent, didn't need to show his face though he uses arts to present it. So what leaves me? Well, hard to say because I get the idea that there may be some copyright law with showing off chapters, not to say I will show all the pages, but good amount to get across. But again, it's probably forbidden to do so. So what does that leaves me? I would like anyone in here to help.

I think reviews can be done behind the camera, just like James said, you can do a review like he does the podcast. If you don't want to show yourself then don't :D it wont take away from the quality of your review.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#42 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well, I wrote this a while back for a person who wanted to know why I called SS a time bomb. So I decided to share it here since it does cover my thoughts on my experience in NF. So enjoy.

For a long time, NS fandom has been battling NH/SS fandoms that they will be the one to get the endgame pairing because of developments they are getting, while our is in questioned, especially since they have been shoving down our throats that Naruto hates Sakura. Here's the problem that they refused to acknowledged. Kishi made a movie and it was NS galore. They got mad to the point they became hypocrite. In the end, everyone agreed that the movie is just a movie. But, I have always said that the movie shows Kishi's intentions.

Enter 615. This is where many confusion came in, to the point NS was getting demolished. If NH is confirmed, SS is confirmed. It's that sadly simple. 616 saved us from ultimate defeat, but the fans keep rubbing in and mentioned the movie is just complete fanservice for NS so they can be happy. 627, Sasuke is now "good", which means since NH is in good condition, adding Sasuke to the mix will solidify NH. Danger? Oh....Talk about backfired.

Enter 628, where Sakura shows up now, but not because of Sasuke, but because of Naruto. So, ok, not worrying fans, so they wait for more. 630, people starting to downplay heavily that Sakura actually knows Naruto like that, then....we got the nuke: Minato. The death of NH happens when Naruto confirmed his feelings for Sakura. So yeah, after all that, Naruto still loves Sakura. Hinata did everything she wanted to do. Which means, there's no more for her. Therefore, NH is done. It doesn't help that Hinata has been talking like a friendship, no more romance. So how does that effect SS? Easy: parallel.

Whether you against the idea of parallel in a story, you have to acknowledge that parallel is used to give the audience the idea where the life of the current characters will go and if the past generation failed, this one won't. That being said when Minato compared Sakura to Kushina, this ultimately gave NS a ticket to victory. While the parallel overkilled NH, it has now placed the time bomb on SS because this story is about Naruto, and now knowing the connection, it's impossible to go back on it. Pretty much, NS has won already, but it's not yet revealed. SS has no parallels, no third party support, nothing, just Sakura, who's in the verge of letting it go completely.

If you may noticed by now, the fans are pushing it too extreme to the point we just scratched our head and think, "Um ok?" Is it sad? To be honest, yes. I don't like to disrespect fans but it is sad, especially lately, NH fans are counting on SS to backfire NS. Unfortunately, we are at the point that Sasuke is in fact hiding his true goal, which is not good at all for SS. If Sasuke truly betrays everyone, consider SS dead. The bomb they have can only delay, but can't deactivate it. Can they postpone it longer? We'll shall see in this volume. Question?

#43 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

What a day today. First, the beginning of SS death and now, Xbox One has changed the policies. Man, I am so happy.

#44 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

You know, these days seems very great... Maybe it's because Summer is here XD

#45 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

How 635 could have been a good SS moment:

Ok, I'm not defending SS or anything but if SS fans need something to make their pairing look good, here's where I would have done. Sai don't know what to think of Sasuke but he knows something is not good about him. If Sasuke was going his way to make himself look good, Sakura will probably get ambushed by many of Juubis, so she attacks all of them. Then a large Juubi will sneak up and she has no time to focus on it, but Sasuke kills it before it gets to hit Sakura. Sasuke says his usual Sasuke talk, and then Sakura get asked. Sasuke and Naruto continues to fight all other and Sakura answered Sai that she can trust Sasuke and we keep seeing Naruto and Sasuke fighting side-by-side. Sakura will be a legit smile and Sai no longer worries on how to feel about the situation, so he smiles.

There, that's how you make a SS moment. I was wondering if Kishi will make a positive SS moment in the latest chapter, but there is just too many drawbacks, starting with Sasuke doing everything for himself. It's just a tragic to think SS is supposed to be a threat, but at this rate, it's a threat to itself. Anyway it could be a positive one is if Sakura yells back at Sai and Juugo that Sasuke has changed for the best. Nope, Sakura doesn't trust Sasuke. Just awful.

#46 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

How 635 could have been a good SS moment:

Ok, I'm not defending SS or anything but if SS fans need something to make their pairing look good, here's where I would have done. Sai don't know what to think of Sasuke but he knows something is not good about him. If Sasuke was going his way to make himself look good, Sakura will probably get ambushed by many of Juubis, so she attacks all of them. Then a large Juubi will sneak up and she has no time to focus on it, but Sasuke kills it before it gets to hit Sakura. Sasuke says his usual Sasuke talk, and then Sakura get asked. Sasuke and Naruto continues to fight all other and Sakura answered Sai that she can trust Sasuke and we keep seeing Naruto and Sasuke fighting side-by-side. Sakura will be a legit smile and Sai no longer worries on how to feel about the situation, so he smiles.

There, that's how you make a SS moment. I was wondering if Kishi will make a positive SS moment in the latest chapter, but there is just too many drawbacks, starting with Sasuke doing everything for himself. It's just a tragic to think SS is supposed to be a threat, but at this rate, it's a threat to itself. Anyway it could be a positive one is if Sakura yells back at Sai and Juugo that Sasuke has changed for the best. Nope, Sakura doesn't trust Sasuke. Just awful.

Agreed it would have been a great SS moment. But unfortunately for them it's really hard. even after that save 2 chapters back Sakura doesn't trust him and we readers as a whole know that her suspicions aren't wrong.

#47 Sav from Australia

Sav from Australia

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well, I wrote this a while back for a person who wanted to know why I called SS a time bomb. So I decided to share it here since it does cover my thoughts on my experience in NF. So enjoy.

For a long time, NS fandom has been battling NH/SS fandoms that they will be the one to get the endgame pairing because of developments they are getting, while our is in questioned, especially since they have been shoving down our throats that Naruto hates Sakura. Here's the problem that they refused to acknowledged. Kishi made a movie and it was NS galore. They got mad to the point they became hypocrite. In the end, everyone agreed that the movie is just a movie. But, I have always said that the movie shows Kishi's intentions.

Enter 615. This is where many confusion came in, to the point NS was getting demolished. If NH is confirmed, SS is confirmed. It's that sadly simple. 616 saved us from ultimate defeat, but the fans keep rubbing in and mentioned the movie is just complete fanservice for NS so they can be happy. 627, Sasuke is now "good", which means since NH is in good condition, adding Sasuke to the mix will solidify NH. Danger? Oh....Talk about backfired.

Enter 628, where Sakura shows up now, but not because of Sasuke, but because of Naruto. So, ok, not worrying fans, so they wait for more. 630, people starting to downplay heavily that Sakura actually knows Naruto like that, then....we got the nuke: Minato. The death of NH happens when Naruto confirmed his feelings for Sakura. So yeah, after all that, Naruto still loves Sakura. Hinata did everything she wanted to do. Which means, there's no more for her. Therefore, NH is done. It doesn't help that Hinata has been talking like a friendship, no more romance. So how does that effect SS? Easy: parallel.

Whether you against the idea of parallel in a story, you have to acknowledge that parallel is used to give the audience the idea where the life of the current characters will go and if the past generation failed, this one won't. That being said when Minato compared Sakura to Kushina, this ultimately gave NS a ticket to victory. While the parallel overkilled NH, it has now placed the time bomb on SS because this story is about Naruto, and now knowing the connection, it's impossible to go back on it. Pretty much, NS has won already, but it's not yet revealed. SS has no parallels, no third party support, nothing, just Sakura, who's in the verge of letting it go completely.

If you may noticed by now, the fans are pushing it too extreme to the point we just scratched our head and think, "Um ok?" Is it sad? To be honest, yes. I don't like to disrespect fans but it is sad, especially lately, NH fans are counting on SS to backfire NS. Unfortunately, we are at the point that Sasuke is in fact hiding his true goal, which is not good at all for SS. If Sasuke truly betrays everyone, consider SS dead. The bomb they have can only delay, but can't deactivate it. Can they postpone it longer? We'll shall see in this volume. Question?

Hey great post :D

I'm new to all this shipping stuff.  I thought 'shipping' referred to 'Naruto SHIP puden', that how much I knew lol.  From a new person's point of view, who only came online after I went through the anime (been trying to catch up the manga, but exams kill me), even I could tell it was Naruto x Sakura, even from the beginning.  The author focuses on such positive moral values - family, duty, friendship, etc - I could not see a Sakura x Sasuke, just the way the story and characters developed.

Its hard to get to grips with all the NS, SS, NH stuff on the internet. Summaries like the quote above help us new people understand whats what.  Cheers for the assists :D :D :D

#48 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Agreed it would have been a great SS moment. But unfortunately for them it's really hard. even after that save 2 chapters back Sakura doesn't trust him and we readers as a whole know that her suspicions aren't wrong.

Personally, I think she was keeping it to herself that Team 7 was back, but she knows that it wouldn't last long. Now, well, it's that time to let go and look into reality. Granted it was short, but that's all it takes for them. I don't know if Naruto knows anything about it. I guess that's why she talks to Naruto only but who knows. I feel like his reaction to Sasuke's reply was a sign that Naruto has to admit that it's not the same but struggling to keep it together, especially since he has to decide to help bijuus or stay with Sasuke's side. Obviously the first one but pretty much he's being forced to fight Sasuke with this.

Now for Sakura, I don't know what's on her mind entirely but the fact she doesn't trust Sasuke is a bad thing already. I don't know if Sai will push further but I do feel like SS is finally coming to its end. I guess the tear could be Team 7 having one last glory before everything finally ends. At this point, I do think Sasuke won't return ever again. He should be a dark knight, waiting for anyone to oppose peace.

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hey great post :D

I'm new to all this shipping stuff.  I thought 'shipping' referred to 'Naruto SHIP puden', that how much I knew lol.  From a new person's point of view, who only came online after I went through the anime (been trying to catch up the manga, but exams kill me), even I could tell it was Naruto x Sakura, even from the beginning.  The author focuses on such positive moral values - family, duty, friendship, etc - I could not see a Sakura x Sasuke, just the way the story and characters developed.

Its hard to get to grips with all the NS, SS, NH stuff on the internet. Summaries like the quote above help us new people understand whats what.  Cheers for the assists :D :D :D

Thanks for the comment. ^_^

#50 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Personally, I think she was keeping it to herself that Team 7 was back, but she knows that it wouldn't last long. Now, well, it's that time to let go and look into reality. Granted it was short, but that's all it takes for them. I don't know if Naruto knows anything about it. I guess that's why she talks to Naruto only but who knows. I feel like his reaction to Sasuke's reply was a sign that Naruto has to admit that it's not the same but struggling to keep it together, especially since he has to decide to help bijuus or stay with Sasuke's side. Obviously the first one but pretty much he's being forced to fight Sasuke with this.

Now for Sakura, I don't know what's on her mind entirely but the fact she doesn't trust Sasuke is a bad thing already. I don't know if Sai will push further but I do feel like SS is finally coming to its end. I guess the tear could be Team 7 having one last glory before everything finally ends. At this point, I do think Sasuke won't return ever again. He should be a dark knight, waiting for anyone to oppose peace.

I've started reading Fairy Tail. Right now I'm at Erza vs. Azuma fight I think it's the S class mage competition arc, and I have to say, if SS had half of the development Erza and Gerard have then they would have been in a better place. Maybe SK has it, seeing that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are waning just when Karin's are pretty much reconfirmed.

As for what happens next I feel that we might have a clue when we see what happens with Kakashi and Obito. We have right now but there isn't a clear one, just a lot of possibilities. But what's clear is Sakura herself isn't believing what she is saying. As for Sai's role in all of this I think he will try to protect Naruto and Sakura if not from Sasuke but from their selves.

#51 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

I've started reading Fairy Tail. Right now I'm at Erza vs. Azuma fight I think it's the S class mage competition arc, and I have to say, if SS had half of the development Erza and Gerard have then they would have been in a better place. Maybe SK has it, seeing that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are waning just when Karin's are pretty much reconfirmed.

As for what happens next I feel that we might have a clue when we see what happens with Kakashi and Obito. We have right now but there isn't a clear one, just a lot of possibilities. But what's clear is Sakura herself isn't believing what she is saying. As for Sai's role in all of this I think he will try to protect Naruto and Sakura if not from Sasuke but from their selves.

Here's the thing about FT. Erza and Gerard did have a good relationship in the beginning. Unfortunately, he was controlled by darkness, which is different from Sasuke as Tobi explained it. Sasuke may have chose darkness, but he did to himself, not anyone else, which is why Naruto felt hurt to learn the truth about Itachi. Sasuke is not controlled, he's just the way he is.

Anyway, Erza and Gerard have a good relationship to the point they both like each other, or perhaps even more. I won't give anything away, but best to keep going and come back later. Also, Gerard came back after his own arc and guess what, he's in guilt trip. Sasuke has not. The worst part is that Gerard and Erza are pretty much the only direction, where as Sakura has two, Naruto and Sasuke. When you have two directions, things aren't simple as one direction because the one direction will just go to that direction. Lastly, Gerard can only connect with Erza as a major support, so expect them to interact more. Sakura connects to Naruto, which is why NS is the endgame. I can't go further until you reach to the latest chapter for FT.

I do want to bring up one thing: a killer still getting a girl. Listen, I understand it's not good and understand that SS is distasteful because of murder attempts yet Erza and Gerard or even Gajeel and Levy. For me, it's not the same. Gerard does feel guilty, even if he wasn't truly him that did it, he still feels guilty and knows nothing can change. Gajeel only beat them up, but it was his way to draw attentions from FT. After joining in, he's making up for his past and slowly, Levy starts to accept him. After accepting, two get along and yeah, you already see where it's going. SS just don't have any of those and probably because this is never Kishi's plan in the first place. I can't go further details until you reached to the latest, but honestly, I can go longer on why SS and stuff FT are different.

#52 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Here's the thing about FT. Erza and Gerard did have a good relationship in the beginning. Unfortunately, he was controlled by darkness, which is different from Sasuke as Tobi explained it. Sasuke may have chose darkness, but he did to himself, not anyone else, which is why Naruto felt hurt to learn the truth about Itachi. Sasuke is not controlled, he's just the way he is.

Anyway, Erza and Gerard have a good relationship to the point they both like each other, or perhaps even more. I won't give anything away, but best to keep going and come back later. Also, Gerard came back after his own arc and guess what, he's in guilt trip. Sasuke has not. The worst part is that Gerard and Erza are pretty much the only direction, where as Sakura has two, Naruto and Sasuke. When you have two directions, things aren't simple as one direction because the one direction will just go to that direction. Lastly, Gerard can only connect with Erza as a major support, so expect them to interact more. Sakura connects to Naruto, which is why NS is the endgame. I can't go further until you reach to the latest chapter for FT.

I do want to bring up one thing: a killer still getting a girl. Listen, I understand it's not good and understand that SS is distasteful because of murder attempts yet Erza and Gerard or even Gajeel and Levy. For me, it's not the same. Gerard does feel guilty, even if he wasn't truly him that did it, he still feels guilty and knows nothing can change. Gajeel only beat them up, but it was his way to draw attentions from FT. After joining in, he's making up for his past and slowly, Levy starts to accept him. After accepting, two get along and yeah, you already see where it's going. SS just don't have any of those and probably because this is never Kishi's plan in the first place. I can't go further details until you reached to the latest, but honestly, I can go longer on why SS and stuff FT are different.

even where I am with the story I can say that the fact that guilt exist and the guy is willing to redeem himself there's hope but in SS there isn't anything like this. They are different stories thou. Sasuke will act as a story driver until the end while the other characters can step out of the spot light and gain their redemption off screen while Sasuke can't.

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

even where I am with the story I can say that the fact that guilt exist and the guy is willing to redeem himself there's hope but in SS there isn't anything like this. They are different stories thou. Sasuke will act as a story driver until the end while the other characters can step out of the spot light and gain their redemption off screen while Sasuke can't.

Pretty much. Again, I am restricted to say anything more until you reach further parts of the story. I can easily counter whatever they tried to compare to FT because they are different.

#54 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

You're title of your blog reminds me of this for some reason.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#55 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Lol. Yeah....

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

Intro is done. Review done. Now, tomorrow, they will be up. After that, every Wednesday, they will be up.

#57 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

It has begun!

#58 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Nice intro. I like the pics of those six paralleling each other.

#59 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

just so you know people are waiting your review.

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

just so you know people are waiting your review.

Thank you. I will record now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users