StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 4 2013, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to see you back and up again. happy.gif

LMAO! Nice link. I've never heard of the cartoon until now to be honest.

#22 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Quinny - That's awful. The thought of a spider being anywhere near me makes my heart stop. I could not sleep in a room where spiders might be lurking. arg.gif

In high school, some of my friends thought that my phobia was funny, I guess because they could get a reaction out of me. They would pretend that they caught a spider and either chase me around with it or pretend to throw it at my face. I didn't think it was very funny at all. It just made my phobia even worse, if anything. sad.gif

Strider - try playing Dead Space in the dark with all of the lights out. B:

JamesSCassidy - I forgot all about that cartoon! I used to watch it all of the time as a kid. The grumpy one was my favorite. tongue.gif

narulsaku - Thank you! happy.gif

#23 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

Cool! New blog. And wow, lots of activity. happy.gif

Well, I want to place my grain of sand here, so, mind if I set a list of some random questions for you to answer? XD

#24 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quinny - That's awful. The thought of a spider being anywhere near me makes my heart stop. I could not sleep in a room where spiders might be lurking. arg.gif

In high school, some of my friends thought that my phobia was funny, I guess because they could get a reaction out of me. They would pretend that they caught a spider and either chase me around with it or pretend to throw it at my face. I didn't think it was very funny at all. It just made my phobia even worse, if anything. sad.gif

Strider - try playing Dead Space in the dark with all of the lights out. B:

JamesSCassidy - I forgot all about that cartoon! I used to watch it all of the time as a kid. The grumpy one was my favorite. tongue.gif

narulsaku - Thank you! happy.gif

LMAO I can handle scary games now. tongue.gif Back then when I was a young lad. Not so much. tongue.gif

#25 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

hey slextrem have fun with your blog. wave.gif

Also do you have any other favorite shows or manga other than Naruto?

#26 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Feb 4 2013, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool! New blog. And wow, lots of activity. happy.gif

Well, I want to place my grain of sand here, so, mind if I set a list of some random questions for you to answer? XD

Sure thing! If anyone has a question for me, feel free to ask. happy.gif

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ Feb 4 2013, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey slextrem have fun with your blog. wave.gif

Also do you have any other favorite shows or manga other than Naruto?

Thank you! I will! smile.gif

Yes, there are a few other manga series that I'm keeping tabs on: Fairy Tail, Oresama Teacher, Skip Beat, Kimi ni Todoke, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama, to name a few. happy.gif
I don't watch as much anime as I used to, but I'm dedicated to the Naruto SD series.
As far as regular television goes, my current obsession is Downton Abbey. wow.png

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO I can handle scary games now. tongue.gif Back then when I was a young lad. Not so much. tongue.gif

I can't handle anything scary, even at the ripe age of 21. LOL. My brother made me play Dead Space with him at 1:00 am with the lights out. One of the monsters scared me so badly, I jumped and fell behind his bed.

Edited by Slextrem, 05 February 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#27 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure thing! If anyone has a question for me, feel free to ask. happy.gif

Thank you! I will! smile.gif

Yes, there are a few other manga series that I'm keeping tabs on: Fairy Tail, Oresama Teacher, Skip Beat, Kimi ni Todoke, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama, to name a few. happy.gif
I don't watch as much anime as I used to, but I'm dedicated to the Naruto SD series.
As far as regular television goes, my current obsession is Downton Abbey. wow.png

I can't handle anything scary, even at the ripe age of 21. LOL. My brother made me play Dead Space with him at 1:00 am with the lights out. One of the monsters scared me so badly, I jumped and fell behind his bed.

Lmao. I'm sure he had a nice laugh after that. tongue.gif

#28 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lmao. I'm sure he had a nice laugh after that. tongue.gif

He sure did. sleep.gif

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Try playing Fatal frame. Makes Dead Space look like my little pony
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 4 2013, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try playing Fatal frame. Makes Dead Space look like my little pony

No, thank you. I can live without playing a creepy Japanese horror game. sleep.gif

#31 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, thank you. I can live without playing a creepy Japanese horror game. sleep.gif

XD

I have played a lot of scary games. Only two ever really scared me.

BTW, I was right about something....and you didn't believe me XD

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 February 2013 - 03:32 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#32 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 4 2013, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
XD

I have played a lot of scary games. Only two ever really scared me.

BTW, I was right about something....and you didn't believe me XD

What didn't I believe you about? :0

#33 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Ah, excellent! OK, let's get this thing to work *turns on brain activity*

-Well, someone ninja'd me to the favorite anime question, so I'll go on al alternate route: which is... A-You favorite male anime character (from all the series you've seen, which one is your favorite overall) B-Your favorite female anime character (again, overall)

-Which animal(s) do you love (I see that you like kittens, but are there others)? smile.gif

-Do you like videogames? If so, then which is your favorite one?

-One thing I find myself filled with curiosity about: why did you choose to study umm... *looks at first page* *totes copy/paste the following* Communication Sciences and Disorders with emphasis on Speech Language Pathology?

-And finally, which do you consider is your favorite word?

Hehehe, I apologize if these are too many questions. sweat.gif

#34 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What didn't I believe you about? :0

I told you the Podcast would make you even more popular XP

I get messages about you all the time and not just from here either.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#35 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hey Slextrem. Fast starting blog you have here. laugh.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#36 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Feb 4 2013, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, excellent! OK, let's get this thing to work *turns on brain activity*

-Well, someone ninja'd me to the favorite anime question, so I'll go on al alternate route: which is... A-You favorite male anime character (from all the series you've seen, which one is your favorite overall) B-Your favorite female anime character (again, overall)

-Which animal(s) do you love (I see that you like kittens, but are there others)? smile.gif

-Do you like videogames? If so, then which is your favorite one?

-One thing I find myself filled with curiosity about: why did you choose to study umm... *looks at first page* *totes copy/paste the following* Communication Sciences and Disorders with emphasis on Speech Language Pathology?

-And finally, which do you consider is your favorite word?

Hehehe, I apologize if these are too many questions. sweat.gif

1) I don't know if I can pick a favorite male anime character. There are so many of them that I really liked from so many different series. If I had to pick a top five, I suppose they would be:
Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
Ryoga (Ranma)
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Asuma (Naruto)
Naruto (Naruto)

That was in no particular order either. My overall favorite female character is Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon (the very first anime series I fell in love with. wub.gif ) Sakura follows directly after her. smile.gif

2) I like a lot of animals. My favorite pets are definitely cats, but I don't mind dogs. I actually want to get a Corgi when I've got my own place. They're so goofy looking, I love them. love.gif
My favorite wild animals are foxes. Probably. It's hard to pick just one species.

3) Yes, I love playing video games. I'm a big Nintendo fan. The Legend of Zelda series has and will always be my favorite. If I had to pick a favorite out of those games, it would be Majora's Mask. I almost peed myself when I saw this trailer:

But I heard a rumor that it was made by a fan... [/disappointed]

4) LOL. It really is a mouth full, isn't it? tongue.gif I've always been interested in language. I studied French from the time I was in kindergarten all the way into college. I've also studied some Spanish here and there. What really interests me about Speech Language Pathology and Linguistics is that you're looking at more than just a language. It's learning about each individual sound that's involved in speech. I get to learn how a person makes a specific sound, where the sound comes from in their mouth, whether they use their voice to make the sound or not, where the tongue is placed to articulate the sound, etc.

So, for example, the difference between an aspirated "t" sound, and a non-aspirated "t" sound. Hold your hand close to your mouth and make the "t" sound. You should feel a puff of air hit the palm of your hand. That's what they call aspiration. Now, try saying a word that has an "s" before the "t". Like "stop". You shouldn't be able to feel the aspiration anymore. The reason for that is the placement of your tongue when you make the "s" sound. happy.gif

I can't really explain why I find studying little things like that so fascinating. I just do. Another cool thing about it is, since I'm learning the International Phonetic Alphabet (that looks at all of the sounds that humans make in all language), I can actually learn the basics of many different languages. It's fun!

The best part about SLP is that it's a career where I'll be helping other people. For example, a friend of mine in high school started going to therapy sessions for his lisp. He had a problem where he would pronounce his "r" sounds as "w" sounds, but after seeing an SLP about it, his problem slowly started going away. The career caught my attention because of how happy the therapy sessions had made my friend. He was very self-conscious about his speech problem, and it was really heartwarming to see him gain his confidence back.

I feel like SLP is a really meaningful career. I've always wanted a job where I feel like I'm doing something purposeful that will make other people happy. Throw in my love for language and linguistics and you have one aspiring Speech Language Pathologist on your hands. biggrin.gif

5) My favorite word is "beans". The name of my cat.

No need to apologize! I actually like answering questions like this. happy.gif

#37 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 4 2013, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I told you the Podcast would make you even more popular XP

I get messages about you all the time and not just from here either.

Oh, really? I wasn't expecting that at all. tongue.gif

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Feb 4 2013, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Slextrem. Fast starting blog you have here. laugh.gif

It looks busy, but I guarantee you that most of the comments have been from me. tongue.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 05 February 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#38 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) I don't know if I can pick a favorite male anime character. There are so many of them that I really liked from so many different series. If I had to pick a top five, I suppose they would be:
Ranma (Ranma 1/2)
Ryoga (Ranma)
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Asuma (Naruto)
Naruto (Naruto)

That was in no particular order either. My overall favorite female character is Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon (the very first anime series I fell in love with. wub.gif ) Sakura follows directly after her. smile.gif

Wow... I wonder why many people like Ulquiorra? I think I better start watching Bleach, right? sweat.gif
Anyway, yeah, its OK to pick multiple characters. After all, there are lots and lots of series, right? biggrin.gif

2) I like a lot of animals. My favorite pets are definitely cats, but I don't mind dogs. I actually want to get a Corgi when I've got my own place. They're so goofy looking, I love them. love.gif
My favorite wild animals are foxes. Probably. It's hard to pick just one species.

Hahaha, that's cool. I actually laughed when I googled pictures of Corgi dogs, so I agree with you on the goofy looking part XD
And I'm kinda curious: is there any reason as to why you like foxes, or do you simply like them? (I know is weird and all, but this is the first time I hear of someone who likes foxes, so my curiosity bell ringed)

3) Yes, I love playing video games. I'm a big Nintendo fan. The Legend of Zelda series has and will always be my favorite. If I had to pick a favorite out of those games, it would be Majora's Mask. I almost peed myself when I saw this trailer:

But I heard a rumor that it was made by a fan... [/disappointed]

Ah, wow... well, that fan did a really epic trailer. And wow, to think that you like probably the hardest Zelda game ever. I'm impressed! happy.gif

4) LOL. It really is a mouth full, isn't it? tongue.gif

Hehehehehehe sweat.gif

I've always been interested in language. I studied French from the time I was in kindergarten all the way into college. I've also studied some Spanish here and there. What really interests me about Speech Language Pathology and Linguistics is that you're looking at more than just a language. It's learning about each individual sound that's involved in speech. I get to learn how a person makes a specific sound, where the sound comes from in their mouth, whether they use their voice to make the sound or not, where the tongue is placed to articulate the sound, etc.

So, for example, the difference between an aspirated "t" sound, and a non-aspirated "t" sound. Hold your hand close to your mouth and make the "t" sound. You should feel a puff of air hit the palm of your hand. That's what they call aspiration. Now, try saying a word that has an "s" before the "t". Like "stop". You shouldn't be able to feel the aspiration anymore. The reason for that is the placement of your tongue when you make the "s" sound. happy.gif

*pauses reading to try this for s moment*

Hey, you're right! Is.... weird, but very cool to know this.

I can't really explain why I find studying little things like that so fascinating. I just do.

That's good enough of a reason for me. smile.gif

Another cool thing about it is, since I'm learning the International Phonetic Alphabet (that looks at all of the sounds that humans make in all language), I can actually learn the basics of many different languages. It's fun!

The best part about SLP is that it's a career where I'll be helping other people. For example, a friend of mine in high school started going to therapy sessions for his lisp. He had a problem where he would pronounce his "r" sounds as "w" sounds, but after seeing an SLP about it, his problem slowly started going away. The career caught my attention because of how happy the therapy sessions had made my friend. He was very self-conscious about his speech problem, and it was really heartwarming to see him gain his confidence back.

I feel like SLP is a really meaningful career. I've always wanted a job where I feel like I'm doing something purposeful that will make other people happy. Throw in my love for language and linguistics and you have one aspiring Speech Language Pathologist on your hands. biggrin.gif

That's awesome (sorry if it sounds like I'm sucking up to you or anything, but that's what I honestly think happy.gif ). Is actually pretty cool that you find yourself studying what you love at a young age. And the action of giving (in this case, giving of your skills to help others) is priceless.

5) My favorite word is "beans". The name of my cat.

Hahahahaha. I honestly didn't expect this one. XD

No need to apologize! I actually like answering questions like this. happy.gif

Ah, great. Well, I could always come up with questions like these every now and then if you wish to; let me know. Anyway, is pretty cool to know another friendly member of the forums.

PS: Those elusive keys XD

Later

#39 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

It looks like this is going to be another stressful school week.
I have at least two things to do in all five of my classes, all due before Friday, including two unit exams for Psychology and Political Science.
No leisure time for me this week~ tongue.gif

#40 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Feb 5 2013, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm kinda curious: is there any reason as to why you like foxes, or do you simply like them? (I know is weird and all, but this is the first time I hear of someone who likes foxes, so my curiosity bell ringed)

That's awesome (sorry if it sounds like I'm sucking up to you or anything, but that's what I honestly think happy.gif ). Is actually pretty cool that you find yourself studying what you love at a young age. And the action of giving (in this case, giving of your skills to help others) is priceless.

Hahahahaha. I honestly didn't expect this one. XD

Ah, great. Well, I could always come up with questions like these every now and then if you wish to; let me know. Anyway, is pretty cool to know another friendly member of the forums.

Hm... I can't really say why I like them so much. Perhaps it's because they remind me of some of my favorite Pokemon? (Vulpix, Ninetails, Flareon, Eevee, etc...)

I think it's awesome too. happy.gif

Yeah, I'm sure not many people expected "beans" to be my favorite word. tongue.gif We named my newest cat Beans because, when we first got him, he would fart all of the time (it was nasty). It's become my favorite word because, well, I say it all of the time when I'm playing with him. happy.gif

Sure, if you want to ask my anything at all, feel free to leave your questions on this blog. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users