Rioting in London

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hope you're doing okay Smiter, and any other H&E members we have 'across the pond' -

http://news.yahoo.co...-220111516.html

#2 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

That's really shocking news, and my condolence to those that are living this nightmare and I hope those that caused this madness gets what they deserve.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#3 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

At the risk of being inappropriate, I must say that I would also riot if I were a Spurs supporter
\

#4 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Aug 9 2011, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the risk of being inappropriate, I must say that I would also riot if I were a Spurs supporter

Have to agree with Mik3, whenever the population gets forgotten by the goverment and are given no chances to find work, they will eventually try to get attention, even tough this chaos should be directed to the autorities, and not the population.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#5 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

This has been going on in other western European countries- as a scholar of social history I've been predicting this would happen for a while, as the poor and middle class suffer overwhelmingly from this world wide economic crisis, while the wealthy make larger and larger profits, and cut away again and again at benefits to the poor and middle class... I've been dreading it. The same thing happens whenever the economic disparity becomes too large, and what few things the poor and middle class have are threatened to much by the policies of the powerful wealthy class. (See the French Revolution, the European Uprisings of 1848, the Russian Revolution, the rioting and violent protests around the world in the 1930's... on the last FDR wisely saw how the wind was blowing in the 1930's and raised taxes mightily on the wealthy, strengthened regulation on corporations, created an atmosphere where labor unions power strengthened, created social security, and many government job agencies. We slowly climbed out of the Great Depression because of this and social unrest declined to almost nil.

I've been walking around with a silent dread since this economic decline started and the government of the US repeated the wrong choices of the past- the ones that lead to social unrest by the middle class and poor. Unless we turn things around soon and do what FDR did in the 1930's, what is happening in London tonight will happen here...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#6 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

Finally the Age of Spode has arrived.

All hail Spode ohboy.png

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#7 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

I'm ok, thanks. happy.gif

I can't believe I'm seeing all this madness on the news. The riots have spread outside London, and they have erupted in places like Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Birmingham. I have a couple of friends in Bristol, and I've texted them to check they're OK. I really hope they are.

The people behind the riots are organised groups of anarchists coming from outside the areas, with youths joining in on impulse. They've been smashing into shops and homes, stealing whatever they can, and destroying what they can't or don't want to steal. It's nothing to do with economic policies, it's just people hell-bent on causing mayhem. The ones suffering the most, by far, are the small businesses and residents. Some have lost their entire livelihoods.

I really hope that the police and Army are able to stop the violence and calm things down soon.

#8 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 9 2011, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm ok, thanks. happy.gif

I can't believe I'm seeing all this madness on the news. The riots have spread outside London, and they have erupted in places like Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Birmingham. I have a couple of friends in Bristol, and I've texted them to check they're OK. I really hope they are.

The people behind the riots are organised groups of anarchists coming from outside the areas, with youths joining in on impulse. They've been smashing into shops and homes, stealing whatever they can, and destroying what they can't or don't want to steal. It's nothing to do with economic policies, it's just people hell-bent on causing mayhem. The ones suffering the most, by far, are the small businesses and residents. Some have lost their entire livelihoods.

I really hope that the police and Army are able to stop the violence and calm things down soon.

That completely sucks, stay safe and be careful out there Smiter.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#9 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Ugh, my uncle and his family live close to Birmingham, I'm hoping they stay safe.....

#10 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

Oh, man that really sucks :[ I hope everyone's okay.

#11 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

I am unable to comprehend the reason for their behavior. Redistributing wealth?? They're freaking robbing people trying to earn a living just like them.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#12 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

^^ Yeah, I know. It seems like one of those vicious every man/woman/child for themselves, cutthroat, dog-eat-dog style. I wonder what the aftermath of all of this would hold, in terms of laws, enforcement, and politics? There is really no positive reason, in terms for the benefit of the country, for the motivation of this. It just selfish of the looters to do this without them knowing, how much harm they've caused.

Edited by anguyen92, 09 August 2011 - 04:44 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Im afraid we will never reach a Type 1 civilization in our lifetime. Yesterday was the day the world went crazy.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 9 2011, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
organised groups of anarchists

That's a smudge ironic, isn't it?

#15 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

News links:

http://www.guardian....xt-london-riots

http://news.yahoo.co...-203939047.html
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:17 AM

From what I heard about the riot from the news, it all started when a police officer killed a gang leader, who was black, and then that's when things esculated from there.

Oh boy. facepalm.png

But, glad to here you're safe, Smiter. Hope your friends are okay as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 9 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I heard about the riot from the news, it all started when a police officer killed a gang leader, who was black, and then that's when things esculated from there.

Oh boy. facepalm.png

But, glad to here you're safe, Smiter. Hope your friends are okay as well.

The Gang Leader shot a cop, the cops shot back.

Talk about being opportunistic to start a riot. Now the constables cannot even defend themselves, they have to just accept losses? How's about a little "hell no", and "call us when we care"? Thank you, and have a wonderful day you bloody rioting twits. Do we have any long-range specifications about how much this will cost?

(Also, please post if you've seen anything about them trying to attack the monarchy or anything like that, it'll make me just the right amount of pissed off at them to know how stupid they are in total).

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

I seriously have no comment on this..... facepalm.png

Edited by Codus N, 10 August 2011 - 02:09 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Aug 10 2011, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An Indian guy clamouring as if he's from the 'hood', 'dawg'. He be knowin' what kitten be goin' down 'cause he be just like the rest of us, DAWG. Now I really know why the Brits let India go without a fight :/

#20 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 10 2011, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Gang Leader shot a cop, the cops shot back.

Talk about being opportunistic to start a riot. Now the constables cannot even defend themselves, they have to just accept losses? How's about a little "hell no", and "call us when we care"? Thank you, and have a wonderful day you bloody rioting twits. Do we have any long-range specifications about how much this will cost?

(Also, please post if you've seen anything about them trying to attack the monarchy or anything like that, it'll make me just the right amount of pissed off at them to know how stupid they are in total).
I don't think it's clear what exactly happened, though frankly if they were trying to arrest a gang member who was armed he doesn't need to have actually fired his gun to be considered dangerous. There's some kind of discussion as to whether his gun was fired... frankly if I was trying to arrest someone and they pointed a gun at me I'd think that was far enough >_>

There's no 'cause' or noble revenge behind this idiocy, it's just a bunch of kids and irresponsible twits going for an opportunistic bender and stealing playstations out of Currys. Oh and mugging injured boys.

Someone set fire to a McDonalds near where I live but I can't say I'm overly upset about that :>
QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 10 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An Indian guy clamouring as if he's from the 'hood', 'dawg'. He be knowin' what kitten be goin' down 'cause he be just like the rest of us, DAWG. Now I really know why the Brits let India go without a fight :/

He's not Indian dude. West Indies = Caribbean :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users