shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Nov 1 2012, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7.5 usually means its a bit above average. Rating scales are weird nowadays...

I don't see how this game can be compared to a first person, action hero shooter. Do you dislike the american revolution? The only thing they might even have in common is that america is at warn in both games, but in Assassins Creed, the story is always involved during a time of conflict, be it nations, religions, or creeds. The events recreated from history are just the background.

Or maybe you are just tired of the yearly installments? Well, it makes money, so its going to keep happening with pretty much any successful franchise.

That's why I use 1-5 ratings instead of 1-10.

@Darkerst

AC has never been the typical stealth game like MGS or even Arkham City, it's different. The Assassins are full-fledged warriors, swordsmen, etc. that are adept at fighting in settings that lack automatic weapons that're used by foot soldiers, so it's easier than most to accept that these guys can take out a room full of baddies by themselves.

A lot of the people they fight are also not as well-trained in swordsmanship and close-quarters combat than The Assassins. Heck, picture ordinary farmers conscripted as soldiers who are trained to fight and shoot in formation, then send a fully armed, well-trained, and dangerous warrior in the middle of their formation. Most would probably die until they get their act together and attack the guy. That's ACIII. At least that's my view.

Heck, the AC games are more similar to those Martial Arts films with Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, etc. Or even a far more realistic Dynasty Warriors with more finesse in combat.

But, you can also go the stealth route if you want to. You don't really have to fight every guard you come across in the game. Just use social stealth, that's what I did for the optional syncs, and it's not that hard.

#42 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

To me this is the worst of the main 3 Assassin's Creed games for numerous reasons:
1.) Annoying Lead Character Both In And Out Of Animus
2.) Glitches Out The Wazoo (Including a Save Glitch that forced me to Redo a few Missions)
3.) Not As Much Freedom As Other Assassin's Creed Games.
4.) One Of The Worst Endings Of ALL TIME
5.) Screen Tearing And Other Graphical Fopas
6.) The Voice Acting While Mostly Good Has Some Cheese

Most Disappointing Game Of 2012 for me.

uc.png

#43 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I haven't really encountered a lot of glitches that forced me to redo the missions.

The biggest glitch that annoyed me the most were quest indicators not popping up on the map

Although, I may be seeing a lot of the same graphic glitches you have and it ended up not bugging me? Though, I do remember one cutscene where Connor, all of a sudden had a buzzed head, made me giggle. Considering they're using a new graphics engine, I was surprised that the glitches weren't as bad as I thought it would be.

I don't see what's wrong with the ending? They said it'd be Desmond's last story, and it was Desmond's last story.... Just ended it in a way that surprised me, which is par for the course for the AC series, anyway.

Lol, in the words of Shaun, "Spoken like a true apologist."

#44 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Dec 31 2012, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me this is the worst of the main 3 Assassin's Creed games for numerous reasons:
1.) Annoying Lead Character Both In And Out Of Animus
2.) Glitches Out The Wazoo (Including a Save Glitch that forced me to Redo a few Missions)
3.) Not As Much Freedom As Other Assassin's Creed Games.
4.) One Of The Worst Endings Of ALL TIME
5.) Screen Tearing And Other Graphical Fopas
6.) The Voice Acting While Mostly Good Has Some Cheese

Most Disappointing Game Of 2012 for me.

2-> there was a glitch which connor was fapping red coats to death.

and the
4->
desmond died for nothing.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#45 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 31 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see what's wrong with the ending? They said it'd be Desmond's last story, and it was Desmond's last story.... Just ended it in a way that surprised me, which is par for the course for the AC series, anyway.

Personally, the ending bored me. I am kind of tired of the whole "The hero dies in the end" kind of thing and it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. "If you live, humanity dies. If you die, humanity lives." I didn't even like the way they killed off Lucy. As such as a twist story as sometimes the AC stories would be, the ending was pretty straight forward. What would have been a great ending would have been if they said Desmond would die, but ended up surviving anyway. Sort of like how the ending the ME3 was.

I wasn't surprised because how many times do you see how the hero plays a situation where "I have to die so others can live."

It also would have been nice to have a modern day assassin's creed. We sort of got it with Desmond doing missions on his own, but it was like sampling the awesome steak, but never getting to eat it. What are they going to do now? Make another Assassin's Creed where it is set in modern day with another Assassin who so happens to have the same powers?

The question I have is, what happens if another solar flare occurs? I mean, solar flares happen all the time.

I don't know the ending was not as fantastic as I thought it would be. I could even argue that it was a Deus Ex Machina ending.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 1 2013, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, the ending bored me. I am kind of tired of the whole "The hero dies in the end" kind of thing and it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. "If you live, humanity dies. If you die, humanity lives." I didn't even like the way they killed off Lucy. As such as a twist story as sometimes the AC stories would be, the ending was pretty straight forward. What would have been a great ending would have been if they said Desmond would die, but ended up surviving anyway. Sort of like how the ending the ME3 was.

I wasn't surprised because how many times do you see how the hero plays a situation where "I have to die so others can live."

It also would have been nice to have a modern day assassin's creed. We sort of got it with Desmond doing missions on his own, but it was like sampling the awesome steak, but never getting to eat it. What are they going to do now? Make another Assassin's Creed where it is set in modern day with another Assassin who so happens to have the same powers?

The question I have is, what happens if another solar flare occurs? I mean, solar flares happen all the time.

I don't know the ending was not as fantastic as I thought it would be. I could even argue that it was a Deus Ex Machina ending.

Even with desmond sacrifice it still didnt save the humanity so he died for nothing.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users