• Please log in to reply
12649 replies to this topic

#5521 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

It will take me a while to move on.

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#5522 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Yeah I also thought I'd jump ship if NH/SS became canon..but I realize that I didn't and won't ever.
It would still suck to be an SS/NH shipper and read the manga before 698. XD
Naruto and Sakura's romance is too beautiful to forget just because they were forced with other people. If anything the ending only makes the couple more tragic beautiful and desired. XD

#5523 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

Here's a question....

Suppose Boruto is actually Sakura's son....

Here me out....
-Boruto's mad at Naruto for not being a attentive father, and acts out.
-He wasn't with Hinata and her daughter...
-He looks like he got some Sakura in him.
-Would also explain Sarada interest in him. *Not romantic, but relation.

Maybe I missing a lot points, reading too much in this but...

You're completely imagining things.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#5524 Zodd

Zodd

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

You'll be surprised how easily you'll get over it. Trust me.

24zf3gz.gif

#5525 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

I'm disappointed too, you know, but like I said, just because NH-SS are suddenly canon I won't be like "Aw, we lost! Well, kitten NS! I will totally support the same ships I used to hate because Kishi said so" 8D I'll still love NS no matter what. Besides, we have the best fandom! At least just the ones who won't jump ship.

Edited by Yojeveka, 08 November 2014 - 10:22 AM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#5526 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,116 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

We will all move on! But I will never forgive Kishi!

But for know lets keep posting here! Since if we all stop the site will go down! And I don't want that!

Edited by milan kyuubi, 08 November 2014 - 10:23 AM.

Yp330yZ.gif

#5527 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:25 AM

Hopefully it doesn't mean you leave the site

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#5528 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

Guys it's not over, trust me, I am sure! And I think I know what's behind all this...

It's over Chatte. Trust me. 

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#5529 applesauceful

applesauceful

I've Heard It Both Ways

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting, Novel Writing

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

At some point I will move on but at that point, I won't accept NH/SS. It's not just the pairings that annoy me, it's the destruction of Sakura's character so that she could be paired off into a relationship with a guy who did nothing but try to kill her.

Edited by applesauceful, 08 November 2014 - 10:30 AM.

giphy.gif

#5530 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:28 AM

How chapter 3 never got brought up again is beyond me 

Edited by MangaReader, 08 November 2014 - 10:29 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#5531 unhskikrforever

unhskikrforever

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

Nah, I might move on but I'm still going to ship NS like a mad person. No one can stop me. :hehehe:

15f62c4.png

#5532 applesauceful

applesauceful

I've Heard It Both Ways

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting, Novel Writing

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

Nah, I might move on but I'm still going to ship NS like a mad person. No one can stop me. :hehehe:

Same. For now I'm going to follow the situation in Japan and help out where I can so that my voice can be heard.

giphy.gif

#5533 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

Just ship Naruto with Sakura, the Sakura with development and seemed to actually be growing as a character.

Not the Sakura that had her development thrown in the trash in just a few short chapters. 

To me they are two different characters, the ooc moments from her in the last few chapters are just to much for me to accept as the same person. 

Edited by zatheko, 08 November 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#5534 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm glad to see everyone's getting a bit better. :')

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#5535 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hey guys. Sorry for waiting to type my thoughts about this ending ... I've been really depressed the last few days. I had an inkling the spoilers were real so it wasn't like I completely broke down and cried, but I have to admit this ending is one of the most painful in this series I've ever experienced. :sad:

SS/NH really did become canon, even when everything in this story was against them. Honestly at this stage I'm resigned and laughing through the pain over the ridiculousness of this whole ending, but this still this just really sucks. I never seriously imagined Naruto would end like this. SS I swear was a total crackship, something that should never have been a concern yet somehow this horrible fanfiction happened. And NH ... just what.  It bewilders me. NH happening does not feel like Naruto. Never in my wildest dream did I seriously picture Naruto marrying Hinata and having her by his side instead of Sakura while Hokage. This just does not feel right. Not right at all.

It's truly amazing how much Kishimoto has destroyed his series and characters in just a measly 2 chapters. I've never felt more disillusioned on this series up until this point. Everything I thought was true about this series was wrong. Nothing adds up, everything OCC, character assassination left and right, just a complete and total logic fail. There was no development for NH & SS. Not like NS. There was no proper foreshadowing or even basis. How in the hell can something like this happen? :unsure: This feels like a complete and total asspull just like everything else in these two chapters.

It's horrific to see this and it's not just because I never liked NH or SS. The problem is how they happened, not that they happened. The messages they give to this story, something hardcore SS/NH fans are conveniently ignoring. So many characters got assassinated by this ending.  Just look at this:

1) Sakura:

Worst case of character assassination ever. Oh my god it's so terrible I want to scream and cry at the same time. Sakura had this beautiful amount of development throughout Part 2. She seemed so much more selfless and so much more empathic to Naruto. She was so strong, so independent, and despite everything the impression was largely that while Sasuke caused her pain she cared more on bringing him back for T7 and Naruto. She even tried to kill him for his sake and Naruto's. This absolutely beautiful, inspiring character. The cherry on top should've been gaining a better perception of love even though she'd always care about Sasuke. The potential was just so strong, ...

Then 699-700 kittented us. The mature Sakura gets totally demolished in just a few panels and can never be recovered. Any development Sakura had or we thought she had disappears in a glimpse. Sakura practically blamed him for nothing and she completely ignores Naruto the second Sasuke's back. What made it worse is Sakura becomes a 12-year old fangirl, just in an older body. She even asks to come with him, willing to leave behind everyone once again and everything she went through with Naruto meant absolutely nothing. This guy tried to kill her, never gave a true damn about her at least the way Naruto did, who she never had a reason to love and Sakura still becomes this lovesick puppy. And the fact Kishi played this for comedy ...!  Ugh, it's so OCC and offensive a kitten. As a woman and a Sakura fan, I am utterly disgusted. :bash:

Kishimoto made Sakura almost no better than Karin. And now, years later, we have to stomach her marrying Sasuke and having a child with him so damn easily as if Sasuke never even hurt a fly. Sasuke is never even home, hardly interacts with their own daughter, but somehow Sakura is still perfectly content being a housewife, isolating herself, and having a neglectful husband. It's so painful because she is completely okay with it. No self-respect, no real sadness, she is just fine chilling at home cleaning while waiting eternally for her Sasuke-kun. Why, out of everything sacred, is our last image of her in this series this? HOW DID KISHI THINK THIS WAS OKAY? Tragic. Just kittening tragic. -_-

2). Sasuke:

While Sasuke literally gets everything handed to him on silver platter, he was also butchered almost as badly. Sasuke did almost a complete 180 in personality. Redemption for him was a given, but Kishi made Sasuke too remorseful. He would never be the type of guy to be that weighed down by his own sins: more like "yeah I did bad things, I learned my lesson, get the kitten over it". Sasuke never cared a lot of things and he shouldn't now. And the absolute worst is that Sasuke, who was the type of character perfectly content being single his whole life,  randomly develops "feelings" for Sakura when she had any significance not limited to T7 and even does the forehead poke OUT OF ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE when that was only exclusive to Itachi. Not even six chapters before Sasuke said he wasn't interested and had no reason to love her. Not a flicker of remorse. Yet Sasuke "loves" her in 699 in  a few panels on two pages.  :zaru:

I'd also like to add even a redeemed Sasuke is a neglectful father despite being orphan, a absentee husband, and has a daughter that probably hates him for it, but that I'm not particularly surprised about.

3) Naruto:

Yep, Kishimoto also found a way to kitten up his own MC. This is just getting sickening at this point. Despite saying once himself that he would confess to Sakura should he ever keep his promise, he chickened out on his word and just gave up. Naruto, the character that was supposed to never give up, gave up. The theme in his story was surpassing the previous and it was clearly foreshadowed through Obito and Jiraiya Naruto would never give up on winning the girl he loves and eventually earn her love. That was the morale of story and therefore the morale of Naruto's character. Yet what does Naruto do? He totally lets go of any effort to hope for Sakura's love and instead just settles for the easy way out: Hinata, who by the way is a girl Naruto never had any attraction to until this asspull of an epilogue and The Last movie. Hinata literally symbolized something handed to him, with no effort, making him lose any determination to go for the girl he supposedly truly loved.

You could say Naruto found a girl that loved him. You could say he probably does really love Hinata no matter how random it is. You could say he might be happy, but from a consistency and story angle Kishimoto just kittented on Naruto's character. Naruto does not give up. He's not supposed to give up on anything, even love. He's not supposed to go the "easy way". And thanks to Kishi Naruto looks like a joke who can't be consistent and is a failure in the eyes of the themes. No matter what bullsh** NH fans say, there was never no denying this and there certainly isn't now.

Also Naruto, OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, is a neglectful father who puts work over family. He always so desperately wanted a family, but apparently won't make time for them.  His son has to act out to get his attention just the way Naruto used to yet he shows no extreme empathy and just says deal with it. Naruto knows exactly how it feels, but won't change a thing. Horribly OCC and degrading of him. Naruto would never be that neglectful, at least to his own kids. Why couldn't he just make Bolt a damn Shadow clone for him? Is it really so hard? :facepalm:

4 & 5). Hinata & Neji:

Hinata has no purpose in this story other than loving Naruto, making his babies, and being a housewife. She had so much potential, to rise as leader of her Clan, be stronger than Hanabi and maybe even be a better mother with her own children (Bolt is neglected which is also her fault) but instead all of that is tossed aside because Hinata is just a tool. Love and being a housewife is all that matters to her, screw any other ambitions. Like Sakura and Karin, Hinata never learned anything. And what makes it worse is that it's encouraged. Hinata gets "everything she wants" while inadvertently damaging Naruto's very core character and to always be a shell of what she could've been.

And of course there's her cousin, a noble ninja who died saving her life, but only ever did as a plot device for NH to happen. It was to give them an excuse for Naruto and Hinata to be closer. Even Bolt being named after him feels like an insult. Neji was a good character who deserved much better but apparently all he was reduced was a crutch for NH. Makes me sick.

And to add insult to injury for NS fans, Naruto and Sakura have no closure. In fact, by the timeskip, they have almost no semblance of a relationship of any kind. Even that wonderful friendship they had, all their understanding of each other, is totally gone because Kishi had to swap out Sakura with Hinata and Naruto back with Sasuke. And it's done easily, like Naruto's feelings and Sakura's never existed. That is just so bad. We can't even enjoy them as a friendship. Sakura was supposed to be heroine yet that is hardly recognizable now because all the Hinata wank (a whole movie about NH romance? Really?!). It's just so painful to see their close friendship get such a drastic decline all because of SS/NH. Even in the promos in the Last they seem so distant ... just the fact Naruto so easily replaces Sakura with Hinata is just rubbing salt in the wounds. :sad:

This ending has to be the worst ending I've ever seen. I'm officially done with Naruto. I won't watch anymore of the anime or read the manga again. Definitely not gonna watch the Last is all it's gonna be is a huge retcon and Hinata as heroine. This was a huge disappointment and I regret that I ever got into this series to see it end like this.

I think Bleach and OP are going to be my therapy from now on. No complications, just simple friendship, battles and mostly important without romance. Naruto's romance was so bad I don't want to ship anything anytime soon. I will drown myself in shows and manga/anime much better than Naruto until I move past this kitten and officially don't care anymore.

I'll still be active on this forum though. We're still a family and we've been through too much to lose that. :love:  And there's only so many jokes of this craptastic finale to make, it's too just fun to pass up lol.

But this site and NS will be my only connection to Naruto. If I could burn the memory of this series out of my mind, I would.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 08 November 2014 - 11:32 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#5536 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

It is not over, stop saying that. Kish is trolling, he will reveal narusaku as the real couple..

Posted Image

#5537 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

It's actually interesting the possibility of this letdown of an ending opens. When FFVIII ended, for example, there was a popular fanon theory that Rinoa (main girl) was the time-traveling main villain all along. And there were a lot of co-incidences that supported this: First of all, both were sorceresses, and two, the main villain had Griever, a summon which her boyfriend is fond of and decorated with, but doesn't otherwise appear in the game.

The interesting fanon theory is ofcourse, everything is some big genjutsu, and our, heros aren't saved. Obviously this isn't the case, but it would make an extremely interesting fanfiction story.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#5538 Zodd

Zodd

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

It is not over, stop saying that. Kish is trolling, he will reveal narusaku as the real couple..

No thanks.  

24zf3gz.gif

#5539 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm Sorry, But I kinda want to Print out a Copy of The NaruSaku Build up thread then do this to Kishi (ik it looks mean but ye)

facts.gif

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#5540 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

2958u8y.gif
2ivn2tv.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)