#1 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Since everybody has been complaining about Naruto's new development recently, I wonder what all of you have to say about Naruto's character as a friend to both Sakura and Sasuke.  

From what we've seen through the manga, Naruto has been there in cases where Sasuke would leave Sakura off to die. So by the time Sakura and Sasuke actually got together, do you guys believe that Naruto was happy with this idea? Or was he bothered by it? 

Personally, if one of my friends were beginning a new relationship with someone who's treated them wrongly in the past I would stop them immediately. People can change, but that doesn't mean they can't face consequences. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#2 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

He didn't. That's because no logic is implanted in this ending. Naruto didn't confess, Sakura didn't do kitten to Sasuke. Sasuke said 2 words and all happend. That's not how it works.

#3 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

^hey he did it with a poke.

Anyway TS, you were talking bout the late Naruto. Nardo, the MC turned side character doesn't even know who the fvck is Sakura..so why the hell will he care bout that? He married a stalker he already have alot om his plate.

#4 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

I just think, Kishi couldn't allow the Real MC, Sasuke, to lose.

The retcon, is that Naruto only liked Sakura out of rivalry. But, that only shows him as a scumbag and loser, considering he "manipulated" Sakura and didn't even win her affections.

The only reason why Naruto, or anyone for that matter, never told Sakura to stop trying to get with Sasuke, is because Kishimoto himself, didn't think there was anything wrong with the way he treated her.

Seriously, when Naruto rescued Sakura, after Sasuke tried to kill her, he looked pissed. But, just like with Sakura in 693, it just meant more begging and friendship crap, instead of actually calling him out on his BS.

In the end, Naruto let it happen, because he was not allowed to go against Sasuke, because of author's favoritism.

Edited by redrose3443, 07 February 2015 - 11:56 PM.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#5 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

i don't think him or sakura would let SS happen. not the ones i know. the sakura in 693-700 was just more like karin...it wasn't naruto's sakura-chan., and naruto isn't the kind of person who would give up, and go NH, and forget sakura existed. i do believe if sakura was truley happy with sasuke then naruto would let go, and move on because thats how much he loved her. and sakura started to love naruto that much to.

true love was retconned, and platonic friendship was not given the chance.SP tricked the NS fans' had us thinking they were on our side, then ruined the series, forced the NH/SS ending, aand made hinata the main character. but, i'm getting off topic lol. naruto would not let SS happen, nor would sakura

heck i don't even think karin would let SS happen LOL. and naruto also wouldn't let NH happen so rushed.who would want a stalker girlfriend? this is naruto not a lifetime movie lol

#6 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

He didn't. That's because no logic is implanted in this ending. Naruto didn't confess, Sakura didn't do kitten to Sasuke. Sasuke said 2 words and all happend. That's not how it works.

He actually did confess according to Sakura in the film. It just happened off screen

#7 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

He actually did confess according to Sakura in the film. It just happened off screen

Cool story, MC confessed ofscreen of his story, in such behavior, that girl thinked it was rivaly game. Nice try SP.

He didn't in canon, period.

#8 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Cool story, MC confessed ofscreen of his story, in such behavior, that girl thinked it was rivaly game. Nice try SP.
He didn't in canon, period.

Just like Internet say, picture or never happen!

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

I never see an MC with the title named after him get so many shafted on.

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

Why would he? First, he called Obito cool, so it's not hard too imagine even if I totally ignore Naruto and Kishimoto's opinion of Sasuke.

In addition, inherent in the opinions here is that Naruto shares your opinion of Sasuke. I am not here to defend Naruto's (or the author's) opinion of him nor opinion on whether he should have steeped in. I only mean to explain why, given the story as it written, he would not. Given the story's trajectory and themes, the final version of "Sasuke" is redeemed and no one (in story) thinks he will do it again. And this is the minimum. The story never clearly defines whether Naruto thinks him good, but a lost soul or bad and capable of reformation. If it's the former then their opinion probably goes beyond "he won't do it again."

Ultimately, whether you think Sasuke is good at series end or not, the story's set up is that he is or is well on his way. As in Part 1, he's not going to interfere if he thinks it's what she really wants AND if he thinks Sasuke is good now.

#11 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

I never see an MC with the title named after him get so many shafted on.

You should see some of the criticisms Goku receives over his parenting techniques and willingness to put aside everything (be it his family or the likelihood of the Earth surviving against entities hellbent on torturing and eradicating all of humanity) for the sake of gratifying his desire for a "good" fight. The flak he's earned over the years may not be as recent or pronounced like the disgust this new and unimproved Naruto is garnering, but I'd say they're close enough to be compared against each other. 

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

You should see some of the criticisms Goku receives over his parenting techniques and willingness to put aside everything (be it his family or the likelihood of the Earth surviving against entities hellbent on torturing and eradicating all of humanity) for the sake of gratifying his desire for a "good" fight. The flak he's earned over the years may not be as recent or pronounced like the disgust this new and unimproved Naruto is garnering, but I'd say they're close enough to be compared against each other. 

But the series isn't called Goku. It's DragonBall Z. Naruto got his own name, yet others are getting more stuff. That's just sad.

#13 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

I can imagine. The end of the series had him leaving his family to train someone else. Or his voluntary decision to stay dead at the end of the cell saga. I get why Toriyama did that (to forcibly pass the torch to the next generation), but geez it looks terrible on Goku. Not to mention it turns out Chi Chi was pregnant with Goten

It's a wonder Gohan and Goten turned out like they did given Goku's willingness to be absentee and Chichi getting portrayed as a raving lunatic who cared only about his studies (Gohan's desires be damned),

#14 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:12 AM

I can imagine. The end of the series had him leaving his family to train someone else. Or his voluntary decision to stay dead at the end of the cell saga. I get why Toriyama did that (to forcibly pass the torch to the next generation), but geez it looks terrible on Goku. Not to mention it turns out Chi Chi was pregnant with GotenIt's a wonder Gohan and Goten turned out like they did given Goku's willingness to be absentee and Chichi getting portrayed as a raving lunatic who cared only about his studies (Gohan's desires be damned),

I agree about goku leaving to train uub, but I could understand him choosing to stay dead after cell's defeat. He said that ever since he came to earth, all of the problems that happened were due to him. So in a way, his death was for the sake of the safety of the planet not his own selfish desires

#15 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

I think it's been touched on that Naruto's perception of Sasuke's character is the reason why he wouldn't step in. One criticism I always had of part 2 Naruto was that he didn't stand up for Sakura the same way he did part 1 when Sasuke was being cruel to her. It was pretty telling that when Sasuke tried to kill Sakura a second time his response was "she's part of team 7 too!" and he never really spoke to Sakura after that. We had been hoping that in the long run they would work out their issues, that later moments would make up for it, but there was always this lack of appropriate responses when it came to team 7. Sasuke too easily forgiven, Naruto too optimistic, Sakura always worrying and feeling inadequate. Those things weren't really resolved. Sasuke just sort of decided that he was done being a lone renegade and so they decided to move on.

That means that, to quote Elsa, they decided "the past is in the past" and if Naruto wasn't going to call Sasuke out during the bad, he's not going to while it's going good. Obviously, this doesn't make us happy or reflect well on Naruto.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

I always find it best when the series or movies satisfy all around audience rather than one area. Like let's just say for example, USA wants no one alive ending, so the protagonist dies. Good for them but Japan or any other nation feel forced and unnecessary. I'm not saying this is true, this is only an example. Like too forgiving and happiness seems old school and long time ago, not saying I think about it now, it almost feel Japan is too much of that. I understand it's mere coincidence. Anyway, it's best for not just all around audience, but best for the story.

#17 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

I always find it best when the series or movies satisfy all around audience rather than one area. Like let's just say for example, USA wants no one alive ending, so the protagonist dies. Good for them but Japan or any other nation feel forced and unnecessary. I'm not saying this is true, this is only an example. Like too forgiving and happiness seems old school and long time ago, not saying I think about it now, it almost feel Japan is too much of that. I understand it's mere coincidence. Anyway, it's best for not just all around audience, but best for the story.

What part of old school is happines and forgiving, almost all villians died in jump 80 years.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

What part of old school is happines and forgiving, almost all villians died in jump 80 years.

Not villains included. Just the fact whatever it seems to be neglecting without reasons, everyone is cool with it like nothing. Like Naruto. We don't see K9 tales on Sasuke but who cares! He got Sakura and then leaves her. But she's cool.

See...

#19 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

If your talking about the ending with 600, 700, and The Last, I'm pretty certain it is shown that he ends up with Hinata before SS even became a "thing". I haven't, and won't, watch that stupid film, but I'm pretty sure that Sakura and Sasuke aren't dating, and Sakura is still just sadly remembering the kitten as he wanders around the world.

#20 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:13 AM

If your talking about the ending with 600, 700, and The Last, I'm pretty certain it is shown that he ends up with Hinata before SS even became a "thing". I haven't, and won't, watch that stupid film, but I'm pretty sure that Sakura and Sasuke aren't dating, and Sakura is still just sadly remembering the a**hole as he wanders around the world.

Yeah they aren't a thing in the Last. I'm sure we'll find how it all happened in Sakura's novel. :sick:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasusaku, pairings, naruto

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users