89 replies to this topic

#41 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Can someone give me a summary of what happened in it?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#42 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

Can someone give me a summary of what happened in it?

Why not just read it yourself? It's not like NH or SS was in it

#43 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

Why not just read it yourself? It's not like NH or SS was in it

Because I said I'll never read or watch Naruto anymore. And so far I stuck with that.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#44 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

Because I said I'll never read or watch Naruto anymore. And so far I stuck with that.

http://naruto.wikia....y_the_Full_Moon

Here you go

#45 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

-Mitsuki wakes up from sleep that his mind was wiped
-Mitsuki remembers combat and he's a ninja
-Orochimaru goes over a mission
-Log is a samurai designed ninja that said to wipe out memories
-Orochimaru and Mitsuki work together
-Log got paralyzed
-It was revealed that it's older Mitsuki
-Both of them are created and Orochimaru mind game Mitsuki
-Mitsuki yells and went snake sage for the first time.
-takes the mission scroll and leave
-the scroll left a picture of Boruto and Mitsuki smiles
-it is the sun to his moon
-Thus leaving once again forced bromance

Fin

#46 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

Am I the only one concerned here about Suigetsu being completely ruined? :hm:

He was this awesome shounen hero with dreams and ambitions, a joker that Akatsuki acknowledged to be a warrior to be feared. He was on a quest to collect all the legendary seven swords, restore an organization of warriors, become it's leader and the best swordsman of the world. He was noble and a good friend.

Then Kishi took him, threw him into the sidelines, turned him into a coward that was made look like a chump. He made him abandon all of his dreams, become the lackey of the freak that conducted horrible experiments on him after abducting him. So literally gave him stockholm syndrome!

In this chapter and the Gaiden was the lowest depths of how far kishi can make a character fall.
Let this sink in for a moment.
This literally happened to your "my" favorite character/hero since you first met him like 12 years ago.
This is how "pardon my french" kittened up the editors of shounen jump are, to allow such crap go published and okay. On a kittening SHOUNEN magazine!

I was thinking the same thing ... The anime shouldn't bother with continuing after naruto ends because the quality of this is too low. It really is just filler and no one would watch it or read it.

Edited by totherpage95, 25 April 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#47 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:09 AM

Plot twist: Mitsuki's real mother is Sakura. Sarada and Mitsuki got switched at birth when Sarada was born in Oto. Sakura actually does have a umbilical cord in her possession... except she doesn't know that it isn't a match with Sarada (or maybe she does know?). Later down the line, Sasuke faces Mitsuki and goes Darth Vader on him:

Sasuke: "Mitsuki I AM your father."

Because Orochimaru in a woman's body + the Mitsuki clones are red herrings. Totally.

Edited by Skarrow, 25 April 2016 - 03:12 AM.

#48 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:28 AM

I was thinking the same thing ... The anime shouldn't bother with continuing after naruto ends because the quality of this is too low. It really is just filler and no one would watch it or read it.

In terms of dreams and ambitions, pretty much every character ends up like that (at least for those who we know had a big goal in mind before) like, for example, Tenten goes from aspiring to be a strong kunoichi like Tsunade to running a weapons shop that clearly isn't that huge when the only panel we see of her shows her being bored in it. Even Naruto's dream/goal of being Hokage amounts to nothing more than being a glorified mayor and part of the reason for that is because Naruto also originally wanted to become Hokage to gain the respect of the village to which he already had from defeating Pein and so attaining the Hokage position pretty much lost its meaning in that regard and so that's where the whole "ending the cycle of hatred" copy/paste from Jiraiya came in and then "changing the shinobi system" at the end, neither of which seems to have truly succeeded either..

2e5.gif

#49 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

In terms of dreams and ambitions, pretty much every character ends up like that (at least for those who we know had a big goal in mind before) like, for example, Tenten goes from aspiring to be a strong kunoichi like Tsunade to running a weapons shop that clearly isn't that huge when the only panel we see of her shows her being bored in it. Even Naruto's dream/goal of being Hokage amounts to nothing more than being a glorified mayor and part of the reason for that is because Naruto also originally wanted to become Hokage to gain the respect of the village to which he already had from defeating Pein and so attaining the Hokage position pretty much lost its meaning in that regard and so that's where the whole "ending the cycle of hatred" copy/paste from Jiraiya came in and then "changing the shinobi system" at the end, neither of which seems to have truly succeeded either..

The thing is that the reason the ending is so lackluster and the character accomplishments feel empty is because the story goal was very weak.

I keep saying the goal was/should have been "reform the ninja system" because while difficult it is a tangible goal. While "ending the cycle of hatred" is either an impossible goal because that mean removing a large number of emotions out of people among other thing. Or too simple to mean anything. in the case of Naruto the conflict main center around the uchiha and the eventual final fight between Naruto and Sasuke. Especially after the cycle of hatred was introduce. Which makes it seem like hatred only exist in the ninja world because the uchiha ie Sasuke isn't happy and if he was there would be eternal peace, because apparently conflict first spun from the conflict of the two brothers that led to the ninja system, and by resolving that eternal peace apparently because there no other conflict other then the ones the affect the uchiha. Oh wait that didn't happen and it would have been unbelievably stupid if it did. But since that was the end goal of the manga by the end and everything after -one shots, movie and the novels- that was to justify why hinata should get everything she ever wanted. But neither of those things can led to a sequel. Since hinata should have got everything she wanted, and if that conflict between Naruto and Sasuke wasn't resolved what was the point of that ending. That means their is no conflict that can led to a sequel. But the reforming the ninja system would have.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 April 2016 - 10:55 PM.

#50 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

The thing is that the reason the ending is so lackluster and the character accomplishments feel empty is because the story goal was very weak.

I keep saying the goal was/should have been "reform the ninja system" because while difficult it is a tangible goal. While "ending the cycle of hatred" is either an impossible goal because that mean removing a large number of emotions out of people among other thing. Or too simple to mean anything. in the as of Naruto the conflict main center around the uchiha and the eventual final fight between Naruto and Sasuke especially after the cycle of hatred was introduce. Which makes it seem like hatred only exist in the ninja world because the uchiha ie Sasuke isn't happy and if he was there would be eternal peace, because apparently conflict first spun from the conflict of the two brothers that led to the ninja system, and by resolving that eternal peace apparently. Oh wait that didn't happen and it would have been unbelievably stupid if it did. But since that was the end goal of the manga by the end and everything after -one shots, movie and the novels- that was to justify why hinata should get everything she ever wanted. But neither of those things can led to a sequel since hinata should have got everything she wanted, and if that conflict between Naruto and Sasuke wasn't resolved what was the point of that ending. That means their is no conflict that can led to a sequel. But the reforming the ninja system would have.

Yeah, it's why I always said that the whole idea of "true peace" with Naruto was a noble, but stupidly naive ideal/goal. Even his father and Jiraiya, while they wished for similar things, they were also sensible enough to look at things realistically and it's also why Nagato and Madara's methods for "peace" were, while wrong, understandable, because they have experienced the harsh reality of the world whereas Naruto, even with a "war", hasn't experienced even a small fraction of what generations prior to his have experienced and so has the luxury of still being pretty ignorant to such realities. If this had actually been anything like the previous three shinobi wars (and should have been FAR bigger with the most losses ever seen given the players involved)...yeah...

2e5.gif

#51 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

Anyone else expecting a S. Sage mode vs T. Sage mode fight between Mitsuki and Boruto at the Valley of the End in the middle of the Boruto manga?

#52 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

Anyone else expecting a S. Sage mode vs T. Sage mode fight between Mitsuki and Boruto at the Valley of the End in the middle of the Boruto manga?

I would say that would be redundant but judging by its one-shot, sure.

#53 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

-Mitsuki wakes up from sleep that his mind was wiped
-Mitsuki remembers combat and he's a ninja
-Orochimaru goes over a mission
-Log is a samurai designed ninja that said to wipe out memories
-Orochimaru and Mitsuki work together
-Log got paralyzed
-It was revealed that it's older Mitsuki
-Both of them are created and Orochimaru mind game Mitsuki
-Mitsuki yells and went snake sage for the first time.
-takes the mission scroll and leave
-the scroll left a picture of Boruto and Mitsuki smiles
-it is the sun to his moon
-Thus leaving once again forced bromance

Fin

Thank you.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#54 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

Thank you.

Forgot to mention. The twist is that Orochimaru is the one who erases his memory because of experiment to have him ignite Snake Sage mode, after 6 tries.

#55 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

I would say that would be redundant but judging by its one-shot, sure.

Mitsuki is more sai than sasuke.

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

Mitsuki is more sai than sasuke.

Some of it, yes, but the intention is more leaning toward Sasuke.

#57 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

He's a mixture of Sai and Sasuke. He has Sai's pale complexion and blunt honesty but Sasuke's snake theme, close ties with Orochimaru, parallel with the protagonist, and sword wielding. And like both of them he's good looking and has a older brother

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 25 April 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#58 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

He's a mixture of Sai and Sasuke. He has Sai's pale complexion and blunt honesty but Sasuke's snake theme, close ties with Orochimaru, close, brotherly relationship with the protagonist, and sword wielding. And like both of them he's good looking and has a older brother

The last part is something that now came to me. Oh brother...No pun intended.

#59 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

Some of it, yes, but the intention is more leaning toward Sasuke.

Ofc he's, sai is sasuke expy.
He's non rival sasuke. Kinda like armin.

@namikaze clan
Well, sai has "older brother" too.

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

I actually forgot about that. Not sure who's fault is that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users