5160 replies to this topic

#2241 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

I find it interesting that this whole flashback arc is like a mirror of Kushina's flashback arc. Rescue Romance?? check. Explains the mother's heritage?? check. Mommy turns out to be one hell of a badass?? check. Tells how the parents fell in love?? check.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2242 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ May 12 2013, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it interesting that this whole flashback arc is like a mirror of Kushina's flashback arc. Rescue Romance?? check. Explains the mother's heritage?? check. Mommy turns out to be one hell of a badass?? check. Tells how the parents fell in love?? check.

Lets hope that its not a template for shounen mangas and Luffy's mom was also a badass who was an important person. Well actually I can imagine that to really happen.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2243 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 12 2013, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets hope that its not a template for shounen mangas and Luffy's mom was also a badass who was an important person. Well actually I can imagine that to really happen.

Yeah I don't really think Dragon would fall for an ordinary woman tongue.gif

Edited by sushi., 12 May 2013 - 03:54 PM.

ナルサク

#2244 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 12 2013, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What you talking about Mothers needs to be Badarse. Allot of times the mother takes the back seat and it's all about how great their father is, when the mother was just as important, We saw it in Harry Potter, then Naruto and now in Bleach, in One Piece if we ever find out about his mother she's probably going to be a super badarse, who beat up Dragon without trying with a completely carefree attitude and probably a bit thick.

iAnby7W.gif

#2245 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 12 2013, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I don't really think Dragon would fall for an ordinary woman tongue.gif

Yeah even Roger's wife managed to delay her son's birth way pass the due date. That takes skillz.

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 13 2013, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you talking about Mothers needs to be Badarse. Allot of times the mother takes the back seat and it's all about how great their father is, when the mother was just as important, We saw it in Harry Potter, then Naruto and now in Bleach, in One Piece if we ever find out about his mother she's probably going to be a super badarse, who beat up Dragon without trying with a completely carefree attitude and probably a bit thick.

Thank you! No wonder this "main character's mom is a BAMF" is so familiar. I forgot about Harry Potter. Well I guess its a common element in narratives. I wonder how Ichigo's mom died. I bet the Vandenreich had a part in it.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 13 May 2013 - 06:06 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2246 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ah, interesting plot twist here. smile.gif Not that it wasn't guessed at, so I must ask anyone already guessed Katagiri was Uryu's mother?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2247 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ May 15 2013, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, interesting plot twist here. smile.gif Not that it wasn't guessed at, so I must ask anyone already guessed Katagiri was Uryu's mother?

I thought it was kind of obvious, just because she was a seemingly unimportant character who was given a name. She also seemed to have his face, but that could just be me looking for things that aren't there.

Ishida why?

He looks cool in that Vandenreich outfit though. I wonder what his plan is. Is he gonna reform when Ichigo arrives, or is he already planning to avenge his mother? In any case, I'm glad the original nakama are playing an important role this arc.

Now I just hope Kubo gets back to the Hueco Mundo group. tongue.gif

Edited by Super Boom, 16 May 2013 - 12:11 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#2248 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

Spoiler to chapter 537 --Click here to view--
I knew Ishida was going to be involved in this sooner or later. His dad having such a close relationship with Ichigo's mother was all I needed to make such a prediction. Can't wait for what is to come! biggrin.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#2249 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 13 2013, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you! No wonder this "main character's mom is a BAMF" is so familiar. I forgot about Harry Potter. Well I guess its a common element in narratives. I wonder how Ichigo's mom died. I bet the Vandenreich had a part in it.

Well I do see allot of similarities between Naruto and Harry Potter, Orphans, hated for something they have no control over, lonely and sad childhood, being touched by evil, being the chosen one, having a father who everyone kept on comparing them to, and a mother who died protecting them, and who they ultimately ended up taking after. Also both their mothers originally did not like the man they ended up marrying.

One other similarity between all three mothers, They are all RedHeads.

And Good prediction. I wonder what Ichigo will do next.

iAnby7W.gif

#2250 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 16 2013, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I do see allot of similarities between Naruto and Harry Potter, Orphans, hated for something they have no control over, lonely and sad childhood, being touched by evil, being the chosen one, having a father who everyone kept on comparing them to, and a mother who died protecting them, and who they ultimately ended up taking after. Also both their mothers originally did not like the man they ended up marrying.

One other similarity between all three mothers, They are all RedHeads.

And Good prediction. I wonder what Ichigo will do next.

I think naruto is more similar with Ron. Or combination of Ron with Harry protagonist aspect.
While sasuke is combination of Harry and Draco. I mean mark by the snake?

#2251 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ May 15 2013, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoiler to chapter 537 --Click here to view--
I knew Ishida was going to be involved in this sooner or later. His dad having such a close relationship with Ichigo's mother was all I needed to make such a prediction. Can't wait for what is to come! biggrin.gif

Not to mention Quilge's cryptic comment back in 490.

Now with his "Prince of Light" title, it seems like he holds a really special place in the Quincy ranks. I'm curious why that is, considering his mom was a mixed-blood. Is it is his association with Ichigo? I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kubo's gonna do with him though. It seems like Kubo always does more with him then the rest of nakama, before he shifts out of the way to let Ichigo do everything. He was the only nakama to defeat a captain in the SS arc, the only nakama other than Orihime to get involved in the Ulquiorra fight, and, more recentlyish, the only nakama to get involved in the Ginjou fight. I hope he remains relevant for a while this time, I'd like to see Ichigo surrounded by his original team during the final fight, instead of doing everything on his own.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#2252 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Super Boom @ May 16 2013, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to mention Quilge's cryptic comment back in 490.

Now with his "Prince of Light" title, it seems like he holds a really special place in the Quincy ranks. I'm curious why that is, considering his mom was a mixed-blood. Is it is his association with Ichigo? I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Oh yeah, that scene too. tongue.gif

I'm curious myself about how Ishida isn't being adsorbed by Juha. How is he a pure Quincy if his mother was only half? Also, I got to ask the same question you're asking. Why Prince of Light? And how come he is so strong?

Can't wait for 528. Ishida is my 2 favorite character after all. biggrin.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 17 May 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#2253 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Oooook

My mind

has

been

Officially Blown :wot:  :jawdrop:  :omfg:

the revela of Zangetsus true identiry

*head asplode*

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#2254 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Meet Tite Kubo, the ultimate troll and asspuller of the animanga universe!  :zaru:

#2255 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Meet Tite Kubo, the ultimate troll and asspuller of the animanga universe!  :zaru:

Please, don't remind me. I used to be an ardent fan.

But I hope, that Kubo will reveal Hitsugaya's true power if he's so ready to get skeletons out of closets. I remember there was said that Hitsugaya was a reincarnation of a heavenly guardian.

#2256 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

well.....

#2257 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

Guys Guys, Did any one read the new chapter!!!!????

http://www.mangahere...v58/c540/3.html

A SHOCKING TRUTH!!!!!!!! And kind of sad too. Nothing willl be the same anymore. :cry:

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 June 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#2258 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

I believe it's him but not in the same sense.

Edited by Dreamer, 06 June 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#2259 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

New chapter!!

http://www.mangahere...v58/c541/3.html

*sigh* I was happy with this chapter but WHY for the love of the heavens did Kubo have to stall in revealing Zangetsu's true form!?  I was so looking forward to it!!  :twitch:

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 June 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#2260 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/544

New Chapter. This is getting interesting. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users