• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#21 Lloyd_Aurion

Lloyd_Aurion

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Anime/Manga, Video Games, almost all mathematics and science, and swords.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

Click For Spoiler
Anyone else want Sakura to hit Naruto a few more times for ruining that moment? But I suppose it was a good chapter. Not as good as 245 or 296, but still a good chapter.

But as for Sai and Orochimaru, I have a theory as to what might be going on here. I think that it is possible that Danzou might be offering Sai to Orochimaru as a host body. Why? Well, mostly because of all of the times Sai has been compared to Sasuke. I mean, come on, why would Kishimoto have gone to the trouble of reinforcing how similar the two are if something wasn't going to come out of it? I know it doesn't make a lot of sense right now with the information we have, but maybe Danzou has reasons.

Back to Naruto and Sakura though, just think, the wounds Sakura got from 4-tailed Naruto are still there. And we all know that Naruto is eventually going to notice them. And that's when we'll really start to get our NaruSaku moments.

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Lloyd_Aurion @ Mar 2 2006, 02:17 PM)
I suppose it was a good chapter. Not as good as 245 or 296, but still a good chapter.

I say nay tongue.gif

Click For Spoiler
I think that it was better than 296 because of that one special scene where we see Yamato gearing up to confess Sakura's feelings for Naruto for her...but then Naruto wakes up...and in typical Naruto fashion, completely ruins the moment :rolleyes:

Damn it Kishi! Enough with the suspense already! My nails can't take much more of it! XD

#23 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

hmmmm.... this chapter is great! though i suppose our rivalists will deny NarSak again. Just like the 'friend' stuff. Literally:

Naruto and Sakura: *kissing*

SasuSaku and NaruHina: Just a friendly kiss...

Naruto and Sakura: *french kiss*

Naruto and Sakura: *fooling around, ahem*

thats what would happen.

#24 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

Click For Spoiler
*dies a happy death* I just read all translations and especially this one is just pure narusakuness XD. Even all of them are similar pointing that sakura has strong feelings for Naruto. It's just obvious, the thought of Sakura wanting to learn Yamto's jutsu, why would she want that? to help naruto of course tongue.gif

Edit: I was browsing at LJ naruto communities and well people who aren't naruaku supporters see it possible with this chapter =D

Woo thank you! New chapter!

Yamato: What you can do is not a matter of how much or how little. The important thing is that you care a lot about Naruto, is it not. Sakura... by looking at you I understand. You really...

Um wow 0.0! As a person who never believed NaruSaku would happen, I'm surprised that Kishimoto would write something so balantly Naruto/Sakura. Or that's the way I interepted.

*waits to see KabuSai and then SasuSai fans* Hm, Sasusasi. It's almost like masterbation when you think about how Kishimoto writes Sai.

#25 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

Ya know, I'm really curious as to what the real SasuSaku-ers spin is on this one. I even plunged the depths of NarutoFan (which I almost NEVER visit), yet they seem to be... oddly quiet about this chapter.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

Omg! This chapter is officially my absolute favourite now! a_spaz.gif

Click For Spoiler
The other FCs over at NF are getting so nervous right now, it's not even funny tongue.gif

im sure narusaku fans are going crazy about yamato's comment but was was he going to say anyways? he got interrupted so therefore the only thing we can do is assume that he said "in reality you love him" but its possible that it wasnt going to be about that, its even possible that he was refering to sakura and not about what she feels for naruto! im sure these kinds of denials are not well recieved but who can help that? they would deny it if naruto said he loved hinata so its inevitable. a lot of them think its over for naruhina but they still forget that hinata is STILL in love with naruto and that will have to end before narusaku

And talk about denial :rolleyes:

I was quite surprised to see her on the front cover of this week's chapter. Its really one of the best covers she's been on.

Plus, it counters all the NaruSaku stuff in this chapter. Therefore the pairing hints have been neutralized or evened out. NaruHina FTW!

And believe me desaix...the SasuSaku-ers aren't very happy right now tongue.gif

#27 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

Sweet Zombie Jesus. I did not expect that one. As it is, yes, the boy's oblivious. The girl is crying, which she would do when Sasuke was an a$$ to her, and now Sai is around to be an a$$ to her. He just came out of being possessed by a greater Demonic Entity. Take pity on him for jumping to the obvious conclusion. Then again, this is the boy who's had stalker Hinata following him around, fainting and stuttering around him, and can't seem to guess why. That's all right. I like oblivious characters like him, naive innocent. It gives them a certain kind of purity (like Ranma, sometimes.).

I knew we'd get a Naruto Sakura moment, but not that freakin' Yamato would be the one who is noticing how she cares for him. I should've known that was a clone of Sai, though. I was actually hoping Sai was really killed. Like REALLLY killed. It's been too long since we've had someone die. (The Sasori death was kind of weird since he wasn't really alive, but animate. Like an undead almost.) Such a straightforward death it would've been too. Sword through the chest. Like a kunai across the neck. We don't get enough of that simple death in Naruto. oh, and by the way? I hate Hypocrites! Damn Sai! (This is why I was hoping he was dead.) Not that I don't disagree with you calling Sasuke a traitor (because he was) but that isn't license for you to go off and do the same thing. It could always be some odd insidious plan for Sai to have some strange sort of attack that takes out Orochimaru. He could go in there and be like a Suicide Bomber, carrying into the Sound with him a means to take out the heart of their complex. Then again, maybe Danzou 'approved' of Orochimaru's 'whatever means necessary' methods to gain strength, and would rather have him in charge since he won't 'coddle' those in the village. and next, the Yamato Compass. Whatever that means.

#28 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

I can't do anything. I tried dling the thing like fifteen times and from different people but it's always corrupted.

#29 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

I bet Sai will piss Sasuke off and say he has a small kitten.That or we see Sai fanboying over Sasuke. laugh.gif

Edit: I also find it funny what the NaruHina shippers are saying about it. It's kind of pathetic. biggrin.gif
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#30 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

More! More! More! laugh.gif

This is the latest update from Wikipedia:

Click For Spoiler
In Chapter 297, Sakura wanted to learn the Kaku An Nitten Sui Shū in order to help Naruto in the future. After Yamato told Sakura why she couldn't, she cried. She believes that everything that she can possibly do for Naruto are too small. However, Yamato said that it doesn't matter on how big or small the things she does for Naruto are. He said what matters are the strength of her feelings for Naruto. Yamato implied that Sakura is starting to develop feelings of love for Naruto.

*Loves super hard on Chapter 297* wub.gif

#31 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

Perhaps the Big Yellow 50-Ton Truck has finally hit the Naruto community. wink.gif

I'll agree with Puck. I was hoping for a small NaruSaku moment, but I did not expect the curve-ball of Yamato practically confessing Sakura's feelings for her. XD

I mean, how much clearer could you make Sakura's feelings? Paint them in huge letters (with lots of hearts) on Hokage Monument?

Let's look at the manga timeline:
Click For Spoiler

Part One
Sakura starts out really disliking Naruto, but feels bad for mistreating him (end of Chapter 3). Over the next 235 chapters, she notices more of Naruto little by little, even showing warm tender smiles she has never given anyone else, not even Sasuke. By the end of Part One, she has realised how important Naruto is to her, and that he actually cares about her.

Part Two
Chapter 245: We see Sakura blush a lot in front of Naruto, she even asks him what he thinks of her new look. She wonders why she feels so "lonely". After blasting Naruto into the ground, she demands he bring back the romantic atmosphere they had! After the reunion, it is very apparent that Naruto and Sakura click together very well, spending more time together than they did in Part One, having casual conversations and so on.

Build-up to Chapter 296: Sakura thinks about how lonely Naruto was when he grew up, branded as a demon. As she and Naruto find out more about the Jinchuuriki and their fate, she cries at the mere thought of Naruto dying. She worries about Naruto as he tries to keep his burden to himself, and tries to reach out to him on a few occasions. Sai even starts to comment on Sakura's feelings towards Naruto, but is interrupted.

Chapter 296: Naruto has gone too far. Sakura is shocked when she sees the Four Tails. She thinks about Naruto as he usually is - sunny, bright, brave, etc. When she realises how he's practically killing himself over his promise to her, she cries and rushes towards Naruto to try and save him.

Chapter 297: Sakura says she feels powerless to help Naruto and wishes she could do so much more. Yamato comments on her feelings towards Naruto, and pretty much confirms he thinks she is in love with the blonde. Again, interrupted. tongue.gif Sakura cries with happiness and relief when Naruto wakes.

That's just in a nutshell, but how can you make it clearer? Naruto has always had feelings for Sakura, and now Sakura is returning those feelings! When you consider that NaruHina and SasuSaku (well, I think SasuSaku is pretty much killed off, but just in case) are both very one-sided. Naruto does not show any romantic feelings for Hinata, and Sasuke does not see Sakura as more than family. Compared to them, NaruSaku is light years ahead in terms of development and is two-sided!

Barring any 1080° plot corkscrews, it looks like the question of "if NaruSaku happens" has turned into "WHEN NaruSaku happens". biggrin.gif Honestly, Kishimoto has spent all that ink, paper, and all those YEARS on developing the relationship between those two. SasuSaku is second place, with NaruHina being a very distant third.

LMAO, Shauna-chan! 111189.gif

Plus, it counters all the NaruSaku stuff in this chapter. Therefore the pairing hints have been neutralized or evened out. NaruHina FTW!

Right. One picture of Hinata on her own (the caption was a play on her name, which means something like "sunshine"), against Yamato blatantly saying Sakura is in love with Naruto. :rolleyes: If the roles were reversed (a Sakura cover against... say... Yamato declaring Naruto is in love with Hinata), I'm sure the NaruHinas would be saying the exact same thing I am.

Sorry NaruHina and SasuSaku shippers. While I'm completely cool with you following your favourite pairings (hey, everyone should enjoy what they love!), I think you're flogging dead horses on the manga issue. The HinaNaruSakuSasu pairings debate is practically over.

Well, I'm a happy guy. biggrin.gif I'm going to hunt for a bottle of beer to celebrate with. XD

P.S: That Wikipedia was updated fast! It's nice to read, isn't it, Shauna-chan? biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to mention that I agree with everyone on how great it is that NaruSaku takes small steps rather than rush the development. smile.gif All I hope is that it won't turn into a Takahashi-style relationship (comatose-snail-like development, lots of rivals, no kiss at the end despite the couple saying they're in love with each other).

#32 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

The Wikipedia person is either very neutral ora closet narusaku fan :devil:

#33 M1abrams

M1abrams

The Colonel

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Anime and Airsoft, what else is there in life...oh yeah....RAMEN!!!!

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

Here is what I think of chapter 297:

Disclaimer: Read at own risk, strong language and violence fallow.

Click For Spoiler
OH GOD IT WAS SO CLOSE!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair again, I could see it, hear it...hell I could even taste it th_cussing.gif Damd you Kishimoto, why...why must your tourture us like this! :shamefulcry0js:

So so close, Yamato was a sylabol away from spilling it out so everyone could hear! Damd....I can finish the line for him...yeah it goes "In reality you...LOVE NARUTO!!!!!" Gah...okay okay, I am done ranting, I had a long day and the only thing that could have made it better was Sakura finally revealing her true feelings for Naruto...but no...they were cut short becuase SOMEBODY couldnt stay unconsious for just a few more seconds.

Okay, I am done now, as far as Sai goes...I just wanted Kabuto to slam that Kunai down right into the little bastards back...stupid good for nothing kitten obsesing, skimpy clothe wearing, Sasuke wanabe asswhipe...oh how I would like to see him get whats comming to him.

Right then, now I am actually done...hope you enjoyed my rant happy.gif

Image by Andorea-chan, the greatest artist I know!

#34 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

OMFG!!!

Click For Spoiler

This chapter totally made my day!
I agree with everyone in that I was NOT expecting something this big! Hell, I'm so used to picking up subtle subtle NaruSaku hints that even leaving out the Yamato comment would have been fine, I would have still *SQUUEED* at Naruto's cluelessness (and notice the first things he says is concern about her! <3) This is even better than Sai's similar comment, that one is amibguous. Yamato's is so solid!!

At this part:
Yamato: Hm... Sakura... It's written all over your face. The one you truelly...

Naruto: Sa... Sakura-chan...

I threw my Sudoku book across the room in frustration! 2nd time Naruto's done that too!! If only he'd stayed quiet for half a second longer, he would've found out too!!
*swims in NaruSaku euphoria*

QUOTE (Lloyd_Aurion)
But as for Sai and Orochimaru, I have a theory as to what might be going on here. I think that it is possible that Danzou might be offering Sai to Orochimaru as a host body. Why? Well, mostly because of all of the times Sai has been compared to Sasuke. I mean, come on, why would Kishimoto have gone to the trouble of reinforcing how similar the two are if something wasn't going to come out of it? I know it doesn't make a lot of sense right now with the information we have, but maybe Danzou has reasons.

I really like this idea... or rather I think it's the most likely. It would give them more time to hunt for Sasuke too.

#35 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:13 PM

There is no emoticon or smiley good enough to express what I'm feeling right now.except for maybe this one: a_spaz.gif
Click For Spoiler
It's too bad that we never really got a clear idea of what Sai's message was.Or if we did,I missed it! sweatdrop.gif

#36 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:14 PM

OMFG I know lets all draw fanart pretend he said it sad.gif

#37 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

Click For Spoiler
I may not talk much, but now I just HAVE to say something. XD

I love this chapter! I have to admit that I was sort of unsure as to if Sakura loved Naruto or not, but now I have my answer. The nswer is none other then that she DOES love him.

At least Yamato seems to think so, and he would know these things thanks to the fact that he is an adult. Though I am not surprised at all that the NaruHina and SasuSaku fans are visiting a river in Egypt, as they like many other shippers before them, hate to be proven wrong.

As for Sai joining up with Orochimaru? Not really all that surprised at all really...

Can't wait for the next chapter...

#38 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

Click For Spoiler

im sure narusaku fans are going crazy about yamato's comment but was was he going to say anyways? he got interrupted so therefore the only thing we can do is assume that he said "in reality you love him" but its possible that it wasnt going to be about that, its even possible that he was refering to sakura and not about what she feels for naruto! im sure these kinds of denials are not well recieved but who can help that? they would deny it if naruto said he loved hinata so its inevitable. a lot of them think its over for naruhina but they still forget that hinata is STILL in love with naruto and that will have to end before narusaku

Absolute, pure speculation. Given the nature of the scene, what Sakura had been saying, and what Yamato was saying to Sakura, what exactly are those possibilities? If not about that, then what would it have been about?

And on the last line, why is this so? Why does Hinata have to fall out of love with Naruto for Naruto to get with someon else? Or if its some sort of resolution on a largely undeveloped plot threat, why does that have to be resolved before Naruto can fall in love with anyone not name Hinata?. I see no reason why Hinata cannot still be in love with him while Naruto is in love with somone else. It maks no sense.

I was quite surprised to see her on the front cover of this week's chapter. Its really one of the best covers she's been on.

I believe Smiter covered this pretty well, so I have nothing except that's a pretty thin branch to be grabbing onto. If say, Tenten, were on the cover does that mean she'll later on fall in love with Naruto and there be a new triangle? If the cover is as important as this person says then that would be a fair implication of such an event.

Finally, I ran across a third translation that's not posted here but translated Yamato's as:

"What matters is that you put your heart in it..."

The scene has the same feel, as I still saw it as NaruSaku before seeing the other translations, but it does tone done the moment a little bit

#39 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

I do wonder what will happen next. It's obvious that we'll focus on Sai's betrayal (perhaps start with Naruto and Sakura's reactions after they learn Sai is a traitor), but I do wonder if Naruto will notice Sakura's wounds, that is if she doesn't bring up the Kyuubi subject first. If Yamato planted a tracking bug on Sai, as I suspect, then it's possible he could decide to camp for the night to let everyone recover from the fight before moving on to locate Sai and Oro's lair. If that happens, MAYBE we'll get a talk between Naruto and Sakura.

EDIT: Agreed with Shriner on the subject of the NaruHina speculation and his rebuttals. smile.gif I realise that we NaruSakus are speculating as well, but we have very solid foundations and evidence.

#40 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Scantalation is out btw.

However, I guess you've already said it but

Click For Spoiler
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I quote it again:

Sakura: The only things I can do for Naruto are so small...
Yamato (to Sakura): It's not a problem of small or big... what's important is the strengh of the feelings you have for Naruto.
Sakura (looking shocked): ......
Yamato: Sakura... I can tell by looking at you. In reality you...
Naruto wakes up...

SHE FRIGGIN LOVES HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe I overact now as a NaruSaku Fan, but this is so becoming canon!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
It's becoming more and more obvious... a_hug.gif

Back to The Museum of NaruSaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users