#1 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

497 at Mangastream

Love the Kyuubi fight with Sage mode Naruto and Kushina showing up, one of the most awesome chapters ever. wow.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 02 June 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#2 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

Ugh, now we gotta wait for next week.

Friggin cliffhanger.

But at least we got to see Naruto beat up the Kyuubi a bit.

#3 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

:OOO!!! he was consumed by hatred, but all of a sudden his mother appeared, and who better to drive away his hate than Kushina...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#4 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

th_confused0089.gif I'm having one of those eye of the storm moments. Whoa...calming cliffhangar. And there was a storm, look what he did to Kyuubi.

Edited by Insurrection, 02 June 2010 - 11:20 PM.

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

One word comes to my mind after reading the chapter EPIC! the fight was epic and Naruto hitting the Kyuubi with the giant rasengan was priceless. Obviously I knew the chapter cliffhanger was Kushina appearing we have to wait for next week but I can't wait I want to read 498 already. rawr.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

That was a great chapter and I was happy to see Naruto give Kyuubi a beating even though it was short. I still wonder what role Kushina will play in the upcoming chapter?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#7 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

That was epic, can't wait till next week. Hopefully it's his real mom and not a trap.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

Whoa, Naruto's actually capable of standing toe to toe against the Kyuubi atleast for a little while. that Rasengan was bloody gigantic, yet paled when compared to the size of the Kyuubi, and then he did use the RasenShuriken right? (I've never seen the English translation before so i'm not 100% sure?) That looked awsome.

Whoa, we finally find out what happened to Kushina!!! looks like she sacrificed herself with her husband (maybe to split the Chakra in two half?) Damn you Konoha, both his parents sacrificed themseles for them and they treat their only son like dirt.

Bloody hell Kishi is certainly building up for a Epic 500 chapter. this was definitely one of the best chapter to date, can wait for the next few weeks.

Wonder what Naruto's eyes would look like if he was half Yami and half Normal and using both the Sage and Kyuubi power together?

Edit: This also proves the level of the fourths Genius, he knew his son might try to over power the Kyuubi and put a fail safe for that as well. Just a shame he didn't take precautions to make sure he would have a happy upbringing, guess he had a bit too much faith in his people.

Edited by harry4e, 02 June 2010 - 11:39 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

I think in the same regard where a bit Minato was sealed inside of him from opening the seal, kushina was also sealed to prevent him from being overcome by the foxes hatred. Pretty simple theory.

And Id have to say the one page i liked more than the last one was this

\

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think in the same regard where a bit Minato was sealed inside of him from opening the seal, kushina was also sealed to prevent him from being overcome by the foxes hatred. Pretty simple theory.

As awesome as that is, but is anyone else reminded of Luffy after he's been on a post battle binge? Kyuubi looks like he's been snacking on members of Konoha andis taking a nap.

iAnby7W.gif

#11 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

Yeah Naruto really kicked the fox's a**

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#12 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 2 2010, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Naruto really kicked the fox's a**

I was a little surprised, he looked awesome this chapter. Next chapter is only going to be even better

#13 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

The mother of all *uber painful* belly rubs! wow.png

The end freaked me out so much, haha. I've ceased to read spoilers so I was like wow.gif Holy crap! YESH. We will get to find out what happened to her! I guess she's "dead" if she is appearing in Naruto's subconscious... If the Yondaime shows up too I'mma cry. A happy family RUINED.
meh.

#14 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! One more week! And yes Kyubi smackdown! I hope there's more said between the two than was said between father and son. But yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, that she was put there to seal the other half away.

Although again... with the Bee swearing... WTH? Wish Sleepyfans was still doing it. Which is said because back when it was binktopia I was hoping the other way around.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 03 June 2010 - 12:03 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#15 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

KUSHINAAAAAAAA! love.gif th_glomp.gif

This is the first time in several years that I've been this excited and happy with a chapter of Naruto.

It gave me everything I wanted to see. Naruto actually fighting the Kyuubi. Naruto holding his own against the Kyuubi. More insight to just how poorly Naruto was treated by Konoha. Kushina... well, just Kushina. I barely know anything about her, but I love the woman.

Minato must not have been much of a genius, or he would have known how poorly his son would have been treated. It isn't as if Jinchuuriki were a knew concept to him. He should have known better.

But the fact that it seems as if Kushina died as well to contain it just pisses me off at Konoha even more. Naruto lost more than everyone in the village. He didn't just lose his family, or even his chance at a normal life. No. He lost something even more important.

Choice. He's had none in how his life went. Once the Kyuubi was sealed into him, there was nothing he was going to be allowed to do other than become a shinobi. For all we know, if that had never happened, he wouldn't have gotten involved in the life at all. With how much he loves it, I wouldn't be surprised if he had become a ramen chef.

Call it bad form if you want, but I'm glad Konoha got destroyed. The old village needed to be ripped away, so a new, better village could grow.

#16 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Wow, that was INSANE!!! I almost cried of happiness at the end.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

Is it so wrong I squealed like a girl when I saw Kushina appear in the end? XD. Still, Naruto has considerable willpower not to fully succumb to the Kyuubi until a lull in the battle happened. What better way to fully contain the Kyuubi's fury than a mother's love? Feels like a mix of Harry Potter and Evangelion a bit.

#18 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 2 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it so wrong I squealed like a girl when I saw Kushina appear in the end? XD. Still, Naruto has considerable willpower not to fully succumb to the Kyuubi until a lull in the battle happened. What better way to fully contain the Kyuubi's fury than a mother's love? Feels like a mix of Harry Potter and Evangelion a bit.

Harry Potter? Fine. His parents were good people, and whenever they were involved good stuff happened.

Evangelion? Please God, no! Everything Shinji's parents touched turned to crap. And mind rape. Lots of mind rape.

As for Naruto, he's always had insane willpower. How else would he have survived his childhood? I mean, look at how crazy Gaara went without the will to fight off his bijuu.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 03 June 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#19 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

Awww, Kushina <3

I was surprised at the power of the attacks, and I'm glad I didn't read the spoilers because I was not expecting the fight to go there. Kushina looks so beautiful and tender, I'd love to see a mother-son moment next chapter. Killer Bee, Naruto, and Kushina in one chapter... Can that be any more awesome? =D

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:22 AM

All I have to say is...

HOLY. F-ING. S***!!! wow.png

What a chapter!!! And Kushina!!! Mother's coming for ya, Naruto! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users