• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 shadowlife

shadowlife

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga,NaruSaku, fitness, computers, programming, cars, history, games, etc, etc, etc.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

Given my experience with fandoms (such like Ranma or Evangelion fanbases), I would bet that several years from now most of fans left will think that hate the late arcs of the manga, hate the ending and hate the -unfortunately- canonical couples.

Yes, it is funny, but I think that NOW that NH and SS are canon it is when their popularity will go down.

That has been my experience as well, though I have to say that the Naruto fandom(outside of the NS community) is much much worse.  However, I suspect that is more a generational thing(being nastier to people).  I do agree with you though that now that NH and SS are cannon their popularity will go down.  I just wonder if at some point Kishi and SP will realize their mistake and try to retcon the official ending with another movie.  I guess time will tell.

#42 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

That has been my experience as well, though I have to say that the Naruto fandom(outside of the NS community) is much much worse.  However, I suspect that is more a generational thing(being nastier to people).  I do agree with you though that now that NH and SS are cannon their popularity will go down.  I just wonder if at some point Kishi and SP will realize their mistake and try to retcon the official ending with another movie.  I guess time will tell.

It would be just sooooo meaningful to me like Rowling telling "On second thought, RonxHermione was a bad idea" many years after the end of Harry Potter.

If much time has passed, i will not bother with that retcon.

And I certainly will not bother with that alleged Part III. "But you can read Naruto's son and Sakura's daughter maybe hooking up!" I am NOT interested on reading Naruto's son and Sakura's daughter hooking up. I am interested on reading NARUTO and Sakura hooking up. That hypotetical "NS will succeed in the next generation" does not work for me. Moreover, for all what we know, they are trying to bait NS fans with promises that they do not intend to fulfill. And when NS fans find out it will be too late, and Kishimoto will have plundered our pockets again. Nay, I tell!

And has someone noticed that the "The new generation will suceed where the old one failed?" theme has also been shot to Hell?

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#43 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

I actually came back here after years because of chapter 700.

I'm disappointed, but I'm still happy to see this place is going on, and will continue to do so.

#44 shadowlife

shadowlife

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga,NaruSaku, fitness, computers, programming, cars, history, games, etc, etc, etc.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

It would be just sooooo meaningful to me like Rowling telling "On second thought, RonxHermione was a bad idea" many years after the end of Harry Potter.

If much time has passed, i will not bother with that retcon.

And I certainly will not bother with that alleged Part III. "But you can read Naruto's son and Sakura's daughter maybe hooking up!" I am NOT interested on reading Naruto's son and Sakura's daughter hooking up. I am interested on reading NARUTO and Sakura hooking up. That hypotetical "NS will succeed in the next generation" does not work for me. Moreover, for all what we know, they are trying to bait NS fans with promises that they do not intend to fulfill. And when NS fans find out it will be too late, and Kishimoto will have plundered our pockets again. Nay, I tell!

And has someone noticed that the "The new generation will suceed where the old one failed?" theme has also been shot to Hell?

Yeah not too interested in the kids unless they are NaruSaku kids hooking up with someone else.  If too much time has passed, I will no longer care.  TBH I don't think this will happen since Kishi already gave a big middle finger to the entire fandom.  The problem is, too many in the fandom doesn't realize that is exactly what he is doing.  The man is not happy that the series has continued for so long.  It shows in recent writing and especially 699-700.  Yes, he will be laughing all the way to the bank, but even though you don't like what you are doing, you are still gonna get all you can out of it.  Someday the entire fandom will realize that he no longer cares about the franchise and wants to make as money as he can from it.

#45 tekopi

tekopi

Randomness Practitioner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Foods, Books, Martial Art, Play MPV, Rock Climbing, Camping, Ukulelelele, Sony MP3, Sony Xperia, Sony Everything!!

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

Well, I joined this community way back when I first started getting into NS. I guess a good year and a half ago . . I had just gotten into Naruto and was hooked on NS from the start. Then my job got in the way and canon started pissing me off, (it hasn't stopped ever since) so I let go of it and found a new way to get my NS fix, fanfiction, which was a absolutely new thing for me. I guess what i am trying to say is that this is pretty much my first actual meaningful post here, I really wish it was under better circumstances but anywho . . . 

I won't lie, the ending made me pretty sad. I apologize if my words don't make it better for the rest of you but I just had a fanfic author reveal the ending in their fic and for the first few minutes, I was kinda sorta devastated. Even though I hadn't followed Naruto for almost two years, the news still hit me like a truckload. And it was pretty bad until my mind started the emotional damage control and then I logged on here to see what was what and I saw the attitude of the community and it was like a breath of fresh air. Right now, I guess I am still melancholic but I have realized that the canon is just one person's creation. It doesn't have to ruin my take on NS and all that I enjoy about it.

So I would like to thank you guys for having created this forum the way it is. I won't let go of NS as it is a huge part of my outlook on life and I hope you guys keep that love alive as well. I will be here a lot more now so my gratitude to Smiter for deciding to continue this hang out.

I do, however, hope that writers and other artists don't give up on NS. That's actually my biggest point of concern out of all of this. As I mentioned, NS introduced me to the fanfiction and I have been hooked ever since. It's NS fics now and NS art later and so on, whenever I get the time. So here is my plea to all you amazing artists and authors out there who have helped me discover so many new things in the past, I hope you continue to do so in the future. I can't really begin to tell how much I have enjoyed reading your works and I really, really wish that you keep this up. Tricksie, I am looking at you, you better not leave us hanging !!!! :)

Phew . . . now that that is out of my system, here goes nothing . . . 

Hey guys, M.A.A here (I can't find the option to change the freakin name anywhere !!!) but you may call me ahmadaziz . . . I am kinda sorta new here, even though my profile may like to say otherwise. I love NS and reading NS and watching NS and some football/soccer too . . . . I hope that we can be friends. Please take good care of me and tell me what's a guy to do around here (other than be amazed at myself for coming up with M.A.A as a nickname)

I hope your call-out will reach all the great NS fan-artist and fan-author. I for one won't stop from writing my thoughts and turn it into fiction, especially this pairing. Just because they are as of this moment the world see it as a crack pairing (but in here we will always considered it as the otp) doesn't mean that I have to change my story or be done with it. Hell no. Because from what I see, this is the moment that we can use to spread our ideas and thoughts on the inconsistency and absurdity of the main storyline and we will show it through our own effort, our arts, and fics, while keeping the real development as we see it for 698 chapters alive.

Oh and btw, you can go to this thread if you want to change your name http://www.narusaku....=23#entry632382

Edited by tekopi, 06 November 2014 - 11:25 PM.

Whoever had watched this cutie pie

a9LmPMo_700b_zpspu05hup0.jpg

You Are Sick...Just like me  :hehehe: 

#46 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

Sigh... I'm disappointed more than upset with the final chapters. Lately I can tell the chapters weren't as good nor as engaging as previous ones in the past. I was just expecting the story to finish up in a logical way from all the development from the last 698 chapters. To see the ending become what it is, as if someone had requested kishimoto to write it a certain way or to appeal to a certain fanbase rather than what the author wanted or intended is truly sad and disheartening.

Although we may be unhappy, it doesn't change the fact that that is the official published ending and therefore canon. The most we can do is hold on to happier memories and hope to make the best with our own fanworks if we were to stick with this fandom and anime/manga. That's what I'm planning to do and hopefully, one day when I actually have time I'll write my own ending that stays true to the story and spirit of Naruto. Especially since I'm annoyed at the ooc and/or reversion of character growth.

Nonetheless, I will not be leaving this fandom nor this site, but I'll definitely stop by a lot less. I wish everyone the best and I hope that the ending of Naruto won't get to you guys too much since there's still so much other good stuff out there to see.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#47 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

NaruSaku forever <3

Heaven and Earth <3  :grouphug: 

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#48 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

Ah! So many old faces (users)!! Hello again friends! Remember when we were all partying when part 2 was about to come out?! Those boots! Hahaha

I was very quiet on this board, and use to only post on the fanfic section... Even though I was quiet, I found so much peace in this forum. Naruto helped me get through some road blocks in my life and was there when I needed something to ease my pain or think through things. I have enjoyed my time with Naruto and this fandom immensely, and though the last 2 chapters are not what I wished, I have so many memories to look back and grin. Thank you Smiter! Thank you mods! smiter, are you still in contact with the original mods? If so please let them know they have helped provide such a great environment for us.

Edited by Destiny, 24 November 2014 - 07:19 AM.

Love is everything.

#49 Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:12 AM

Thank you, Smiter.
well, our ship sunk. But I went down with our ship no matter what. We'll live in the bottom of ocean as a mermaid :D
beautiful mermaids with you, guys.
I don't want to live up there where everything is a bunch of lies and Kishi-moto as the king of trolls.

Edited by Heaven on Earth, 07 November 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#50 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

Reading this thread is really great. I, like many others I'm sure, have been very disappointed, but I'll always ship NS. It'll take some time to get back into the swing of things, but I believe that we'll keep on keepin' on. I want to thank all of you for making this forum a place where Naruto pairings can be discussed without fear. Even though I've drifted away from discussing the series at times as the years went on, I always inevitablly came back to talk about something or other and always enjoyed that this place exists as a place where we can talk about something that we love.

I have met so many amazing friends through this site and I can't imagine going through life without them. So, thank you all for being a part of this community. I for one am going to channel my energy into a work for the 10th Anniversary contest. :) I encourage everyone to participate however they can so that we can show off our wonderful community and comfort one another.

tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#51 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

Again, thank you all!  This is a wonderful community, and I'm proud to be part of it.  :grouphug:

In case anyone is unaware, I've put H&E on total lockdown for the time being.  Guests cannot see the forums, and nobody can register.  This is so that everyone here can have an oasis in all this chaos.  Peace and privacy to help everyone get through this painful period.

I want to thank you all so much for being here.  It really helps to talk about this with everyone, and I feel like I am slowly healing.  I still feel angry at the way Kishimoto treated his story and characters, but I hope that we will all come out of this stronger, and that we will be able to return to shipping NaruSaku for its wonderful dynamic.  :smile:

NaruSaku, quite simply the best Naruto pairing that never was.

EDIT:  I would love to see your entry, Saku-chan!  I hope that we can all gradually return to creating more wonderful NaruSaku fan works.  :D

#52 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:49 AM

I ain't goin' nowhere. ^^ I've loved every moment I've spent on this site, and I don't want to just let it end here.

And actually, I think it would be absolutely incredible if the NaruSaku fandom banded together to create an official "unofficial" NaruSaku headcanon that we all know about and revere as truth. I mean, we as the NaruSaku fandom have people that we revere - all the mods at this site, LadyGT - and if any of you were to work together to create a product that we as a fandom agreed upon to be canon to us, that would be a pretty incredible feat. Of course, if we did that there would still be room for regular fanfiction, but there would be the one, NaruSaku fandom headcanon work and then everyone else's fanfiction. IDK if that's even possible, but I'm sure we could all work something out! ^^ And I agree 100% with what Tricksie said earlier. I think that NaruSaku was intended to happen from the beginning, but because of unforeseen changes in the future of Naruto (AKA next gen), he changed it last minute to pair everyone off in order to continue his story. 

So in reality, NaruSaku was ACTUALLY supposed to happen. They really were made for each other, but cruel fate ripped them apart :'(

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#53 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:49 AM

Smiter i think your old batman avatar is an appropriate reaction to these last 2 chapters :P.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#54 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:07 AM

I think it would be absolutely incredible if the NaruSaku fandom banded together to create an official "unofficial" NaruSaku headcanon that we all know about and revere as truth. I mean, we as the NaruSaku fandom have people that we revere - all the mods at this site, LadyGT - and if any of you were to work together to create a product that we as a fandom agreed upon to be canon to us, that would be a pretty incredible feat. Of course, if we did that there would still be room for regular fanfiction, but there would be the one, NaruSaku fandom headcanon work and then everyone else's fanfiction. IDK if that's even possible, but I'm sure we could all work something out! ^^ And I agree 100% with what Tricksie said earlier. I think that NaruSaku was intended to happen from the beginning, but because of unforeseen changes in the future of Naruto (AKA next gen), he changed it last minute to pair everyone off in order to continue his story. 

So in reality, NaruSaku was ACTUALLY supposed to happen. They really were made for each other, but cruel fate ripped them apart :'(

Thanks, Win-chan.  :happy:   I'm in total agreement with your post, there is so much unresolved foreshadowing and it feels like Kishimoto just did a sudden change of direction.  No wonder he called it a shocking ending...

Well, LadyGT recently uploaded a bunch of her unreleased NaruSaku fanart to her tumblr blog, including this wonderful doujinshi.  Go read it!

She is actually musing over the possibility of creating an "alternate ending" to the manga, but she will need time to pick herself up and see if she can come up with any ideas.  Personally, I hope she will be able to find it in herself to make some more NaruSaku art, her work is just fantastic.

I would love to help with writing an alternative ending, and maybe there would be an interesting project if enough writers and artists got together.  :smile:   It wouldn't have to be an actual manga, it could even be a collection of stories.  Like each author/artist posts their vision of how they would end the story.

Smiter i think your old batman avatar is an appropriate reaction to these last 2 chapters :P.

Haha, unfortunately I don't have that avatar on my computer anymore, and I'm not sure where I can find it.  :lol:

#55 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Originally I intended to take a break myself, but you know what, I think I'll stick around. It's good to know others faith in NaruSaku never gave up, and I shouldn't either. Besides I've been here for almost five years now. I don't want to leave because of something becoming canon. We can still freely ship what we want and NaruSaku as a whole still is better, and I've also made some great friends on here over the years.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#56 NaruSakuCute16

NaruSakuCute16

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU 4EVER

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

By now, you have most likely read the final two chapters of the Naruto manga.

I'm sure we're all feeling really confused and disappointed in the ending, particularly about how badly Kishimoto butchered his own story and characters.

But I would like to say that I will keep Heaven and Earth running for as long as people want to post here.  :smile:   It really hurts to see the manga end in that way, but many of us have great memories here, and we all met new friends here.  :happy:

To everyone who is staying, and everyone who is leaving, thank you all so much for your support and for being part of H&E for the past ten years!  You have all made this a special place, and you will always have a place in my heart.

Thank you!

yeah i guess ur right im waaaaaaaay dissapointed cnt believe kishi did that to us :( i loved naruto since VERY LOng i used to ship

ss first but then i realized he dosent love the love sakura gives him Thank you all

#57 Metalhead87

Metalhead87

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing (when I can motivate myself to do it), writing, playing videogames - that kind of stuff.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'm glad that this website will remain operational. I signed up a little while ago, and didn't post anywhere near as often I should have done. I really want to get know all of you fellow NaruSaku supporters better. I'm glad that this place can remain as a beacon to link people together with similar interests, allow them to explore their ideas and creativity, and just generally meet some pretty awesome individuals. Thank you.

Please check out my DeviantArt page! http://infamatt.deviantart.com/ I appreciate it  :happy:

#58 Eddei

Eddei

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:01 PM

Maybe Kishi is a big  How I Met Your Mother fan and Naru Saku will happen =)

Edited by Eddei, 07 November 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#59 It's Deidara Hm

It's Deidara Hm

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My ships better sail

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

Maybe Kishi is a big  How I Met Your Mother fan and Naru Saku will happen =)

Haha if only. Still though the ending to HIMYM was just....no -.- it taught me life will not turn out how you want it.

But hey, if Naruto were to sit down with his children one day to tell them the tale of how he met their mother, nothing would make me happier than to find out Hinata had died 6 years prior and Sasuke and Sakura divorced, which leads to Naruto's kids to urge Naruto to go his very well deserved date with Sakura.

4d1ad0db251e88852e66f358afc86cde.gif

#60 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:37 AM

I'm staying. I met wonderful people here. No way I'm leaving just because of Kishi's cop out.

Thank you for making this site.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users