#1 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

large.jpg

I thought this may make a few people smile here, since we all have had such a hard time lately.

#2 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

I've seen SS fans see Sakura's love for Sasuke as "I love you too much to just let you go down a dark path" kind of thing. When you think about it, you could say the same about Naruto doggedly running after Sasuke all those years...it's just as unrealistic either way.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#3 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

I've seen SS fans see Sakura's love for Sasuke as "I love you too much to just let you go down a dark path" kind of thing. When you think about it, you could say the same about Naruto doggedly running after Sasuke all those years...it's just as unrealistic either way.

Honestly if what I've been told about chapter 699 is true, the SN (Sasuke X Naruto) would have at least made some sense story wise, because I guess all it is is Sasuke confessing how much he loves Naruto. :lmao: But of course no-kitten rule so they couldn't end it like that. I think some of the SN fan's feel a bit cheated. They got a lot of their ship, but in the end got nothing really. Then again I think they knew that from the start, but I don't think they thought it would get taken that far.

#4 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:56 AM

I've pointed out before that a good chunk of the Naruto fandom is young, from mid teens to mid twenties. Most of them haven't been in a serious relationship let alone been in actual love. I'm not saying that it isn't possible,nor do I mean to offend anyone, but love from a young persons point of view is usually distorted. This is why so many young ppl ship NH and SS, they just don't know any better. The older fans only defense, if any, is that they haven't been in a real relationship, if they have, well then I really don't know what I can say about them :zaru:

Edited by Konohakitten, 22 November 2014 - 02:57 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#5 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

I've pointed out before that a good chunk of the Naruto fandom is young, from mid teens to mid twenties. Most of them haven't been in a serious relationship let alone been in actual love. I'm not saying that it isn't possible,nor do I mean to offend anyone, but love from a young persons point of view is usually distorted. This is why so many young ppl ship NH and SS, they just don't know any better. The older fans only defense, if any, is that they haven't been in a real relationship, if they have, well then I really don't know what I can say about them :zaru:

thing is, the maker of Naruto is a grown man with a wife and kids so...you would think HE would know better! /facepalm

I get your point though...

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#6 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

thing is, the maker of Naruto is a grown man with a wife and kids so...you would think HE would know better! /facepalm

I get your point though...

That's the real sad part, especially since he does such a poor job writing Naruto as a father when he himself is a dad. It kinda makes you think what he's really like with his own family :/

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#7 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

What an intelligent point. I never thought about it like that...

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#8 soshi

soshi

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

well said,I wanted to say that ever since I created my account but I did not want to offend anyone.This is the difference betweenNH,SS and us.

#9 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think that NH has such a large support base because in part 1,, Sakura has no real qualities, and she is quite rude.

Hinata, on the other hand is shown as a shy person, who is good to everyone despite her own family situation. people sympathize with her.

Part 2 has the real development. But after 200 episodes of the naive sakura, people find it hard to believe the change she has gone through, and they reason to themselves that sakura is this way because she wants to use naruto to bring sasuke back.

This is total Bull. But they believe it.They dont like the change. The limited screentime Hinata has tiurns her into a mary sue goddess.

If someone, like me, watches part 2 before part one, he will actually see how human sakura's character is.

And of course, then there is the development.Hinata has less than 4 pages of dialogue in the entire manga.

And no one can forget the :"Naruto kun's hand is so manly" comment after neji's death...

Just goes on to show that she is a fangirl (like sakura initially), just one of naruto.
6r1oag.jpg

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

I've heard SS sees a girl that can save the boy from the darkness, but Sakura didn't save Sasuke from anything. :lol:

And apparently Hinata accepts Naruto's childlike tendencies more than Sakura, but we haven't seen Hinata's reaction to them. For all we know she can just be passive about it. :lulz:

ナルサク

#11 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

I've heard SS sees a girl that can save the boy from the darkness, but Sakura didn't save Sasuke from anything. :lol:
And apparently Hinata accepts Naruto's childlike tendencies more than Sakura, but we haven't seen Hinata's reaction to them. For all we know she can just be passive about it. :lulz:

most of NH/SS shippers (girls)
love Shojo a lot
so...Shipping NH/SS is quite normal for them!
Also, many girls have the desire to get the one they love..

and most of the girls think Letting Sakura to Naruto will be a compromise (SS shippers)

they even think that those who SHIP NS are not Sakura fNs, they just force her to love Naruto

NaruHina shippers mostly have hentai/Ecchi fans
rest of the girls are shy ones who love someone & they see Sakura as the one who is their rival, basically a kitten who is in relationship with their love interest

#12 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

most of NH/SS shippers (girls)
love Shojo a lot
so...Shipping NH/SS is quite normal for them!
Also, many girls have the desire to get the one they love..

and most of the girls think Letting Sakura to Naruto will be a compromise (SS shippers)

they even think that those who SHIP NS are not Sakura fNs, they just force her to love Naruto

NaruHina shippers mostly have hentai/Ecchi fans
rest of the girls are shy ones who love someone & they see Sakura as the one who is their rival, basically a b*tch who is in relationship with their love interest

This exactly. I can't stand Hinata-ecchi fans they are so offensive to both Sakura and Hinata picking at their bodies.
Sasusaku is typical dream bad boy fantasy that was never supposed to happen. I sorta see it as the UlquiHime of Naruto (no offense UH fans xD) Dark and hot and tragic but it would never work out realistically in the story.
NaruSaku is for people who ship realism and hate abusive relationships. I know a really good fanfiction author who likes NH better but she still wanted NS to happen just to prevent Sakura from being with Sasuke. Now that's maturity!
So yeah...most NS fans followed the story and thought realistically about the romance while NH/SS lived on fanfiction and old sentimental wishes. Yippe for them their hopes were rewarded. >.>

#13 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

This exactly. I can't stand Hinata-ecchi fans they are so offensive to both Sakura and Hinata picking at their bodies.
Sasusaku is typical dream bad boy fantasy that was never supposed to happen. I sorta see it as the UlquiHime of Naruto (no offense UH fans xD) Dark and hot and tragic but it would never work out realistically in the story.
NaruSaku is for people who ship realism and hate abusive relationships. I know a really good fanfiction author who likes NH better but she still wanted NS to happen just to prevent Sakura from being with Sasuke. Now that's maturity!
So yeah...most NS fans followed the story and thought realistically about the romance while NH/SS lived on fanfiction and old sentimental wishes. Yippe for them their hopes were rewarded. >.>

just like those classic stories of a girl dreaming about a handsome prince saving her :zaru:
even tho the prince actually looks like a puppet

#14 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

This is a great point. I know one of the reasons NS appeals to me is because it's so real. Because they're flawed individuals who make mistakes. But they learn from those mistakes and they learn to support each other as they grow individually and together. I'm probably on the older side of the readership (though certainly not old), but that realness appeals to me as I've gone through those life changes myself. 

Though I do think a lot of it has to do with the respective portrayals of Sakura and Hinata in Part I. I started out far more sympathetic to Hinata. Though Part II and age changed my perspective.

#15 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hinata got less sympathetic in Part 2 while Sakura got more sympathetic to audiences. The former continued her never-ending infatuation with Naruto causing the author to sacrifice her own cousin just to get her closer to him while the latter grew tremendously as a person and struggled with her own lost love of Sasuke. Sakura questioned her one-sided infatuation while Hinata just grew hers.
To NH/SS a boy's love wishes and goals are irrelevant to a girl's denoting sexism. To them love is only a female thing and any guy who gets his love reciprocated only got it out of "reward" or "nice guy/trophy girl" syndrome. They fail to understand the deeper implications of real love being a deep friendship on fire and only sympathize with the pre-teen crushes of young girls.
Naruto may have been immature at times sure and a bit perverted around Sakura but his love her for her was real and not any less stronger just because he didn't faint or stalk or constantly blush around her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users