30 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 03:10 AM

Well CyberPunk Edgerunners was good. Oh the Queen of England died this month.

Summary Time: Chapter 73. A Special Mission. somehow I doubt it or is this assigning the team to by Nail's wingmen to get his together with Hime?

...Geh The cover page is Salad in an awful green colored version of her outfit, she has full lips for some reason, and her hair looks awful. Why is Ikemoto obsessed with drawing hair to look more natural when he can't draw it in a way that looks good?

The story starts of with the team going to the Hokage office. Bolt brags that they are the most brilliant team in the whole village while Cups declares that it will be the start of Neo-team 7...didn't they declare themselves that like 3... going on 4 years ago? And this will be their first mission since they called themselves that?  It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much.

Sorry, it also show you how long both Cups and Salad have been uninvolved with the story.

They find Nail and the clone in Naruto's office with Shikamaru. Apparently they haven't let Bolt and Nail meet since Bolt was revived. The clone shows concern for the fact that she knows Nail killed Bolt. Holy Crap. Konohamaru is here. If there is one character less involved in the story than Bolt's teammates its his team's sensei. Shikamaru goes over general information for eight pages. You know most manga would just skip it and have an aside comment telling the reader that the characters have been informed of required information, but not Ikemoto, no, he needs to waste pages on this infodump of things the readers already know, some info even known for years now.

Of course since he is doing this vocally Hime is listening in.

Wait. No sorry, back for more infodump with Shikamaru. Six pages. Shikamaru points out how dangerous Hime is and have no choice but to let her do as she pleases and since she wants Nail might as well let her live with them. and team seven become her friends.

Hime becomes nervous about living together from the start of the relationship.

More explaining. Four pages...Dear God this is the chapter isn't. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much.  It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. It drags, this story drags so much. 

Hime blushes due to Shikamaru telling of Hime's crush on Nail.

The clone point out she wants to be romanced. Bolt slowly realizes that the missions is to be Nail's and Hime's wingmen and chaperones. 8 more pages of this. They accept the mission.

OH FINALLY SOMETHING kittening ELSE!!! Naruto and Sasuke talk on top of the Hokage tower. This mission exist ot keep Bolt and Nail rushing off to fight Punk. This was Shikamaru idea and Naruto approved of it happening. Nail and Bolt sense something. Sasuke too senses something has a flashback. I'm guessing they are sensing the ten-tails.

26 pages of Shikamaru explaining general information with some back and forth with the kids. Does this manga not have an editor!?

Well this was a pointless chapter except for the last 3 or so pages.

Oh Dragonball Super is on Hiatus.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 September 2022 - 05:33 PM.

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 September 2022 - 04:06 PM

From what I have seen on twitter this chapter confirms that ada is at least 18 since shikamaru referred to her as a women?

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 11:37 PM

Yet again, I'm almost impressed with how uneventful this is. Wait, the idea is to stop the two of them from chasing "punk" right? I just want that clarified

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 02:01 AM

Yet again, I'm almost impressed with how uneventful this is. Wait, the idea is to stop the two of them from chasing "punk" right? I just want that clarified

Both that and Hime's charm power forces them to appease her. I swear that even the anime would normally consider the events on this chapter filler of they were to do it in the anime. Most stories would skip that entire conversation and then just have an aside comment telling the audience that the members of the cast were informed of the details. This story has no editor or at least not a competent one.

From what I have seen on twitter this chapter confirms that ada is at least 18 since shikamaru referred to her as a women?

Was that the one positive take way from this chapter? Also cultures can have different understanding of when a girl becomes a woman. They may consider a woman means 18 because of their understanding of it. Where on the other-hand in Japan the term Shounen/Shoujo are for kids under the age of 15. Which means she could look 16 to Shikamaru. Either way she is lusting after a boy that is what 14, 15?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 September 2022 - 03:04 AM.

#5 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:21 AM

Not really a positive with the execption that it will make ikemoto's drawings of her less problematic if she is 18 at least. Though like you said it does mean she is going after someone younger than her that is problematic given his age. Ether way ikemoto has done a no win situation in regards to ada

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 03:32 PM

Not really a positive with the exception that it will make ikemoto's drawings of her less problematic if she is 18 at least. Though like you said it does mean she is going after someone younger than her that is problematic given his age. Ether way ikemoto has done a no win situation in regards to ada

When Ikemoto draws his female...when he cares to even draw his female characters they all look very very young and child-like in their physical mannerism while also being and behaving sexually. They are all a mixture of matured women in some features while also very young girls in others and vice versa. Its creepy too look at his female characters, because you get a sense of what he lust after in women. Legs, 'eager,' dress promiscuously with heavy focus on the legs, lips, not that big a fan of breast of any size, and them being very very young. 18 might actually be too old for him to be interested in them.

You're trying to make it easier on yourself by making a mental block of, "its ok she is 18."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 September 2022 - 06:03 AM.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:52 AM

Boruto volume 18 sold 32.8K its first week and 71K after two.

https://www.reddit.c..._10_days_is_it/

xzfoxenfy4o91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Remember most of its fans buy it in the first ten days or so.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 September 2022 - 01:00 PM.

#8 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:54 PM

I like the fact that the decline is accelerating after Kishi took over.

Naruto franchise is dead the moment they killed NS.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:32 PM

And as a byproduct, turn Naruto into a hypocritical liar :th_yeah:

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 October 2022 - 09:33 PM.

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 October 2022 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, and somehow no plans because this year is the Naruto's anime 20th anniversary. Nothing to announce, show or support?! 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, and somehow no plans because this year is the Naruto's anime 20th anniversary. Nothing to announce, show or support?! 

They had this:

It's basically a 10 minute remake of some of the moments from the anime.

Like a recap of the whole story but in 10 minutes and redone.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 11:59 PM

I think that's because there was always hope that maybe if Kishimoto came back it could turn things around and become good. Then he did, and nothing changed. In fact, I think it got worse since that was when the manga really got stuck in it cyclical nature and has all but ground to a halt.

Seriously, here is all that has happened in the past few years since kishi "came-back:" Kurama died instead of Naruto, Sasuke lost his eye, Punk became the new lead villain, he got two minions then lost them then got his nudist, Nail got the karma seal back, and the karma seal problem finally got resolved. I think most writers can go through all that in a year or two. I think we are at three years now but I don't feel like checking.

So, with that hope lost and the story not going anywhere. People have finally slowly lost interest.

Why would they? Naruto-Boruto have pretty much been on "emergency power" since they learned it wasn't the international money maker they were promised. They keep the anime and manga going since it generating enough of a profit, but they aren't wasting money on anything else.

They had this:

Surprised they even had this. So it is a recap with the opening at the time, and yes they actually reanimated this since I don't recall Sakura making the expression during the bell test.

Wow they skipped the Neji Vs Hinata fight during the chunin exam, as well as the suicidal charge against Pein, also her speech over Neji's body...holy crap they actually avoided putting Hinata in the entire celebration video. Surprisingly, they kept a lot of Sakura's iconic scenes in it as well.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 October 2022 - 04:32 AM.

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:09 AM

They had this:

A recap... wow. That's literally nothing.

This is a milestone and that's all they could do?!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:14 AM

Seeing as it isn't just cutting old footage and putting the song over it but reanimating it. I think this was made some someone could puff up their resume/portfolio.

#15 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:16 AM

ZDaAABT.gif

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:34 AM

20 years is nothing to celebrate if the franchise lost the interest and financial support of the fans. I sure as hell am not. And last I checked, shouldn’t SP (the Naruto team specifically) actually be celebrating 15 years (give or take) of a scrumptious pair of bewbies they wanted to vicariously bang? :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 October 2022 - 04:43 PM.

#17 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 11:34 AM

Wow they skipped the Neji Vs Hinata fight during the chunin exam, as well as the suicidal charge against Pein, also her speech over Neji's body...holy crap they actually avoided putting Hinata in the entire celebration video. Surprisingly, they kept a lot of Sakura's iconic scenes in it as well.

I was surprised they did that. Especially knowing this is coming from the studio that worships her.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#18 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 02:44 PM

They don't have budget to do anything new for financial gains. Despite all the claims that Boruto anime earns well, the fact that for THE 20th year milestone they can only produce a 10 minutes video clip without new content tells a lot about the actual financial situation with this franchise. lol.

New movie? Nope.
New game? Nope.
New spinoff or storyline? Nope.
New merchandise? Nope.

Naruto franchise's audience is 10-20 years older now. They'd lead a different life today. I suppose they should be in the age group where their disposable income is amongst the highest. So, why not go all out and entice the old loyal fans to spend $$$ on the franchise?

Who are their target audience with the clip? If it's to get new audience, why doing recap? If Sakura was hated so much and unpopular, why put her in the celebration clip? If Hinata is so popular and NH is very big, why there's no Hinata / NH?

Other franchise like DragonBall celebrated its 20th anniversary by broadcasting DragonBall Kai, a re-edited and remastered version of the Dragon Ball Z anime. The episodes were remastered for HDTV, with rerecording of the vocal tracks by most of the original cast, and featuring updated opening and ending sequences. In other words: a mega project for its fans. They were confident that loyal fans will spend their $$$ on the DragonBall franchise. They did. Hence till date you'd still see new games, New content are being produced. Whether you agree or disagree, DragonBall producers did well financially.

Stark contrast with Naruto franchise. They cut ties with segment of the fans that give them the most financial support (NS fans), tried to please the smallest dog that barks the loudest (NH fans), disregard all the 15 years of Manga storyline just so that a below average series Boruto can be born.

If there's anything, Naruto franchise is THE prime example of what NOT to do to grow your franchise.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 04:22 PM

They don't have budget to do anything new for financial gains. Despite all the claims that Boruto anime earns well, the fact that for THE 20th year milestone they can only produce a 10 minutes video clip without new content tells a lot about the actual financial situation with this franchise. lol.

New movie? Nope.
New game? Nope.
New merchandise? Nope.

Naruto franchise's audience is 10-20 years older now. They'd lead a different life today. I suppose they should be in the age group where their disposable income is amongst the highest. So, why not go all out and entice the old loyal fans to spend $$$ on the franchise?

Who are their target audience with the clip? If it's to get new audience, why doing recap? If Sakura was hated so much and unpopular, why put her in the celebration clip? If Hinata is so popular and NH is very big, why there's no Hinata / NH?

Other franchise like DragonBall celebrated its 20th anniversary by broadcasting DragonBall Kai, a re-edited and remastered version of the Dragon Ball Z anime. The episodes were remastered for HDTV, with rerecording of the vocal tracks by most of the original cast, and featuring updated opening and ending sequences. In other words: a mega project for its fans. They were confident that loyal fans will spend their $$$ on the DragonBall franchise. They did. Hence till date you'd still see new games, New content are being produced. Whether you agree or disagree, DragonBall producers did well financially.

Stark contrast with Naruto franchise. They cut ties with segment of the fans that give them the most financial support (NS fans), tried to please the smallest dog that barks the loudest (NH fans), disregard all the 15 years of Manga storyline just so that a below average series Boruto can be born.

If there's anything, Naruto franchise is THE prime example of what NOT to do to grow your franchise.

Amen!

You nailed it, Namaenash. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 04:55 PM

20 years is nothing to celebrate if the franchise lost the interest and financial support of the fans. I sure as hell am not. And last I checked shouldn’t SP (the Naruto team specifically) be actually be celebrating 15 years (give or take) of a scrumptious pair of bewbies they wanted to vicariously bang? :lmao:

There are factions in SP. The loudest is the Hinata fanbase, but that doesn't mean everyone is in it. This could have been made by someone not in the faction. Or, they have been required to work of Boruto filler for years now, putting more work in than the actual mangaka...which to be fair isn't that hard to do with Ikemoto. Would not surprise me if some have grown to hate Hinata for putting them in this situation.

I was surprised they did that. Especially knowing this is coming from the studio that worships her.

Honestly I was expecting them to try including every scene Hinata ever had in this to try to build up the "Love of nH."

Instead it focuses on Naruto and Sasuke relationship with Sakura and Kakashi constant appearance as well as team 10. Team Gai and 8 barely or don't appear at all...I think Kiba was shown for his fight with Naruto and that is it. Hell, Boruto isn't even shown since the video ends with the Final Fight and the blood-bond arm thing.

Its funny that the video shows you can remove Hinata from the story entirely and it really doesn't affect the story at all. Didn't expect that to happen from the anime studio. 

New movie? Nope.
New game? Nope.
New merchandise? Nope.

From things I have heard, that I will call hearsay, Naruto-Boruto earning, up to even 85%, come from international sales which include distribution rights. In Japan, Boruto is an equivalent to a Saturday morning cartoon kids watch because its on in Japan. Some kids buy merch which is why they still make stuff. Despite that it isn't that popular and Naruto-Boruto hasn't been in Japan since the backlash, and since the failure of the Last when they tried to get international fans to watch it makes them not see the worth in reaching out.

Funny thing is that other manga from the time have either got reboots, sequels, or some celebration ova. Inuyasha got a sequel. Kenshin got a sequel and a reboot of its anime. Dragon ball has games movies and a sequel. Zatch Bell got a sequel. Bleach has gotten a continuation of its anime. Shaman king got a reboot of its anime. Those are ones I can remember off the top of my head. So there is clear confidence in those IPs just not Naruto-Boruto; at least not anymore. 

...Has those light novel manga adaptation come out yet or were they cancelled?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 October 2022 - 01:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users