20 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 02:16 PM

Well, I completely forgot to do those topics I was considering. Oh the Vic Case finally ended. From what people said the judges said (my legal speak isn't that great) since TCPA they not really talking about whether Vic was guilty or not, more; even if Vic had a case, his lawyer screwed it up with his antics by focusing on being clever instead of just doing his job. So that's that. From what I understand this isn't going to backlash against him that much since the damage was already done years ago and those depositions help him win in the court of public opinion as far as anime fans are concern.

Summary Time: Chapter 72. Smaller and More Useful...Could the manga please be shorter and quicker instead.

Cover is one of the Kaguya clan member...no I don't know which they honestly all look alike after awhile.

Like always the chapter start of with conversation to recap what happened last chapter because the writer knows the story is so disinteresting that no one can be expected to remember it. Shikamaru ask if Nail really didn't know anything about Madoc's plans...how could he? When it's clear even the writer doesn't even know what it is. Nail is convince he is dead, accuses Shikamaru of being happy about it, and calls him worthless...well of course he is, he needs to be worthless so Ikemoto can show how much better his character is compared to the old cast. Some random mook pops in to help change the scene, Madoc is on the phone.

Phone conversation. Madoc will be back in Konaha in a few days with the androids in tow and they have to accept because of their broken powers. He also throws shade at Shikamaru for his stupid plan. Hime says Madoc needs to play matchmaker with Nail or she'll have Moe kill him. Shikamaru is forced to give the main cast the news of the deal.

Just eating up those pages with worthless filler. Bolt sets off to leave on his new mission (with pages of him getting dress and putting on his shoes.) Hinata sees him off crying as she is glad he got another mission again yet worried he might be killed...because just like with his father she has no faith in his abilities. He jokes about already dying once to put her at ease...wouldn't that prove her worries instead? That ate up five pages.

Oh Finally, Femmy appeared to be that annoying spirit to question his views that so very popular in stories now a days. Another six pages eaten up by this.

Then Salad and Cups appears because the manga staff is apparently at least trying to make them more involved in the story now when Bolt is yelling at Femmy. They just assumed he pumped up because they are still not truly involved in the story.

Oh God Damnit. They decided that they wanted to do something with the daughter as well. She questions to her mother, 'if she became a ninja could she help out her brother or would she instead just make her worry more'...She suppose to be at least TEN! She should already be in the academy at this point training to be a ninja for at least THREE YEARS if not FIVE by this point! Again, even the people working on this don't seem to know what her actual age is and what she is suppose to be doing at that age according to the worlds setting. She is just perpetually 5 to everyone.

Well after have the chapter eaten up on stuff like that. Punk back with that old guy...alright I'm given him a nickname...He looks like an old prospector so there, if someone thinks of something better chime in. Old Prospector notices that they are where Kara kept their ten tails. Just to speed through this last part. Punk notes that this place can only be enter by some with a space-time jutsu, he can only enter here due to his belt. Sasuke lost his eye...He knows this, how? Was he given the script? But as Bolt and Nail are complete Otsutsuki's now, they can learn a jutsu that could bring them here. So, he can't leave the ten tails here incase the village rubs two brain cell together which they won't till at least after he does this. He decide to make the ten tails smaller and more useful to him. With his limiter gone he can expand his belts to completely coat the ten tails. Once coating it he shrinks it into "a bunch naked men with soul-patches and a tail like freeza" that he can control through a patch of his belt that each of them have...no I'm not kidding.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 August 2022 - 05:05 AM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 02:48 PM

Right for something hopefully less stupid than...what ever that was. Dragon Ball Super Chapter 87. Post-battle conversations. Granolan feels he has shorten his life span with his last attack and he informs the two how that was the cost of him becoming so strong. They realize that also the cost of Gas's power up and wonders how bad the cost was for him. The Namekian comes to heal everyone and realizes his powers have grown to the point that he now has the strength to fully heal everyone. Elec tries to flee and the Namekian is shot by Gas...looking even older. They realize he is pretty much one foot in the grave when they restart the fight. Elec rants when the other to goons who think they should take Gas and run. Gas through Elec rants finally realizes that he is dying. Elec tells him to finish the fight before He appears. In come Freeza, Gas tries to attack him and Freeza kills him in a single attack. Literally aging into a skeleton as he dies. Apparently, Elec contacted him to issue a challenge which is why he was so obsessed with Gas killing everyone quickly. Freeza breaks Elec before he kills him, he knew about his schemes all along, he was just using him, and he is the weakest of his gang. 

Turns out Freeza discovered a hyperbolic time chamber on a planet he conquered where he spent 10 days/years training. He only just came out so he wasn't counted when either Gas or Gran made their wish. He is once again the strongest in the universe with a new form Black Freeza. Unlike Golden Freeza that he achieved with just a few months of training, was made as a sort of ironic copy of Super Saiyan, and rushed off half-cocked before he mastered it. This is a new original and mastered form. He also beats Goku and Vegeta in a single blow. Since, he was just here to kill Elec as punishment he decides to leave it with that as he is now better than them once again, and he takes the two remaining Heeters as staff aboard his ship.

Whis comes in and saves the Namekians life. Everyone ends up as friends. Vegeta gives Gran a dragon radar to find the Dragonballs as Gran wants to fix the damage the planet has suffered from the battle. Goku is given his father's scouter which he looks at fondly.

The chapter ends with Whis hinting that the strongest in the universe may emerge somewhere else. Hinting the next arcs opponent I'm guessing.

The arc was fine. The battles weren't that good. But I like everything else about it from the individual power ups Goku and Vegeta got to the lessons they learned.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 August 2022 - 01:45 AM.

#3 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 August 2022 - 12:37 AM

I will say Supers Manga is way darker than anything Boruto has going for it. Well at least thats what this chapter showed us.

And I just love Black Frieza and how he shows everyone why he is evil and will never become a good guy.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 21 August 2022 - 12:37 AM.

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 01:25 AM

I will say Supers Manga is way darker than anything Boruto has going for it. Well at least thats what this chapter showed us.

And I just love Black Frieza and how he shows everyone why he is evil and will never become a good guy.

...Trying to think of how both had dark moments now...

For Boruto: they had Molding Cannibal brain eating transformation that didn't come off as dark more as silly, the kara kids being killed in medical bag, Blacksmith's body going haywire, Ao being crush to death by toad siting on him, Jenga turning into dust as he died, Kurama's death, Suicide Nuke Mode...Honestly, any time Boruto tries being dark it just comes off as silly. Even here with that "oh no Punk has an army created from the ten tails under his control" all I can think of is, "wow they look like a human-Freeza crossbreed (is this so he can trace dragon ball even easier now?) and did he give them kittens? Is that what's truly going to terrify everyone, them flashing people? Is he going to give these kittens cloths or is he going to leave them naked?" Kind of undermines the whole menace of the event.

Now Super: the existence of the GoD and the fact they often destroy things on a whim instead of for a reason, existence is rule by a child-like being that can erase anything on a whim, since Freeza's death the universe has actually been in constant war of liberation from the Freeza force, then once he's back he is now reconquering the universe, the Zero mortals plan, Fused Zamasu last moment before Trunks cuts him and he become infinite Zamasu, if someone is killed by a demon angels can't revive them, a lot of action of Moro the planet eater from his casual killing of the namekians how he used his lieutenant -powering him up till he died just to test Goku- to merging with Earth, Gas aging himself to death for power and Elec not caring about his brother killing himself before his eyes. Honestly, while it while it has a lot of comedy it has a lot of dark elements to it as well.

Freeza once he was revived calmed down a lot. He wants to kill Goku and Vegeta but he knows that they have the backing of Beerus and the Dragonballs so he can't just kill them. He also wants to show he stronger than them whether through powerful minions like Broly or doing it himself. It also shows of Goku's selfishness better than anything else as he is content with Freeza getting stronger and reconquering the universe as long as he leaves Earth alone.

#5 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 August 2022 - 04:00 AM

This chapter was aight... Nothing really to ride home about except for building up more towards that inevitable timeskip that was teased all the way back in the beginning of Chapter 1. 

That said,  the whole concept of miniaturizing The ten tails into being a more resourceful use as an army isn't bad. A point can be made that it could be viable asset to use.   What had me facepalming is what these miniature versions look like.

Out of all the forms we got, this is it??   :wallbash:

That said, when it pertains to Dragon Ball Super, it was quite an interesting chapter   and the whole Black Frieza thing isn't bad. I like it overall, but what does bother me is how it was quickly done. 

but still I am curious to see how things go for Dragon Ball Super's manga, and.... When we eventually cross the ending of Z.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 21 August 2022 - 04:01 AM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 04:31 AM

This chapter was aight... Nothing really to ride home about except for building up more towards that inevitable timeskip that was teased all the way back in the beginning of Chapter 1. 

That said,  the whole concept of miniaturizing The ten tails into being a more resourceful use as an army isn't bad. A point can be made that it could be viable asset to use.   What had me facepalming is what these miniature versions look like.

Out of all the forms we got, this is it??   :wallbash:

That said, when it pertains to Dragon Ball Super, it was quite an interesting chapter   and the whole Black Frieza thing isn't bad. I like it overall, but what does bother me is how it was quickly done. 

but still I am curious to see how things go for Dragon Ball Super's manga, and.... When we eventually cross the ending of Z.

Half the chapter seemed to be building the Uzumaki family dynamic more which is fine -even though I don't care for them- but it feels late. As much as I hate to say it, Hinata and the daughter should have been involved more in earlier arcs to make the scene work better. The Cups and Salad bit is just them reminding themselves and everyone that yes that are trying to re-involve them in the plot... after ignoring them for like five years.

I also thought it was an interesting idea, but then Ikemoto's horrendous aesthetic taste struck again. Seriously, anytime something could be impressive in this manga it would be destroyed partly because Ikemoto made the worst design for it.

As for Super, its a monthly so I don't mind the arc's ending in a chapter instead of being dragged out like its is for weekly manga. Lord knows the Wano arc could have ended over a month ago if it wasn't being dragged out.

Its probably to show off all their big new transformations of the main cast this month Ultra Ego, Ultra Instinct Omen, Orange Piccolo, Black Freeza, and Beast Gohan. Toriyama made Super Saiyans' blond because it was a pain filling in their hair weekly. Super is Monthly so Toyotaro probably doesn't mind doing so. Also, probably either to set up the next arc or the one after when he is once again the antagonist.

In the movie released this week, Pan can walk and talk and Trunks and Goten, finally, look like teenagers. So in story we are probably only a year or so off. The manga has made it clear that Goku will train Uub. Which means soon he needs to start training or at least spending more time with Pan.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 August 2022 - 01:51 AM.

#7 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 August 2022 - 05:23 AM

Half the chapter seemed to be building the Uzumaki family dynamic more which is fine -even though I don't care for them- but it feels late. As much as I hate to say it, Hinata and the daughter should have been involved more in earlier arcs to make the scene work better. The Cups and Salad bit is just them reminding themselves and everyone that yes that are trying to re-involve them in the plot... after ignoring them for like five years.

I also thought it was an interesting idea, but then Ikemoto's horrendous aesthetic taste struck again. Seriously, anytime something could be impressive in this manga it would be destroyed partly because Ikemoto made the worst design for it.

As for Super, its a monthly so I don't mind the arc ending in a chapter instead of being dragged out like its is for weekly manga. Lord knows the Wano arc could have ended over a month ago if it wasn't being dragged out.

Its probably to show off all their big new transformation of the main cast this month Ultra Ego, Ultra Instinct Omen, Orange Piccolo, Black Freeza, and Beast Gohan. Toriyama made Super Saiyans' blond because it was a pain filling in their hair weekly. Super Monthly so Toyotaro probably doesn't mind doing so. Also, probably either to set up the next arc or the one after when he is once again the antagonist.

In the movie released this week, Pan can walk and talk and Trunks and Goten, finally, look like teenagers. So in story we are probably only a year or so off. The manga has made it clear that Goku will train Uub. Which means soon he needs to start training or at least spending more time with Pan.

As far as the manga goes I would definitely agree with that 100% 

Yeah,  I remember reading through the chapter and it's like I said getting to that part thinking "They could've picked a much better design than that.." 

One of things were in concept it could work, but visually representing it that definitely failed immensely. 

In the case of Dragon Ball Super, that's a really great point to take into account with the manga, and I am enjoying the direction the story is going in despite some issues I've noticed here and there. 

I was planning on watching the movie this weekend, but I've been so preoccupied with a lot going on IRL.  planning on seeing it soon, but the fact that it's Gohan and Piccolo focused <-  especially Piccolo it's been one of the films I've been looking forward to cause man Piccolo and Gohan have especially needed it after so long. 

It does seem like we're inching closer and closer to the timeling of Z's ending, and passing that threshold is something I can't wait to explore. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:19 AM

As far as the manga goes I would definitely agree with that 100% 

Yeah,  I remember reading through the chapter and it's like I said getting to that part thinking "They could've picked a much better design than that.." 

One of things were in concept it could work, but visually representing it that definitely failed immensely. 

In the case of Dragon Ball Super, that's a really great point to take into account with the manga, and I am enjoying the direction the story is going in despite some issues I've noticed here and there. 

I was planning on watching the movie this weekend, but I've been so preoccupied with a lot going on IRL.  planning on seeing it soon, but the fact that it's Gohan and Piccolo focused <-  especially Piccolo it's been one of the films I've been looking forward to cause man Piccolo and Gohan have especially needed it after so long. 

It does seem like we're inching closer and closer to the timeline of Z's ending, and passing that threshold is something I can't wait to explore. 

How I would change the manga to make this work, would simply be. Every arc starts off with their mothers' seeing Team 7 off. With a limit of a page for both Bolt (eventually Nail along side him) and Salad (because Lord knows if Ikemoto didn't have such a limit set it would always take a chapter each time the mothers see their kids off) with them asking about the mission or training and wishing them luck. Which would then help show that due to the fact the Boruto died just recently. That she can't put on the brave face she normally does and expresses her worries she has always had that have also been building up over the story. Instead it just brought up out of the blue, because this is the first time she has really been relevant to the story.

Ikemoto is terrible at designing things. Remember Suicide Nuke Mode? However, I doubt even the anime going all out can save these things.

I can shrug most of Supers problems off since at least he is trying, is passionate, and has some interesting ideas. Ikemoto is clearly does not in any of those.

The problem is Super Saiyans have left Piccolo in the dust for so long that he got left behind completely unable to catch up without some sort of power boost. While Gohan based form is apparently still stronger than Goku or Vegeta he doesn't train.

They are going to keep mostly to canon with maybe some changes. What was in GT is set years after the ending but it be interesting to see different takes. For example it been made clear since BoG that Bulma has been gathering the dragonball and using them for frivolous wishes for years. BoG as a birthday prize, Broly she uses it to maintain her youth and the latest movie to give herself a bigger butt. I want to see the evil dragons again with that in mind.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 August 2022 - 05:07 AM.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 11:34 AM

Well I got bored and looked at reddit.

No one is impressed by the design from what I've seen. Everyone see how Freeza "inspired" the design. Some try to justify the creatures existence because of Zetsu and the Ten tails creating minions before.

Apparently, there was an anime filler arc focused on the daughter in the academy, they wondering if this counts as de-canonizing that anime arc or not, and they are trying to convince themselves this is her wanting to be a ninja. When it honestly coming off more questioning if she should and hasn't even enter the academy yet to me.

They think the conversation with Hinata is signaling Bolt's death or at least the time skip. It honestly just feels like it trying to address the fact Hinata would be worried if her son died, and this story seem to be building up to more years of it endless cycle so no I don't see the time skip happening soon...I hate having to type that.

People are increasingly getting sick of this manga and are desperate for a time skip hoping it will get better. The fact that this chapter was after a break does not impress them either.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 August 2022 - 12:37 PM.

#10 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 August 2022 - 04:32 PM

Even with the time skip it won't it will be crap because boruto was always doomed to fail from the start with how it we set up.

The frieza design has got to be the dumbest thing this franchise has ever done and that's saying something. I could maybe tolerate another ten tails, but this is dumb. If they had to make it smaller at least do the designs se saw from chapter 632 or maybe create new tailed beasts like the one from the original or almost original humanoid forms.

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 August 2022 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, that's bad that Boruto is not taking from other manga just to make itself look good, and as TFS once said. "I think Toriyama's n. gonna sue someone,"

I would love if that did happen, mainly as I want this worthless manga to die and be forgotten.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, that's bad that Boruto is not taking from other manga just to make itself look good, and as TFS once said. "I think Toriyama's n. gonna sue someone,"

I would love if that did happen, mainly as I want this worthless manga to die and be forgotten.

They're both owned by the same company. So what's the point of suing? It just different enough that it isn't plagiarism just being "inspired by," and Ikemoto is well known already for tracing; which why I say this is just so he can copy Freeza's panels easier now.

I see this more being mocked by the Japanese if they even care to notice that Boruto is still ongoing.

Even with the time skip it won't it will be crap because boruto was always doomed to fail from the start with how it we set up.

The frieza design has got to be the dumbest thing this franchise has ever done and that's saying something. I could maybe tolerate another ten tails, but this is dumb. If they had to make it smaller at least do the designs se saw from chapter 632 or maybe create new tailed beasts like the one from the original or almost original humanoid forms.

Its certainly up there. New tailed beasts from this is too far. I would have preferred them remain more monstrous and more wrapped in his belts too be honest...or at least after seeing this design.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 August 2022 - 06:23 AM.

#13 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 22 August 2022 - 04:07 PM

@Bail O Lies notify me when a moon appears with that Ten Tails.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 04:51 PM

@Bail O Lies notify me when a moon appears with that Ten Tails.

'A moon appears with the ten tail?'...Oh are you asking, when they activate the infinite illusion? That's not happening for a while, if at all, because Boruto added new lore to it. You need to feed a Kaguya clan member to it before it can turn into a tree and start leeching the planet dry to produce that chakra fruit. That also the point of the Karma seal. As before one sacrificed themselves they would infect a local so they would turn into the one who was sacrificed. Kaguya was suppose to be sacrificed but she betrayed her partner; he's the one who gave Jenga and Nail their karma seal and then gave it remnants to Punk.

As for how that all works or even make sense? How should I know, when it clear the writers don't even know what they are doing.

Punk's goal is to feed Bolt (or Nail) to it, so it would turn into a tree, so he can eat the fruit, and become an Otsutsuki. He making these minions so to protect it while making it useful to him. So we are not going to get a bunch of naked men surrounding Bolt trying to eat him. Also, as both Nail and Bolt are alive post-timeskip they are not going to be fed to the tree and apparently Punk does not count as a Otsutsuki so he can't feed himself to the ten tail as an insane last resort...or maybe be he will when that's retconned.

...Or you asking when the new moon containing Kaguya will be involved back in the story? 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 August 2022 - 02:01 AM.

#15 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 22 August 2022 - 06:57 PM

'A moon appears with the ten tail?'...Oh are you asking, when they activate the infinite illusion? That's not happening for a while, if at all, because Boruto added new lore to it. You need to feed a Kaguya clan member to it before it can turn into a tree and start leeching the planet dry to produce that chakra fruit. That also the point of the Karma seal. As before one sacrificed themselves they would infect a local so they would turn into the one who was sacrificed. Kaguya was suppose to be sacrificed but she betrayed her partner; he's the one who gave Jenga and Nail their karma seal and then gave it remnants to Punk.

As for how that all works or even make sense? How should I know, when it clear the writers don't even know what they are doing.

Punk's goal is to feed Bolt (or Nail) to it so it would turn into a tree so he can eat the fruit and become an Otsutsuki. He making these minions as to protect it while making it useful to him. So we are not going to get a bunch of naked men surrounding Bolt trying to eat him. Also, as both Nail and Bolt are alive post-timeskip they are not going to be fed to the tree and apparently Punk does not count as a Otsutsuki so he can't feed himself to the ten tail as an insane last resort...or maybe be he will when that's retconned.

...Or you asking when the new moon containing Kaguya will be involved back in the story? 

Im hunting for that Infinite Illusion. The Tsukuyomi.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:10 AM

Im hunting for that Infinite Illusion. The Tsukuyomi.

Again, I doubt its going to happen. One, its been done before*, and even if it does happen I doubt it will amount to much. Two, the only way, according to the story, for it to happen is to pretty much kill off one of the main characters (Bolt or Nail,) which again isn't happening.

The sense I have gotten from Ikemoto is, he is very insecure about his manga and any comparing it to Naruto. It is why every character kishimoto made is so incompetent and why any character he made seems to be the only ones with a functioning brain. This happens a lot when new writers are given old IPs, tear down the old cast to try to make their new one look better. Look at Nail compared to everyone else in the village or Madoc to the rest of the adults; they are the only competent people in the village. Why the villains are so powerful and seem to be the only one who apply tactics when they fight. I'm honestly waiting for the Prospector to turn out, despite being a joke character to the new cast, to be so strong he can defeat the kages in with a single attack. The turning the ten tails into naked men minions is probably him thinking he made a better faceless army than kishi did.

Of course what really hold Boruto back is the Ikemoto is lazy, passionless, and has the worst design instincts I have ever seen in a mangaka.

*While the story is a retread of the SNS conflict. Ikemoto is convince he can make a "better" version of it. There is not much you can do with that infinite illusion and again it requires killing one of the main character not likely to happen. So, there is not much he can do with it to make an easy "better" version of IT.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 August 2022 - 10:25 AM.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:29 PM

Do you think this means the plot will get rolling? I doubt it but well It sounds like it might on some level from how the chapter ended. I wouldn't hold my breath though, as usual

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:26 PM

Do you think this means the plot will get rolling? I doubt it but well It sounds like it might on some level from how the chapter ended. I wouldn't hold my breath though, as usual

This story is a wheel spinning in mud.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:15 PM

Yeah I know. I just wanted to hear if you think it's going anywhere as of now. New story arc outside the village? Something like that?

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 September 2022 - 04:16 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 05:39 AM

Yeah I know. I just wanted to hear if you think it's going anywhere as of now. New story arc outside the village? Something like that?

Story outside the village? Other than going off to face punk, no. The cyborg brats are going to the village so we will likely have several chapters/months focus on that. Eventually, Punk will attack with his blood-leather-bound nudist. At some point, Naruto will die. Nail falls off the deep end. Time skip. And then either I stay on for the first arc to see how bad it is or just stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users